Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 1,614,310 Views
  • 64,473 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
trig1
trig1
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 16:09:27 Reply

Journey of Reemus

Why on earth are all the newgrounds staff so obsessed with it? Game of the 'moment' for about a month and plugged in loads of front page posts. Why? It's now got 200,000 more hits than the most recent blockhead, even though they have the same score. Did the NG team have some sort of hand with the development of it?

Also: this game has given me faith back in flash development. Everything about it is just perfect.

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 16:29:41 Reply

At 7/14/09 04:09 PM, trig1 wrote: Why on earth are all the newgrounds staff so obsessed with it? Game of the 'moment' for about a month and plugged in loads of front page posts. Why? It's now got 200,000 more hits than the most recent blockhead, even though they have the same score. Did the NG team have some sort of hand with the development of it?

Game is awesome + Has medals, they want to whore it out for medal system exposure. Doesn't take much to work it out ;)

trig1
trig1
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 16:33:11 Reply

At 7/14/09 04:29 PM, citricsquid wrote: Game is awesome + Has medals, they want to whore it out for medal system exposure. Doesn't take much to work it out ;)

Ah, that'd make sense. Forgot about medals.

Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 17:49:29 Reply

Alot of flash reg lounge 'regs' winning daily awards lately . Good job team.
Nice to see everyone wandering away once in awhile and making award-winning gamez.

Maybe one day Toast will make something.

probs not. o well

<3


None

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 17:57:02 Reply

At 7/14/09 05:49 PM, Luis wrote: Nice to see everyone wandering away once in awhile and making award-winning gamez.

I need me a monthly award.
Good thing I'm still working on that monthly-winning game behind your back :D

Maybe one day Toast will make something.

Lmao.


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 17:59:15 Reply

Hey guys, just got back from playing GH World Tour and im sweating like a beast.

Hardest songs on drums for it?

Dez Moines (8% best) and Hot For Teacher (75% best).

Scream Aim Fire is a piece of piss now - and Dammit i can do with a little practice (the speed gets me the most).

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:00:24 Reply

Remember when I said I was walking around like a knight to help animate walkcycles? Because that was such a success I ran around the house as a barbarian warrior today. Scared the shit out of my dog. Thought I'd share that with you guys.


BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:07:23 Reply

At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Hey guys, just got back from playing GH World Tour and im sweating like a beast.

Hardest songs on drums for it?

In smash hits, i beat Lamb of God's - Laid to Rest on Expert +. I got a second bass pedal and headphone splitter.

Now...Dyer's Eve in GH : Metallica on Expert+, hardest FUCKING thing in the world. I will NEVER be able be able to beat it.

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:15:49 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:07 PM, Blackfang wrote: Now...Dyer's Eve in GH : Metallica on Expert+, hardest FUCKING thing in the world. I will NEVER be able be able to beat it.

Further to comments about me being a GH fanboy and buying GH:Hits, Through the Fire and the Flames, Raining Blood and Beast and the Harlot have Expert Plus modes for drums.

Have fun. I can't even clear the sodding things on Hard...


...

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:17:15 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:07 PM, Blackfang wrote:
At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Hey guys, just got back from playing GH World Tour and im sweating like a beast.

Hardest songs on drums for it?
In smash hits, i beat Lamb of God's - Laid to Rest on Expert +. I got a second bass pedal and headphone splitter.

Now...Dyer's Eve in GH : Metallica on Expert+, hardest FUCKING thing in the world. I will NEVER be able be able to beat it.

Does Expert+ just have double bass in it? I can do double bass on a single pedal for a bit but my foot just knackers after a bit :P

matrix5565
matrix5565
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:19:10 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:15 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:07 PM, Blackfang wrote: Now...Dyer's Eve in GH : Metallica on Expert+, hardest FUCKING thing in the world. I will NEVER be able be able to beat it.
Further to comments about me being a GH fanboy and buying GH:Hits, Through the Fire and the Flames, Raining Blood and Beast and the Harlot have Expert Plus modes for drums.

Have fun. I can't even clear the sodding things on Hard...

You guys think that's bad? Have you even seen Rock Band's Mayhem pack? Even with single bass it's almost unplayable.

