New Topic Respond to this Topic
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 10:16 PM Reply

wait you already bought it? are you kidding me? If you asked me what the worst company is in notebooks, aside from apple the first thing that would come to mind would probably be Toshiba or packard bell. I hope you didn't order yet because you probably chose a piece of shit laptop. Definitely go for asus or acer, but definitely don't go over 800 bucks if you dont even play video games.

it took me almost 2 years of wanting to buy a laptop followed by 5 months of researching laptops and hardware to finally buy one. it's so annoying when people just cluelessly walk into a store and tell the store guy they need a laptop for writing emails and visiting faecbook and after 2 minutes of discussion with the store guy decide to go with some random shitty packard bell piece of crap that has every single design flaw you could possibly imagine, just like that blowing 900 euros in 5 minutes just because they want a laptop. fucking hippies. they should all burn

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 10:16 PM, Toast wrote: wait you already bought it? are you kidding me? If you asked me what the worst company is in notebooks, aside from apple the first thing that would come to mind would probably be Toshiba or packard bell.

Too late, I've had it for a while now.
A few people I know had one for a few years and they haven't had problems, and the (minimal) research I did didn't show anything bad about them.

I probably should have asked here first.
I didn't just go into the store and ask a guy for a laptop though.

Thisis the one I got, not at that price.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 09:48 PM, Toast wrote: oh sorry i thought it was hdxmike

Yeah, thanks, easy mistake to make.

innermike // dreamlikepixels // twitter // Concerned Joe (not mine but still cool)

BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 01:00 AM Reply

i had a 1500 dollar asus before my macbook pro (which is even more). it was good during college because i had all my games and 3d / adobe software on it. a lot of computers at school were hard to reserve and stuff and i could take my laptop (even though it was big) to any room to work. it was pretty convenient.

maaan i haven't had a desktop in so long

also toast buy a copy of sc2 for NA region so we can play kthx :D

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 05:11 AM Reply

3D in Flash? Kinda looks too good to be true! I guess I need to learn some 3D modeling... http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flash /molehill/

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 10/26/10 05:11 AM, Jimp wrote: 3D in Flash? Kinda looks too good to be true! I guess I need to learn some 3D modeling... http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flash /molehill/

yeh, i really need to make a 3d version of nape now :P

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 10/26/10 05:11 AM, Jimp wrote: 3D in Flash? Kinda looks too good to be true! I guess I need to learn some 3D modeling... http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flash /molehill/

Yeah the max livestream yesterday was getting a little boring till they pulled that out, lol @ epix content loading error.

I wonder if adobe are going to allow other 3D filetypes or if they're going to have their own fl3d filetype or something, but then how would we create them ? new software or completely code it with some kind of new new 3D drawing API ? :P

One things for sure, until they make flash much more stable and fast (and 64 bit hopefully) It would be silly to put the 3D modelling functionality in the IDE itself.

innermike // dreamlikepixels // twitter // Concerned Joe (not mine but still cool)

BBS Signature
Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 11:41 AM Reply

That is absolutely crazy great news! Enabling usage of GPU in the Flash Player... *Drools* - Flash is really becoming a specialized skill in terms of programming nowadays and I'm excited to see the stuff people make with the new APIs. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight :P

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 11:47 AM Reply

I started fooling around with 3d modeling in blender...it is a pretty steep learning curve...but I do want to try out some 3D flash stuff. Here's something I modeled:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Montycarlo
Montycarlo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:02 PM Reply

I've had an Asus laptop for just over a year now. I've never had any hardware problems with it. True, it's a bit on the larger side at 17" but it breaks even in specs. Asus are one of the best names out there that I know of in Australia.

STARCRAFT II PLAYERS
Any here?

You'll probably trump me, I'm only in silver 2 :|

Although practicality beats purity.
Errors should never pass silently.
In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 11:47 AM, BoMToons wrote: I started fooling around with 3d modeling in blender...it is a pretty steep learning curve...

Blender is full of buttons and confusing at first, but once you get used to it, it will feel pretty natural to do stuff in it.

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 12:02 PM, Montycarlo wrote: STARCRAFT II PLAYERS
Any here?

I do, although barely anything the last couple of weeks. Considering how much I played the two months after I got it it's a bit of a relief actually since I can finally get IRL stuff done again xP

I'm just in silver as well (I was a complete RTS noob before getting SC2), however I was top 3 in my division and matched against gold players every now and then before I basically stopped playing completely :P

fwe
fwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 08:48 PM, zrb wrote: Asus laptops

Has anyone had experience with one ?

I wanted to get the Asus G73 when I was getting my laptop, but one of the reasons I didn't was that, I haven't seen more than like 2 people with an Asus really, so I don't know how good it might be.

But the main reasons I didn't go with it is because it was huge and I don't do PC gaming, it would have been a waste for what I'd use it for.

My brother just bought the newest G73, cost like $1500, but it's fucking amazing. Better than any desktop I've had and it doesn't heat up. It is VERY big and VERY FUCKING UGLY but shit man, i7 8 cores, 8 gig ram GTFO.

wtfbbqhax

fwe
fwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 01:41 PM Reply

Holy shit, when he whipped out the real demo my pants got shat. Giant step for flash, there. Fuck you, HTML5

wtfbbqhax

Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 01:41 PM, fwe wrote: Giant step for flash, there. Fuck you, HTML5

Ha, you can say that again.

Also, google

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 01:34 PM, fwe wrote: VERY FUCKING UGLY

I actually love its design, why do you think its ugly ?

