00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,201 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 19:27:47

At 12/28/09 05:32 PM, Johnny wrote:
What other kinds of stuff does everyone else do here? I'm into a little bit of everything, but would have to say that my love above all else is carpentry.

( I just drew a fire in it's place with a sharpy)

Coulda fooled me! I thought that was real fire!

But really, it looks PHENOMENAL! I couldn't ever make something like that..

I'm more into film stuff, I've made 2 short films so far for my class and so far my group is at the top of the class =D

At 12/28/09 07:04 PM, Luis wrote:
I'm also in the process of moving out of my current place and ive never realized i had so many fucking clothes. I'd say ive minimized my wardrobe by about 40% just now and theres still way too much shit... and ive not even gotten to my shoes and coats.

Hahaaah, yeah thats like 6 times more clothes than me... i'm curious as to how many NG related shirts you have :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 19:40:01

At 12/28/09 07:04 PM, Luis wrote: I'm also in the process of moving out of my current place and ive never realized i had so many fucking clothes. I'd say ive minimized my wardrobe by about 40% just now and theres still way too much shit...

your clothes would be a really cool giveaway :P .

At 12/28/09 07:27 PM, Duchednier wrote: I'm more into film stuff, I've made 2 short films so far for my class and so far my group is at the top of the class =D

good job (mind sharing them with the regs sometime?)

Hahaaah, yeah thats like 6 times more clothes than me... i'm curious as to how many NG related shirts you have :P

I only have one shirt and one pair of pants, I'm like a cartoon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 19:50:06

At 12/28/09 07:40 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 12/28/09 07:27 PM, Duchednier wrote: I'm more into film stuff, I've made 2 short films so far for my class and so far my group is at the top of the class =D
good job (mind sharing them with the regs sometime?)

I'd love to see them if you have a way of posting them as well.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 20:50:22

At 12/28/09 05:32 PM, Johnny wrote: Other stuff you do

Wow, that is so weird. I just re-did the mantle at my house as a Christmas present for my wife. Ours is a fakey flip switch fireplace, but it still came out pretty nice.

What a weird coincidence.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 20:52:46

Here's a front view of the final. BTW, the tile is travertine.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 21:17:20

At 12/28/09 08:56 PM, zrb wrote:
At 12/28/09 08:52 PM, BoMToons wrote: Here's a front view of the final. BTW, the tile is travertine.
Looks really good.
The only think I don't enjoy is the black, would've looked nice being a shade of brown.

The black fits in with our other decor pretty well. Here's a pic with all the Christmas stuff up.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 21:18:27

At 12/28/09 08:50 PM, BoMToons wrote:
At 12/28/09 05:32 PM, Johnny wrote:
Wow, that is so weird. I just re-did the mantle at my house as a Christmas present for my wife. Ours is a fakey flip switch fireplace, but it still came out pretty nice.

What a weird coincidence.

Awesome man. That looks great. Looks like we both copped out and went with primed pine (and MDF in the case of my cove molding)

She was thinking oak originally, and I didn't feel like building that damned thing in oak.

Very odd coincidence. Not only are there multiple 30ish year old carpenters on the forums, but they're both custom building mantles for their significant others in some way...

Eerie.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-28 23:28:50

This thread is 100x more awesome with the Johnny, Luis, and Nick home reno posts. <3. Johnny your work is amazing... I'm completely jealous of your talent.

I'm currently house hunting for a starter Cooney residence. My current place barely wants me mounting things to the wall and the screaming woman at 3 am next door has me wanting something with unshared walls (use your imagination for what the screaming is caused by but I'm thinking drunkenness, to be honest).

I started putting my photography up on the walls though, that's really making it nice around here.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 00:02:16

At 12/28/09 11:28 PM, jmtb02 wrote: This thread is 100x more awesome with the Johnny, Luis, and Nick home reno posts. <3. Johnny your work is amazing... I'm completely jealous of your talent.

I second the motion! I thought everyone here was all *sit at the computer all the time* and what not... but nope, ITS JUST ME! . . . and fluffkomix!

Here's the first movie our group made, keep in mind we had essentially NEVER touched video-camera's before doing this, we also didn't have training on lighting and stuff, but we totally kicked the crap out of everyone elses videos :P

Second movie isn't on youtube yet but i actually directed it :O I'll show it once its up.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 01:40:19

At 12/29/09 12:23 AM, zrb wrote: Updates :D

First picture of the first scene in the game :)
About 80% done !

I might change some colours.

looking COOOOOLLLL!!!!!

here's a first look at my new game

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 06:55:43

At 12/29/09 01:40 AM, Duchednier wrote:
At 12/29/09 12:23 AM, zrb wrote: Updates :D

First picture of the first scene in the game :)
About 80% done !

I might change some colours.
looking COOOOOLLLL!!!!!

Hmm... I'm guessing the art isn't finished yet..

Keep the dragon!

"Insert deep, brain twisting sentence here"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 07:00:22

Wow zrb I already saw a pretty neat screenshot from your game, but this is just beautiful. Usually all I see from you is just character drawings without background or effects, or backgrounds without characters. But all this combined looks fantastic. I really like where you're going with this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 08:13:49

How cool is it to find this in your mail :D

I love newgrounds...

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 08:26:59

At 12/29/09 12:02 AM, Duchednier wrote: Here's the first movie our group made,

loved it, pretty high for youtube's standards.

my game

it was also good, considering that it is kind of far from being done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 08:36:57

At 12/29/09 08:13 AM, Xeptic wrote:
I love newgrounds...

