New Topic Respond to this Topic
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 20:57:41 Reply

I just realized the hotel we booked for GDC has a big problem where there's a shitton of homeless people outside doing drugs and bad things.

Guys help I don't wanna be killed and raped and do drugs D:

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 21:05:33 Reply

At 3/13/13 08:57 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: I just realized the hotel we booked for GDC has a big problem where there's a shitton of homeless people outside doing drugs and bad things.

Guys help I don't wanna be killed and raped and do drugs D:

Just do what I did when I did the second time I went to GDC: get drunk and smoke weed with them. Best job interview ever.

I-smel
I-smel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-14 09:20:09 Reply

Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

I'm at GDC and Flashgamesummit for the first time this year.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-14 16:33:06 Reply

At 3/14/13 09:20 AM, I-smel wrote: Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

Actually the job interview was with people I met at GDC, and they paid for the weed.

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 05:16:47 Reply

At 3/14/13 09:20 AM, I-smel wrote: Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

Awesome. You should come check out Concerned Joe at GDC Play. We're at booth 9, right in the first row at the entrance.

Also I wanna shake your hand cuz you're awesome and stuff.

At 3/14/13 04:33 PM, GeoKureli wrote: Actually the job interview was with people I met at GDC, and they paid for the weed.

So how was your GDC experience? Aside from the weed.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 12:54:58 Reply

At 3/15/13 05:16 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: So how was your GDC experience? Aside from the weed.

I won a ps3, I turned that down job, one year I met Glaiel. Next time I go, I want to submit a game to the IGF

Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 13:44:14 Reply

When is the James Gam then? I thought it was going to be sometime this month.

nobody

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 15:04:52 Reply

At 3/15/13 01:44 PM, Innermike wrote: When is the James Gam then? I thought it was going to be sometime this month.

I asked Tom if it'll be soon and he said yeah. No idea when soon is, though.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-17 16:22:32 Reply

oh god GDC is in a week

let the liver preparation begin

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 11:30:04 Reply

This thread is still alive!

BBS Signature
I-smel
I-smel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 12:18:34 Reply

all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 14:42:40 Reply

Are bold headers still being used?
Does anyone have a gamefile in his Newgrounds Project folder thing he or she can invite me as a beta-tester for? It could even be a blank .swf for all I care, or something you simply have lying about. Out of the 30 people I have sent a beta invite so far I think only 2 or so managed to get it to work, so I'm curious as to how it works from the tester's side. Many thanks and hugs in advance.

BBS Signature
Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:07:31 Reply

At 3/18/13 02:42 PM, Xeptic wrote: Are bold headers still being used?
Does anyone have a gamefile in his Newgrounds Project folder thing he or she can invite me as a beta-tester for? It could even be a blank .swf for all I care, or something you simply have lying about. Out of the 30 people I have sent a beta invite so far I think only 2 or so managed to get it to work, so I'm curious as to how it works from the tester's side. Many thanks and hugs in advance.

Here you go

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34f5a07dac4834b1f23d80bb 1461fc3a

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:29:22 Reply

At 3/18/13 03:07 PM, Rustygames wrote:
Here you go

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34f5a07dac4834b1f23d80bb 1461fc3a

Cutesy, thanks for the effort, splendid use of gradients. However not quite what I wanted :) What I would like someone to do is: Go to their Project System > Select a Project from there > click Preview > and then at the bottom left add me as a beta tester. I think that is the way people are supposed to invite testers to projects.

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:53:38 Reply

I added you to one of my old projects. It's never not worked for me, I just add a person from the project preview

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 16:10:15 Reply

At 3/18/13 03:53 PM, MSGhero wrote: I added you to one of my old projects. It's never not worked for me, I just add a person from the project preview

Thanks, it works like a charm. Maybe people need to look a little better.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 18:10:45 Reply

At 3/18/13 12:18 PM, I-smel wrote: all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!

protip the only ones you should go to are the indie game summit ones, the rest are shit like "How to optimize hat-sales in IOS angry birds clones"

I-smel
I-smel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 19:59:31 Reply

At 3/18/13 06:10 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 3/18/13 12:18 PM, I-smel wrote: all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!
protip the only ones you should go to are the indie game summit ones, the rest are shit like "How to optimize hat-sales in IOS angry birds clones"

Yeah the first 2 days are a lot of small-business stuff, and everything after that is like "how to market an existing licensed propert" or... whatever.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-19 01:45:29 Reply

At 3/18/13 07:59 PM, I-smel wrote:
At 3/18/13 06:10 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
Yeah the first 2 days are a lot of small-business stuff, and everything after that is like "how to market an existing licensed propert" or... whatever.

there's a couple of good ones after the first 2 days. microtalks, rants, experimental gameplay session

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 14:05:34 Reply

At 3/19/13 01:45 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:

So where are you guys staying and do you have all access passes or what?

We're staying at Renoir Hotel and we have expo passes, and the "Staff Pass" which comes with the GDC Play booth..not exactly sure what type of pass that counts as.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 20:37:50 Reply

I went on a journey of discovery this last week.
Well, not really. I just watched a lot of youtube videos.

I did, however, discover I have an ambition to become popular on youtube. I dunno why, I just think it'd be a cool experience.
Anyway, that's my current goal.

What're you all up to?

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 21:24:09 Reply

At 3/20/13 08:37 PM, egg82 wrote: What're you all up to?

The last 1-2% of this RPG. Watching Breaking Bad. Putting off homework until I get back to campus.

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 03:49:31 Reply

I on the other hand have useful ambitions like working on my NeuroPulse game, which I'm starting to do morning - night, so making good progress.

In other news, freelance mobile app project using Haxe/NME. But NeuroPulse is starting to define my life.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 03:55:55 Reply

Restructuring entire graphic engine while I wait for assets from team mates, then level design.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 12:26:08 Reply

At 3/21/13 03:49 AM, PSvils wrote: I on the other hand have useful ambitions like working on my NeuroPulse game, which I'm starting to do morning - night, so making good progress.

I don't expect my goal to be a reality :P
The journey should be a lot of fun

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 13:33:34 Reply

At 3/20/13 08:37 PM, egg82 wrote: I did, however, discover I have an ambition to become popular on youtube. I dunno why, I just think it'd be a cool experience.
Anyway, that's my current goal.

Good luck on that. I feel like most of the stuff I see my friends watching is just rehashed stuff from other popular channels, done in such a way that their only goal is to become "YouTube famous". I suppose if you can bring something new and interesting (which is a feat in itself, considering YT size), then I'd definitely give it a watch.

Oh also, PRODUCTION VALUE.

What're you all up to?

It's been the last week of my first year at uni, so starting Saturday I aim to revise. Unlikely that's how it'll go to plan but there you go. Aside from that I've been working on a couple of games which I'll have tons more time for when I finish tomorrow. Game grumps everyday, too.

At 3/21/13 03:49 AM, PSvils wrote: I on the other hand have useful ambitions like working on my NeuroPulse game, which I'm starting to do morning - night, so making good progress.

How do you keep motivation to work on a project day after day? Just interested,

In other news, freelance mobile app project using Haxe/NME. But NeuroPulse is starting to define my life.

I really enjoy writing in Haxe/NME, but nothing has really come of it. I've tested some Android stuff but that's as far as it's gone.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 14:06:22 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:33 PM, Sam wrote: It's been the last week of my first year at uni

Nice, 2 weeks and this design class is over, which might as well be the end of my semester.

For me, since it's almost done is my motivation. But before it was like 75% done, I was just interested in seeing how I could add a new feature or what it would look like.

I usually coded in frustration after a few games of dota with bad teammates
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 14:32:31 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:05 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 3/19/13 01:45 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
So where are you guys staying and do you have all access passes or what?

We're staying at Renoir Hotel and we have expo passes, and the "Staff Pass" which comes with the GDC Play booth..not exactly sure what type of pass that counts as.

i'm staying at the indie hostel (hostel international), its close to the convention and super cheap and all the indie game devs stay there, it's not really a fancy or comfortable place, and I could have afforded better this year, but I know a lot of people staying there so it makes it worth it.

I have the indie gaming summit pass, (gets you into IGS talks and the expo floor), I can usually sneak my way into the main conference sessions worth going to.

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 17:11:35 Reply

At 3/21/13 03:49 AM, PSvils wrote:

I haven't even tried yet...well, me and a friend are programming it together. We officially started sometime in December, and only about 4 or 5 weeks ago started really working on it again. But just every day seems a bit zoned out...working on the game seems like the natural thing to do.

Maybe another helpful thing is is that we're programming it in C++, and is our first real project/game using C++, so it's going a lot slower than usual. This gives us time to mull over and rethink a few things while they're being implemented, and so there are always new ideas popping up, more stuff to do, and in general it's pretty interesting. Implementing a really small feature feels rewarding.

(I really have it at the back of my head most of the time, which makes me want to always keep writing and implementing that one thing I'm thinking about, and seeing what it's like)...though the prototype isn't even playable yet, should be in the next 2 days or so :D

I really enjoy writing in Haxe/NME, but nothing has really come of it. I've tested some Android stuff but that's as far as it's gone.

Myeeaah...if I had to make an app again, I'd probably use Phone Gap next time, simply because NME still has it's quirks here and there. Overall it's nice, and I'm used to it, it gets the job done if you just need basic functions though.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 22:15:58 Reply

So I went to general forum for the first time...what the fuck is wrong with people?