knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 17:21:20 Reply

Spotify

Anyone heard of Spotify? It's basically a program with which you can listen to as much music as you want for a fixed monthly fee (it's also available for free, but then there are ads, and you need an invite).

I just got a premium membership for a few months from my ISP, it looks really cool :)

UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 18:02:23 Reply

At 12/29/08 05:21 PM, knugen wrote: Spotify

Anyone heard of Spotify? It's basically a program with which you can listen to as much music as you want for a fixed monthly fee (it's also available for free, but then there are ads, and you need an invite).

I just got a premium membership for a few months from my ISP, it looks really cool :)

When you say 'listen to as much' does that mean you have to listen to it through them or can you actually download the files? :/

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 18:10:51 Reply

I was working on pink castle crashers all last week and i remember saying to myself, i wonder if there is a way to control-c this activity... like i was literally trying to find a way to clone it SOMEHOW.

anyway i failed and i did it all through manual labor. imagine that.

None

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 18:13:30 Reply

At 12/29/08 06:02 PM, UnknownFury wrote: When you say 'listen to as much' does that mean you have to listen to it through them or can you actually download the files? :/

There's a client program that you use to browse and listen to songs, and it is almost as having the songs as .mp3's on your computer because you can listen to whatever artist or song you like (and repeat as many times as you like) without having to mix it up with similar artists like on last.fm, for example :)

Also, the songs are stored on your computer, but only so that you won't have to stream them every time. They have some weird file format though, so you can't listen to them through Winamp or anything.
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 18:32:01 Reply

Extreme happiness
I got my friends to test my new game and they said, there's no challenge whatsoever. So it turns out, I lost all sense of judgement for game difficulty. This means I can basicly scratch this project and come up with something else >:(
One the plus side, it got me into a new and simple style of art.

Anyone else working on a game ?
Also, anyone gonna submit something for New Years ?

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 19:00:12 Reply

At 12/29/08 06:32 PM, zrb wrote: Extreme happiness
I got my friends to test my new game and they said, there's no challenge whatsoever. So it turns out, I lost all sense of judgement for game difficulty. This means I can basicly scratch this project and come up with something else >:(

Or you can try to make it harder. :]

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it. :]

Yes.

Probably not.

what

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 19:30:56 Reply

At 12/29/08 07:00 PM, K-Guare wrote: Or you can try to make it harder. :]

Tried, I'd have to remake most of it to do so and its not worth it.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it. :]

The new style of art was actually the one I used in that game. I posted a screenshot a while back.

Yes.

Looking forward to that :)

Probably not.

I most likely won't be able to.

BBS Signature
Holonboy
Holonboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 20:48:24 Reply

At 12/29/08 06:32 PM, zrb wrote: Extreme happiness

Good for you about the new style of art. I'm working on a game but not for New Years though.

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 20:52:19 Reply

At 12/29/08 08:48 PM, Holonboy wrote: Good for you about the new style of art. I'm working on a game but not for New Years though.

Cool.....who are you ? :P

BBS Signature
Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 20:59:07 Reply

I saw curious case, was rly great, 3 hours long and really great story.

I just saw the spirit today, now that is the most amazing movie I've seen in years. I recommend all of you to see it. I know the reviews on sites for it aren't that great but man the story was amazing. See it tmo all of ya >:)

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-29 22:53:06 Reply

Has anyone else here ever gotten the flash "scratchy sound on export" problem? I've had it in every version I've ever owned, on multiple computers and they never fixed it.

Like every now and then, randomly, large FLAs will export with horrible, ear-piercing scratchy versions of the sounds I want them to play, and it requires a whole lot of luck and restarting flash to fix the problem. It sucks cause it means on every export I have to make sure EVERY sound works right. Ugg. Pain in the ass that someone should fix.

NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 01:57:17 Reply

At 12/29/08 10:53 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Has anyone else here ever gotten the flash "scratchy sound on export" problem? I've had it in every version I've ever owned, on multiple computers and they never fixed it.

Like every now and then, randomly, large FLAs will export with horrible, ear-piercing scratchy versions of the sounds I want them to play, and it requires a whole lot of luck and restarting flash to fix the problem. It sucks cause it means on every export I have to make sure EVERY sound works right. Ugg. Pain in the ass that someone should fix.

Yah I get it all the time =( copying it to a new document and changing the bitrate seems to do the trick for me. Either way it fucking sucks. I wish they'd make the whole sound interface a little more complex and multifunctional. =\

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 02:43:08 Reply

A Cucumber, A Penis, And An Olive.

It's Joke Time.
Again...

BBS Signature
MrAbnormal
MrAbnormal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 02:52:30 Reply

At 12/29/08 08:59 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: I saw curious case, was rly great, 3 hours long and really great story.