That's pretty sexy.

Wish I'd have the ability to commit to a project long enough to warrant earning myself one of those.

At 12/29/09 12:23 AM, zrb wrote: I might change some colours.

I like how the only hot colours used are on [what I assume to be] the player character. It looks cool. The harsh gradient on that one middle mushroom is somewhat distracting, though.

At 12/28/09 05:32 PM, Johnny wrote: This is its new state before final coating of paint and what not.
At 12/28/09 08:52 PM, BoMToons wrote: Here's a front view of the final. BTW, the tile is travertine.

They both look impressive. Good job, kids. I've always found any project that's too large for me to hold in my hands becomes to overwhelming for me to get to grips with.

-

Also, hi guys. Long time out of the flash forum.

D:

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 11:41:29

At 12/29/09 10:31 AM, zrb wrote: I definitely had that in mind when I was making the beams. If I can get it to not lag (which shouldn't be a problem with AS3), I will.

I wonder if you've noticed that by now your art has become better than programming. That is, you'd be eligible to partner up with someone like LeechmasterB, who is working on the programming of a polished platformer.

Have you done any animation yet?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 11:54:43

At 12/29/09 10:31 AM, zrb wrote:
At 12/29/09 01:34 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
I like your dragon :D
I'm not too fond of the buildings though, they look kinda bland D:

Yeah everything so far is in ultra-beta mode, nothing you see there is finished :P

Also i agree with whoever said you should put floaty particles in the light beams in your game, that would make it soo cool! (without it lagging that is)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 12:05:01

Wow all these talented home renovators on here. I'm envious.

Music and painting is what I do when I get a free moment, which doesn't happen as often as it should.

You can see both here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac tion=vids.individual&videoid=42879219

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 12:35:11

At 12/29/09 08:13 AM, Xeptic wrote: How cool is it to find this in your mail :D

I love newgrounds...

I just got two of those in the mail, one from July and August (it came BoMToons!). I was worried that my neighbor magically got them and never worried about putting it in my mailbox, good to hear other people received them.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 13:39:24

At 12/29/09 12:35 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
At 12/29/09 08:13 AM, Xeptic wrote: How cool is it to find this in your mail :D

I love newgrounds...
I just got two of those in the mail, one from July and August (it came BoMToons!). I was worried that my neighbor magically got them and never worried about putting it in my mailbox, good to hear other people received them.

Woo! I got mine too. I think I'm going to dedicate a wall of my office to them.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 15:42:18

I've written a little post-mortem on my last game. It turned out a bit longer than I had planned and I haven't really proofread it yet, but if you feel bored or anything give it a read.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 15:58:12

Anyone who was paying attention to the "What kind of collabs do you like" thread, where I told windowskiller to come up with something original and proposed the idea of a Monster Massacre collab,...

Yeah, gonna start that collab myself. I have a song picked out and 30 seconds storyboarded and working out the collab details. Stay tuned.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 16:03:11

At 12/29/09 03:58 PM, Johnny wrote: Yeah, gonna start that collab myself. I have a song picked out and 30 seconds storyboarded and working out the collab details. Stay tuned.

If there's gonna be really, really small parts, like 10 seconds tops or so, I might be interested. I have a bad reputation when it comes to collabs but I think I can manage something small :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 20:17:28

Tablets

I have just stolen 650 dollars from my monetary fund (that's how I call my savings), which is pretty much all I have except for a hundred bucks I got from my grandparents and I've decided I want to invest it on a tablet, so, what do you guys recommend?

I'm thinking Intuos4 8.8x5.5, but I really don't feel like spending everything I've got (checking on the internet 650 is the cheapest I could find here in Argentina) on a tablet. Bamboo Fun seems like a good option too, any ideas?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 20:37:10

My opinion...if you have never operated a tablet before I would start small to see if you are ready to blow money on a more expensive model. Might be more expensive in the long run if you end up liking your first tablet but it's really insurance for if you completely hate using a tablet... $300+ on a tablet is money!

I would start with a Bamboo in that case. The smallest one is pretty small, you might want to go size up and see if you can get in the swing of using it. I started with a Graphire 4x5 and decided I was ready to move up after using it a few years. The Graphire only cost me $90 whereas the model I upgraded to was a 6x8 Intuos 3 at $230, but I feel a lot better starting with the smaller tablet.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 21:01:41

At 12/29/09 08:55 PM, zrb wrote:
At 12/29/09 08:37 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I would start with a Bamboo in that case. The smallest one is pretty small, you might want to go size up and see if you can get in the swing of using it.
So I recommend going with a Bamboo and if you want a bigger one, move on later.

Seconded!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 21:21:44

At 12/29/09 09:01 PM, Starogre wrote: Seconded!

Thirded? I bout a 4x6, after some fighting and think a larger one would actually be more annoying.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 21:49:36

I Think Thats A Bad Idea

-Yours Truly

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 22:25:21

tablets have their purposes, but honestly...I rarely use the one I have. I am a picky bitch, and picky bitches use the mouse. I swear, the only time I use the tablet is for stuff that requires pressure sensitivity, or stuff that needs to look like it was drawn in a hurry. Don't get me wrong...I would love a Cintiq...but someone else needs to foot the bill for it. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-29 22:30:17

I'm bored. Amuse me, flashforum.

I has a candy apple... tis yummy. :3