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:21:56 Reply

I dream of retiring rich from flash games and holding free seminars at the local community center on how to animate and program flash games.

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:26:23 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:21 PM, BoMToons wrote: I dream of retiring rich from flash games and holding free seminars at the local community center on how to animate and program flash games.

I dream of making a game people actually want to play.


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:38:38 Reply

At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Dez Moines

omg that's the capital of the state I live in.


BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:44:36 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:38 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Dez Moines
omg that's the capital of the state I live in.

And also a song by Devil Wears Prada :)

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 18:54:42 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:21 PM, BoMToons wrote: I dream of retiring rich from flash games and holding free seminars at the local community center on how to animate and program flash games.

I'd like to make money with Flash. But I'd like to educate at an academic level.
And the more I look into monetising Flash outside of hock-phlegm-advertising the more problems I see. Cheat Engine, barriers to entry for the pay-to-purchase games, decompiling, revenue splits, proper payment models, server side data hosting... just far too much that can go wrong...


...

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 19:17:39 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:54 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: just far too much that can go wrong...

alot of things can go wrong for anything. You face a wide array of dangers the minute you leave your house, you just gotta go for it. If it fails then it fails, you try somethin else. You shouldnt be scared of failure, you learn the most from them usually.

Also i just farted. And im not talking about bomtoons' game neither.


None

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 19:20:17 Reply

At 7/14/09 07:17 PM, Luis wrote: You shouldnt be scared of failure, you learn the most from them usually.

Oh I'm petrified of failure. But on the same token it's not going to stop me trying. I just wish I knew the best approach in advance.


...

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 20:02:37 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:41 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: I think he handled it well (at least, being more entertaining than most Channel 4 anchors... though when you're up against Justin Lee-Collins and Jimmy Carr that doesn't speak volumes)

I like Jimmy Carr :/ He has 4 dvds and it's all original material, which is nice when you look at other comedians and see 3 dvds and it's all the same material, in a different order (peter kay, stand up and take a bow). He's good on 8 out of 10 cats because he has good guests and he doesn't try to make himself bigger than he is, he just enjoys the other comedians jokes, which is good.

At 7/14/09 06:43 AM, TheHappySheep wrote: Anyone else done any flash teaching? I've helped my mum out before at her old school and I helped run some workshops at an animation festival a couple years ago.

No. In high school + college they did small sections with flash and I pretty much took the load off the teacher by answering everyone's questions, since both those teachers knew shit all about flash. I was terrible at Flash then, but oh well :p The only thing I can offer to someone learning flash is knowledge of actionscript and the flash environment, actually using the thing effectively is probably a whole other ball game.

At 7/14/09 11:00 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: 1. Stop bring up these attacks here, there's threads in general where it's being discussed.

I know this is going against the line I'm quoting, but anyway.. that post (that you linked to by absent) is a bit OTT. When he talks about bruteforcing he basically says your password must be a random combination of different case characters and numbers, but that's silly.. if my password was, for example, cupoftea2004, the likelihood of a bruteforce program guessing that is.. incredibly low. He says "if your password is penis, you will get hacked. if your password is p3n15, you will get hacked". He's just spreading the fear! The idea of his post was to calm people the fuck down! Gah. Sorry :P

At 7/14/09 06:21 PM, BoMToons wrote: I dream of retiring rich from flash games and holding free seminars at the local community center on how to animate and program flash games.

Martin Luther King, eat your heart out.

At 7/14/09 06:54 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: I'd like to make money with Flash. But I'd like to educate at an academic level.

I wouldn't mind that either. Teaching at high school would be shit, because those kids don't want to learn. Teaching at college would be also shit, because college is just a gateway to University. I'd like to teach at University, but not as a career.. more like, if I was successful in my field then it would be nice to be able to teach. To pass on my experience. I think that's quite a common thing, especially amongst physicists >_>

And the more I look into monetising Flash outside of hock-phlegm-advertising the more problems I see. Cheat Engine, barriers to entry for the pay-to-purchase games, decompiling, revenue splits, proper payment models, server side data hosting... just far too much that can go wrong...

Stop being such a revolutionist and stick to our conventioonnnsss. Get the (metaphorical) game sponsored like everyone else, and enjoy your lump sum of cash >: P If you want to revolutionise the flash game industry, then draw up a business plan and talk to your local bank ;) You'd have to destroy the competition and you'd be pissing a lot of people off though by making most of the internets 'proper' games shareware. Shareware was never popular with 'proper' games, I can't see people taking to it on flash games especially since they're available universally over the webs.


Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 20:56:29 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:44 PM, Saza wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:38 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Dez Moines
omg that's the capital of the state I live in.
And also a song by Devil Wears Prada :)

what what what?


BBS Signature
doctormario
doctormario
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 21:21:20 Reply

At 7/14/09 03:55 PM, matrix5565 wrote:
At 7/14/09 03:46 PM, doctormario wrote: ICO/SCE rules.

Their games usually are more geared for people who like puzzle games. If you're into first person 'Left 4 Dead' style action, you would hate them.
That's a joke right? I love Left 4 Dead and Ico.

Yeah that was a joke. Generalisations are stupid. :3


BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 22:05:16 Reply

At 7/14/09 08:56 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:44 PM, Saza wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:38 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Dez Moines
omg that's the capital of the state I live in.
And also a song by Devil Wears Prada :)
what what what?
At 7/14/09 08:56 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:44 PM, Saza wrote:
At 7/14/09 06:38 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 7/14/09 05:59 PM, Saza wrote: Dez Moines
omg that's the capital of the state I live in.
And also a song by Devil Wears Prada :)
what what what?

The band Devil Wears Prada makes a song called Dez Moines, a song with a name similar to the name of the town in Iowa known as Des Moines.
It's not that hard to figure out.


Hey yo

Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-14 22:12:08 Reply

At 7/14/09 06:17 PM, Saza wrote: Does Expert+ just have double bass in it? I can do double bass on a single pedal for a bit but my foot just knackers after a bit :P

Mhm, it requires a second bass pedal, but for some songs you can do double w/out it. I can beat One with just one bass pedal on expert+

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 00:10:23 Reply

The salad I am currently eating is consisted of:
-Chopped tomatoes
-Chopped onions
- some random ass spice
- vinegar


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 00:14:12 Reply

At 7/15/09 12:10 AM, zrb wrote: The salad I am currently eating is consisted of:
-Chopped tomatoes
-Chopped onions
- some random ass spice
- vinegar

That's a very light salad.


Hey yo

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 00:14:12 Reply

At 7/15/09 12:10 AM, zrb wrote: - some random ass spice

No salad is complete without a little ...ass spice!?

hi zrb!
zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 00:34:51 Reply

At 7/15/09 12:14 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: No salad is complete without a little ...ass spice!?

Of course not, it would be unsatisfying :)

hi zrb!

Omg hi !

At 7/15/09 12:14 AM, Alpharius120 wrote: That's a very light salad.

Light ? Lightsaber. Lightsabersalad.
Yes.


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 00:40:20 Reply

At 7/15/09 12:34 AM, zrb wrote:
At 7/15/09 12:14 AM, Alpharius120 wrote: That's a very light salad.
Light ? Lightsaber. Lightsabersalad.
Yes.

Interesting play on words. I'll commend you for that.

Wakeboarding

Around one year ago I got into wakeboarding and these past two days I went to a little training session thing to learn tricks, and I must say, wakeboarding is loads of fun, and looks pretty awesome when you can accomplish a trick.
So anyone else here a wakeboarder/wakeskater/water skier or ever tried any of those?


Hey yo

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 01:44:25 Reply

At 7/15/09 12:40 AM, Alpharius120 wrote: Wakeboarding

Around one year ago I got into wakeboarding and these past two days I went to a little training session thing to learn tricks, and I must say, wakeboarding is loads of fun, and looks pretty awesome when you can accomplish a trick.
So anyone else here a wakeboarder/wakeskater/water skier or ever tried any of those?

For some reason I just read that whole post with wakeboarding=waterboarding...that was awesome.

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-15 01:48:02 Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboardi ng