I just saw the spirit today, now that is the most amazing movie I've seen in years. I recommend all of you to see it. I know the reviews on sites for it aren't that great but man the story was amazing. See it tmo all of ya >:)

I saw the spirit too. It was really great. I loved all of the colors and it was very funny and fun to watch. Just a great film overall.

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 11:11:21 Reply

At 12/29/08 08:59 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: I saw curious case, was rly great, 3 hours long and really great story.

I just saw the spirit today, now that is the most amazing movie I've seen in years.

I watched "Meet Bill" last night. It's one of those movies where you leave it with a bwah? Like you are not really sure what just happened for the past 2 hours. Cast is really good though, story is mediocre.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 13:38:49 Reply

At 12/30/08 02:43 AM, Rudy wrote: It's Joke Time.
Again...

I laughed.

BBS Signature
Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 18:27:23 Reply

At 12/30/08 02:52 AM, xxflareknightxx wrote:
I saw the spirit too. It was really great. I loved all of the colors and it was very funny and fun to watch. Just a great film overall.

This is a great example of how maturity affects your judgement. The spirit was actually the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Please don't waste ANY money on it.

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 18:32:59 Reply

The Day The Earth Stood Still Review

No amount of words can describe how much this movie sucks. The next time I hear the word 'change' I'm going to kill a baby.

BBS Signature
MrAbnormal
MrAbnormal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 18:55:30 Reply

At 12/30/08 06:27 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote:
At 12/30/08 02:52 AM, xxflareknightxx wrote:
This is a great example of how maturity affects your judgement. The spirit was actually the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Please don't waste ANY money on it.

Ehh... the plot and dialogue was pretty bad, but it was just cool to look at. The red black and white is cool, but you know, whatever.

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:25:55 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:09 PM, SpamBurger wrote: What? You just said it was amazing, now you're saying it sucks?

Seriously wtf ?

BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:29:51 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:25 PM, zrb wrote:
At 12/30/08 07:09 PM, SpamBurger wrote: What? You just said it was amazing, now you're saying it sucks?
Seriously wtf ?

He said it was great earlier to see if
anybody would believe him, and agree because of how mature he said it.
And it worked. :]

At least I think that's what he did...

what

BBS Signature
Gutya
Gutya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:33:42 Reply

I think he said he liked it, then read some online reviews and changed his opinion to fit in with the popular opinion.

zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:34:38 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:29 PM, K-Guare wrote: He said it was great earlier to see if

Ok ?

BBS Signature
Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:38:19 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:29 PM, K-Guare wrote:
He said it was great earlier to see if

At least I think that's what he did...

correct.

Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:39:02 Reply

Imagine an arrow moving in empty space. You note its position at a given time, then you wait a while and note the position again. This position can be noted at any number of dimensions - 3d / 2d / 1d, it makes no difference. Now assuming that the arrow has travelled a distance greater than 0, you can divide the distance it travelled by two. Now divide the distance you got by two again, again and again. You can theoretically keep on doing that an infinite amount of times on a geometrical scale and obtain infinitely small values.

But if the arrow had to pass through an infinite amount of points, does it not mean it took it an infinite amount of time to get where it is?

My brother told me about this paradox, and as I obviously disagree that whether this might be true in geometry or not, it definitely doesn't apply to reality. Is it just impossible to get an infinite amount of points between the two points? The strange thing here is when you try to "add up" all the infinitely small values you got together to get the original distance as a result. inf x 1/inf =? Where is the original distance even defined in there? Now remember im just a human n all (unlike gust) so he will probably find a flaw in my argument, i need more time to think about this, and not at 3 AM like now.

BBS Signature
Gutya
Gutya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:43:27 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:39 PM, Toast wrote: Imagine an arrow moving in empty space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_pa radoxes

K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:44:40 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:39 PM, Toast wrote: But if the arrow had to pass through an infinite amount of points, does it not mean it took it an infinite amount of time to get where it is?

Yes, because Infinity divided by any finite number (in this case, 2) is still infinity.
But theoretically you can't travel to an infinite number of points.

Haha, that was a good thinker. :]

what

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:46:30 Reply

I think it's just a problem in geometry, whether it even makes sense to divide a distance an infinite amount of times and get a practical result. it will only travel an infinite amount of time between the two points if the distance is infinite, supposing the arrow always moves. So the problem is whether there is an infinite amount of points between the two points, and why it supposedly means that it makes the distance too, infinite.

ah wait, actually what my brother said as a conclusion is not that it travelled an infinite amount of time, but that the arrow doesn't move at all,

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-30 19:48:30 Reply

At 12/30/08 07:44 PM, K-Guare wrote: But theoretically you can't travel to an infinite number of points.

Then how can you explain that you can divide the distances into an infinite set of values? Or are you saying that in our universe, there are only defined "spots" where matter can be, and not anywhere between them, thus demining the thought of infinite amount of points?

BBS Signature