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 12:02 PM, Montycarlo wrote: STARCRAFT II PLAYERS
Any here?

I was put in platinum for about a month. Won like, half my games. But then was put down to gold. Probably where I belong. I watch cast's of games on youtube more than i play though. To stressful to play. : /

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:45 PM Reply

I hate looking for sponsors.

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 02:45 PM, Kool-Aid wrote: I hate looking for sponsors.

Did you put up your game on FGL?
That's usually the easiest way now.

BBS Signature
fwe
fwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 02:12 PM, zrb wrote:
At 10/26/10 01:34 PM, fwe wrote: VERY FUCKING UGLY
I actually love its design, why do you think its ugly ?

Don't fuck, man. This is ugly :)

NBA

Anyone else excited for the NBA season tip-off tonight? Can't wait to see my Heat.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

wtfbbqhax

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 01:34 PM, fwe wrote: i7 8 cores, 8 gig ram GTFO.

Welllllllllll.........

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 08:48 PM, zrb wrote: Asus laptops

Has anyone had experience with one ?

I wanted to get the Asus G73 when I was getting my laptop, but one of the reasons I didn't was that, I haven't seen more than like 2 people with an Asus really, so I don't know how good it might be.

But the main reasons I didn't go with it is because it was huge and I don't do PC gaming, it would have been a waste for what I'd use it for.

I actually can't believe they're naming it a "gaming laptop". If anything it's more of a over-specced piece of shit.

You will never need the "8-cores" the i7 is boasting (when in fact it's not even 8 cores) for gaming, they user one or two cores tops. I did a quick google and a review site was on about having loads of cache, but when someone buys something premade, they expect the CPU and mobo to be up to scratch. It's nice having 8MB L3 cache or whatever it's offering but you shouldn't need it.

Good job you didn't go for it, you could run games just as well on a tri-core. Buy a cheaper laptop and just upgrade the memory if you have too.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 05:19 PM, Sam wrote: Good job you didn't go for it, you could run games just as well on a tri-core. Buy a cheaper laptop and just upgrade the memory if you have too.

More RAM = Happy Sam.

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 05:51 PM, funkycaveman wrote:
At 10/26/10 05:19 PM, Sam wrote: Good job you didn't go for it, you could run games just as well on a tri-core. Buy a cheaper laptop and just upgrade the memory if you have too.
More RAM = Happy Sam.

Rhyming (;

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 06:15 PM Reply

Sorry about double posts everywhere.

Has anyone purchased Super Meat Boy on XBLA yet?

fwe
fwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 05:19 PM, Sam wrote: You will never need the "8-cores" the i7 is boasting (when in fact it's not even 8 cores) for gaming, they user one or two cores tops.

So many things wrong with that, I won't even bother coming up with a refute. I just quoted it to let you know you're wrong and if you don't know why you wouldn't understand the reasoning anyway.

wtfbbqhax

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 06:15 PM, Sam wrote: Sorry about double posts everywhere.

Has anyone purchased Super Meat Boy on XBLA yet?

We have it at the office. Its got some neat level designs. Albeit quite brutal and frusterating.

But its one of those games you'll get enraged with and then lose sleep and wake up determined to beat that stupid fucking level.

Also hi fwe. I havent seen you in a long time

gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 06:53 PM, fwe wrote:
At 10/26/10 05:19 PM, Sam wrote: You will never need the "8-cores" the i7 is boasting (when in fact it's not even 8 cores) for gaming, they user one or two cores tops.
So many things wrong with that, I won't even bother coming up with a refute. I just quoted it to let you know you're wrong and if you don't know why you wouldn't understand the reasoning anyway.

I know for a fact the i7 doesn't have 8 physical cores. It uses hyper threading, which not many games can take advantage of as they have to be able to "see" the virtual cores that hyper threading "creates".

OK, perhaps saying 2 cores tops was a bit low, but even with 2 you can run games at an average to above average rate. All i can do is link to reviews and tests which I don't even know are reliable.

But you don't need 4 cores to play games.

And if your referring to how I tend to word things as being wrong, then that's just silly.
At 10/26/10 07:19 PM, Luis wrote: We have it at the office. Its got some neat level designs. Albeit quite brutal and frusterating.

But its one of those games you'll get enraged with and then lose sleep and wake up determined to beat that stupid fucking level.

I know exactly what you mean. It's starting to piss me off a bit because I feel like I have to beat the whole of one chapter before moving onto the next. Light world, all of the dark world and all the bandages have to be collected. It's frustrating to do but I end up feeling more frustrated knowing that it's not finished.

Only just found out it's being released for Wii-ware, PS3 (i think) and PC. God damn, I'm going to have to get it on PC :(

Chickumbleh
Chickumbleh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 07:59 PM, Sam wrote: Only just found out it's being released for Wii-ware, PS3 (i think) and PC. God damn, I'm going to have to get it on PC :(

SMB? Not ever on PS3, sony disrespected Ed and Tommy, but it will be coming out on mac

eventually.
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 08:30 PM, Chickumbleh wrote:
At 10/26/10 07:59 PM, Sam wrote: Only just found out it's being released for Wii-ware, PS3 (i think) and PC. God damn, I'm going to have to get it on PC :(
SMB? Not ever on PS3, sony disrespected Ed and Tommy, but it will be coming out on mac

eventually.

Wasn't aware. I just briefly skimmed through some articles and reviews.

This will be the 3rd day I've owned it...

<3