Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 1,880,086 Views
  • 64,310 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 13:36:12 Reply

At 5/20/13 08:50 AM, Rustygames wrote: Murca is so fucked up with it's batshit laws :P

Drinking age is like 18 for you, right?

My uni has a pretty good study abroad program, but I don't think they offer enough classes for me to actually pay for a semester there. Also, I have no desire to live in France. Two of my friends are going there for fall semester, so maybe they'll convince me otherwise, especially if they allow you to travel on weekends.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 16:17:15 Reply

At 5/20/13 08:50 AM, Rustygames wrote:
At 5/19/13 07:07 PM, MSGhero wrote: If I don't take classes during spring semester or my finals aren't the next week, I'll try to go to the philly meet. Then again, I'll still be under 21.
Murca is so fucked up with it's batshit laws :P

guess who you have to thank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drunk_Driving

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 17:24:03 Reply

At 5/20/13 04:17 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: guess who you have to thank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drunk_Driving

I dunno, I haven't even heard the acronym MADD since '06


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 19:23:31 Reply

At 5/20/13 05:24 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 5/20/13 04:17 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: guess who you have to thank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drunk_Driving
I dunno, I haven't even heard the acronym MADD since '06

right now they're trying to lower the BAC limit to .05

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 19:36:38 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:23 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: right now they're trying to lower the BAC limit to .05

it's generally around .07 right now (I think)
Basically that just means they only want 5% of your blood to be alcohol.
Taking in average weight and height, that's more than a beer or two. You really shouldn't be driving right after you drink, anyway. The last thing I want is some drunk fool speeding past a red light because his reaction time is dramatically decreased and killing me. If i'm dying, I want it to be my own fault >.>


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 19:40:41 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:36 PM, egg82 wrote: If i'm dying, I want it to be my own fault >.>

Rephrase: If i'm dying because of stupidity, it sure as hell better be mine; because if it's not, i'mma be pissed.
:P


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 19:53:45 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:40 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 5/20/13 07:36 PM, egg82 wrote: If i'm dying, I want it to be my own fault >.>
Rephrase: If i'm dying because of stupidity, it sure as hell better be mine; because if it's not, i'mma be pissed.
P

.07 BAC = .07% of your blood. 5% of your blood is like a quarter of a liter, and that's quite a bit.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 20:06:54 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:36 PM, egg82 wrote: Basically that just means they only want 5% of your blood to be alcohol.

.05% not 5%

its 1-3 drinks depending on weight

current limit is .08% which is 2-4 drinks depending on weight

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-20 21:11:34 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:53 PM, MSGhero wrote: .07 BAC = .07% of your blood. 5% of your blood is like a quarter of a liter, and that's quite a bit.

whoops, you're right. Ignore me, i'm tired. lol


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Sandremss128
Sandremss128
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-21 07:13:30 Reply

At 5/20/13 09:11 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 5/20/13 07:53 PM, MSGhero wrote: .07 BAC = .07% of your blood. 5% of your blood is like a quarter of a liter, and that's quite a bit.
whoops, you're right. Ignore me, i'm tired. lol

Would be fun though, legally driving while being in a coma.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-21 12:20:12 Reply

At 5/21/13 07:13 AM, Sandremss128 wrote: Would be fun though, legally driving while being in a coma.

Having 5% BAC would be far more than being in a coma. Your blood would be more alcoholic than some beers.

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-21 12:48:14 Reply

At 5/21/13 12:20 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Having 5% BAC would be far more than being in a coma. Your blood would be more alcoholic than some beers.

Drinks for vampires?


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-23 13:51:17 Reply

At 5/20/13 01:36 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 5/20/13 08:50 AM, Rustygames wrote: Murca is so fucked up with it's batshit laws :P
Drinking age is like 18 for you, right?

My uni has a pretty good study abroad program, but I don't think they offer enough classes for me to actually pay for a semester there. Also, I have no desire to live in France. Two of my friends are going there for fall semester, so maybe they'll convince me otherwise, especially if they allow you to travel on weekends.

