00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkyonVeil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,018 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 12:41:33

At 2/4/09 12:17 PM, sucho wrote:
At 2/4/09 08:04 AM, Luis wrote: The more mature way of handling it is to just ignore it or not be bothered by it.
nobody is applauded for being mature and being indifferent...
but this isn't about getting applauds either. it'd just be something cool to have a bunch of devoted nger's help somebody out who didn't get a good chance for whatever reason. anythin' to help the newgrounds community. but this is all puffery if we can't figure out who should receive it....

Ok but if their whole aim is to annoy newgrounds they will realize what you guys are trying to do and they will purposely outbid you so that it becomes unfeesible.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 14:55:16

At 2/3/09 03:45 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Developer Play of the Day

I'm hoping this is a gag but it's incredibly frustrating to see something like this happen.

I can't escape the feeling that this is a joke, or his means of trolling a few members. From the way he's acting in the replies it doesn't seem like it's possible for him to be serious about it. You can never be sure, though.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 15:32:08

Educated to animate.

hey, i'm a grade 11 highschool kid lookingto be in the right courses so that i can have a good animation resume for after i graduate.
other than the obvious need of a artwork demo, what classes should i be in?
right now i'm taking
physics 11 - 3d animation
and drafting and design 11 - only 3d working program in my school

i haven't taken any official art courses but i have talent, i think.
what should i do?

Since we already see the world in three dimensions, I started wearing 3-D glasses around so that I could see things in 6-D... The sixth dimension is blurry and discolored.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 15:38:25

At 2/4/09 12:41 PM, Luis wrote:
At 2/4/09 12:17 PM, sucho wrote:
At 2/4/09 08:04 AM, Luis wrote: The more mature way of handling it is to just ignore it or not be bothered by it.
nobody is applauded for being mature and being indifferent...
but this isn't about getting applauds either. it'd just be something cool to have a bunch of devoted nger's help somebody out who didn't get a good chance for whatever reason. anythin' to help the newgrounds community. but this is all puffery if we can't figure out who should receive it....
Ok but if their whole aim is to annoy newgrounds they will realize what you guys are trying to do and they will purposely outbid you so that it becomes unfeesible.

outbid? i'm not contributing to buy it from HIM. a new one. the point of the whole endeavor is that 100..50.. tablets(how many were there?).. anyway 1 person received something that, by merit and enthusiasm alone, should have gone to someone else. and i'd like to support a fund to get someone a new tablet who missed out and could properly use it.

hell, it could be a joke, but it sure is a humourless one. if the whole point is to rile us up, hell! some worthy person gets a tablet and we all get to feel warm and fuzzy inside. no harm done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 15:44:36

Kongregate - they've been teasing me on purpose; I just know it. $24.50, $24.58, $24.70 etc. :(

Also, manually charting rhythm games sucks. I haven't been able to find any effective way of streamlining the task and i'm not even going to bother even approaching AS3 - for now anyway.

That is all.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 16:13:21

Speaking of Nick, someone named Nick from Mexico, sent me a really cool birthday card that arrived yesterday... i wish i knew who it was on newgrounds ........... :(

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 16:43:45

At 2/4/09 02:55 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 2/3/09 03:45 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Developer Play of the Day

I'm hoping this is a gag but it's incredibly frustrating to see something like this happen.
I can't escape the feeling that this is a joke

It's not, he said that he wasn't multiple times. This person truly is a dick.

Now we got to stop saying "Lets find someone" and actually post about a few people, OR ELSE just change the topic. Personally I don't actually know who did and didn't get a tablet and lately i've been only really forum-ing instead of portal-ing so i'm a little out of who's super mouse-talented atm.... does anybody have actual suggestions for candidates?

Also.. is this going to devolve into us paying for other peoples tablets whenever something happens? Cuz this time i'm fine with chipping in a few bucks but i don't have lots of money.. like at all..

i owe my dad 400$...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 17:01:20

At 2/4/09 04:43 PM, Duchednier wrote: Personally I don't actually know who did and didn't get a tablet

Well, here's the whole list of who got a tablet from Tom last Christmas;
1. LazyMuffin
2. Master-Samus
3. W-P-S
4. Artist-Lost
5. Falconer02
6. Anigen
7. Decade
8. TimFrommeyer
9. Night-Mare
10. Blordow
11. YungJazz
12. Five-Iron
13. FleckoGold
14. Kenzu
15. MetalMaverick
16. Fierras
17. WX
18. ChillyCheese
19. Slintas
20. Rudy
21. sucho
22. atomic-noodle
23. Zwickel
24. MRat
25. darx
26. Lazyfeet
27. M1K3-B
28. Mp3-Lock
29. TehSlapHappy
30. keicho
31. Raguel
32. Voodoo
33. Osuka
34. HLG
36. Salter Animation

And let's not forget our favorite;
35. Psi43

Whoever wants to get involved, make a couple suggestions of
who you guys think deserves one. No idea how to know weather they
already have a tablet or not, but I'll spend some time looking for possible people.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 17:11:44

At 2/4/09 04:13 PM, Luis wrote: Speaking of Nick, someone named Nick from Mexico, sent me a really cool birthday card that arrived yesterday... i wish i knew who it was on newgrounds ........... :(

He's probably not from NG, he's probably a member of your family BECAUSE YOU'RE MEXICAAAAAAAAAAAAN

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 17:12:04

Rhythm Games

Mess with computeSpectrum(). It's only in AS3, but it's pretty fucking awesome. The only thing thats annoying is that it only gives off byte arrays of the current time, so you can't know when a beat is going to come, just that it already has happened. You can make some pretty cool displays with it, if not a rhythm game.

API game

I made a little all-code game a while ago, uploaded it to DA, then forgot about it, then remembered it today. Anyone see any point of continuing it, or just let it die in peace?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 18:05:44

At 2/4/09 05:12 PM, trig1 wrote: Mess with computeSpectrum(). It's only in AS3, but it's pretty fucking awesome. The only thing thats annoying is that it only gives off byte arrays of the current time, so you can't know when a beat is going to come, just that it already has happened. You can make some pretty cool displays with it, if not a rhythm game.

Yeah, that's the main problem with my game, i can get a good visualization for the speed and rythm of any mp3, but it's impossible to get it right. The only way i've thought of is my playing the mp3 you want at a low, barely audible volume, then multiply any values you get off it. Then play the full volume mp3 5 seconds later so the data from the quiet stream coincides with the actual music.

Here's an old demo if anyone wants a look.

Newest Flash Beta Needed
Game, works with any mp3.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 19:16:46

At 2/4/09 05:11 PM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote:
At 2/4/09 04:13 PM, -Luis- wrote: Speaking of Nick, someone named Nick from Mexico, sent me a really cool birthday card that arrived yesterday... i wish i knew who it was on newgrounds ........... :(
He's probably not from NG, he's probably a member of your family BECAUSE YOU'RE MEXICAAAAAAAAAAAAN

I thought -Luis- was Cuban, Kirk_Cocaine.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 19:30:55

At 2/4/09 07:16 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I thought -Luis- was Cuban, Kirk_Cocaine.

Olschool. Fun (even though the older regs probably already know it) fact! Before Luis became TomFulp's bitch his usernames were things like "Mr-Luis" and others. He then pm'd Tom and since Luis had given Tom some fun the night before, Tom deleted the real Luis and let Luis Castanon have the account.

The more you knowww

Oh, and I got to vote for the monthly thing this month :D.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 19:31:40

At 2/4/09 05:01 PM, K-Guare wrote: Whoever wants to get involved, make a couple suggestions of
who you guys think deserves one. No idea how to know weather they
already have a tablet or not, but I'll spend some time looking for possible people.

Wait somebody's giving away tablets? I don't wanna sound greedy but mine broke before Christmas time. Anyway.

Bored! Food For The Soul STILL NEEDS A SPONSOR. Not one sponsor is answering me and we aren't submitting it unless we have no other option. We worked too hard to not get anything =(.

Anybody wanna make a game? I'm really bored and i wanna make another game. No RPG.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 20:49:43

That project of mine ain't look so good. Saved and compacted which lowered the fla file dramaticly, traveled through my control panel and tried uping my RAM, and googled and googled for answers.
My best bet is copying everything from the timeline and pasting it all in a new blank flash file, but the scene's timeline and stage doesn't even load. It's completely blank and whatever I click just makes the "Flash does not have enough memory" error message appear.
Gonna be gettin' CS4 soon and am hoping I can open the document in it and it'll magically work. If not that I panic and go back to the drawing board.

Job

Trying to get a job with Valley Television. Wish me luck! If I get a job their my career in the film business will finally start! :D
For one of the first times in my life I find myself saying "I want to work."

Sickness

Flus and colds suck extremely. Starve a flu: feed a cold. Coughing, puking, fevers, and all that horrid junk. Being sick sucks.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 21:15:47

My sig tells no lies. Anyone want to make me a sig? For some reason the Newgrounds Sig Makers either don't wanna make me one (</3) or didn't see my post.

If you actually do wanna make me one pm me or somethin.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 21:27:04

At 2/4/09 09:15 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: My sig tells no lies. Anyone want to make me a sig? For some reason the Newgrounds Sig Makers either don't wanna make me one (</3) or didn't see my post.

If you actually do wanna make me one pm me or somethin.

Cloud sigs are fairly easy to make yourself. Plus its retro

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 21:42:27

I'd throw in a few bucks if I thought the person deserved it.

But, I think it's a joke, and a hilarious one at that. Even if it's not I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 21:56:32

At 2/4/09 09:27 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Cloud sigs are fairly easy to make yourself. Plus its retro

Luis cloud!

Attempt at originality=fail.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 22:58:29

At 2/4/09 09:56 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
At 2/4/09 09:27 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Cloud sigs are fairly easy to make yourself. Plus its retro

i lol at how 3 posts in a row have cloud sigs (well 4 but 1 of them was the same guy)

wait... that means... i'm... a....

COMBO BREAKER!!!!!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 23:00:56

At 2/4/09 10:58 PM, Duchednier wrote:
At 2/4/09 09:56 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
i lol at how 3 posts in a row have cloud sigs (well 4 but 1 of them was the same guy)

wait... that means... i'm... a....

COMBO BREAKER!!!!!

not if you change yours. Cloud sigs could use a comeback

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 23:23:26

At 2/4/09 11:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
not if you change yours. Cloud sigs could use a comeback

Indeed then I wouldn't feel horribly out of date. =)

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-04 23:52:56

At 2/4/09 11:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: not if you change yours. Cloud sigs could use a comeback

I have to say it: every time I see your cloud sig, the face reminds me of Orlando Bloom. Am I alone in seeing that? Anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 00:53:00

At 2/4/09 11:52 PM, CrazyChihuahua wrote:
At 2/4/09 11:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: not if you change yours. Cloud sigs could use a comeback
I have to say it: every time I see your cloud sig, the face reminds me of Orlando Bloom. Am I alone in seeing that? Anyone?

Other people have mentioned that too. It was originally meant to resemble me (although since I made it I shaved off that half-mustache, just never bothered to update the sig)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 00:55:10

At 2/4/09 11:52 PM, CrazyChihuahua wrote: I have to say it: every time I see your cloud sig, the face reminds me of Orlando Bloom. Am I alone in seeing that? Anyone?

2'd.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 06:23:57

At 2/4/09 04:13 PM, Luis wrote: Speaking of Nick, someone named Nick from Mexico, sent me a really cool birthday card that arrived yesterday... i wish i knew who it was on newgrounds ........... :(

I was worried it wouldn't arrive at all.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 09:14:44

At 2/5/09 12:53 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Other people have mentioned that too. It was originally meant to resemble me (although since I made it I shaved off that half-mustache, just never bothered to update the sig)

good i hated that baby mustache.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 10:10:12

At 2/5/09 12:53 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Other people have mentioned that too. It was originally meant to resemble me (although since I made it I shaved off that half-mustache, just never bothered to update the sig)

Good, you can't have any facial hair and release flash. Look at Kayn.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 10:13:22

Who's offering to make cloud sigs then? Shotgun first in line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-02-05 10:23:04

At 2/5/09 10:10 AM, liaaaam wrote:
Good, you can't have any facial hair and release flash. Look at Kayn.

Or Bez.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature