Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 2,065,427 Views
  • 64,719 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rudy
Rudy
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-09 19:14:50 Reply

At 7 hours ago, Blaze wrote:
At 6 hours ago, Josh-B wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Rudy wrote: 2005 reg here.... Hai again. I always pop up and disappear... Maybe I should stick around? I want to do a collab. Who wants in? :)
Collabs are soooo 2006. Also, hi.
Can 2012 be the next 2006? Collabs were fun.

I say we do it. Let's bring collabs back! I wanted to do a time trial to get back into the groove of things. I haven't done a collab in ages!


BBS Signature
Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-09 20:29:34 Reply

At 9 hours ago, Xeptic wrote: Being able to turn the background art off is pretty high on my list of redesign things that could be tweaked.

Or at least randomize the artwork or something. I was already sick before of Egoraptor's pseudo-anime chick-oriented artwork.

Although I like how it works with the overall color scheme of each of the areas of the site. Maybe hold a contest for people to make monochromatic art for each of the backgrounds? Then it would rotate through the options and when they get sick of it, hold a new contest.


:U

OmarShehata
OmarShehata
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 04:54:06 Reply

At 8 hours ago, Josh-B wrote: Or at least randomize the artwork or something. I was already sick before of Egoraptor's pseudo-anime chick-oriented artwork.

Although I like how it works with the overall color scheme of each of the areas of the site. Maybe hold a contest for people to make monochromatic art for each of the backgrounds? Then it would rotate through the options and when they get sick of it, hold a new contest.

I think it'd be better if the staff just changed the background art maybe once or twice a week, to feature other artists' work. So that, just like how your art may get frontpaged, it may also get "backgrounded", acting as another venue to feature talented peoples' work, and another reason to show off the slogan "Everything by Everyone".

RyanPridgeon
RyanPridgeon
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 09:13:37 Reply

Large up the '07 crew.

Everything's all shiny, I want to lick it.


I make flashes because I can.
PM me for anything flash or web related or visit my blog!!

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 15:02:08 Reply

At 5 hours ago, RyanPridgeon wrote: Large up the '07 crew.

Everything's all shiny, I want to lick it.

Something I was thinking on my way back to philadelphia was to try out ideas i've always had for animation collabs but instead use em in a game context. Like one idea of a pass-my-flash i want/wanted to do is make a cartoon using unusual audio genres in the audio portal. So like in a game environment what might be cool is to randomly be assigned something from the other genre (itd have to be an actual song of course, not like a 3 second loop or something) and like youd have to use that song to inspire a 3/4 day game. So like youre working backwards in essence. Usually the music is the very last step in making a game, but in this case itd be the driving force. Like some of the genres in the Other category, are Funk / Goth / Latin / Ska

I dunno it might be a stupid idea but it might also be kind of cool to be thrown a curveball atleast in having to use a music genre thats possibly pretty foreign to you.

Thoughts?


None

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 15:21:22 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, Luis wrote: So like youre working backwards in essence.

This is pretty forwards for me :)

Thoughts?

I am down. Making a game in a day is a good time frame. Would we pair artists and programmers ? Would they get to choose their own song? So that song inspires both the game and the artwork? I would like to hear what other devs think about this idea.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 15:30:15 Reply

At 17 minutes ago, Luis wrote: stuff that sounds cool

That's a pretty cool idea. Only thing is that certain genres of music make my ears bleed, and very few people like loud-ass heavy metal while they're playing a game. Could work in theory; the results would be pretty neat to play, I'd bet.

We finally got to conditionals and iteration in MATLAB class. Free at last to do as I please :)
I also learned that we have game design, AI, etc classes in the later years, so I might take Java next semester to start heading towards those while also picking up a minor in CS.

NeNe
NeNe
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 16:34:24 Reply

At 55 minutes ago, MSGhero wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, Luis wrote: stuff that sounds cool
That's a pretty cool idea. Only thing is that certain genres of music make my ears bleed, and very few people like loud-ass heavy metal while they're playing a game. Could work in theory; the results would be pretty neat to play, I'd bet.

True. Maybe we could first find a 'pool' of songs and then just randomize the team to a song based on the pool. As for the actual teams, i dunno. I guess it depends on who all is interested. In a perfect world everyone would magically have a team come together.

Something else on my mind was, what if... we collated the jams. I guess it depends on how many possible teams there actually are, but i never liked the idea of everyone bumping heads in the portal, so i was thinking about the idea of like ok my team does the challenge from Feb x-x, and then team 2 is x-x and team 3 x-x... the idea being that we are able to release shit on different days and you can have the focus of the whole lounge in giving you feedback and support?

I'm thinking out loud here so feel free to shoot me down.

NeNe
NeNe
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 16:35:59 Reply

At 17 minutes ago, Luis wrote: stuff that sounds cool

forgot to logout of my alt...

DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 18:45:53 Reply

At 2 days ago, Blaze wrote:
At 13 minutes ago, Kool-Aid wrote: I remember you, DarkFireBlaze...

My old name was Blackfang
Oh snap, I remember you too. How sweet, you even remember my old username.

How times change, eh?

Wait... we can change our usernames??


Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 19:10:13 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, DannyDaNinja wrote:
At 2 days ago, Blaze wrote:
At 13 minutes ago, Kool-Aid wrote: I remember you, DarkFireBlaze...

My old name was Blackfang
Oh snap, I remember you too. How sweet, you even remember my old username.

How times change, eh?
Wait... we can change our usernames??

Sorta, some of the admins can do it. Its unfortunate when people rename themselves into popular powdered sugar drinks tho.


None

adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 19:17:42 Reply

Wow, haven't been here for a while, recognise some names still, though i wasn't that much of a regular.

Luis' idea sounds good, I would happily join up.

On a semi related note, whens the next game jam? I tried to look it up on the calendar but couldn't find one in the next two months, I thought they were meant to be happening every month or something?

Also I need a coder? :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1293109


.

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-10 20:53:11 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Luis wrote:
Wait... we can change our usernames??
Sorta, some of the admins can do it. Its unfortunate when people rename themselves into popular powdered sugar drinks tho.

Lol low blow Luis, low blow.

crushy
crushy
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-11 11:09:39 Reply

In my mind newgrounds only just got the last redesign! Looks so different now.

Anyway, came here because I recognised glaiel from a reddit post. I was like hey... he's on newgrounds! And now I'm here and it's all weird now.


BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Member since: May. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-14 00:21:11 Reply

At 2 days ago, crushy wrote: In my mind newgrounds only just got the last redesign! Looks so different now.

Anyway, came here because I recognised glaiel from a reddit post. I was like hey... he's on newgrounds! And now I'm here and it's all weird now.

That reddit post creeps me out. I've had 400,000 views on a flash submission... but not on a photograph of me

the new emotes are kool (aid) too


the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
OmarShehata
OmarShehata
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-14 00:29:56 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Starogre wrote: That reddit post creeps me out. I've had 400,000 views on a flash submission... but not on a photograph of me

the new emotes are kool (aid) too

That single 960x450 image contains one hundred..thousand dollars.

Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-14 00:30:07 Reply

Someone needs to create a song where the lyrics are maybe one or two pages of the reg lounge talks, and then the animators among us can animate stuff to it.

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-15 06:51:11 Reply

Holy crap its been forever.

Anyone remember this?

"Duder with his mullet
Without he looks like Rick Astley"

I haven't a clue why - it's especially odd as I'm sober too, so being high is no excuse but, I was listening to old favs from the audio portal and when I heard the Rick Astley line I looked at my current facebook pics and that of Astley to much shock.

And I miss this place. I plan to try to pop by every now and then.


www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
Zyphes
Zyphes
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-15 17:06:43 Reply

At 9 hours ago, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Holy crap its been forever.

Anyone remember this?

"Duder with his mullet
Without he looks like Rick Astley"

I haven't a clue why - it's especially odd as I'm sober too, so being high is no excuse but, I was listening to old favs from the audio portal and when I heard the Rick Astley line I looked at my current facebook pics and that of Astley to much shock.

And I miss this place. I plan to try to pop by every now and then.

Fuck man, it's been a long time. I used to come here all the time before the forums were broken down with the inclusion of the Animation board. Eventually I migrated to Animation and then just generally left the site as a whole. That was in my old account. I don't know why I decided to come here again today, but I can still recognize a lot of signatures and usernames. This is actually my first time posting in the Forums in forever. Wow, there are a lot of new Response Moods.


BBS Signature
hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-15 19:59:21 Reply

At 13 hours ago, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Holy crap its been forever.

And I miss this place. I plan to try to pop by every now and then.

I still remember you dont worry


BBS Signature
RubberSocks
RubberSocks
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-15 22:02:34 Reply

TO ALL FLASH ANIMATORS:

-My freind and I have made an animating website where you can upload and comment animations. Please join.

http://newshapeshifter.webs.com/


BBS Signature
Doomsday-One
Doomsday-One
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-16 09:50:08 Reply

At 13 hours ago, hashbrown wrote: I still remember you dont worry

Oh man Hash, it's been a while.
I remember when we were drawing pictures of regs and I drew you as a brown hash symbol. Good times, good times.

I ended up spending about half of the time posting this message on choosing a response mood, yet I still go for an old one

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-16 17:38:04 Reply

Hmmm, Newgrounds looks different to how I remember

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-16 21:05:58 Reply

At 3 hours ago, UnknownFury wrote: Hmmm, Newgrounds looks different to how I remember

Must be something wrong with your monitor.


:U

Starogre
Starogre
  • Member since: May. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-17 21:00:42 Reply

At 2 days ago, hashbrown wrote:
At 13 hours ago, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Holy crap its been forever.

And I miss this place. I plan to try to pop by every now and then.
I still remember you dont worry

this thread is basically old members coming in and saying 'hey i know you' then leaving again


the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-17 23:51:50 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Starogre wrote:
At 2 days ago, hashbrown wrote:
At 13 hours ago, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Holy crap its been forever.

And I miss this place. I plan to try to pop by every now and then.
I still remember you dont worry
this thread is basically old members coming in and saying 'hey i know you' then leaving again

Haha yeah sadly that's probably what ill do. I miss this place like fuck though. I honestly believe from '04-'07 when I spent every waking moment on newground's was the happiest time of my life. Waking up super excited to see what was new online. I'm too much a critical asshole to enjoy anything now though. Growing up sucks


BBS Signature
alwayssim
alwayssim
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-18 06:30:09 Reply

It's like a reunion here! (I am Cybex by the way, I never got my account (or Alt account) back from when the star syndicate stole it).

I miss this place too! Who remembers the 2007 AS wars? (You will not believe how long I spent searching for that link!). I think the AS wars has to be my favorite ever newgrounds memory!

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-18 20:42:59 Reply

At 20 hours ago, hashbrown wrote: Haha yeah sadly that's probably what ill do. I miss this place like fuck though. I honestly believe from '04-'07 when I spent every waking moment on newground's was the happiest time of my life. Waking up super excited to see what was new online. I'm too much a critical asshole to enjoy anything now though. Growing up sucks

Yeah. I look back at my profile and I have no fucking idea how I made so much junk in 2005/2006. A weekend used to be a "short project" for me back then, and a month long project was a long project. Now a month project is like the shortest I can do anymore, and a long project is 3 years of full time on the same god damn thing, while also canceling every single side project I've tried to do while working on it.

Looking forward to being done with it so I can try to get back into the groove of doing a bunch of short projects again.

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-18 22:32:52 Reply

Is anyone going to Flash Gaming summit in a couple weeks?

Jimp
Jimp
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2012-02-19 06:44:19 Reply

At 5 days ago, Starogre wrote: That reddit post creeps me out. I've had 400,000 views on a flash submission... but not on a photograph of me

the new emotes are kool (aid) too

Oh you guys won that?! Great job, well deserved! Looking forward to playing the game!


BBS Signature