In Blighty it's 18 yes. In France (and I think anywhere else in the EU mainland now) you have to carry your own breathalyzer in the car at all times in case you get pulled. If you're caught without one, even if you haven't had anything to drink, you get fined. With that and the fact you have to carry spare bulbs, a warning triangle and a reflective jacket; visiting becomes quite expensive and the boot of your car gets quite full ;)

At 5/20/13 04:17 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 5/20/13 08:50 AM, Rustygames wrote:
At 5/19/13 07:07 PM, MSGhero wrote: If I don't take classes during spring semester or my finals aren't the next week, I'll try to go to the philly meet. Then again, I'll still be under 21.
Murca is so fucked up with it's batshit laws :P
guess who you have to thank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drunk_Driving

It's not just their mental drinking laws. Their driving laws are mad, you can get a massive tank of a car (or compact as they call it) when you're like 12 (okay maybe not that young, but I know some states have very low driving ages).

Don't even get me started on their crazy speed limits and the fact you can't even cross the road freely...

At 5/20/13 09:44 AM, Luis wrote:
At 5/20/13 08:50 AM, Rustygames wrote:
At 5/19/13 07:07 PM, MSGhero wrote: If I don't take classes during spring semester or my finals aren't the next week, I'll try to go to the philly meet. Then again, I'll still be under 21.
Murca is so fucked up with it's batshit laws :P
why do you think i always travel internationally <3

You're one of the enlightened few that realizes there is a whole world outside of the USA ;)

By the way don't get me wrong, I don't hate yanks on the whole, I just think the country has made some wrong turns with how they treat their population which I don't agree with. It's quite an oppressive country in terms of law.


- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-23 13:57:36 Reply

At 5/23/13 01:51 PM, Rustygames wrote: By the way don't get me wrong, I don't hate yanks on the whole, I just think the country has made some wrong turns with how they treat their population which I don't agree with. It's quite an oppressive country in terms of law.

#Rusty4president

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-23 16:16:13 Reply

Google Play Services
yahoo grabbing Player IO
OYUA

I smell an onslaught of advertising/sponsorship services for all platforms coming soon. My prediction

2014: The year of indie gaming

Maybe I'm optimistic and I want to think I picked the right time to quit my job and recklessly swan dive into the world of indie gaming.

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 00:19:21 Reply

decided to teach my 12-year-old step-brother how to code.
I taught him some of variables, classes, and functions today and a whole lot about if statements. He took off with all of that and now he's making circles move around the screen in different ways, stopping and starting at different locations. Honestly, i'm impressed.


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 00:22:41 Reply

When I was 12 I made a Final Fantasy VII fan site with flame text that was hosted on Geocities. I had never even played FFVII at the time.
He's got me beat.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 00:39:16 Reply

At 5/24/13 12:22 AM, Diki wrote: When I was 12 I made a Final Fantasy VII fan site with flame text that was hosted on Geocities. I had never even played FFVII at the time.
He's got me beat.

I'll say i was 13 or 14 when I got RPG maker. so he beat me too

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 00:58:49 Reply

I was making a website too, with absolutely no theme. I went to some website that had Javascripts and DHTML or something, and I would just copy and paste the code into my site to make it look nicer.

I went to a summer camp or something beforehand where they showed us the basics, and I chose #00ff00 as the background color since I wanted the f's to be in the middle. And now I use that color for the hero in all my programmer art.

egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 01:09:14 Reply

At 5/24/13 12:58 AM, MSGhero wrote: I was making a website too, with absolutely no theme. I went to some website that had Javascripts and DHTML or something, and I would just copy and paste the code into my site to make it look nicer.

Exactly the same here, though I took the copy/paste to a higher level, to a point at which Google actually took notice.

I went to a summer camp or something beforehand where they showed us the basics, and I chose #00ff00 as the background color since I wanted the f's to be in the middle. And now I use that color for the hero in all my programmer art.

I use circles and 000000 because those are the easiest. I do what's easy when it comes to things that don't actually matter. I'm a lazy bastard :P


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 01:17:02 Reply

At 5/24/13 12:58 AM, MSGhero wrote: I was making a website too, with absolutely no theme. I went to some website that had Javascripts and DHTML or something, and I would just copy and paste the code into my site to make it look nicer.

When I got to be around 14, and a little better at making websites, I started stealing wallpapers, slapping on shitty text with too much bevel, and then pretending I made them. The things we do when we're young. :)

swishcheese
swishcheese
  • Member since: May. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 03:19:18 Reply

When i was 13/14 ish I made a Javascript/html car game where you hovered over mouse buttons to change lanes and avoided incoming cars. Ahhh, the good old days. Then I realized all the free online games id play at school and at home where made in flash. That is when I made the switch to javascript to as3.... well as2 at the time.


BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 04:02:21 Reply

When I was 11 I made my first flash game, ingeniously entitled "Mr. Shoot". Tracing was all the rage back then for people who couldn't draw. I traced a guy with a gun from behind, and there were targets you had to shoot with a mouse click. I was so excited that it made it into the portal. At 12 I spent most of the year polluting the flash forum with around 6000 posts of crap and faggotry, and then at 13 I made two games which are still up on my profile. Then puberty hit in, and I haven't created anything since !


BBS Signature
GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 04:31:14 Reply

At 5/24/13 04:02 AM, Toast wrote: At 12 I spent most of the year polluting the flash forum with around 6000 posts of crap and faggotry

Oh man, I remember being a snot-nosed brat when first learned about online forums. A couple years ago I went looking through my first posts... that was depressing.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 05:43:55 Reply

When I was 10 I used to fuck around in AS2 after my brother introduced me to newgrounds. I also pretended that whatever I made was good and was quite a prick about it. Ah the things that I did..

At 5/24/13 04:31 AM, GeoKureli wrote:
At 5/24/13 04:02 AM, Toast wrote: At 12 I spent most of the year polluting the flash forum with around 6000 posts of crap and faggotry
Oh man, I remember being a snot-nosed brat when first learned about online forums. A couple years ago I went looking through my first posts... that was depressing.

Same here.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 06:50:20 Reply

At 5/24/13 12:58 AM, MSGhero wrote: I was making a website too, with absolutely no theme. I went to some website that had Javascripts and DHTML or something, and I would just copy and paste the code into my site to make it look nicer.

Pretty much me. I used to make websites about Diablo 2 when I was 11/12 on "ExPage", and would copy code from DynamicDrive for crazy effects.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 21:24:02 Reply

At 5/24/13 04:31 AM, GeoKureli wrote: Oh man, I remember being a snot-nosed brat when first learned about online forums. A couple years ago I went looking through my first posts... that was depressing.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 22:47:21 Reply

I find it mildly interesting that pretty much everyone goes through a phase of intentionally speaking like an idiot somewhere around early puberty, and then we all eventually converge towards writing in normal language like normal people (albeit some later than others). Geokureli I love how you spelled who as "hu", I've never seen that before. It's quite entertaining looking through your posts.

I have to say, there is a huge difference between how much I wasted the time of adults on the internet with my kiddy shenanigans, and how little my time is wasted nowadays as an adult by kiddies on the internet. I'm not sure if it's because not as many kids come to the flash forum nowadays, or if it's because I just never click threads with stupid titles, or visit any parts of the internet that are heavily populated by kids altogether. Both of them, I guess.


BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 22:58:29 Reply

Shameless self-promotion with shite AS2 questions

What's weird is most of my old, completely crap posts have been removed. Not complaining or anything, but yeah...
Anyway, I was an absolute prick when it came to people judging my content.
If I could go back in time and catch myself writing one of my old comments or posts, I would probably punch myself in the face.


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-05-24 23:05:00 Reply

also, I just saw this, which I completely forgot existed.
Well... Uh... Hello from the future? xD


Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature