MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-02 23:55:15 Reply

At 9/2/13 06:29 PM, VoidForce wrote: I hope I get to be the recurring guest star who's jokes are all based around not knowing any coding whatsoever.

Multiples of four, man. Multiples of four!

canned laughter
At 9/2/13 11:50 PM, egg82 wrote: I have the strangest feeling we wouldn't last longer than a pilot

We'd get to storyboard, but there'd only be one sketch of everyone typing on a computer. Nothing else, no action or movement.

nitokov
nitokov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 05:32:01 Reply

Is it possible to prevent page from scrolling using mouse wheel when flash is focused?

RangeError: Error #1125: The index 4 is out of range 4.

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 09:26:28 Reply

At 9/2/13 11:50 PM, egg82 wrote: "Why would you use three lists when you can simply use a dictionary with a tuple for your UDP packets?! Ahahaha.. Wait, no, that's not even remotely funny..."
I have the strangest feeling we wouldn't last longer than a pilot

A pilot that gains a cult following, I'd settle for that.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 09:35:09 Reply

At 9/3/13 05:32 AM, nitokov wrote: Is it possible to prevent page from scrolling using mouse wheel when flash is focused?

Yeah, mousewheelcatcher doesn't work on chrome, and another one I'll link later doesn't work on Mac tho.

Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 11:50:18 Reply

It begins.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

nobody

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 12:21:31 Reply

At 9/3/13 11:50 AM, Innermike wrote: It begins.

Someone has a photo editing program and too much time on their hands, I see :P

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 13:36:32 Reply

At 9/3/13 09:35 AM, MSGhero wrote:
At 9/3/13 05:32 AM, nitokov wrote: Is it possible to prevent page from scrolling using mouse wheel when flash is focused?
Yeah, mousewheelcatcher doesn't work on chrome, and another one I'll link later doesn't work on Mac tho.

other one. I don't remember what the first one was actually called, oh well. Just know it won't work for all viewers.

Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 13:47:32 Reply

At 9/2/13 11:55 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 9/2/13 11:50 PM, egg82 wrote: I have the strangest feeling we wouldn't last longer than a pilot
We'd get to storyboard, but there'd only be one sketch of everyone typing on a computer. Nothing else, no action or movement.

What are you talking about? Whenever I post I'm wearing a mankini whilst juggling chainsaws on a unicycle. Also there is a bear

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 14:12:25 Reply

At 9/3/13 01:47 PM, Rustygames wrote: What are you talking about? Whenever I post I'm wearing a mankini whilst juggling chainsaws on a unicycle. Also there is a bear

I post with my face.

by tybg6p[-0trwqe2qawTRY5UJHY;L'PM, JHKUO90PU7Y64R5ESAWDECV GHDESFRKLBVUJYHRET

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 16:06:47 Reply

At 9/3/13 01:47 PM, Rustygames wrote: What are you talking about? Whenever I post I'm wearing a mankini whilst juggling chainsaws on a unicycle. Also there is a bear

Back to pixelmator we go, this is going to be a long night...

nobody

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 16:16:57 Reply

Something I coded two weeks ago for the future just became relevant and immensely useful. Thanks past me.

i don't even know how it works, not touching it
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-03 18:42:50 Reply

At 9/3/13 02:12 PM, egg82 wrote:
I post with my face.

by tybg6p[-0trwqe2qawTRY5UJHY;L'PM, JHKUO90PU7Y64R5ESAWDECV GHDESFRKLBVUJYHRET

Not going to lie, I opened up a notepad file after reading that and tried to see if I could spell any words accidentally using my face...

NO SHAME!

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-04 01:39:24 Reply

That moment when those random twitter followers stop following you ._.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-04 12:09:40 Reply

At 9/4/13 01:39 AM, MSGhero wrote: That moment when those random twitter followers stop following you ._.

Be careful what you wish for :P

Also: never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Oldy but goody :D

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 13:27:30 Reply

Funny how the Reg Lounge just freezes like this for days at a time then we fill up a page in a few hours.

Also, why is it so difficult to find out your National Insurance Number? I never got a card and now I'm being told it's going to take like a month to get it, fuck this system.

inb4 >that edge

I'm lucky enough to be somewhat prepared but what if I wasn't and I needed government help urgently? This is how people slip through the cracks. Fuck privacy give me a chip in my brain at birth so I don't have to go through all this bullshit honestly.

nobody

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 14:05:32 Reply

At 9/5/13 01:27 PM, Innermike wrote: Also, why is it so difficult to find out your National Insurance Number? I never got a card and now I'm being told it's going to take like a month to get it, fuck this system.
inb4 >that edge
I'm lucky enough to be somewhat prepared but what if I wasn't and I needed government help urgently? This is how people slip through the cracks. Fuck privacy give me a chip in my brain at birth so I don't have to go through all this bullshit honestly.

Bring two pieces of ID to your local job centre, one photographic, then they'll tell you then and there. It's odd that you didn't get a card, I got mine pretty promptly when I was meant to a few years back :S

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 14:40:52 Reply

Hai guys :3

I should get back into flash, not that I was ever very good at it

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 17:48:01 Reply

At 9/5/13 02:40 PM, Hamalo wrote: Hai guys :3

You should. I believe in you.

