New Topic Respond to this Topic
Deadclever23
Deadclever23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 04:31:16 Reply

At 1/5/10 10:49 PM, Zyphonee wrote: I googled something and got this as the first result. Seriously, watch until the ending, I love how the guy with the goatee even starts making small pauses so he doesn't get confused with the script.

I laughed, cried, smiled, wept and seethed in anger. The plot was just so gripping that I was sucked in and felt their emotions just so strongly. This animation deserves an oscar.

No I'm off to watch the Shawshank Redemption, a surely inferior story.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature
Deadclever23
Deadclever23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 14:57:13 Reply

Snow Snow For Lucy
Just watched it for the first time and it was okay.
I don't really see what all the fuss was about to be honest though, it's good but the story goes too slowly at the beginning and far too slowly at the end. It felt rushed and not very well timed, I almost lost interest but it was quite a nice ending.

I know everyone's probably already seen it but what did everyone else think of it?

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 18:47:32 Reply

holy crap new PM features

go to your PM box. there's new features like a new symbol for new messages, a thing on the side that says "read," "unread," or "replied." and if you hover over the symbol by the subject line, you can change the icon that shows up.

also, for replying, instead of opening up a new window, a reply box fades in from the bottom. quite convenient, really.

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:04:47 Reply

At 1/6/10 02:57 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: Snow Snow For Lucy
Just watched it for the first time and it was okay.
I don't really see what all the fuss was about to be honest though, it's good but the story goes too slowly at the beginning and far too slowly at the end. It felt rushed and not very well timed, I almost lost interest but it was quite a nice ending.

I know everyone's probably already seen it but what did everyone else think of it?

Did not like. Not at all, in fact, i wrote a GLOWING 6/10 review and made several pleasant comments such as "lazy animator" and "getting way too much credit for way too little work"

Wait.. idk if i did write that, i wrote a good professional review, but idk i really feel that way :/

the movie was sappy and bland. When the girl ran back inside i was like "oh?" and then she was all "i forgive you!" and the dad was like "oh good! Im happy!" *dies*, completely ruined the movie for me. It would've been so much more powerful if she left, didn't come back, collapses in snow *shows scene of dad dying* show lucy almost dying, looks up, see's light, cue second part.

Not only that, but it was animated very poorly, not only re-using the same animations or character models repedatively, but sometimes even just taking models from past movies and re-colouring them! Then at other times Spike just zoomed the camera in on her face to demonstrate *taking off the arms*, or showing the sky for *fixing toy* and other things that would require actual animation. This was done A LOT.

One of my fav scenes was actuallly when the old man leans into lucy's face and you get a profile shot of both of their faces. Instead of having a decent shot with more than just their necks, spike just scaled the old mans head bigger to fill the screen so that he didn't have to show any torso. . .

ugh... sorry i'm just pissed at the loads of "OMG BEST MOVIE EVERRR!" comments being given to that movie. The only thing that i respected about the movie is the length, which was about 20 minutes. But even then, the movie was boring for about 19 of those minutes. . .

. . . *is happy i got that out*

Johnny
Johnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:38:14 Reply

At 1/6/10 07:04 PM, Duchednier wrote: Not only that, but it was animated very poorly, not only re-using the same animations or character models repedatively,

So does 85% of all Anime.. which has become an acceptable norm. I'd give it a 5/5 though. It deserves that. It doesn't deserve OMFG BEST MOOVIE EVER!!! But... but..

The same people that are saying BEST MOOVIE EVER, have probably said that about anything they 5/5.

I had a kid at work (well 21, so I guess not a kid to a lot of you) tell me that Avatar was the best movie, and most epic movie he's ever seen.

Though, he says that about any new movie that he sees and likes.

Don't read into too much.

Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:41:06 Reply

Sup gaise

I has a candy apple... tis yummy. :3

Bubbowrap
Bubbowrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:43:02 Reply

I actually didn't get past the first couple of minutes of Snow Snow for Lucy. Like. It bored me. I promised I'd eventually watch it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Like Ducheidner said, it was pretty lazy animation (lol pot calling the kettle black), and there wasn't much visually about it that made me go 'wow.' At least not up until the part where his dog died, in which I turned it off in favor of some random moe moe anime.

BAM.

Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 20:03:01 Reply

have some failage

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 20:07:10 Reply

At 1/6/10 08:03 PM, Bailifagus wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 3711
have some failage

That was actually nice, I liked it :D

You might want to work on your profile view drawings though, the girl in the sweater looked like a man from the side at some point.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 20:12:22 Reply

LOL, To tell you the truth, she only did because I draw some parts a long time ago, but decided to use them for this. My drawings changed, over time, apparently.

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 20:24:23 Reply

At 1/6/10 08:12 PM, Bailifagus wrote: My drawings changed, over time, apparently.

I think its pretty noticeable now that you mention that lol.
At least you improved :)

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 00:20:16 Reply

omg
omg
D:
OMG

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 00:37:33 Reply

At 1/7/10 12:20 AM, Bailifagus wrote: omg
omg
D:
OMG

Now aren't you happy i told you to submit when you did? Had you submitted YESTERDAY it may not have ended the same way :O

actually it would've, its been a pretty slow week :P

CONGRAAATTTZZZ!!!!! =D

JonH2O
JonH2O
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 00:39:23 Reply

Did you guys see my thread about Lumosity.com needing Flash Game Developers?

