00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZanyDruid760 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,867,089 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 18:34:07

Fulp on TV

Ya, he co-hosted for a week a while back. It was cool because at that time, he did a small segment about what was hot on NG at the time.

He did a follow-up a while later over cam I believe about the same thing, but I don't remember seeing him again after that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 18:38:57

At 8/4/07 06:23 PM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: Fulp on TV
I found this today, it's a video of Tom Fulp starring in G¤'s Attack the Show.
It's from 2006 so someone might've posted about it before but not that I know so, anyway here it is.

hadnt seen that one... theres another one where he was invited to the show for a week and they showed one o clock jump. thats the highlight of my career.. or not. haha but it was cool.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 18:41:33

At 8/4/07 06:38 PM, Luis wrote:
It's from 2006 so someone might've posted about it before but not that I know so, anyway here it is.
hadnt seen that one... theres another one where he was invited to the show for a week and they showed one o clock jump. thats the highlight of my career.. or not. haha but it was cool.

As if your ego needs any more massaging :)

It's taking sweet forever to load for me. It'd be cool if they were all uploaded somewhere it took me less than an hour to access...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 18:45:07

At 8/4/07 06:41 PM, Paranoia wrote:
At 8/4/07 06:38 PM, Luis wrote:
As if your ego needs any more massaging :)

Well if it makes you feel any better, the whole movie doesnt show just the first 10 seconds or whatever so really the only people who really got airtime were tommy and whoever was after him and dookiemoole i believe... probably better that way cause it becomes very marijuana based after that lol.

Anyway they didnt show it with the music and if you ever seen that piece thats sort of the whole point of it. GR.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 18:47:23

At 8/4/07 06:45 PM, Luis wrote:
At 8/4/07 06:41 PM, Paranoia wrote: As if your ego needs any more massaging :)
Well if it makes you feel any better../

It doesn't actually :P

Sounds cool, though, even sans sound. I'd like to see a clip of that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 19:16:12

I remember seeing this clip on Youtube (the whole one), but I apparently it has been removed "due to a copyright claim by G4 Media Inc." :/

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 20:04:36

At 8/4/07 07:54 PM, Generate wrote: Well, Thanks to the newest MaddFlash video,

I realised my "Flash Is Back?" movie was put on the front page of "EbaumsWorld"

I'm pretty sure that was a photoshop no?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 20:35:25

At 8/4/07 07:08 AM, Mogly wrote: Aah lets not discuss eBaums world.

I have a question for you. If some of you feel bad about 'stuff being stolen by ebaums and milked for your money etc etc', then how do you feel about Tom making lots of money here..?

The reason why we submit stuff here is to get supportive reviews, and for that I think Tom deserves the money. He put alot of work into this website (sure he gets money because of our work, but it's worth the support that we get in return).

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 23:18:17

At 8/4/07 07:08 AM, Mogly wrote: I have a question for you. If some of you feel bad about 'stuff being stolen by ebaums and milked for your money etc etc', then how do you feel about Tom making lots of money here..?

We submit our stuff here. If Eric actually requested permission to show the work then there'd be no problem.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-04 23:32:11

At 8/4/07 11:11 PM, DarkMana wrote: Unfortunately, I can't get my ear wet, due to the stitches I got when I had that cyst removed yesterday -- that means I can't wash my hair or submerge my head underwater.

Tape a sock over your ear. Problem solved.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 00:02:01

At 8/4/07 11:11 PM, DarkMana wrote: God Damnit.

So, I went to work with my dad two days last week (he's in construction) and the overkill of UV made my lips painfully chapped (I have to apply aloe vera gel every half-hour or they start to hurt). I'm also going camping next week, plan on getting some fishing in. Unfortunately, I can't get my ear wet, due to the stitches I got when I had that cyst removed yesterday -- that means I can't wash my hair or submerge my head underwater.

AIN'T LIFE GRAND?

just don't go. solves the whole thing. yeah yeah yeah, and where are you going camping? i just got back from a 10 day back country trip in the sierra mountains and a climb up mount shasta in California.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 00:02:46

At 8/4/07 11:32 PM, CrazyChihuahua wrote:
At 8/4/07 11:11 PM, DarkMana wrote: Unfortunately, I can't get my ear wet, due to the stitches I got when I had that cyst removed yesterday -- that means I can't wash my hair or submerge my head underwater.
Tape a sock over your ear. Problem solved.

socks absorb water, use a platic bag

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 10:37:23

At 8/4/07 11:11 PM, DarkMana wrote: that means I can't wash my hair or submerge my head underwater.

