JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 01:38:56 Reply

At 10/2/08 01:33 AM, Musician wrote:
This "survival of the fittest" argument is a nice concept but it doesn't really apply to this situation. These banks failing would remove massive amounts of money from the economy and would just generally decrease confidence in banks, which is something we really don't want. And the banks will not continue to fail if we regulate them properly which we weren't doing before.

I like all of the "its their own damn fault" lines going on here, personally i agree, HOWEVER, they're fucking over us friendly canadians as well! We're getting pulled down with their stupid economy and their stupid banks and its retarted. Someone saves me!!

this is lol:
Someone do reasearch on that American senator lady, (might not be a senator), but someone in the gov't or running for gov't, that is trying to pass a law that says that victims of rape must PAY for their own rape kits. (Rape kit is like a kit that tests for sti's and pregnancy and stuff idk really..). So basically, what she's trying to say is:
Oh, you've been raped? That'll be 500$

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 01:42:17 Reply

At 10/2/08 01:33 AM, Musician wrote: This "survival of the fittest" argument is a nice concept but it doesn't really apply to this situation. These banks failing would remove massive amounts of money from the economy and would just generally decrease confidence in banks, which is something we really don't want. And the banks will not continue to fail if we regulate them properly which we weren't doing before.

Right, it was errors before that led up to this, so ya we should start regulating them better now, but that doesn't necessarily mean pull the failing ones out of the hole with government money.

At 10/2/08 01:31 AM, Senti wrote: I can tell you kno what you are talking about.

and that's where you're wrong lol

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 01:55:32 Reply

At 10/2/08 01:42 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: and that's where you're wrong lol

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 01:59:34 Reply

At 10/2/08 01:42 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Right, it was errors before that led up to this, so ya we should start regulating them better now, but that doesn't necessarily mean pull the failing ones out of the hole with government money.

Well that is a legitimate opinion and I can see why you don't like the idea of these companies getting away with their sleazy business practices. But on the other hand rejecting the bailout would have had serious economic repercussions that I'm personally glad that we avoided.

I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Trunks
Trunks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 02:07:55 Reply

Banks are our survival.

Bailing out the banks for a wider, less-harsh and softened blow to the economy and the possibility of a turnaround? Yes. Good.

Right now it's nearly impossible to get financed for loans you would have been easily able to get a few years ago... granted, people were buying homes with no money down, and this is a result, but we needed SOMETHING to get confidence back up in banks. I just hope the government has another plan up their sleeve, or god help us.

Web developer, software engineer, musician, all-around nerd.

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 02:13:59 Reply

I finally beat Final Ninja. Ever since whoever posted it, I've been playing off and on. It's a brilliant game. EVERYONE PLAY UNTIL THE END

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 02:22:24 Reply

It seems like the current crisis is a result of individual irresponsibility as much as irresponsible banks. Money is a complete fabrication as it is. The united states government is 10 trillion dollars in dept, you can't even fathom what that amount of money could buy. The government doesn't even have 700 billion dollars to give. Anyway saving large banks with a "bail out" will help individuals. Don't spend the money on banks because it's there fault anyway seems like flimsy reasoning. I think acting now will mean less of a recession later, but what do any of us really know about economics anyway...

BBS Signature
NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 04:11:42 Reply

At 10/2/08 02:22 AM, Coaly wrote: It seems like the current crisis is a result of individual irresponsibility as much as irresponsible banks. Money is a complete fabrication as it is. The united states government is 10 trillion dollars in dept, you can't even fathom what that amount of money could buy. The government doesn't even have 700 billion dollars to give. Anyway saving large banks with a "bail out" will help individuals. Don't spend the money on banks because it's there fault anyway seems like flimsy reasoning. I think acting now will mean less of a recession later, but what do any of us really know about economics anyway...

Throwing out the 10 trillion dollar figure kind of takes it out of context. Our GDP was 13 trillionish in 2007 (granted with the whole sub prime mortgage crisis that's gonna change, if I'm not mistaken), therefore one can simplify it to be much more relatable. Its as if someone who makes 60 thousand dollars a year is 50 thousand dollars in debt (obviously this is an over simplification but it's a lot more accurate than leaving such a large number out there). He's f'd in the a, but, it's possible to work your way out of over time.

(let it be known I'm playing the devil's advocate and I'm not supporting the current administration or its economics in anyway.)

In terms of the bailout, I haven't a clue on what should be done, haha.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
Super-Yombario
Super-Yombario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 04:16:24 Reply

Kirk-Cocaine, what's the best way to bask in your awesomeness?

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 06:36:55 Reply

Wasim

Aint there a way to insert frames without all that rotate/skew kind of thing? I might be thinking about another feature though.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 07:16:26 Reply

Amateur Economics

At 10/2/08 12:38 AM, mexifry895 wrote:
At 10/2/08 12:37 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 10/2/08 12:33 AM, Musician wrote:
At 10/2/08 12:27 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: If you had $700 Billion, what would you do with it?
Probably prevent the greatest economic disaster since the Great Depression. You?
You mean by giving money to the bank CEOs so they can get new Ferraris?
And passing the debt onto the american public?
Let the banks crash and burn.
Capitalism. Survival of the Fittest.

I thought only cab drivers could talk with so much conviction about something they know nothing about :/

This is how it is, aight? The rich assholes at the top of these failing banks already have their bonuses and houses and Ferraris. With or without a bailout, these guys are gonna have their futures pretty much paid for. The only people really suffering if the banks fail are the normal people at the bottom of the pile who feel the effects of economic ruin.

I don't like the way that banks have been managed, but letting the biggest economy in the world collapse just to spite some CEO asshole is a little far to go to annoy someone. If you ask me, government should be using bailouts like this as an opportunity to push through a massive increase in regulation and taxation for the rich, since the illusion that they have a clue what they're doing has been pretty much shattered. Maybe a few prison sentences for the biggest offenders, too. That'd boost public confidence.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 08:24:53 Reply

CS4

Before you judge me, i've already preordered CS4, so i just downloaded it to see if my money was well spent, and i believe it was. The new animation tools are much more intuitive, the new AS is great and the 3D tool is a real time saver. All in all, very good, nice new layout as well.

Economics for Dummies

I'm not exactly up to date with all this stuff, so correct me if i'm wrong, but the way things are going at the moment, i don't think the banks in question will be able to sustain themselves for much longer. Even with a cash injection as large as $400b, they low value of the dollar will just make them slide downhill again. Again, i'm not very good with this stuff, so don't quote me on it :D.

At 10/2/08 06:36 AM, mwmike wrote: Aint there a way to insert frames without all that rotate/skew kind of thing? I might be thinking about another feature though.

You can just right click and select add all properties or something along those lines.

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 09:22:18 Reply

At 10/2/08 02:13 AM, Senti wrote: I finally beat Final Ninja. Ever since whoever posted it, I've been playing off and on. It's a brilliant game. EVERYONE PLAY UNTIL THE END

heh i posted it a long time ago. good job beating it, the first time you play it some levels are really hard. now i beat it twice and i can easily do speed-runs and beat all levels on first try.

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 10:14:55 Reply

At 10/2/08 07:16 AM, Paranoia wrote: I thought only cab drivers could talk with so much conviction about something they know nothing about :/

Lol.

This is how it is, aight? The rich assholes at the top of these failing banks already have their bonuses and houses and Ferraris.

Not all rich businessmen are assholes, they gave loans out to people with subpar credit and now because of that, our economy is tanking.

With or without a bailout, these guys are gonna have their futures pretty much paid for. The only people really suffering if the banks fail are the normal people at the bottom of the pile who feel the effects of economic ruin.

True. And not only that, the value of the dollar will lower and now the american people now have, on top of our 10+ trillion dollar debt to pay, another 700 billion. :S

I don't like the way that banks have been managed, but letting the biggest economy in the world collapse just to spite some CEO asshole is a little far to go to annoy someone.

Again, like I said, I dislike the bailout because I value the American people's economic standards as a whole.

If you ask me, government should be using bailouts like this as an opportunity to push through a massive increase in regulation and taxation for the rich, since the illusion that they have a clue what they're doing has been pretty much shattered. Maybe a few prison sentences for the biggest offenders, too. That'd boost public confidence.

Taxing the rich even more will only worsen things, like you said. It isn't government's job to get so deep into the private industry as they are right now. With all these unnecessary regulations, it is just going to make a turn around, if ever, much harder to obtain.

Also cocks.

Rofl.

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 10:24:24 Reply

At 10/2/08 10:14 AM, mexifry895 wrote:
At 10/2/08 07:16 AM, Paranoia wrote: If you ask me, government should be using bailouts like this as an opportunity to push through a massive increase in regulation and taxation for the rich, since the illusion that they have a clue what they're doing has been pretty much shattered. Maybe a few prison sentences for the biggest offenders, too. That'd boost public confidence.
Taxing the rich even more will only worsen things, like you said. It isn't government's job to get so deep into the private industry as they are right now. With all these unnecessary regulations, it is just going to make a turn around, if ever, much harder to obtain.

What? A lack of regulation is how this whole mess got started in the first place. People who have power over massive numbers of people and huge amounts of money need watching closely - that's the whole point of a Democracy.

