New Topic Respond to this Topic
trig1
trig1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 18:29:23 Reply

At 12/20/09 04:28 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: How is everyone one running out buying the x factor because Simon "told" you any different from everyone running out and buying RATM because someone on facebook told you to?
Why do you even care what's number 1? You've achieved nothing, the x factor single will probably reach number 1 next week anyway. The charts will always be dominated by middle of the road music, that's why they're the pop charts, you've not stuck it to the man, you've not made a statement, you've just made one popular song sell slightly better than another popular song.

Some guy on facebook didn't 'tell me' to buy RATM, but he started a cause. I bought it out of my own accord, with my money because I wanted to be part of this effort.

The reason why I care about the christmas number one is because it's part of my heritage, and it genuinely meant something to me growing up. It was a part of christmas, as stupid as that sounds, wondering which cheesy song would get it. Then for five years in a row the washed out, dreary X Factor singers won it, and that stupid small bit of christmas was gone. That silly, distinctly British, part of Christmas had been ruined by ITV. Then this campaign for RATM started and it just came flooding back to me what it used to be like when people did care about it rather than it being decided by the masses of relatives buying their niece the new sterile Leona Lewis power ballad that they saw off the tele.

This Rage against the Machine campaign started exactly what I remembered from being a kid: some sort of competition for the christmas number one. And it caused the biggest controversy in 5 years, and I honestly couldn't feel more christmassy because of it. I'm fine with the musical ass-scrapings being number one the rest of the year, and Joe McWhatshisface will be number one next week and probably the week after, but I really couldn't care less.

well that was a pretty cheesy post. I'm sorry for inflicting that on everyone :P
Doomsday-One
Doomsday-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 19:10:22 Reply

At 12/20/09 03:18 PM, Luis wrote: if anyone wants to adopt some Farmville baby seals drop me a note!

I think my girlfriend does.
Although, it would depend on whether I would still have to give her a Christmas present afterwards.

Is the offer available to people you don't even know?

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 20:09:30 Reply

I did some real art :)

Finally actually got my butt in gear and worked on a piece of art :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/adman 1993/ninja-henry

What choo think?

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 20:23:19 Reply

At 12/20/09 08:09 PM, adman1993 wrote: What choo think?

Looks awesome, I better see him in a game :P

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 20:46:44 Reply

At 12/20/09 08:09 PM, adman1993 wrote: I did some real art :)

Finally actually got my butt in gear and worked on a piece of art :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/adman 1993/ninja-henry

What choo think?

hmmm...ninja henry you say? looks more like a carl to me...

jk lol, lookin guuuud :D

adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 22:22:34 Reply

cheers guys!

and thanks zyph for scouting me :D i'm gonna be doing more.. need the practice :)

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 22:25:16 Reply

:D haha

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-20 23:22:11 Reply

At 12/20/09 10:25 PM, Zyphonee wrote:
D haha

every since you changed to a light aura, it's like you're a whole different person

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 00:02:49 Reply

And you guys really don't want to see me with Evil aura

Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 00:21:52 Reply

Luis, what's your facebook?

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 00:32:49 Reply

It's Luis Castanon. Let's all go poke Luis!

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 01:28:20 Reply

Gentlemen violence is never the answer but sometimes one good way to tone down the problem.

It was my mothers 50th birthday party this weekend. I was a b-day roadie gettin the cake, doin dishes, setting shit up, and doin all this background shit. Late into the night an uninvited member of the party (with over 50 people in one hicks lawn and small shack thing) has the nerve to face wash me with my mothers cake I bought her. The first offense and politely asked him to not do that and that it was not funny and then left to the washroom to clean up. That children is the right thing to do in most cases. No matter how embarrassed or enraged - keep calm and walk away and be honest.

When I got to the washroom he ran up and hit me in the face with a hand full of cake in a much more aggressive face wash. The next part after this I am on the floor with this young wigger defending myself. I don't remember how much I drank and remember this whole thing vaguely. My friends and host of the party tell me I got the worst of it, but got a good shots in and tooled him at the end before my sisters friends stormed in and kicked him out.

By 5 AM he had called the cops and they were there looking for me. He says I assaulted him at my moms party, however my friends told the cops straight out he was uninvited, so he was trespassing, and other obvious shit that made his assault claim look more and more silly as it is. Like provoking me by hitting me with cake in my face, first in a large group of witnesses, and second in a hallway with some girls.

I had a crazy weekend guys. I don't go to parties often these days and this is why - people piss me off. I share this story though because its different and it proves a hard thing bout life. Ya gotta throw a punch sometimes - gotta stick up and defend yourself. You work hard for your mother who raised you to have some punk disrespect her, her party, your work towards making it a good party, and not just you but your family. You do something. (especially if he blinds you with sugary tasty treats meant to eat and then attack like an ape)

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 01:39:06 Reply

Retardation on the Internet

Have you ever encountered someone so retarded on the internet that it's almost unbelievable, but deep down inside you know that they really are THAT dumb? There's this guy who takes everything I say at face value, even after talking to me for 2 months. You may or may not know that I can be abit sarcastic, but he read this and asked me why I had started up sprite animation. I proceeded to just flat out say with may typos that everything with sonic made it funnier and he just believed me. Either this person is some master troll, (which I highly doubt, considering how easily he reacts to stupid troll bait online) or there are people that dumb.

</end rant>

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 03:17:01 Reply

Welcome to the internet dude, I don't think there's a better place to find stupid people, still, it's fun as hell.

"This attracts more douchebags than Yeasty Vagina Convention"

- Michael Swaim

No, not The-Swain, Michael Swaim
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 04:00:05 Reply

I discovered and played with layer sizes :P

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 05:04:54 Reply

At 12/21/09 04:00 AM, Duchednier wrote: I discovered and played with layer sizes :P

I've always made them as small as possible.

Luis
Luis
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 10:00:52 Reply

At 12/21/09 04:00 AM, Duchednier wrote: I discovered and played with layer sizes :P

ITS NOTTA TUMORRRRRR

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

Johnny
Johnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 10:35:42 Reply

At 12/21/09 03:17 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Welcome to the internet dude, I don't think there's a better place to find stupid people, still, it's fun as hell.

1) Also, walmart.

2) Work for the government. I spent hours teaching a 45 year old who makes 50k a year his times tables. 9x10? "That's easy!" 9x11? Dumbfounded.

That's my top 3. =)

Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 10:46:58 Reply

At 12/21/09 12:32 AM, Zyphonee wrote: It's Luis Castanon. Let's all go poke Luis!

Already there.

Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 11:17:42 Reply

Merry Christmas and I hope you all have an excellent, fun, funky time.

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 12:59:12 Reply

At 12/21/09 11:17 AM, Bezman wrote: Merry Christmas and I hope you all have an excellent, fun, funky time.

I'll stay funky Bezman.

According to undisclosed records I am in order for a mechanical keyswitch keyboard for Christmas. Remember those old keyboards that click each time you depress a key? Yeah, those ones. USB even.

Coworkers will hate me.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 13:02:58 Reply

Ye olde variables.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 13:30:33 Reply

At 12/21/09 03:17 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Welcome to the internet dude, I don't think there's a better place to find stupid people, still, it's fun as hell.

Well I understand that people on the internet are stupid, but I didn't think you could be SO stupid to the point where you don't even think for yourself. Like he takes everything I say at face value regardless if I contradict myself or not.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 13:48:35 Reply

At 12/21/09 01:02 PM, Kevin wrote: Ye olde variables.

Hey, I recognize that code. Hot shit.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Johnny
Johnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 14:23:10 Reply

*sigh* I've resorted to browsing with my Wacom Stylus to alleviate carpal tunnel symptoms when working for long periods of time...

Anyone else have any suggestions? Seat higher/lower? Them gel pad things... more masturbation with the right hand to strengthen it? Anything?

Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 14:44:01 Reply

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/santaclaus live-inside-cam

I'm having so much fun with this...

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Luis
Luis
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 14:46:29 Reply

At 12/21/09 02:23 PM, Johnny wrote: *sigh* I've resorted to browsing with my Wacom Stylus to alleviate carpal tunnel symptoms when working for long periods of time...

Anyone else have any suggestions? Seat higher/lower? Them gel pad things... more masturbation with the right hand to strengthen it? Anything?

If its really bothering you, you could consider wearing one of them gloves with the brace on the bottom part of it. I did for a short period and it seemed to help. I havent done much drawing in a good bit so i've not had any discomfort or reason to use it again.

You should definately address your seating situation if you feel uncomfortable. I like those heavy duty office chairs where its like totally adjustable and has those elbow rests on the sides of it as well. Alot of the cheaper 'college' student chairs just go up and down and dont have those elbow rests and your arms floating around for long periods eventually takes a toll on your wrist joint. You should also take more breaks. Take up smoking or something so you have an excuse to take a break and have a cigarette break.

ok ignore that last one but yea take a break :p

None

JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 14:49:40 Reply

At 12/21/09 02:23 PM, Johnny wrote: *sigh* I've resorted to browsing with my Wacom Stylus to alleviate carpal tunnel symptoms when working for long periods of time...

It happens boyzo, i'm fighting corpal tunnel alot lately :P

I would say when you're colouring things, switch to the mouse and just click-fill colours, might help rest your hand, also try gripping the stylus in-between your index and middle finger. I know it sounds weird but it actually feels pretty natural.

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 15:14:41 Reply

At 12/21/09 02:59 PM, fuckyouwasim wrote: DUMPING GROUNDS

i did some grafitti out the streets i wrote NG down

chick chicka check it

check out my gravelpit yeaaa

You gotta do the whole NG logo. That'd be cool.

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-21 15:14:56 Reply

At 12/21/09 02:59 PM, fuckyouwasim wrote: DUMPING GROUNDS

i did some grafitti out the streets i wrote NG down

chick chicka check it

check out my gravelpit yeaaa