Myspace | Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back

BBS Signature
Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 01:00:02 Reply

lulz
i know rite

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 01:18:51 Reply

At 1/7/10 12:39 AM, JonH2O wrote: Did you guys see my thread about Lumosity.com needing Flash Game Developers?

We see all

also, congrats on the award balifagus

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 10:55:05 Reply

At 1/7/10 01:00 AM, Bailifagus wrote: lulz
i know rite

Turns out you got front page aswell congrats :D

also why the name? everytime I see it I great big ball bags and faggots. :/

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 11:34:28 Reply

Tablet working like shit again today. I knew I should've stayed in bed this morning.

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 12:35:10 Reply

At 1/7/10 11:34 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Tablet working like shit again today.

I've got a good tablet story.

I spent most of an evening working on a term paper and was too tired to print it, so I decided to print it the following morning. That morning I tried to move the mouse around but the cursor was stuck to the bottom left side of the screen. Reset the computer.... nothing. Plugged in a new mouse... nothing. Spent an hour unplugging things and trying to navigate Windows via my keyboard, even reinstalling drivers for the mouse.

I then realized that I left my wacom pen laying on my tablet the night previous. Infuriating.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
PBass
PBass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 12:39:45 Reply

At 1/7/10 12:35 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I then realized that I left my wacom pen laying on my tablet the night previous. Infuriating.

Haha, I've done that before. Nothing is worse than getting angry at technology only to realize it's completely your fault. It's like that moment in a heated argument when you get that horrible sinking feeling as you realize you're wrong. Ah well, live and learn.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

doctormario
doctormario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 13:03:54 Reply

Yes. Having it be your fault is mega draggage. Sometimes though...you have help. Not too long ago, I posted this query about jpeg quality on NG in the lounge (which Luis was very kind to respond to). Well I found the problem. One of our poorly sighted clients, had used the zoom feature on the magic mouse and didn't zoom it back to normal. They were close, but not all the way. Therefore, every raster graphic, in every flash movie looked like a big steaming turd. I seriously was ready to murder a whole room of Adobe programmers...only to find out I was just being a fucking idiot. It hurts. :[

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 14:27:51 Reply

I'm doing a mini game in C++ for uni and I need some graphics.. I could do them myself and probably will but if anyone wants to do some space shippy graphics then that'd be cool. Just things like generic alien (or spaceship) bad guys, and a player ship or two >:/ no real animation needed, unless you want to add flames shooting out or a shooting animation or something.

Again, just if you want to :L

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 15:42:08 Reply

At 1/6/10 07:04 PM, Duchednier wrote: Did not like. Not at all, in fact, i wrote a GLOWING 6/10 review and made several pleasant comments such as "lazy animator" and "getting way too much credit for way too little work"

well you have to give him credit for animating it all with a mouse.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 16:13:58 Reply

At 1/7/10 02:27 PM, liam wrote: Again, just if you want to :L

photoshop the background out of star wars ship screenshots

PBass
PBass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 17:07:02 Reply

At 1/6/10 07:04 PM, Duchednier wrote: Not only that, but it was animated very poorly, not only re-using the same animations or character models repedatively, but sometimes even just taking models from past movies and re-colouring them!

I thought the animation was decent for the most part, but it did have some cringe-worthy moments. The part it really really lacked in was character design. I felt that none of the characters were memorable, and even now I can't recall what they look like. The pacing wasn't too good either, it was pretty slow moving throughout.

But for a 20 minute flick animated by mouse, I think he did an alright job. If only half of Newgrounds would take the creative leaps that Spike has. He may not be the best, but he works at it.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 17:33:54 Reply

At 1/7/10 04:13 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 1/7/10 02:27 PM, liam wrote: Again, just if you want to :L
photoshop the background out of star wars ship screenshots

That would look so hilariously crappy.

Snow Snow for Lucy

Too much anime stereotype; that scene with the flashback of "Lucy's father" oh boy, that was a big WTF part. The characters were pretty insipid, nothing new there, however, I liked how he somehow at least tried to make emotional moments, although at times it was pushing it was too hard.

doctormario
doctormario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 19:31:02 Reply

I thought the Snow Lucy movie was...

Shonen Jump presents Edward Scissorhands.

It wasn't horrible, but it really wasn't breaking any wild new frontiers either.

I liked it a whole lot more than Vulvagayumi Happy Day.

BBS Signature
Bailifagus
Bailifagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 19:59:54 Reply

At 1/7/10 10:55 AM, adman1993 wrote: Turns out you got front page aswell congrats :D

also why the name? everytime I see it I great big ball bags and faggots. :/

Lol.
I like being a fag?

JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-07 23:41:37 Reply

At 1/7/10 05:07 PM, PBass wrote:

But for a 20 minute flick animated by mouse, I think he did an alright job. If only half of Newgrounds would take the creative leaps that Spike has. He may not be the best, but he works at it.

Thats one thing i did give him credit for, he DID make a 20 minute movie, which is 5 minutes longer than my longest (khc 1.3), and it was a serious drama movie. The problem though i thought was that the story could've been told in probably 10-15 minutes and been alot more exciting, rather than boring, which i found it to be unfortunately :(

Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 00:10:45 Reply

So I got my first (solo) daily.

Am I a good Flash person guy now?

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature