New Topic Respond to this Topic
WhoknowsmeaUdiO
WhoknowsmeaUdiO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 08:13:59 Reply

At 7/13/09 07:49 AM, knugen wrote: So, the question is how I could possibly fix this within my AS? The sites who uses this JS solution are probably not many, but I hope for a relatively easy fix.

As it's the external stuff that messes it up, wouldn't it be hard to solve it internally with AS?

In case you haven't noticed yet, this isn't my main anymore. PM me here.

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 08:42:19 Reply

At 7/13/09 08:13 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: As it's the external stuff that messes it up, wouldn't it be hard to solve it internally with AS?

Depends on what the actual problem is, there might be some work-around.

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 08:47:43 Reply

Because I know a load of people keep up with Charlie Brooker, I was wondering how many other people knew he was hosting a panel show (complete with canned laughter... I expected so much better from him...) over on Channel 4. You Have Been Watching [4OD link. Might not be accessible to non-UK citizens and covered in a billion adverts], airing on Tuesdays at 10pm.

Might only be me who's out of the loop here. I've not been watching anything from Channel 4 since it's Big Brother season again...

Anyway, listening to this at work, with Charlie on his usual misanthropic form, has been good fun. Especially when they get up to the show that is effectively the entire Pirate vs Ninja meme meets Mythbusters and a LARP group. Although having looked at Wikipedia I see that they failed to actually put the Pirate up against the Ninja, possibly because the amount of hate mail they'd attract from disgruntled Internet folks would deforest most of South America...

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 11:32:10 Reply

Enough talking about glitches on NG people.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
WhoknowsmeaUdiO
WhoknowsmeaUdiO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 11:34:03 Reply

At 7/13/09 11:32 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Enough talking about glitches on NG people.

Ok. [Blank to up non-quoted]

In case you haven't noticed yet, this isn't my main anymore. PM me here.

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 12:29:15 Reply

At 7/13/09 03:39 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: Controversiality time.
So abortion, what's your views on that guys?

I am Pro-Choice. If the mother doesn't feel like she can handle having a baby, let her abort it. I honestly don't care why anyone else cares, it is purely the mother's choice and it doesn't effect anyone but her and her baby.

BBS Signature
doctormario
doctormario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 12:32:03 Reply

I too am pro-choice. It's not like I'm the head cheerleader for abortion, but government doesn't get to tell you what you do with your body. The end.

BBS Signature
SpamBurgeralt
SpamBurgeralt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 12:41:54 Reply

I'm for abortion only up to a certain time. However, I don't see why people are totally against it no matter how much time has passed. A fetus at 1 month is no more human than a sperm cell...

I'm 12 years old and what is this?

Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 12:44:47 Reply

At 7/13/09 12:29 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: it is purely the mother's choice and it doesn't effect anyone but her and her baby.

Lies. It takes two to tango.

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 12:52:00 Reply

At 7/13/09 12:32 PM, doctormario wrote: I too am pro-choice. It's not like I'm the head cheerleader for abortion, but government doesn't get to tell you what you do with your body. The end.

I agree with you. As long as you aren't hurting anyone but yourself, I don't see why the government care. I mean cmon, its my body, not yours, why do you care?

At 7/13/09 12:44 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Lies. It takes two to tango.

If the mother wants to abort, theres probably a good chance the father is outta the picture.

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 13:01:52 Reply

At 7/13/09 12:52 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: If the mother wants to abort, theres probably a good chance the father is outta the picture.

Doesn't mean it should be her decision alone. 4

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 13:33:59 Reply

At 7/13/09 08:47 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Although having looked at Wikipedia I see that they failed to actually put the Pirate up against the Ninja, possibly because the amount of hate mail they'd attract from disgruntled Internet folks would deforest most of South America...

Excuse me - these are the guys who put the Taliban against the IRA - I don't think they're worried about hate mail :P

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 13:40:10 Reply

The reason people care about time is because after the first trimester the baby is capable of thinking and brain activity. Some justify a child as sentient at this stage but not before.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
SpamBurgeralt
SpamBurgeralt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 13:48:08 Reply

At 7/13/09 01:40 PM, jmtb02 wrote: The reason people care about time is because after the first trimester the baby is capable of thinking and brain activity. Some justify a child as sentient at this stage but not before.

Yes I agree with that. What I was talking about were people who say the moment a "child" is conceived it is human, which I disagree with.

I'm 12 years old and what is this?

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 13:52:36 Reply

At 7/13/09 01:48 PM, SpamBurgeralt wrote:
At 7/13/09 01:40 PM, jmtb02 wrote: The reason people care about time is because after the first trimester the baby is capable of thinking and brain activity. Some justify a child as sentient at this stage but not before.
Yes I agree with that. What I was talking about were people who say the moment a "child" is conceived it is human, which I disagree with.

Sod that, I think the moment a cell is formed is constitutes a human. Shaving is a nightmare.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 15:31:38 Reply

Penn + Teller : Video Game Violence

Best episode they've done, funny and finally some proof that we shouldn't listen to idiots like Jack Thompson.

Abortion

Good to have a debate going :3. I think it's the parents decision to abort an embyro, i'm not sure how you would do it legally though, because if the father wants her to abort, but she doesn't want to, they aren't exactly going to restrain her and do it. And if the father wants to keep it, but the mother doesn't, then the mother yet again wins (rightly so really).

But it's not a thing that should be dealt with by law, this whole separation of pro-life and pro-abortion always confused me, why is it not a personal decision with what to do with your body (including the embyro)?

BBS Signature
CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 15:50:57 Reply

At 7/13/09 03:31 PM, Depredation wrote: But it's not a thing that should be dealt with by law, this whole separation of pro-life and pro-abortion always confused me, why is it not a personal decision with what to do with your body (including the embyro)?

Would you think its fair for one siamese twin to stab the other one in the face?

Doomsday-One
Doomsday-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 15:58:15 Reply

At 7/13/09 03:31 PM, Depredation wrote: why is it not a personal decision with what to do with your body (including the embyro)?

People are stupid; you can't trust them with their own bodies.
Obesity, suicide, drug abuse, etc.

Gah, people are stupid. This is why I'm against pro-life AND pro-choice. I'm all for pro-abortion.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 16:16:19 Reply

At 7/13/09 08:47 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Because I know a load of people keep up with Charlie Brooker, I was wondering how many other people knew he was hosting a panel show (complete with canned laughter... I expected so much better from him...) over on Channel 4. You Have Been Watching [4OD link. Might not be accessible to non-UK citizens and covered in a billion adverts], airing on Tuesdays at 10pm.

It was entertaining, but I don't think Charlie Brooker has the personality required to be hosting a panel show. He should stick to sitting on his own on a sofa, shouting at the TV (on camera of course) like his other shows.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 17:07:36 Reply

At 7/13/09 03:58 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: People are stupid; you can't trust them with their own bodies.

Yeah i understand that, i suppose there can't be seperate laws for idiots and intelligent people.

At 7/13/09 03:50 PM, CybexALT wrote: Would you think its fair for one siamese twin to stab the other one in the face?

Damn you and your complications, I'm intrigued by this now. If a Siamese twin was murdered, would it be counted as the death or 2 people or 1, there is obviously 2 consciences, but only 1 body has been actually attacked.

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 17:10:58 Reply

At 7/13/09 04:16 PM, liaaaam wrote: It was entertaining, but I don't think Charlie Brooker has the personality required to be hosting a panel show. He should stick to sitting on his own on a sofa, shouting at the TV (on camera of course) like his other shows.

I don't know - it was a show which seemed to fail in every way imaginable, yet still be completely hilarious. I'm not quite sure how - none of it seemed to work but somehow the whole thing did :/

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 17:52:51 Reply

At 7/13/09 05:07 PM, Depredation wrote: Damn you and your complications, I'm intrigued by this now. If a Siamese twin was murdered, would it be counted as the death or 2 people or 1, there is obviously 2 consciences, but only 1 body has been actually attacked.

Or if one twin hates life and wants to kill him/herself, how does that happen? Do they have to agree on it? Does the other carry a dead body on him/herself? Or one twin has to watch while the other gets fucked, or just fuck both? But what if they're ugly?

FUUUUUUUUCK
DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 18:05:17 Reply

At 7/13/09 01:21 AM, Blackfang wrote: I'm gonna leave the Lounge for a bit and find other things to do. Luis made me feel bad. Bye reg lounge, see you soon.

I swear one night a few years ago Luis drunk IMed me it was hilarious and I'll never forget it. I haven't been on this forum in months but you made me remember it. Just reading through some of these pages brings back soooo many memories :)

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 18:50:26 Reply

While we're reminissing, i was watching this movie by my dear dear paranoia and it reminded me of yesterday everytime i got on aim. actually it reminds me of comic con also. and every meetup i goto.

None

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 18:59:33 Reply

Hey awesome, I think I won something in the monthlies!

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 19:05:49 Reply

Congratulations Mr. Xeptics for your monthly win!

Hi there!

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 19:09:12 Reply

lol.

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 19:43:14 Reply

At 7/13/09 03:58 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: People are stupid; you can't trust them with their own bodies.

Why do you care if someone else is obese? Or if they commit suicide? Or abuse drugs?

Unless its someone you know personally, it doesn't affect your life at all and the only one getting hurt is the one who wants to.

At 7/13/09 07:09 PM, fluffkomix wrote: lol.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 3310

lolololololol 5'd

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 19:57:14 Reply

Good times.

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-13 21:57:40 Reply

Review my intro:
Old intro I made. Was supposed to be an intro for a flash group me and a few pplz were supposed to make.

AS3:
I was so close to using it until I found out I can't do this:

x = parent.whateverVariable;

I also tried root. >:C all i get are errors.
I'm sticking to AS2.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature