Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 1,699,688 Views
  • 63,661 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-07 16:53:08 Reply

Do you guys share the position that the gender/race of the main character in a game makes no difference to you?
I hear about the whole connecting to demographics thing but it sounds silly to me. I feel like as long as it isn't forced, stupid and jam-packed with stereotypes it shouldn't matter right? It's not like I'm saying "Down with the white male protagonists!" but I'm just saying, it seems like a bit of a cop out.

Been bumping a lot of civil rights beat poetry recently

nobody

TheEnkian
TheEnkian
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-07 17:41:23 Reply

At 7/7/13 04:53 PM, Innermike wrote: Do you guys share the position that the gender/race of the main character in a game makes no difference to you?
I hear about the whole connecting to demographics thing but it sounds silly to me. I feel like as long as it isn't forced, stupid and jam-packed with stereotypes it shouldn't matter right? It's not like I'm saying "Down with the white male protagonists!" but I'm just saying, it seems like a bit of a cop out.

Been bumping a lot of civil rights beat poetry recently

I care a lot more about whether it's a good character or not, not what race or gender they are. I'd rather play as a well written lesbian black woman than a poorly written straight white man.


Game developer currently working on Enki Adventures, an action-adventure roguelite!
TheEnkian Twitter

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-07 20:53:58 Reply

http://prntscr.com/1e4znw
oh, for fuck's sake, Microsoft.

full article


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-07 21:37:40 Reply

Well if someone wants to use IE then they deserve to view broken web pages that don't function correctly. Using IE is like driving a car with square wheels; sure it "works" but why not just use normal wheels?
Though that really sucks for people whom are working for businesses and are being forced to support IE. Fortunately I don't need to support it for anything I work on so I can just continue to not care about IE users. :)

FlyingColours
FlyingColours
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-07 23:47:05 Reply

At 7/7/13 08:53 PM, egg82 wrote: full article

Wow, sounds like this.


Tiandiren RPG: The Quest for Xirang is now finished (but unpublished)! Post comments, suggestions and bug reports here.

Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 00:01:08 Reply

At 7/7/13 08:53 PM, egg82 wrote: http://prntscr.com/1e4znw
oh, for fuck's sake, Microsoft.

full article

I don't see the problem.


nobody

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 00:22:58 Reply

At 7/8/13 12:01 AM, Innermike wrote: I don't see the problem.

The problem is Microsoft's hiding their browser from anyone trying to code for it. Currently, you're able to say "if IE then do this, else do this" because IE follows its own rules instead of the standards every other browser uses.
With IE 11, they're now hiding their browser so you can no longer say "if IE do this" because apparently they're so confident in their browser that they're going "you don't need to know which browser the client is using" - which is really, really bad for developers.

Look, no browser's perfect. Each one has their own things you may need to deal with (most of which are minor and are hardly ever used, thankfully) - hiding your platform from people trying to work with your platform isn't good. At all.

Say, for example, that something goes wrong and it turns out IE doesn't follow some standard you need it to? Well, you're screwed, because now you can't check and accommodate.
Every other browser has information regarding which browser it is. In case, you know, god forbid something happens and you need to accommodate.
Now let's pretend we're data mining and are trying to see how many people are using the new browser- oh, wait, we can't.

Basically, they're pretending their next browser's perfect in every way and screwing developers over just to try to prove a point. Which they statistically will almost assuredly fail at.


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 01:13:40 Reply

At 7/8/13 12:22 AM, egg82 wrote: Say, for example, that something goes wrong and it turns out IE doesn't follow some standard you need it to? Well, you're screwed

No you're not. IE11 still has a user agent; it's just not a comparable one used by all previous versions. It just means that legacy code won't be able to detect IE11. You will still be able to write new code to do it: instead of searching for MSIE in the user agent you will now need to search for the existence of Trident, or rv 11.0, or both. It's incredibly stupid on Microsoft's part (they've been doing a lot of stupid things lately) but it's not impossible to detect IE11.

FlyingColours
FlyingColours
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 06:56:10 Reply

At 7/8/13 12:22 AM, egg82 wrote: The problem is Microsoft's hiding their browser from anyone trying to code for it. Currently, you're able to say "if IE then do this, else do this" because IE follows its own rules instead of the standards every other browser uses.
With IE 11, they're now hiding their browser so you can no longer say "if IE do this" because apparently they're so confident in their browser that they're going "you don't need to know which browser the client is using" - which is really, really bad for developers.

Actually, it's better to detect if a feature is available than to detect if the browser is IE. After all, there are browsers other than IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari that people do use, and they may also lack features that IE lacks.

Nevertheless, I believe Microsoft's move is not aimed at reducing this practice...


Tiandiren RPG: The Quest for Xirang is now finished (but unpublished)! Post comments, suggestions and bug reports here.

Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 09:52:01 Reply

I didn't pay much attention to this facebook graph search, and frankly it doesn't seem like it's all that useful in its current stage. I just realised, though, how much of a threat it poses to google and all other general search engines.

Google is amazing in its sheer breadth and size. It mines data from billions upon billions of sources. And yet, to what extent do people really use the power of google? I'd bet that a large portion of google searches are just simple practical every-day life related searches, like looking up restaurants/stores in a certain area, finding doctors, researching information for travel plans. Probably another big portion is to look up answer for common questions like household problems, health issues, etc. Of these two areas, I predict that facebook will completely take over the first one. Google has an immense breadth of sources, but facebook has what really matters: social information about you, and the ability to provide you with search results by using your and your friends' social information. Reliability by using the people you know and trust.

Right now, for example, I am making plans for a holiday in the philippines. As an avid user of google, I am very happy to go look through 20 links, and read up on reviews and articles pertaining to the security ratings and general ratings of every filippino airline. It's not too time consuming for me, but it may be for people who are not as agile with the internet. Now think about facebook graph and what you'll be able to do with it as they keep developing. I am concerned with the security of philippine based airlines. One way is, as I mentioned, to do an exhaustive internet search and read writings of people I don't know (but can trust to varying degrees based on their writing, and on the website in question). Another option is to do a facebook graph search for friends who have flown in the philippines. Which airlines did they choose? Maybe I want to narrow down the search a little bit. Look up only friends whose judgement I trust. Maybe I can, as part of the search options, limit my search to people from a certain group in my university, to a branch at my workplace, to my family, etc.

I think that as the facebook-using world keeps going, facebook is going to own more and more information of better and better quality. In my fantasies, this will fuse with nano computers and a proof that P=NP, to create a climax of the age of information. A race of virtually-omniscient men. (virtually, here, works in both senses of the word ;)). Although -- at that point, the information technology wouldn't really have anything to do with facebook graph search anymore, lol.


BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 10:59:16 Reply

At 7/8/13 09:52 AM, Toast wrote: Faicbuk

Great points.

Funnily enough, I stopped using Facebook well over a year ago and virtually all my friends have dropped it now in favor of a twitter/instagram combo. The way Facebook pushes friendship always felt really gross and artificial to me, whereas I find twitter much more natural. But that's just me, and facebook is a force of nature these days.


nobody

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 11:25:01 Reply

At 7/8/13 01:13 AM, Diki wrote: No you're not. IE11 still has a user agent; it's just not a comparable one used by all previous versions. It just means that legacy code won't be able to detect IE11. You will still be able to write new code to do it: instead of searching for MSIE in the user agent you will now need to search for the existence of Trident, or rv 11.0, or both. It's incredibly stupid on Microsoft's part (they've been doing a lot of stupid things lately) but it's not impossible to detect IE11.

I swear I read that they removed "Trident" from the user-agent. Guess not.
They've added "like Gecko" to the end of it, so if you search for "Gecko" first IE'll look like Firefox (or was Firefox GreaseMonkey or something like that?)
Simple solution is to check for Trident first, I suppose.

Also, it looks like searching for features won't work with IE. They've renamed or removed most of their functions that were strange...
Maybe search for DirectX compatibility if you're not into user-agent strings or are working client-side?


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 15:04:18 Reply

At 7/8/13 10:59 AM, Innermike wrote: Funnily enough, I stopped using Facebook well over a year ago and virtually all my friends have dropped it now in favor of a twitter/instagram combo. The way Facebook pushes friendship always felt really gross and artificial to me, whereas I find twitter much more natural. But that's just me, and facebook is a force of nature these days.

I'll quit facebook when @MSGhero gets removed for inactivity. Not sure what their policy is about that, and it's not like I have a trademark on the name.

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 21:20:44 Reply

So I bought a hex-core 3.6 GHz processor (which can be overclocked to 4.1), a 1TB external SSD, a 360 pad, and a studio microphone.
I might buy a capture card or a render card, but i'll need to test the processor out first.

I'm pretty excited :D


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 21:26:07 Reply

At 7/8/13 09:20 PM, egg82 wrote: So I bought a hex-core 3.6 GHz processor (which can be overclocked to 4.1), a 1TB external SSD, a 360 pad, and a studio microphone.
I might buy a capture card or a render card, but i'll need to test the processor out first.

I'm pretty excited :D

What are you planning on doing with any of that?

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 21:29:57 Reply

At 7/8/13 09:26 PM, MSGhero wrote: What are you planning on doing with any of that?

http://www.youtube.com/theEgg82
http://www.twitch.tv/eggy82
/shamelessplug

in all seriousness, it'll be used for gaming/recording, and developing of course. Those three things take up a LOT of resources.
(Seriously, have you ever tried to record with fraps? Goddamn...)


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 21:36:54 Reply

At 7/8/13 09:29 PM, egg82 wrote: in all seriousness, it'll be used for gaming/recording, and developing of course. Those three things take up a LOT of resources.
(Seriously, have you ever tried to record with fraps? Goddamn...)

Yeah...lots of editing with vdub even with the full version of fraps.

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-08 22:27:57 Reply

At 7/8/13 09:36 PM, MSGhero wrote: Yeah...lots of editing with vdub even with the full version of fraps.

not editing so much as rendering/converting/encoding. Also, I use Audition to edit the vocal track and Premiere to put it together and edit the video.
I also use it to render, but since Premiere just passes it along to Media Encoder, I suppose I use that to render.

I actually noticed fraps slows my system down a significant amount, since it uses most of my HDD's I/O capacity by itself, effectively bottlenecking my entire system. It also dumps firggin' massive files, which I don't entirely have the space for (too many games)
My solution was the external. SSd means faster I/O, and 1TB means it won't be full for a very long time. I might even dump a few games on it, since it's USB3 compatible and I have the ports.

In short, i've been using PlayClaw for things recently. It's not the best software, but it's decent and it uses my processor to compress the frame before it just dumps it on my disk. Even at 100% CPU, everything still runs much faster.
So, i'll need to do some comparisons with each software when I get the new hardware in, since i'm effectively "upgrading" both of them. Yayy, more work.


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 01:06:07 Reply

At 7/8/13 11:25 AM, egg82 wrote: They've added "like Gecko" to the end of it, so if you search for "Gecko" first IE'll look like Firefox (or was Firefox GreaseMonkey or something like that?)

To be fair anyone who sniffs user agents to perform browser detection is doing it wrong anyway.

And it's Firefox that has "Gecko" in its user agent because Gecko is Firefox's rendering engine. Greasemonkey is just an add-on for Firefox to let users install scripts on-the-fly.

At 7/8/13 11:25 AM, egg82 wrote: Also, it looks like searching for features won't work with IE. They've renamed or removed most of their functions that were strange...
Maybe search for DirectX compatibility if you're not into user-agent strings or are working client-side?

The correct way to do it is by using Modernizr. It should eliminate any need for you to write code specific to any one modern browser.

And if you're not writing code for client side then the JavaScript won't be executed in a browser or use the DOM so it won't matter.

This is also incredibly off-topic for the Flash reg lounge. :)

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 01:18:43 Reply

At 7/9/13 01:06 AM, Diki wrote: And it's Firefox that has "Gecko" in its user agent because Gecko is Firefox's rendering engine. Greasemonkey is just an add-on for Firefox to let users install scripts on-the-fly.

Ah, yeah, i'm not as familiar with web browsers as I should be.

The correct way to do it is by using Modernizr. It should eliminate any need for you to write code specific to any one modern browser.

Hopefully it'll work with IE 11 O.o

And if you're not writing code for client side then the JavaScript won't be executed in a browser or use the DOM so it won't matter.

what about HTML5 games? That's my main concern. As much as I really don't give a crap about HTML5, i'm still a tad worried about the devs there.

This is also incredibly off-topic for the Flash reg lounge. :)

mehbeh :3
it'll go back to Flash at some point soon as it always does, it's just kinda dead here and off-topicness seems to work for a small amount of time.


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 06:49:55 Reply

Anybody know what jobs are easy to get with no work experience that are pretty easy to keep? As in like straightforward, low risk stuff, assuming long hours and a fair bit manual labour is not a problem, just looking for a low barrier to entry (minimum customer interaction is a plus of course).

Also, screenshot since I can't stop trying to derail this thread.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge


nobody

Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 12:02:00 Reply

Flash-relatedness

At 7/9/13 06:49 AM, Innermike wrote: Also, screenshot since I can't stop trying to derail this thread.

Excuse me but wtf are you derailing it from? Have you read ANY of the first 2000 pages of this thread? Why are people suddenly behaving like the reg lounge is supposed to be flash related? This is so sudden. I don't recall even one instance of someone making a reference to things having to be flash-related here, or derailing the subject - besides the last 2 pages, where it has been mentioned 3 or 4 times.

This is a flash reg lounge as in a lounge for flash-regs, not a flash-lounge for regs.

I'm a little bummed out with where the reg lounge is atm. The lounge always played a very important part for me in being able to go and start a discussion with a bunch of people about anything that's been on my mind. Lately I can barely incite a short reply or two before whatever subject I bring up is dropped.


BBS Signature
Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 12:18:49 Reply

At 7/9/13 06:49 AM, Innermike wrote: Anybody know what jobs are easy to get with no work experience that are pretty easy to keep? As in like straightforward, low risk stuff, assuming long hours and a fair bit manual labour is not a problem, just looking for a low barrier to entry (minimum customer interaction is a plus of course).

Also, screenshot since I can't stop trying to derail this thread.

Are you a designer? Then I would suggest: junior designer :P
Where are you based?


- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 12:56:05 Reply

At 7/9/13 12:18 PM, Rustygames wrote: Are you a designer? Then I would suggest: junior designer :P
Where are you based?

Know anywhere a programmer can get work?
AS3, Java, OOP PHP with MySQL, JS with JQuery, some C# with XNA, some C++, HTML4 and some 5, CSS3...
And a few others that are so out-of-date they may as well not be mentioned xD


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 14:38:28 Reply

At 7/9/13 12:02 PM, Toast wrote: This is a flash reg lounge as in a lounge for flash-regs, not a flash-lounge for regs.

Mmmm, I can understand that, I guess I just feel like it's become commonplace to be apologistic about it.

I'm a little bummed out with where the reg lounge is atm. The lounge always played a very important part for me in being able to go and start a discussion with a bunch of people about anything that's been on my mind. Lately I can barely incite a short reply or two before whatever subject I bring up is dropped.

You're living the high life bruh. I'm lucky to get a reply most of the time, even when I'm just trying to carry a new topic. WHich is why I keep taking long breaks from here. I don't know what it is, but I'm trying because I think the people here are worth talking to.


nobody

Innermike
Innermike
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 14:46:15 Reply

Shit imagine I didn't double post.

At 7/9/13 12:18 PM, Rustygames wrote: Are you a designer? Then I would suggest: junior designer :P

By way of qualifications/certifiable experience I'm not an anything, and I don't really have a portfolio or anything. Unfortunately I don't think I can go anywhere and say "Uh uhm well I know some computer stuff and like, yeah... :(". I recently got turned down for a job at McDonalds so my self-esteem is at an all time low.

Where are you based?

Anywhere in England, I'll go wherever I need to.


nobody

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 15:48:54 Reply

At 7/9/13 02:46 PM, Innermike wrote: Unfortunately I don't think I can go anywhere and say "Uh uhm well I know some computer stuff and like, yeah... :("

That's the problem, really. You can't just say "I know this and this" because nobody believes you without some kind of cert. Which costs money. Which requires a job. Which requires a cert. Which costs money...
Or you need job experience to get a job. Which requires prior experience. Which requires a job. Which requires prior experience...

I recently got turned down for a job at McDonalds so my self-esteem is at an all time low.

Yeah, I applied at over two thousand places here. Got one interview, and no job. This crap's tough x.x


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 16:12:49 Reply

At 7/9/13 03:48 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 7/9/13 02:46 PM, Innermike wrote: Unfortunately I don't think I can go anywhere and say "Uh uhm well I know some computer stuff and like, yeah... :("
That's the problem, really. You can't just say "I know this and this" because nobody believes you without some kind of cert. Which costs money. Which requires a job. Which requires a cert. Which costs money...
Or you need job experience to get a job. Which requires prior experience. Which requires a job. Which requires prior experience...

I recently got turned down for a job at McDonalds so my self-esteem is at an all time low.
Yeah, I applied at over two thousand places here. Got one interview, and no job. This crap's tough x.x

Maybe you should consider trying something else? Maybe your cover letter is too generic? Maybe you come off really immature? maybe you didnt proofread? maybe you come off lacking confidence? I think one of the best things you can do is have someone (or several people) read through your CV/resume and cover letter. Sometimes its easy to overlook stuff.

My general gut is if you've applied to two thousand places and have gotten little bite, then maybe its worth looking into tweaking your system?

I find that you might be able to get in to places via internship. My first job started as an internship and i ended up staying there for almost 10 years. Its a drag to not be instantly IN as a fulltime employee, but if you have little experience then its not a bad option to look into. The small sacrifice of like giving a couple months of the summer and working in from the bottom could yield a bigger payoff down the line.

I created this thread so im always getting notifications in my feed of new replies, so feel free to discuss whatever you want. This thread is more about the one little private community than it is to discuss flash exclusively. I figure we would have run out of topics by now if thats all we did.


None

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 16:14:19 Reply

At 7/9/13 02:46 PM, Innermike wrote:

Last time I checked you were planning to apply to Imperial college and stuff, did you actually end up applying or are you taking a gap year or have you just decided to forgo college or what?

swishcheese
swishcheese
  • Member since: May. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-09 17:08:20 Reply

If you do not mind a little manual labor try landscaping jobs or groundskeeper job at a golf course. Those jobs do not require any experience, they just require you to be able to do the work and lift stuff. Also, since it is manual labor, there maybe multiple openings because most people hate doing those jobs.


BBS Signature