00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,182 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-11 00:59:55

At 7/9/13 08:09 PM, Innermike wrote: Feel free to disagree with me though, I'm sure most of you would since you're all super-geniuses who probably manufacture your own parts for your computers. I'm just a guy that knows how to move rectangles around and I'm alright with that.

Nah, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. The only difference is I did apply to a bunch of top schools and got rejected from almost everything. I'm taking a year off to work on and hopefully finish Concerned Joe, and will apply again next year.

The only reason I do still want to go to college is less because of what I expect to learn from classes, and more about what I expect to gain from the whole experience of travelling halfway around the world, living on my own, meeting new, perhaps talented, creative individuals and having new experiences etc..

It's all about SAT scores, apparently.

If anyone's wondering about that post I made on my userpage about being accepted into Rochester, the only reason I did that is pretty much because I had been dreaming for several months of making this heartfelt post after being accepted in some top school, and it seemed like the next best thing. (I'm not going to Rochester due to lack of funding)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-11 02:44:53

At 7/11/13 12:59 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: It's all about SAT scores, apparently.

Thankfully it's also about ACT scores, at least more so in the south. SAT has too many abstract, "what would be a good title for this passage?" questions that only have biased answers. Some places convert ACT scores to SAT and then take the higher score in each section from all the times you've taken either one.

If anyone's wondering about that post I made on my userpage about being accepted into Rochester, the only reason I did that is pretty much because I had been dreaming for several months of making this heartfelt post after being accepted in some top school, and it seemed like the next best thing. (I'm not going to Rochester due to lack of funding)

That's gotta be a bummer :( I'm not sure how scholarships work with international students, but if you have financial need, you have a higher chance of getting some of the good ones that exist (not necessarily associated with a uni). Not being white also helps.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-11 09:47:17

At 7/11/13 02:44 AM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/11/13 12:59 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: It's all about SAT scores, apparently.
Thankfully it's also about ACT scores, at least more so in the south. SAT has too many abstract, "what would be a good title for this passage?" questions that only have biased answers. Some places convert ACT scores to SAT and then take the higher score in each section from all the times you've taken either one.

That's gotta be a bummer :(

Ah yeah that does suck. I can relate, I remember being accepted into the Rhode Island School of Design back when I graduated (strangely, i would have been in the same graduating class as Seth McFarlane if I ended up going), but yeah it was super expensive and I just wasnt able to go.

I ended up going somewhere else, and in hindsight, it was just fine. I think that your post-high school career is what youre willing to make of it. While it is nice to goto the best school, it only gives you as much as youre willing to give it. I'd like to think things panned out anyway. Sometimes i wonder if I even needed to goto college. (I majored in print design, i ended up doing almost pure digital, though i do actually apply alot of traditional print methodologies to my work so it wasnt a TOTAL waste). Anyway keep your head up, after you graduate and have settled in to the professional world, where you went to school is beyond anyones care.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-11 13:48:14

At 7/11/13 12:08 PM, Innermike wrote: Seems like a good enough reason. I would probably never leave my room though.

I used to feel this way (still do sometimes), but sometimes I just hate my room and I go take a long walk. It definitely frees my mind up after a while, and then I'm tired enough that I don't want to leave my room again for a while :)

What's the average age of the active regs here? I feel like the influx of younger peeps isn't lining up with the aging of the older ones.

18-21 with outliers/veterans in the mid-late twenties and then luis I reckon. I think all the younger people are in most of the other threads asking about as2 error #1069 in their first platformers. I feel like there will be more people after summer ends.

Also, was there a flash forum awards last christmas/newyears?

I wasn't invited if there was. I don't remember when I started coming to the reg lounge, but there definitely wasn't one 7 months ago.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-11 22:10:09

Completely off-topic, but how do you guys add quotes in forum replies without having to click "reply"? And yes, I'm serious.. Completely serious.. .__.

Nav.. I'm the Nav!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 00:33:58

At 7/11/13 10:30 PM, Innermike wrote:
At 7/11/13 10:10 PM, TheNavigat wrote: Completely off-topic, but how do you guys add quotes in forum replies without having to click "reply"? And yes, I'm serious.. Completely serious.. .__.
You can't? I just cmd+click reply to the ones I want to quote then copy what I want out of those tabs and close them.

Though if there's some secret method I haven't been aware of for all these years I'll probably have a brain aneurism.

OR if you want your msg to reach someone you can use @ and username. they will get it on their userfeed

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 01:02:13

At 7/12/13 12:33 AM, Luis wrote: OR if you want your msg to reach someone you can use @ and username. they will get it on their userfeed

I want my msg on my food.

And in my name

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 01:49:15

At 7/12/13 12:33 AM, Luis wrote: OR if you want your msg to reach someone you can use @ and username.

Ohai, @Tom

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 03:07:14

@egg82 Can you see this message in your feed, egg? :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 03:45:41

Oh well.. And here are the guys trolling me..

Nav.. I'm the Nav!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 09:02:09

Really? @kkots

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 10:39:02

At 7/11/13 01:48 PM, MSGhero wrote: 18-21 with outliers/veterans in the mid-late twenties and then luis I reckon. I think all the younger people are in most of the other threads asking about as2 error #1069 in their first platformers. I feel like there will be more people after summer ends.

I'm 15.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 11:04:28

@MSGhero THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL OLD. *hobbles back to NG retirement home*

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 16:01:40

I heard hashtags are coming to NG this winter.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-12 17:26:04

At 7/12/13 11:04 AM, Luis wrote: @MSGhero THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL OLD. *hobbles back to NG retirement home*

So what was life like before films had sound? :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 03:38:58

At 7/12/13 05:26 PM, Diki wrote: So what was life like before films had sound? :)

I'm happy to fill the empty mod position left by Diki xD

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 19:58:28

take a listen to this and this and tell me which one is better. I'm just testing out a new mic.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 20:34:31

At 7/13/13 07:58 PM, egg82 wrote: take a listen to this and this and tell me which one is better. I'm just testing out a new mic.

#2 sorta, I can't tell if it's better or you weren't as loud in 1.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 21:25:26

At 7/13/13 07:58 PM, egg82 wrote: take a listen to this and this and tell me which one is better. I'm just testing out a new mic.

Probably number 2, it sounded crisper. Also i didnt know programmers had nice voices.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 21:47:32

At 7/13/13 09:25 PM, Luis wrote: Probably number 2, it sounded crisper.

Thanks, guys. I'll see what else I can do to improve the quality. I might need a boom and a shock mount :/

Also i didnt know programmers had nice voices.

and I still can't translate sheet music into actual notes xD
thanks for the compliment, though. Means all those voice lessons I took as a kid didn't go to waste.

soo.. Uhh... Male vocalist for hire?
... No? Okay. No moneys for me :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 22:34:21

At 7/13/13 09:25 PM, Luis wrote: Probably number 2, it sounded crisper. Also i didnt know programmers had nice voices.

We don't all sound like basement-dwelling mouthbreathers.

I was going to record myself saying that in a stereotypical nerd voice but my mic is such a piece of shit that quality turned out so poor that it wasn't worth it, so let's just pretend that I did. I sure am a funny guy!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-13 23:44:47

At 7/13/13 10:34 PM, Diki wrote: I was going to record myself saying that in a stereotypical nerd voice but my mic is such a piece of shit that quality turned out so poor that it wasn't worth it, so let's just pretend that I did. I sure am a funny guy!

Does this do it for you? :P
Oh, i'm gonna have a lot of fun with soundcloud.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 00:23:42

Oh fine. I'll record with my bad mic and ridiculous background noise.

I did two for the sake of doing two. This one and this one. I'm basically saying the same thing but made the breathing sounds in the second one less "saliva-y".

I also fucked up my first attempt and you can listen to that one too!

Now I await your apology. >:(

And if you're feeling really adventerous you can look at my Soundcloud profile to listen to me reading "Scrotie McBoogerBalls" as Arnnie, John Lennon, and the lead singer from Cannibal Corpse. The CC one was fucking hard and I completely broke my composure because of how ridiculous it was.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 00:54:47

At 7/14/13 12:23 AM, Diki wrote: I did two for the sake of doing two. This one and this one.

Ahh, I was going for the slightly-more-current "I AM THE DUNGEON MASTER!" feel, and you were going for the nostalgic 80's sit-com nerd feel.
I think.

Now I await your apology. >:(

You are the brave and adventurous king of dungeons, sir :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 00:56:29

as a defense, that was my first attempt at it. I wasn't kidding when I said quick :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 01:00:22

I wasn't going for any specific style. That's just the only nerd voice that I've practised. I banged mine out really quickly too. Could have done a better job if I warmed my voice up and did it while standing, but I'm feeling especially lazy from my workout today, so fuck that. :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 01:03:42

At 7/14/13 01:00 AM, Diki wrote: I wasn't going for any specific style. That's just the only nerd voice that I've practised.

I have one voice i'm actually okay at, and that's the whole "In a world..." voice. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE'S good at that one, though xD
I also have a really horrible English accent that I break out every now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 01:21:43

That super baritone movie trailer voice? I can't make my voice sound "heavy" enough to do that justice. I can do really low guttural vocals though (as you can tell from my Cannibal Corpse clip). :)

At 7/14/13 01:03 AM, egg82 wrote: I also have a really horrible English accent that I break out every now and then.

Every time I try an English or Irish accent I just end up doing my Scottish accent. Half of my family was born in Scotland so I find that accent super easy (specifically the accent heard near Glasgow or Greenock), but holy crap English and Irish accents are hard.

And here's Sean Connery telling you to go fuck yourself. Doing Connery's voice is more fun than it should be.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 01:30:37

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-07-14 01:37:26

At 7/14/13 01:30 AM, Diki wrote: Can you tell that I'm really bored right now?

oh my xD

BBS Signature