New Topic Respond to this Topic
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:15 AM, Ansel wrote: ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, if this particular note has not yet been covered, what do you guys eat/drink to fuel your flash work?

Chips and Salsa

Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 06:22 AM Reply

coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and candies :p

would it make me sound more manly if i said i drink beer every time i wanna do something in flash?

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 07:08 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 06:22 AM, Toast wrote: would it make me sound more manly if i said i drink beer every time i wanna do something in flash?

Nah, it'd make you sound more like an alcoholic.

BBS Signature
CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 07:08 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 9/18/08 06:22 AM, Toast wrote: would it make me sound more manly if i said i drink beer every time i wanna do something in flash?
Nah, it'd make you sound more like an alcoholic.

But a manly alcoholic.

ThaDj
ThaDj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 09:05 AM Reply

Real men only drink their own sweat!

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 09:21 AM Reply

I like my keyboard a lot because it's very thin and doesn't make noise when you click stuff, but damn, look at this keyboard at the bottom of the page: http://www.avenir-computer.com/. first i thought yea whatever, it's just a keyboard nothing special about it, and it looks ugly. but you have 12 buttons on both sides of the keyboard that you can manually program which is extremely useful for games. I always have to do crazy finger acrobatics when I play WoW because I gotta have like 30 or 40 spells with hotkeys, cause clicking is for noobs. i have all sort of crazy combinations like ctrl-Y, shift-H etc. for all you gamers out there, i really recommend you get something like that (even tho i never tried it :p)

btw look at those crazy-ass graphic cards too. im so tempted to spend all my reserve money on a beast PC

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 06:22 AM, Toast wrote: coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and candies :p
would it make me sound more manly if i said i drink beer every time i wanna do something in flash?

I drink a beer while i work during the weekends... but lately ive been hooked on wasabi coated peanuts.

None

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 09:34 AM Reply

Desperados! Beer and tequila is a brilliant combination.

BBS Signature
tommattox
tommattox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:10 AM Reply

I eat:

Cheese puffs
Salted sticks
Onion rings
Ice pops
Prawns (especially king ones)

Yum I'm hungry. And I'm not fat >:(

Hate my user name

adman you nasty bugger :P Naah I'm just messin' with you. Seriously though you don't have any capitols and theres only 1 x. People always pronounce it tom-a-tox and tomato-x and shizzle but it was originally supposed to be tom-matt-ox.

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:26 AM Reply

I drink so much tea it's not fair. I like to drink cherry coke, dr pepper, coke, irn bru, anything with bubbles, but when I cba going to tescos I just drink tea =D Eating wise I just eat a load of biscuits, makes me sound very english when all I do is drink tea and eat biscuits :p

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 11:26 AM, liaaaam wrote: makes me sound very english when all I do is drink tea and eat biscuits :p

Now you just need bad teeth :-B

IM SORRY TO ALL ENGLISH USERS READING THIS. I FUCKING GET TACO/BEANER JOKES ENDLESSLY I FEEL YOUR PAIN

None

Scuzzfest
Scuzzfest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 11:31 AM, Luis wrote:
At 9/18/08 11:26 AM, liaaaam wrote: makes me sound very english when all I do is drink tea and eat biscuits :p
Now you just need bad teeth :-B

Don't forget the scones.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:45 AM Reply

I drink:
Energy Drinks,
Coke,
Sprite,
Coffee,
Tea sometimes.

Tea

Lets give you a brief...thingy. My mothers side of the family are pretty much all quite bad lightweights when it comes to alcohol, some of them end up unable to drink more after only about one can. However my fathers side are the opposite, and most of them can drink a lot more than my mothers side.

Then at my parents wedding one of my Dad's mates did a speech and all through it he talked about beer but he replaced the word beer with tea to take the piss out of some of my mothers family, for example he would say, "Sometimes Paul would drink barrels of tea, one after another, and keep doing so for the rest of the night" apparently all of my Dad's mates and siblings were laughing their arse off and my Mums family were just sitting there looking confused.

I was reminded of it the other day when I saw a bottle of beer and that beer was called 'tea'.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 9/18/08 11:10 AM, tommattox wrote: Hate my user name

Yer i know its a bit uncalled for but it does, sorry.

Also i know it was hypocritical, but i have been wanting to change my username for a while ad just sent Wade a pretty formal pm :3

Flash Food Supply

Yer, i dont usually eat anything while making a flash creation, or only if i have something there infront of me but i dont buy food intentionally..

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 11:10 AM, tommattox wrote: People always pronounce it tom-a-tox and tomato-x and shizzle but it was originally supposed to be tom-matt-ox.

I've always pronounced it tom-mattox, and it's a fine username, adman is just being a negative nancy.

Flash Food/Drink

Flesh and blood.

or chips and gatorade, w/e...

BBS Signature
Blaze
Blaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:13 PM, Coaly wrote: Flesh and blood.

OMGZ COALY VAMPIRE.

BURN HIM!
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:33 PM Reply

IM SORRY TO ALL ENGLISH USERS READING THIS. I FUCKING GET TACO/BEANER JOKES ENDLESSLY I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Espicially because you're mexican!

Lame as fuck.
CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 09:34 AM, Xeptic wrote: Desperados! Beer and tequila is a brilliant combination.

Desparados doesn't have tequila in. Its just tequila flavoured. Tequila is definately the nicest spirit, but it still tastes disgusting, and should not be drunk unless you purely want to get drunk fast. So that being said, why would you want to drink a beer that tastes like such a horrible drink? Its about 6%, so i suppose its a fairly strong beer, but no where near strong enough to compensate for the taste.

Its all about Real Ale for me. I normally just drink lager, since its cheap and usually a high % ABV, but you can't beat Real Ale.

CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:33 PM, citricsquid wrote:
I FUCKING GET TACO/BEANER JOKES ENDLESSLY I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Are you Irish?

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Lame as fuck.

back to flash-related matters....

Speaking of things you do while you are working... do you all have mini-rituals / quirks to your way of working?
For example, for many years I would mask the whole area and work under one huge mask. I'd do it so often like i dont even notice myself doing it. I'll also always turn off every possible snapping... omg if you ever send me a file with snapping and i dont realize it until im actually drawing and 'snap' i'll have a mental breakdown and drop kick things... oh i also hate it when people send stuff with symbols named Tween 1/2/3/4/5

I'm curious if like as a programmer you find yourself writing your code in an unusual manner.. maybe you are someone who comments lines religiously... maybe you have some sort of morse code comment system.. etc

None

tommattox
tommattox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Yay go Coaly!

adman what are you planning on changing it to?

Also crumpets and cricket = English also

Also I should be making games but I've lost all motivation. Aah well I guess it's back to the old opening flash and not actually using it : /

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:51 PM, tommattox wrote: adman what are you planning on changing it to?

Just plain old adman, or admanic or II adman II

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:49 PM, Luis wrote:

Lame as fuck.
back to flash-related matters....

I always label my folders alphabetically, like A_GUIStuff, B_Backgrounds, C_Effects, e.t.c, and imported stuff starts at the end of the alphabet, like Z_Bitmaps, Y_Music, X,_SoundEffects...

It's a bit weird, but it keeps everything in order.

BBS Signature
Blaze
Blaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:49 PM, Luis wrote: I'm curious if like as a programmer you find yourself writing your code in an unusual manner.. maybe you are someone who comments lines religiously... maybe you have some sort of morse code comment system.. etc

I always tend to use dot hierarchichal (sp) notation on my symbols and folders. For example, if I've animated the walk cycle of my character "Blaze", the MC would be called "Blaze.Walk" or something along those lines. I also tend to comment my code a bit, but only on the uberly strange functions, the type that I would read the next day and NOT understand. xD

hesselbom
hesselbom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:44 PM Reply

I usually put a dollar-sign ($) infront of function arguments which you apparently are not supposed to do. :(

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 12:49 PM, Luis wrote: I'm curious if like as a programmer you find yourself writing your code in an unusual manner.. maybe you are someone who comments lines religiously... maybe you have some sort of morse code comment system.. etc

I write my code in the normal easiest AS2 way, just applying it into the symbol. I don't really comment my code much, most the time I only write simple script so I have little, or no need to do so.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 01:53 PM Reply

The quirkiest thing I do in flash is save insanely compulsively. I literally save every time I possibly can. Right after I draw a line, I'll save, right after I type a line of code I'll save, it's pretty much if I stop to think about what to do next, I am instantly saving. I don't know if anyone else saves as compulsively as I do.

As far as coding... I separate my functions with //----// and put them in alphabetical order...but that's not very quirky.

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 02:15 PM Reply

I name variables whatever comes to mind at the moment. It's like a stream of consciousness. Makes it hard to go back and troubleshoot sometimes.

broccoli=true;
snarfblat=100;
soriasis=new Array();

Blaze
Blaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 9/18/08 02:15 PM, BoMToons wrote: broccoli=true;
snarfblat=100;
soriasis=new Array();

Rofl, I used to do that. Until I had a very hard time debugging once, so now I try my hardest to restrain from it. There's always the usual "coffee:Boolean" thing. :B

adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 18th, 2008 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Quirkiest thing i do in coding is... NOT CODE D:

BBS Signature