Hey, I had to keep my foot from getting wet for entire 10 days (bandage on my foot - go back about 50 pages to see the full article). It stunk by the end of it.

Bitmap Falling Pixels Class thing

Coolio. AS3, yes?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 10:40:42

I had to keep my arm from getting wet for about a month (cast, broken arm) I used a plastic bag to keep it from getting wet.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 11:10:29

At 8/4/07 11:05 AM, Luis wrote: Kenney is prime example of what happens when you put all your faith and dreams on a sponsor making 2 min games and then have that 'easy check' suddenly pulled from you.

Well I don't quite think that Kenney learned yet, as instead he's now just looking for other sponsors.

Anyway If I can put my 2 cents in, I agree with a lot of things Luis and Mindchamber said about how it's bad to make mediocre games just for a quick buck or to win a contest or whatever.

But there's the other side of the fence too, where you don't make games for a quick buck, you make games because you like making games, then get a quick buck off of them as a bonus.

We have a choice, and some people will make mediocre games for money. It's their problem if they get stuck with them. You can only blame the sponsors to some extent, but more of the blame rests on the artist.

Also if I can add, Kenney is a great artist and such, but working with him wasn't all smooth sailing because I had to basically force him to pull off higher quality work. He could do it but often times he would just settle for "good enough" as opposed to something that truly stands out. You can blame this on the fact that he was doing all of his games for the sponsorship money instead of the art of it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 11:44:43

At 8/4/07 08:35 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote:
At 8/4/07 07:08 AM, Mogly wrote: Aah lets not discuss eBaums world.

I have a question for you. If some of you feel bad about 'stuff being stolen by ebaums and milked for your money etc etc', then how do you feel about Tom making lots of money here..?
The reason why we submit stuff here is to get supportive reviews, and for that I think Tom deserves the money. He put alot of work into this website (sure he gets money because of our work, but it's worth the support that we get in return).

That's the main reason why Newgrounds exists so Tom and his crew can earn money from our flash submissions. Do you really think Newgrounds is a "innocent" flash site?

And the only difference between Newgrounds and eBaumsworld is that Tom is smart and discreet enough to not tell us he's using us to gain money.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 12:05:21

Hey barbeq long time no see

Anyway, while ive been gone for the last week ive acctually done stuff lol, animated this new thing http://denvish.net/ulf/050807/61247_bit.
php

done variouse sketches and stuff, ill keep comming back to read peoples blogs and stuff. I really hope i get this animation completed cause its growing on me

Animation
http://denvish.net/ulf/050807/61247_bit.
php

Comments ? :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 12:12:07

At 8/5/07 11:44 AM, Barbeq wrote: That's the main reason why Newgrounds exists so Tom and his crew can earn money from our flash submissions. Do you really think Newgrounds is a "innocent" flash site?

And the only difference between Newgrounds and eBaumsworld is that Tom is smart and discreet enough to not tell us he's using us to gain money.

How d'you work that out? Does the fact that he's making money automatically mean that he's got to be a cynical bastard out to exploit users for all they're worth?

You can't just go throwing shit like that around without justification. We can see who the real exploiters of authors are by the total disregard they have for the people who make the games they steal. I've not seen anything to suggest that Tom's anything other than the real deal as far as supporting Flash developers is - pretty much the opposite in fact. This site's got just about the most active and effective anti-thievery system on the scene. Tom's an active developer and coder himself - if anyone's going to appreciate the work authors put into Flash it's him.

In short, don't go flinging shit around unless you can really back it up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 12:15:50

At 8/5/07 12:09 PM, DarkMana wrote:
At 8/5/07 12:05 PM, fuzz wrote: Comments ? :D
That's cool, is it a Bytesize submission?

Nah, i dont think its the right size, 300x200? 30fps too

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 12:21:20

I dont like it. I watched this by Zekey Spacey Lizard a bit ago and I just can't like it. To me it's people immitating Chris Cunningham and I can't appreciate it, I think it's to much of a simple thing to do, it works in video but not in animation so much I dont think. Actually I think itsjust the immitation that I dont like. You can listen to any song on Drunqs and get that vision in your head of like some weird 'freeze - start - stop again' sorta thing going on.

-----
Re:eBaums - trancending to NG, your views?

Barbeq - I cannot even tell if you are taking the piss. Dont be silly if you're not.
Vengeance - Yes I know, if you'd of read on a little you woulda seen others say that and me put them back on track

What I was trying to ask you all is do you ever sit back and think, hang on a minute, yeah fair enough eBaum is stealing and making money 'out of our hard work'.. NG may not be stealing but it is making money 'out of our hard work'. Do you feel that way atall any of you?

I don't personally btw, so nt try to aim your response back to convincing me. To me NG is inbetween and some being the public resource that Youtube is, and the entertainment site that eBaums(etc) are. The and some being the community aspect of it but I dont really like that word to much. I dunno, I cant be arsed im sure you get it.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 13:06:13

At 8/5/07 12:21 PM, Mogly wrote:
I dont like it. I watched this by Zekey Spacey Lizard a bit ago and I just can't like it. To me it's people immitating Chris Cunningham and I can't appreciate it, I think it's to much of a simple thing to do, it works in video but not in animation so much I dont think. Actually I think itsjust the immitation that I dont like. You can listen to any song on Drunqs and get that vision in your head of like some weird 'freeze - start - stop again' sorta thing going on.

I hadnt hear of Chris Cunningham, so i definatly wasnt trying to copy him but i can see what you mean i guess. Either way im going to finish this.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 13:15:12

Flash Piracy in General
Ebaumsworld did dirty things, people called it. The site shifted gears towards paying for content. His employees contact me to pay me UP FRONT for hosting content, without even modifying it in any way. I talked to Matt from the site, and he discussed him policies towards hosting content... and he was very up front and clear how they operate. I have to admit, it felt like the site shifted several gears to provide content that was legally theirs to display and perform. People will continue to harp on Ebaums, because its the fun thing to do... regardless of the fact that people's flash are getting sold on Ebay or that reverse engineering is going on to get a high score system in and your logos out. But we still have time to bash Eric Bauman... because its something we can identify with.

But that's the blind eye our community likes. We have this inept ability to build a single synedoche and run with it in order to feel competent about our understanding of the "enemy" and to compensate for our anger in stolen content; then we won't let go of our target until there is new flesh to jump on. Yeah what Mr. Bauman did was terrible, and as was the actions of Site A, Site B, Site C, Site D, and so on. I am not trying to alleviate Bauman from his fallacies, but I am just asking people to see the breadth of the issue.

As discussed in a previous thread, over 55% of Flash developers on Newgrounds take absolutely no precautions in protecting their files on the web. There are free resources and tools available for your disposal, and people opt not to use them. Then when files get stolen, they get up in arms, kicking and screaming until even more people begin to kick and scream. Yeah, it shouldn't have to be your obligation to protect yourselves from steal, but that is is the way it is in the Flash community.

I just hope that some people will soon realize the irony of the situation. The analogy I like to think of when looking at the Flash community is the stolen bike. If your bike gets stolen from your front yard, you do not just leave the next one you get out there too. You lock it up, find ways to protect it. I see the Flash community leaving thousands of bikes in their front yards, as the thieves continue to choose their favorites from the bunch and ride them all the way home.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 13:23:09

Good metaphor (metafor? matiphor? I'm not sure how to spell it...) jmtb02. I noticed that too. It's simple to protect your flashes yet barely anyone does it. My first few flashes didn't have it but I protect all of mine know even though I doubt poeple would steal them.
Anyway I noticed they got a link to .swf protect on the submit flash page now. All we can hope for is that poeple notice that.

lol I can't even ride a bike IRL. :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 13:51:47

At 8/5/07 01:30 PM, hashbrown wrote: kenney and sponsoring
what happened to kenney, i mean i know he got booted from armor studios, but he still can be sponsored by armor games right?
Is it because he stole code?

Your the one who works for them now, why dont you ask?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 13:59:37

At 8/5/07 01:30 PM, hashbrown wrote: kenney and sponsoring
what happened to kenney, i mean i know he got booted from armor studios, but he still can be sponsored by armor games right?
Is it because he stole code?

Ya what happend to him... and he got booted and stole code ???/ Realy?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 14:16:00

At 8/5/07 12:12 PM, Paranoia wrote: How d'you work that out? Does the fact that he's making money automatically mean that he's got to be a cynical bastard out to exploit users for all they're worth?

First, I love Tom and Newgrounds.

Every flash host site out there wants you to submit content to their site so they can make a profit from it. I'm just so fed up with these Newgrounds fan boys who only submit flash content to Newgrounds and then bitch about some random site stealing their content. If some random flash host site stole your content then it means it's good. Take advantage from this.

Since almost every flash author out there is after money, chicks and fame, they should spread their flash content over the Internet, even on eBaumsworld, to establish a fan base that can visit your own flash host site.

Also I even think that you can persuade your sponsor to give you more $$$ for spreading your flash content over the web.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 14:32:53

At 8/5/07 01:59 PM, Pezboy440 wrote: Ya what happend to him... and he got booted and stole code ???/ Realy?

According to this, Armor studios seperated with Armor Games, then Gab kicked Kenney out for some reason.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 14:33:09

At 8/5/07 02:16 PM, Barbeq wrote:
At 8/5/07 12:12 PM, Paranoia wrote: How d'you work that out? Does the fact that he's making money automatically mean that he's got to be a cynical bastard out to exploit users for all they're worth?
First, I love Tom and Newgrounds.

Every flash host site out there wants you to submit content to their site so they can make a profit from it. I'm just so fed up with these Newgrounds fan boys who only submit flash content to Newgrounds and then bitch about some random site stealing their content.

Its not that people dont want their shit spread over the net its the fact that if you have any self respect you'd atleast TELL the author your stealing it... its an ethics issue.. i dont care that ebaums steals my shit.. i care that he doesnt even have the decency to say HAI Im using your shit fyi.

If little bobby wants to steal my shit and host it on his freewebs fine.. but if there are legitamite businesses and moguls out there clearly making a buck off of you dont you think its atleast semi respectable to atleast tell people you are jackin their shit ATLEAST TELL THEM. you can steal it.. atleast tell me your raping me. dont stick your cock up my ass and wait till i notice.

It would take him all of two mins to send out a prefabricated email.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 14:33:51

RE: Flash Piracy in General

Well, the eBaums issue has kinda just been brought forward to 2007, because regardless of his site's current policy he is now effectively just taking a big pile of money and running, proving once and for all that years of stealing and generally being an asshole pays off.

I do think it's really pointless using the site as a scapegoat, though. It made sense back when they were at the top of their game and by far the biggest example of large scale profit from stolen content, but now they've changed site policy it doesn't make much sense to continue protesting as if there's still something we can get them to change. Nowadays there are plenty of much worse offenders around, and it's only because we don't have one unifying image or site like with eBaumsworld to target that people don't seem to care too much.

As for the whole protection thing, the main problem is that there's very little one individual to do. I could protect my games or demand them withdrawn from content stealing sites, but then what? They move onto the next developer to fill their 'ten new games a day' quota. They still get the content, and the only one really losing out is me by gimping the performance of my games in taking a stand that most other developers won't bother with.

In an ideal world sites which make money from hosting content without permission wouldn't be able to continue existing while generating money from ridiculous numbers of ads. But it's going to take a lot more than a load of scattered developers making their own stands to achieve that. Nothing short of either a mass boycott or campaign to raise awareness of actual viewers will make much of a dent on the machine. So, until someone arranges something like that, developers everywhere are going to continue allowing people to take their work, and the losers are as always the naive authors who don't understand the system enough to track or place links in their work, and the general morality of the world.

Anyways...

Change of subject

How's this for an intro scene for a new game?. Apart from the filter whoring and temporary sound effects, anyway.

The only problem is how I'm going to manage to get the whole thing finished by halloween, especially with it long enough to justify the lengthy intro :P I got a tonne of ideas; it's just a matter of getting them down in time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 14:58:49

Gabs redirected kenneys old site to lemonparty
I mean, if shit has happened you've still got to stay proffesional, it makes you wonder whos telling the truth, the person who redirected someones site to lemonparty or w/e

paranoia
Your intro is very nice, the text at the start goes on for a bit long but the rest is cool.