New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zuggz
Zuggz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 08:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Balls. It won't take much effort to convince the sponsor to help out.

I hope you're right. Once this all sorts it self out - hopefully it will. I'll def need to celebrate the victory of cutting a stress out of the year that's been itching me for the past few months.
Would be nice to have more than one meal a day again lol...

NG Vancouver meetup? drinking age 19..

Could be an idea for the future.

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:09 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 08:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: (just wanted the taste to stay in my mouth for as long as possible you know?)

Quoted for posterity

Keith
Keith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 08:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:

:(just wanted the taste to stay in my mouth for as long as possible you know?)

lol yeah, i know what you mean, everyone kept talking about your sweet game I had to somehow throw that in the post...

but I really want to make myself one

K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:57 PM Reply

When Closure comes out I'm gonna play it whilst eating a Glaiel burger.
Then I'll giggle to myself a little, and then forget another idea
I'd had of a good puzzle platformer.

MLIA

what

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 11:23 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 08:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I'm gonna try to figure out an easy to get bacon on it too, but bacon is a pain to cook so I might just cook like a pound at once and freeze what I don't need.

pffft i tried some american bacon after the second day of PAX and i must say, it's not that great.

try some canadian bacon. its full of flavor, juciy, big and everything, unlike your wimpy bland american bacon.

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 11:23 PM, fluffkomix wrote: pffft i tried some american bacon after the second day of PAX and i must say, it's not that great.

try some canadian bacon. its full of flavor, juciy, big and everything, unlike your wimpy bland american bacon.

You'd get the same taste of Canadian bacon if you got some American ham.
Also, bacon's awesome.

Hey yo

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 12:27 AM, Alpharius120 wrote:
At 9/21/09 11:23 PM, fluffkomix wrote:
You'd get the same taste of Canadian bacon if you got some American ham.

yeah right, even our ham is superior. face it, our pigs win.

Also, bacon's awesome.

Sig made by me

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Bacon > Ham

face it you must have gotten some crappy dennys bacon or whatever from a place that microwaves pre cooked bacon shipped frozen from 1000 miles away. You need to go buy fresh bacon and cook it yourself if you want to really taste the awesomness of a bacon burger.

Also, I hate ham.

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 12:33 AM, fluffkomix wrote:
At 9/22/09 12:27 AM, Alpharius120 wrote:
At 9/21/09 11:23 PM, fluffkomix wrote:

Canadian bacon has a sort of sweet taste which I don't particularly like.

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 12:39 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Bacon > Ham

face it you must have gotten some crappy dennys bacon or whatever from a place that microwaves pre cooked bacon shipped frozen from 1000 miles away. You need to go buy fresh bacon and cook it yourself if you want to really taste the awesomness of a bacon burger.

i hate that kind of bacon, the kind that you'd get at a tim horton's thats thin and crispy and flavorless. naw i got it on a bacon cheeseburger from the cheesecake factory, and considering the quality of their food, i'm guessing it was pretty good bacon as well.

for american.

Sig made by me

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:05 AM Reply

Happy madness day this banner's the best one yet!

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:05 AM, angryglacier wrote: Happy madness day this banner's the best one yet!

it's the same as last year's, they just changed 2008 to 2009.

also, am I the only one here that hates madness day?

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:15 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 9/22/09 01:05 AM, angryglacier wrote: Happy madness day this banner's the best one yet!

Huh I didn't notice well now I feel stupid. I personally hate madness in general because so much people use madness sprites because they have no drawing skill, and all madness is is brutal destruction. But madness day well... I've always got Tom's game to look forward to no matter the LOLOLOLOL HANK MAKE AWESOME FIGHT IN MY SECWEL TO MY MADNES MOVIE S THANK TO KRINKELSS

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:21 AM, angryglacier wrote:
At 9/22/09 01:15 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:

Huh I didn't notice well now I feel stupid. I personally hate madness in general because so much people use madness sprites

Meh, i must be getting old but i actually think madness day is kind of cool.

Not in a oh i need to participate way, but more of like let the kids have fun type of way. It reminds me of high school 'spirit' week where you had to come to school in your pajamas or something silly. I think its a cool day to not really take anything on the portal seriously and just kinda celebrate a series that was born and bred on the site.
It has alot more sentimental value than say something like a mario sprite day or something. I was probably really opinionated about it at some point, but now im just kinda at peace with it.

None

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 06:20 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 02:52 AM, Luis wrote: Meh, i must be getting old but i actually think madness day is kind of cool.

It makes me feel old :/ I can't help feeling like it's something for the 14-year-old-ish users to enjoy. I remember Madness being one of the first things that brought me to this site... I wish it had had a day back then when I was young enough to get into the spirit of it :p

BBS Signature
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 06:20 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 9/22/09 02:52 AM, Luis wrote: Meh, i must be getting old but i actually think madness day is kind of cool.
It makes me feel old :/ I can't help feeling like it's something for the 14-year-old-ish users to enjoy. I remember Madness being one of the first things that brought me to this site... I wish it had had a day back then when I was young enough to get into the spirit of it :p

I never really got into madness at all, when i first came to NG it was for xiaoxiao, and then after legendary frog and Decline of videogames :P I'm not super intrigued by madness, all this means is that i have to wait an extra week to submit a certain finished flash :P

Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:01 AM Reply

I'm not a big fan of any of the days (Bar Luis day, when the regs unite), there are some great submissions but it just doesn't seem as exciting as it used to be.

BBS Signature
Keith
Keith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 10:01 AM, Depredation wrote: I'm not a big fan of any of the days (Bar Luis day, when the regs unite), there are some great submissions but it just doesn't seem as exciting as it used to be.

I think the holidays are a nice way to see people's perspective and jokes on the days.
The reason behind me going to NG was tom's first games, then I stopped after a while and the movie that really brought me back was Luis's Till Death Do Us Part...

I have never seen anything like it. An animation like that on a site and the whole story and animation is good so I stayed and watched movies and played games.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:29 AM Reply

i only really liked madness before i knew it was on newgrounds. when i found it it was on newgrounds i was already over it a little.

the fan-made ones are okay tho, depending on how they're done. my favs for each year of madness day are the ones that don't use the original madness sprites, and are done with the artist' own style. it makes me feel as if im watching more of a fan made film rather than a total ripoff

some of the total ripoff ones are okay though

Sig made by me

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Ironically (or not), i actually like Krinkels' madness when it was rediculous 'dumb' violence. Like when the main character ( i dont think it was Hank back then.) had the task of just killing Sheriff, or you had the DJ clown. No real story or reason, just moar madness. I think as the series started to develop put more backbone into it, it lost me. I still watch it and what not, its just no longer my guilt pleasure. It's kinda like wathcing the Scary Movies franchise, you know its just a rubbish set of movies but you cant help but waste an afternoon watching it. Theres almost some masochistic joy in watching your brain rot from that.

On the other hand, I dont think madness would have lasted as long as it did if it didnt develop atleast some shred of a story after awhile. Despite my desire to have it be the simple thing it was when i was into it.

None

Deadclever23
Deadclever23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:03 PM Reply

In recent years farmers have been breeding their livestock to be tasteless in order for people to buy the meat and then buy brand sauces as well in an effort to get more sales.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 08:19 PM, Zuggz wrote: Thanks for everyone's words, it has helped me think it all over.

RE: Getting fucked over.

Unless you legally signed a contract you're entitled to nothing, you could always go after them for using your work without permission, however that's a tricky thing to do and you probably won't ever get any money. That's a major problem working online freelance and partnering, because it's so easy to mislead people and also because of how easy it is to hide yourself.

I'm currently in a similar position; I have a client - web dev - who owes me 50% of a project - I take 50% minimum upfront, which I highly recommend everyone does - and he's disappeared, the beauty of 50% is that I'm now not actually losing anything, the 50% left is what I'd have made profit wise, so sure I'm not in a desirable position but I haven't lost anything, furthermore unless they pay the full amount they get no work, so I pretty much win either way.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing and some deals are just too tempting to pass up, but I highly recommend you use escrow services if you can't get a client to cough up 50% first, they're great and are pretty much 100% secure if you go with a reputable company.

doctormario
doctormario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:36 PM Reply

No. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I always figured it was something for people who really dig violence, and who couldn't be bothered to draw arms.

BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:00 PM Reply

I'm just waiting to see what Tom has cooked up. I've seen about 5 or 6 movies today and they were actually pretty darn good. It's fun to see a madness movie that's made in a different style.

I've been trying to animate a walking horse for the last hour or so. Incredibly frustrating. I hate living things.

BBS Signature
hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:02 PM Reply

I never really got into madness but my brother downloaded the game when i was like 10 or 12 or something and i used to play it all the time. it was fucking rad cause id never seen anything like it before. i was used to playing math blaster or something gay like that

BBS Signature
hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:00 PM, Xeptic wrote: I'm just waiting to see what Tom has cooked up. I've seen about 5 or 6 movies today and they were actually pretty darn good. It's fun to see a madness movie that's made in a different style.

I've been trying to animate a walking horse for the last hour or so. Incredibly frustrating. I hate living things.

imagine a person walking in the frond and an ostrich walking in the back. thats from richard williams i believe. You should google tutorials , theres one with james baxter as well as many other great ones

BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:04 PM, hashbrown wrote: imagine a person walking in the frond and an ostrich walking in the back. thats from richard williams i believe. You should google tutorials , theres one with james baxter as well as many other great ones

I'm gonna cheat by not showing the feet I think. Time pressure. Thanks for the tips though :)

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:17 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 12:27 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 9/21/09 08:19 PM, Zuggz wrote: Thanks for everyone's words, it has helped me think it all over.
Unless you legally signed a contract you're entitled to nothing

The fact that he and his partner agreed that he'd get 2000 is a contract, he is legally entitled to the money his partner stole from him, and I don't doubt that a court would rule in favor of zuggz to get the money. I just don't know anything about going through that process and how much it would cost or anything like that. He's definitely 'entitled' to the money though.

BBS Signature
Keith
Keith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:00 PM, Xeptic wrote: horse

this should fix your walking horse problem :D

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 01:17 PM, Coaly wrote: The fact that he and his partner agreed that he'd get 2000 is a contract, he is legally entitled to the money his partner stole from him, and I don't doubt that a court would rule in favor of zuggz to get the money. I just don't know anything about going through that process and how much it would cost or anything like that. He's definitely 'entitled' to the money though.

He isn't, really. A verbal contract while technically is a contract it holds nothing legally. I could say to you "You mow my lawn and I'll give you $10" and then not pay you and you can't do anything besides piss on my lawn. That's the problem with the internet, it's exactly the same and unless you've got the best lawyers in the world you'll get nowhere.

Proof is everything, if you can prove beyond doubt that he agreed to pay you $2000 for xx work and then didn't pay and therefore broke the terms, sure, but without being able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt you're not going to get anywhere. Emails count for nothing unless you can prove they came from him. It sucks, it really does, but that's how it works.

I'm unsure about how it works when collecting, but as far as I'm aware even if he did sue it'd still be a civil suit and therefore he is under absolutely no obligation to pay. Here in the UK for example, if I do work for a person and then they don't pay I'm the one who has to chase them down, if the courts agree that they should pay up they're then told to show how much they can afford to pay. Even if you don't pay there are no legal repercussions other than repossession, which can be avoided by not letting debt collectors in your home. There was a case where a woman owed a legal firm something like £300 and told the courts she could only afford £1 a month, so they agreed and it's 27 years (or something like that) for her to pay back.