Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 1,869,255 Views
  • 64,277 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 19:28:41 Reply

ive got an idea for a platformer but not sure if it is a game already, help me out?

it is real basic plat forming, jumping, ducking and avoiding stuff, but then you are able to place a small interactive square on the 200x200 grid that makes up the background by clicking. You then have to use this to complete the rest of the levels, but you have a limit to how many blocks are placed. It puts a twist on the platformer mechanics. So anything like this exist?

Starogre
Starogre
  • Member since: May. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 19:36:42 Reply

At 6/5/10 07:28 PM, funkycaveman wrote: ive got an idea for a platformer but not sure if it is a game already, help me out?
So anything like this exist?

yep sorry, some kid just made it at tig jam winnipeg


the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 20:24:02 Reply

At 6/5/10 07:36 PM, Starogre wrote:
At 6/5/10 07:28 PM, funkycaveman wrote: ive got an idea for a platformer but not sure if it is a game already, help me out?
So anything like this exist?
yep sorry, some kid just made it at tig jam winnipeg

Also, Level Editor.

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 20:39:30 Reply

At 6/5/10 03:41 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 6/5/10 02:57 AM, BoMToons wrote: Finished painting the arcade cabinet tonight. Sent the side panel art to be printed today also. Getting the paint finish smooth and even took some doing, but it's looking really boss now.
I'll post some more pics when I'm not so tired.
Why do you post this stuff in the Flash lounge but not the Art lounge. Your an art mod but I rarely see you in the Art forum :(

Because I know people here and feel comfy sharing things in this lounge...you'll notice most of what we talk about here isn't really flash related.

Also, I front page art all the time thus fulfilling my art mod responsibilities :-P

Also, I like hiding behind alts...and you touch yourself at night
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 21:12:23 Reply

At 6/5/10 03:41 AM, CloudEater wrote: Why do you post this stuff in the Flash lounge but not the Art lounge. Your an art mod but I rarely see you in the Art forum :(

Holy shit, there's an art forum?


BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 21:23:23 Reply

At 6/5/10 03:41 AM, CloudEater wrote:
Why do you post this stuff in the Flash lounge but not the Art lounge. Your an art mod but I rarely see you in the Art forum :(

He's ours, so back off.

doctormario
doctormario
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-05 22:20:01 Reply

At 6/5/10 07:05 PM, adman wrote:
At 6/5/10 01:29 PM, doctormario wrote: Once again, I was the last sucker in the world to hear about the new icon sizes. Just got done resizing icons for me and the studio. I pity people who have over 40 submissions, but I'll bet it looks great when they drop it.
Anyone fancy doing mine.. tbh I dont think its worth it for most of them :P

I'm down to help, so long as your new icons can be fashioned out of screencaps of existing work. Anything custom, is all on you.


BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 07:51:46 Reply

At 6/5/10 07:05 PM, adman wrote: Anyone fancy doing mine.. tbh I dont think its worth it for most of them :P

Done and done. ;)

adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 08:24:18 Reply

At 6/6/10 07:51 AM, Archon68 wrote:
At 6/5/10 07:05 PM, adman wrote: Anyone fancy doing mine.. tbh I dont think its worth it for most of them :P
Done and done. ;)

Cheers man, you did that pretty fast :P


.

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 09:05:27 Reply

hooray, I'm 16, now I don't have to be associated with the 15 yr olds of this thread, except magical-zorse, he's cool.

anyway, new attempt at one upping everyone made a makeshift light table, and a make shift camera station, 15 fps, 73 or so images, enjoy.


BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 09:47:15 Reply

Wow, Shattered Horizon is actually pretty awesome, I underestimated it on its last free weekend. And now it's only 10 euros with the weekend discount, totally worth buying.

There's not many things in the world that are more awesome than maneuvering yourself with your space jet-pack around moving asteroids to pick the best sniping positions.


BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 09:49:48 Reply

At 6/6/10 09:05 AM, turtleco wrote: hooray, I'm 16, now I don't have to be associated with the 15 yr olds of this thread, except magical-zorse, he's cool.

anyway, new attempt at one upping everyone made a makeshift light table, and a make shift camera station, 15 fps, 73 or so images, enjoy.

Congrats!


BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 13:31:28 Reply

At 6/6/10 09:49 AM, Xeptic wrote: Congrats!

thanks man


BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 13:36:11 Reply

At 6/6/10 01:31 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 6/6/10 09:49 AM, Xeptic wrote: Congrats!
thanks man

happy belated birthday

I turned 18 a few weeks back, means I will have to leave this teenager site soon :(

turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 14:26:19 Reply

At 6/6/10 01:36 PM, funkycaveman wrote: happy belated birthday

it's not belated, it's still my birthday :)

I turned 18 a few weeks back, means I will have to leave this teenager site soon :(

please don't go :'(


BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 14:32:30 Reply

At 6/6/10 02:26 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 6/6/10 01:36 PM, funkycaveman wrote: happy belated birthday
it's not belated, it's still my birthday :)

oh my bad, I always think the flash lounge is a few days old, a few posts back. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Much better :)

I turned 18 a few weeks back, means I will have to leave this teenager site soon :(
please don't go :'(

I will, and so will you in a few years, sorry to break it to you :(

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 14:37:34 Reply

At 6/6/10 01:36 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I turned 18 a few weeks back, means I will have to leave this teenager site soon :(

Happy belated birthday to you as well then :)

Back in the day there was always someone who made birthday threads for everyone, I think most of the time that someone was Luis. Since Luis is too busy doing... Well, no one really knows what he's doing at the NG HQ, I wouldn't making 'em. I'm not sure how up-to-date the NG Cal is nowadays though


BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 14:39:15 Reply

come on, why isnt anyone talking about video games


BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 14:49:45 Reply

Video games are crap nowadays. I must say though that, when Jose Gonzalez' Far Away started playing when I rode into Mexico in Red Dead Redemption my jaw dropped. Magical moment right there.


BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 15:21:45 Reply

At 6/6/10 02:37 PM, Xeptic wrote: Back in the day there was always someone who made birthday threads for everyone, I think most of the time that someone was Luis. Since Luis is too busy doing... Well, no one really knows what he's doing at the NG HQ, I wouldn't making 'em. I'm not sure how up-to-date the NG Cal is nowadays though

it's up to us to continue the tradition, Mexifry's birthday is soon, so we can make a birthday thread for him I guess.


BBS Signature
Johnny
Johnny
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 15:24:06 Reply

At 6/6/10 02:32 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I will, and so will you in a few years, sorry to break it to you :(

Not everyone does.


Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 16:55:44 Reply

At 6/6/10 04:20 PM, citricsquid wrote: luis is busy getting mad pussy from Tom

fix'd


.

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 17:25:09 Reply

At 6/6/10 02:37 PM, Xeptic wrote:
At 6/6/10 01:36 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I turned 18 a few weeks back, means I will have to leave this teenager site soon :(
Happy belated birthday to you as well then :)

thanks! <3

check it out,
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1171 876

knugen
knugen
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 17:28:44 Reply

At 6/6/10 02:49 PM, Xeptic wrote: Video games are crap nowadays. I must say though that, when Jose Gonzalez' Far Away started playing when I rode into Mexico in Red Dead Redemption my jaw dropped. Magical moment right there.

Haven't played RDR, but Jose is Swedish and I saw some article about him getting all this fame from that sequence :)

I suppose one needs to play the game to understand though, cause I've listened to the song and I wasn't too impressed by that alone.

Johnny
Johnny
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 17:31:45 Reply

At 6/6/10 05:28 PM, knugen wrote: Haven't played RDR, but Jose is Swedish and I saw some article about him getting all this fame from that sequence :)

One of the best games I've played in a very, very long time.


Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 17:34:49 Reply

At 6/6/10 05:28 PM, knugen wrote: Haven't played RDR, but Jose is Swedish and I saw some article about him getting all this fame from that sequence :)

I knew him from this ad. Had no idea he was Swedish though!

Sorry for all the posts.

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 17:46:33 Reply

At 6/6/10 05:25 PM, funkycaveman wrote: check it out,
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1171 876

<3<3<3<3<3


BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 19:10:51 Reply

everyone type down their birthdays, we're bringing the birthday threads back :)


BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 19:38:29 Reply

At 6/6/10 07:10 PM, turtleco wrote: everyone type down their birthdays, we're bringing the birthday threads back :)

how bout no


BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-06 19:44:28 Reply

At 6/6/10 07:38 PM, Toast wrote:
At 6/6/10 07:10 PM, turtleco wrote: everyone type down their birthdays, we're bringing the birthday threads back :)
how bout no

:( are you always such a downer?


BBS Signature