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 10:38:48 Reply

At 10/2/08 10:24 AM, Paranoia wrote: What? A lack of regulation is how this whole mess got started in the first place. People who have power over massive numbers of people and huge amounts of money need watching closely - that's the whole point of a Democracy.

I never said NO regulation, It's just being the son of a business owner myself, I see how much red taped people like my father have to get through to start a business, it's crazy. And a taxation of 38% of your income isn't helping make the economy more prosperous because that is just less money that could be put back into the economy.

I don't have time to add more, but I'd go on my sub-par loan rant.

trig1
trig1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 10:53:41 Reply

Econologisticals

Stop it. We all know Bush is going to spend the money on a jelly helicopter or something, then all the banks will explode.

Something else

Lets talk about how you guys seem to rocket through pages, about 2-3 a day. I blame the new kids.

ie. the people who joined after I left and have no clue about, (cos it's easier to blame them).
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 11:16:24 Reply

At 10/2/08 10:38 AM, mexifry895 wrote:
At 10/2/08 10:24 AM, Paranoia wrote: What? A lack of regulation is how this whole mess got started in the first place. People who have power over massive numbers of people and huge amounts of money need watching closely - that's the whole point of a Democracy.
I never said NO regulation, It's just being the son of a business owner myself, I see how much red taped people like my father have to get through to start a business, it's crazy. And a taxation of 38% of your income isn't helping make the economy more prosperous because that is just less money that could be put back into the economy.

Small businesses are a completely different kettle of fish . It's not like if your dad's business fails it's going to take three major countries down with it. Anyway, running a business isn't supposed to be easy.

As far as taxation goes, what do you think happens to money when you get taxed? It doesn't just evaporate. It all goes back into the public sector and junk one way or another.

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 12:17:16 Reply

Looking foolish by posting a two day old link
Good news for iPhone users?

Wish I remembered about Flash on the Beach this year...

The Economy, [is] Stupid
I'm not even going to pretend I know what the hell is going on with the bail out plan. All I do know is if it ends up with Golden Parachute payments (the aforementioned Ferraris), I expect to see blood on Wall St.

Actual blood. Riot, damn you complacent Americans...

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 13:33:56 Reply

Google ads aren't giving my much money lately on my site, despite getting over 200k hits per month. Has anyone here had any luck with a different ad service?

adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 15:24:23 Reply

Well i finished my Calender entry, may wanna do a bit more to it.. Suggestions?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/021008/7 3406_ggg.jpg

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 15:48:17 Reply

Ahaha i agree wit you trig. the new comers. kick the 07-08ers! Haha.

My Game

Yeah its been postponed so many times because of school, but we are done it and now i just need to talk to a sponsor. Ill keep an update for you guys and when its submitted.

tommattox
tommattox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:01:39 Reply

adman: Very nice drawing theres just something about the colours that seem a little depressing. I think it's the way they are all not that bright or something. Other than that it's awesome.

Blackfang and trig: Oi! I only post once or twice a day. Can't wait till next year. Then I can laugh as the 08-09's get jested at.

American spelling: I prefer it. It's a lot... easier. For instance using f's instead ph's and o's instead of ou's.

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:06:58 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:01 PM, tommattox wrote: Blackfang and trig: Oi! I only post once or twice a day. Can't wait till next year. Then I can laugh as the 08-09's get jested at.

Lol i still dont like the 06-07ers. A few 06's are alright =P. 07 08 09 is fail.

sorry im harsh! im having a bad day
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:14:00 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:06 PM, Blackfang wrote: Lol i still dont like the 06-07ers. A few 06's are alright =P. 07 08 09 is fail.

If there are any '09ers they're not fail - they're leet as they come from the future.

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:22:03 Reply

I thought it was Wednesday :[

BBS Signature
Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:25:48 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:22 PM, Coaly wrote: I thought it was Wednesday :[

IT WAS WEDNESDAY LOLolololLOLOL but not anymore.

You are a melon.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:46:29 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:06 PM, Blackfang wrote: Lol i still dont like the 06-07ers. A few 06's are alright =P. 07 08 09 is fail.

I concor.

Only because i am not one of them :P.

Mercenaries 2

Anyone want to play sometime(pc)? I've not been online co-op yet, but it looks like a blast. If anyones interested, shoot me a pm.

BBS Signature
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 16:50:57 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:25 PM, SweetSkater wrote:
At 10/2/08 04:22 PM, Coaly wrote:
You are a melon.

Or some kind of cheese...

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-02 17:18:59 Reply

At 10/2/08 04:25 PM, SweetSkater wrote: You are a melon.

I'm aaaaa BaNNanAAA

BBS Signature