At 2/5/09 04:55 PM, Duchednier wrote:
Am i the only one that pictured this?
Having met him in real life, I can safely say that Luis is Tseng.
Quick Survey... What's bad about Flash sites?
Okay. So a few people on my MSN list have been linked to the Flash site I'm slowly making for my (hah) portfolio. Only I'm keenly aware about the 'problems' with completely Flash driven sites. Just wanting to double check everything here... Flash sites commonly have the following problems
- Not search engine friendly
- No deep linking
- Bloated file size (no one likes a loading bar)
- Not screenreader friendly
- Require Flash to be running / No Alternative Content
- Can't work with Google Ads
- Don't work with the history buttons in the browser
- No liquid design / not looking the same on every browser
- Difficult to update
All of those I've fixed for my current site (most are simply bypassed using the SWFAddress library and the PressConnect tool for Wordpress I keep plugging, and the third and fourth one's are solved by not designing like a nimrod), but I can't help but feel I've missed some. Anyone got any other gripes with flash sites?