00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,840 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 20:51:27

At 5/12/10 08:42 PM, knugen wrote: Portal is free until May 24th.

Grab it while it's hot boys and girls

Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

brb, d/l portal.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 20:59:12

Ok so I've had to download steam as well... Anyone care to explain how this shit works?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 21:10:13

At 5/12/10 08:59 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Ok so I've had to download steam as well... Anyone care to explain how this shit works?

You must be running MacOS 10.5.8 or later to run this game

"CONTINUE ANYWAY"

lol, what? That makes no sense.

Also friend me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 21:18:58

Ya i just downloaded it for the first time too

"GlaielGamer"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 21:21:27

At 5/12/10 09:18 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Ya i just downloaded it for the first time too

"GlaielGamer"

Accepted, lol. My account now has a friend, I feel so cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 21:37:30

Screw this I'm not waiting four hours to download a game I already own.

But yeah, Portal is awesome.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-12 23:04:00

Can someone please explain why Gameplay bother running both Game and Gamestation when they could just use one brand name instead?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 02:22:04

After finishing Portal I checked out the "developer commentary" option. Basically it let's you play the levels again but with little speech bubbles floating around which you can activate to hear commentaries about the level design and stuff like that.

As I developer I found most of them quite interesting and I ended up playing the whole game through again just for those comments ^^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 02:29:27

At 5/13/10 02:22 AM, knugen wrote: As I developer I found most of them quite interesting and I ended up playing the whole game through again just for those comments ^^

That is only one of many amazing things valve has done.

I have steam, but I can't really play any game made after like 2004, aka, every decent game made lolololol

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 03:11:06

i'm currently downloading portal at 9mb/s woop :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 04:22:31

At 5/12/10 11:04 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Can someone please explain why Gameplay bother running both Game and Gamestation when they could just use one brand name instead?

Because then they can target two different gamer markets. Gamestation targets the late-teens to mid-twenties demographic, selling trade-ins on last month's popular titles for today's cutting edge shooter, while Game focusses more on family friendly titles and selling titles in deals for the cash concious parents.

It also allows for market dominance of the high street. With that kind of mindset they've got twice as many stores selling thier product than Computer Exchange and any independant store can manage, without appearing to be Starbucks.

And, finally, it's a carryover from when the merger between Game and Electronics Boutique formed EB-Games and they suddenly had a lot of similarily branded stores in high-demand high street space that they couldn't really brand twice with the same logo (see aforementioned Starbucks reason)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 11:16:29

At 5/13/10 04:54 AM, citricsquid wrote: Steam is great :D

It looks it, but it needs more games for mac. =(

inb4 giant mac vs ps shitstorm

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 11:48:11

At 5/13/10 11:16 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 5/13/10 04:54 AM, citricsquid wrote: Steam is great :D
It looks it, but it needs more games for mac. =(

inb4 giant mac vs ps shitstorm

Linux has Steam now.

I think I may install Linux.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 17:02:43

I added all you guys on steam, my only friend was getting lonely on the list :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 20:16:19

At 5/13/10 06:26 PM, HDXmike wrote: Delta, wheres caxe gone ?

It has its own wiki. It's also a piece of shit.

http://lib.haxe.org/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 22:08:09

God, what the fuck! I'm just back in from the pub and I need to have a slash, but as far as I can make out it sounds like my housemate is having a bath. A BATH A FUCKING 3 AM. God I hate him so much.

More than I hate Kayn and that's saying something.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 22:09:50

He's left his room unlocked, tempted to piss all over it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-13 23:55:06

At 5/13/10 10:08 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: I need to have a slash,

Your British colloquialisms mean nothing to me.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 02:30:21

At 5/13/10 08:16 PM, GustTheASGuy wrote: It has its own wiki. It's also a piece of shit.

<3 don't worry, when i can be arsed it'll be re-written in a sensible language :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 02:36:53

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 04:23:51

At 5/13/10 10:08 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:

F.O.&.D Harry. <3

Hey. Can anyone who's been dabbling in Obj-C and iPhone Development tell me when it starts to get FUN? The entire process just fills me with a general sense of malaise.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 04:35:38

At 5/14/10 04:23 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 5/13/10 10:08 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
F.O.&.D Harry. <3

Hey. Can anyone who's been dabbling in Obj-C and iPhone Development tell me when it starts to get FUN? The entire process just fills me with a general sense of malaise.

3 hours in or so there's a huge plot twist in development and everything starts to go uphill for about 2 hours, then it kinda goes back to how it was... soz :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 07:59:32

Im pissed off with you Newgrounds!

Just got a slip through the door saying my NG Store package wasnt delivered because there was an unpaid £13.50 customs charge. Its been taken off to the "nearest" warehouse 15 bastard miles away. I dont drive so I've gotta now get it REdelivered to my nearest Post Office branch to pick it up and pay the fucking fee.

why

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 09:29:23

At 5/14/10 07:59 AM, Jimp wrote: why

Because that's how Customs works in the UK. HMRC tells Royal Mail there's a charge, and Royal Mail withold the postage until you fork over the coinage.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 10:12:16

Kayn you know everything! :) I guess its not really NG's fault, bah!

Sam, I've never had a fee before now and ive ordered stuff twice before. This is just a meat boy plush + 2 comics my girlfriend ordered - I cant imagine it weighs much at all!

Has anyone seen videos of LittleBigPlanet 2? I was a big fan of the original and think it deserved all the praise it received, this one looks even more ambitious and could again be very innovative.

I really like the idea of user created games with multiple levels, some of the original user LBP levels were great, hopefully this will appeal to a wider audience and make lots more possible :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 10:53:50

At 5/14/10 10:05 AM, citricsquid wrote: I'm considering ordering but never had custom fees before; is it only for specific items or does it depend on weight?

From my understanding here...

Dependant entirely on the product, HMRC adds an Excise Duty - to encourage you to buy from within the country. VAT (17.5% currently, 20% likely by sometime next year) is then strapped onto any purchase that goes through border control. Custom fees are then attached to anything with a commercial value above £135 that causes an excise duty of £9 or more.

Anything costing less than £18 does not have VAT assigned. Balance your shipping fees with the customs charges (exceptions: tobacco, perfume)

Gifts priced under £40 are not subject to customs charges - however, if customs notices a large consignment of goods being shipped under the guise of gifts, they'll persue it quite nastily. NG will attach a customs sheet onto the parcel that'll give the estimate of the value of the goods, and customs will stamp it and note thier charges there. No, they will not say it's a gift - although I assume the bronzed awards are flagged up as such.

Customs Guide.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 15:01:47

If any animators need some extra cash:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1166 612

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 19:44:36

At 5/13/10 02:22 AM, knugen wrote:

As I developer I found most of them quite interesting and I ended up playing the whole game through again just for those comments ^^

I love how in the comments they even say somethin' along the lines of "some testers enjoyed doing this level the ninja way." and how the left ya able to do the ninja way as it would be using portal skills ya ain't been taught yet.

I've watch Darryl beat portal twice, start to finish in one go, the second was with the comments too. I think Valve has comments like that in Half Life also... however I've never gotten into half life.

Also a few days back I had a 12 hour hangover...., Serves me right slammin' back all 'em warm beers. Oh, and I really dug the cam in the party on Pico day/Toms b-day. Was real neat - we need to see if we can figure that out for meet ups. Have the online community involved in the party. :)

(Muahahha... yes I never left, just haven't felt like posting much.)

I have a knew love also gentlemen... strip clubs. Other day I realize I got the age and ID for it so why not? :D

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 20:57:18

ARTISTS WHO ORGANIZE THEIR LIBRARIES PROPERLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE PROGRAMMER...
...are hard to come by but when you finally get one it's the most relieving thing in the world. Sam's MovieClips are so organized I came.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-14 21:01:27

At 5/14/10 08:57 PM, Archon68 wrote: ARTISTS WHO ORGANIZE THEIR LIBRARIES PROPERLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE PROGRAMMER...
...are hard to come by but when you finally get one it's the most relieving thing in the world. Sam's MovieClips are so organized I came.

I'll make you scream ;)

...wut.