I updated fd from out of the beta version, and all of a sudden the GameInput classes were available to me. Previous versions didn't let me access it, and adobe's beta docs say the class is AIR only. But it seems to work.

linky. Of course, it's an 11.7 or 11.8 feature, and of course it doesn't seem to work with pepper flash.

swishcheese
swishcheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 18:18:58 Reply

At 9/5/13 05:48 PM, MSGhero wrote:

I updated fd from out of the beta version, and all of a sudden the GameInput classes were available to me. Previous versions didn't let me access it, and adobe's beta docs say the class is AIR only. But it seems to work.

linky. Of course, it's an 11.7 or 11.8 feature, and of course it doesn't seem to work with pepper flash.

Wowww, yeah. thats awesome. does not work on chrome as you said. I did not think flash player had direct access to a game pad. I am current working on a 2D fighter using C# and XNA game studio. one of the reason was cause flash could not take game pad input directly.

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 18:27:42 Reply

At 9/5/13 06:18 PM, swishcheese wrote:
At 9/5/13 05:48 PM, MSGhero wrote:

Wowww, yeah. thats awesome. does not work on chrome as you said. I did not think flash player had direct access to a game pad. I am current working on a 2D fighter using C# and XNA game studio. one of the reason was cause flash could not take game pad input directly.

I'm in the pre-stages of a fighting game, so controllers would be kinda cool there. I'd need to make a guide on how to enable it...doubt many people will update flash and disable pepper when they can just use the keyboard. And idk how importing GameInput is handled when you have a prior version of flash, as it wouldn't exist. Hmm...

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 18:32:33 Reply

At 9/5/13 06:18 PM, swishcheese wrote: Wowww, yeah. thats awesome. does not work on chrome as you said. I did not think flash player had direct access to a game pad. I am current working on a 2D fighter using C# and XNA game studio. one of the reason was cause flash could not take game pad input directly.

Unfortunately XNA was discontinued some time ago, though Microsoft has yet to come up with a replacement. I'd try MonoGame if I were you. It seems to be close to what you'd expect, it even uses some XNA stuff.

BBS Signature
swishcheese
swishcheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 18:49:23 Reply

At 9/5/13 06:32 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 9/5/13 06:18 PM, swishcheese wrote: Wowww, yeah. thats awesome. does not work on chrome as you said. I did not think flash player had direct access to a game pad. I am current working on a 2D fighter using C# and XNA game studio. one of the reason was cause flash could not take game pad input directly.
Unfortunately XNA was discontinued some time ago, though Microsoft has yet to come up with a replacement. I'd try MonoGame if I were you. It seems to be close to what you'd expect, it even uses some XNA stuff.

Well, its not building to XNA framework. it is building to .NET framework 4 Client Profile, but I am using Game studio(XNA) classes that help me take game control input. I tried to register an xbox app hub student account so i could connect to xbox and develop on that, but it was a hassle registering and i accident register a non-student account so I have to pay now if i want to test anything.

I forgot what exactly i download, it was like game studio 3.0 or something. But basically, in Visual Studio 2010 i go to create new project(Visual C#) and there are now different templates. I choose the Windows Game template. now with a connect xbox controller into my PC, I can move an animate character around with the analog stick (that is as far as i got).

BBS Signature
swishcheese
swishcheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 18:52:18 Reply

At 9/5/13 06:27 PM, MSGhero wrote: I'm in the pre-stages of a fighting game, so controllers would be kinda cool there. I'd need to make a guide on how to enable it...doubt many people will update flash and disable pepper when they can just use the keyboard. And idk how importing GameInput is handled when you have a prior version of flash, as it wouldn't exist. Hmm...

Thats cool. And yeah. Heyyy! I Might. The controller thing seemed a lil buggy too. When i minimized screen and maybe i was testing my game my control turned of even tho it plugged in. Then I disconnected it, then i reconnected and it was connected as a second player on xbox controller.

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 19:00:30 Reply

At 9/5/13 06:52 PM, swishcheese wrote: Thats cool. And yeah. Heyyy! I Might. The controller thing seemed a lil buggy too. When i minimized screen and maybe i was testing my game my control turned of even tho it plugged in. Then I disconnected it, then i reconnected and it was connected as a second player on xbox controller.

I think you can handle that kind of stuff with ADDED, REMOVED, and UNUSABLE. It was a quick demo so it probably doesn't have any of that.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-05 23:21:21 Reply

*cough*make art faster*cough*

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-06 13:52:21 Reply

At 9/5/13 11:21 PM, MSGhero wrote: *cough*make art faster*cough*

Making faster dialogue...wait...what?

Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-08 22:45:06 Reply

At 9/5/13 02:05 PM, VoidForce wrote: Bring two pieces of ID to your local job centre, one photographic, then they'll tell you then and there.

As if it's that easy. That place is useless. Maybe cause it's only a JobCentre+, maybe I need to go to a JobCentre++?

nobody

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-09 16:11:01 Reply

At 9/8/13 10:45 PM, Innermike wrote:
At 9/5/13 02:05 PM, VoidForce wrote: Bring two pieces of ID to your local job centre, one photographic, then they'll tell you then and there.
As if it's that easy. That place is useless. Maybe cause it's only a JobCentre+, maybe I need to go to a JobCentre++?

Add another plus and you may be onto a winner!

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-11 10:17:56 Reply

Why am I friends with these people, again? o.o

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-09-11 12:53:56 Reply

Guys!

I'm alive!