00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,878,952 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 02:18:21

At 12/10/08 07:15 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Reg Awards

Are we gonna have them this year?

They're already going

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 03:16:18

At 12/11/08 02:18 AM, UnknownFury wrote: They're already going

Whoa, I didn't know about these!
I need to come back the the flash forum...

And Blackfang, awesome layout!
Lovin' the header.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 03:39:16

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 03:46:44

Don'tcha love it when your working on junk and random internet live sex or on chat cam sex thingys just pop up everywhere and rape your screen in tits and ass, leaving you the annoying task of closing each one boy one, and finally returning to your project only to forget where you were and what you were doin? Then take a few minutes sitting around in utter silence and peace remembering.... It's something magical. :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 04:20:18

At 12/11/08 03:39 AM, Rudy wrote: The Newgrounds Collab is REVIVED!

Horray.

I was wondering where that went Rudy! I thought you just forgot about it!
Oh, and congrats on the tablet.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 08:00:33

At 12/11/08 03:46 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Don'tcha love it when your working on junk and random internet live sex or on chat cam sex thingys just pop up everywhere and rape your screen in tits and ass, leaving you the annoying task of closing each one boy one, and finally returning to your project only to forget where you were and what you were doin? Then take a few minutes sitting around in utter silence and peace remembering.... It's something magical. :P

Man, the whole internet's a distraction. I never get any of my projects done when I have a browser open.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 09:04:15

bla bla
Oh shut up...it was late, and i don't see any reason to go on and on about random stuff just so that my post won't be short...i Say what i want and end my post there...
beatles
I love them but won't listen to them on my own...hey jude is my favorite...
newgrounds collab
good luck with that =]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:05:23

At 12/11/08 07:54 AM, BritishMoose wrote: I love Coaly in a real sort of way.

The feeling is totally mutual moosey, man we haven't talked in forever and I feel like I haven't even seen you on the forums in ages, maybe I'll sign on msn some time.

At 12/11/08 09:04 AM, patu1 wrote: bla bla
Oh shut up...

lolpatu

Um, I just noticed you're patu1, you should get tom or whoever is in charge of usernames to give you patu, it looks like it's been inactive since it was made. Then you would be even closer to being like luis!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:06:00

At 12/11/08 09:04 AM, patu1 wrote: bla bla
Oh shut up...it was late, and i don't see any reason to go on and on about random stuff just so that my post won't be short...i Say what i want and end my post there...

Then don't post at alllllll.

beatles

theres that patu spirit.

newgrounds collab
good luck with that =]

there it is again.

sorry I'm in a bad mood. Wait i wanna be patu.
srry bad mood

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:14:22

At 12/11/08 09:04 AM, patu1 wrote:
beatles

The Beatles are so awesome!
Hey Jude, Let It Be, I am The Walrus, and Lucy in the Sky with Daimonds are my favs. I also love John Lennons Imagine. :3
I have a lot of Beatles on my computer and I rememeber a time where all I listened to was The Beatles. The only band shirts I have are two Beatles ones I discouvered at a local mall. I'm quite proud of that.
Only one person I've run into in my parts dislikes The Beatles and he was from Ontario and was a metal head. But yeah... Beatles are great to listen to in almost any situation.

Oh hey BTW I'm almost done a new and probably the best Duder game yet. :)

Hurray sudden motivation and ideas. Also, I still hate programming.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:17:17

Sorry double post, buuut:

New Layout

I love it so much. I wish they would keep these awesome side things there all the time. My resolution is 1440 x 900 so it looks awesome, especially on my userpage. The picture will probably get fucked, but look!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:35:13

Google Chrome is officially out of beta now for those who cares.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:36:53

At 12/11/08 03:14 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Only one person I've run into in my parts dislikes The Beatles and he was from Ontario and was a metal head. But yeah... Beatles are great to listen to in almost any situation.

I don't think anyone REALLY dislikes The Beatles. I mean, they're not really my sort of thing but I could still listen to them and appreciate that they are talented artists and wrote good songs, even if they're not my cuppa-tea. I really only like music from like 2000 onwards though :P

New Layout

I hate my screen. I can only see half of the background.

Computing

Oh, how much of a twat I am for taking it. Worst subject ever. First, the people in the class are absolute shit. As in they lack common sense/logic and are wayyy to easily distracted. But I suppose this wouldn't be too bad with a teacher who actually knew what they were talking about as he would quickly be able to answer the pointless questions and move on. There are hundreds of examples I could give you on how little he knows but I'll use todays. We've been doing web design for a few lessons now, basic html/css. So really I just listen to my ipod and play about in flash. After a few questions he couldn't answer about basic css we moved on to practical work (I didn't bother). Then he thought he'd try to explain classes in css. The code in the booklet was something like:

.class1 {
color: red;
}

<div class="class1">This text is red</div>

But he didn't even know what the div tag did. Come on.. how can you teach it without even knowing that? I swear he just does a 5minute google before each lesson. Not only that the booklet was poor as hell, teaching those new to HTML all sorts of bad practices. It didn't close any tags. Instead of, for example, <br /> it would do <br />. With the exception of the meta tags which were probably just copied and pasted by the looks of them. Gahhhhhhh.

End rant

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 15:44:33

At 12/11/08 03:35 PM, hesselbom wrote: Google Chrome is officially out of beta now for those who cares.

Shit really? Do they have a OSX version yet?

*updating*

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 22:34:38

At 12/11/08 03:17 PM, Blackfang wrote: Sorry double post, buuut:

New Layout

I love it so much. I wish they would keep these awesome side things there all the time. My resolution is 1440 x 900 so it looks awesome, especially on my userpage. The picture will probably get fucked, but look!

I agree, my monitor is not the widest but i still see it and its like WOOT!
Question: on the right hand side what does it say on the furnace? "Newgrounds somethingorother"
the 2nd word confuses me :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-11 22:52:30

At 12/11/08 10:34 PM, Duchednier wrote: I agree, my monitor is not the widest but i still see it and its like WOOT!
Question: on the right hand side what does it say on the furnace? "Newgrounds somethingorother"
the 2nd word confuses me :P

It say "Newgrounds" and below it "Est. 1999"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 00:30:29

At 12/11/08 10:34 PM, Duchednier wrote: the 2nd word confuses me :P

Established

N00b

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 06:21:03

At 12/11/08 03:36 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Computing
But he didn't even know what the div tag did. Come on.. how can you teach it without even knowing that? I swear he just does a 5minute google before each lesson. Not only that the booklet was poor as hell, teaching those new to HTML all sorts of bad practices. It didn't close any tags. Instead of, for example, <br /> it would do <br />. With the exception of the meta tags which were probably just copied and pasted by the looks of them. Gahhhhhhh.

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit? A computing teacher who doesn't know what div is? :/ Damn that must really suck, I see many people here on the reg lounge talked about just listening to music and messing around with flash during computing classes because it's so crap.

I hear liam took a c++ course in college, how is that compared to computing classes in school?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 07:39:12

At 12/11/08 03:36 PM, UnknownFury wrote: rant

Wow, web design is included in computing now? That's ridiculous :p I did both Computing and ICT at college (because I'm ubernerd) and computing was very shit, the teacher trying to teach us BASIC with only a basic grasp of the crappy language himself.. the lessons might have been ok if the teacher wasn't so bad >.> ICT was awesome because the 2 teachers I had were awesome, the 1st (1st year) just told us what to do and then let us get on with it, asking for help if we need it but generally just playing flash games on his pc and sticking films on the projector, and in the 2nd year that teacher had a less relaxed approach but was still a cool guy and we all had fun in lessons. The web design aspect of ICT was good, everyone walking past me "soo liam... about flash.. sex 4 achtunskript?"

At 12/12/08 06:21 AM, Toast wrote: I hear liam took a c++ course in college, how is that compared to computing classes in school?

It's at uni, and video game programming.. we just get taught C++ as the main language and we have other modules (hardware, etc) too. It's not bad, a bit slow for me because I know 98% of what we've been taught so far, but it has definitely helped me improve. The whole uni experience (work wise) is awesome compared to college.. so much more relaxed, I love that :) Problem is for some it's too much of a drastic change (personally I was totally unmotivated in college so it's actually a step up here) that they suck balls here. So many people sucking ass at doing a simple console based connect 4 game in C++, blaming it on them knowing BASIC, PASCAL, etc when really it's because they're too fucking stupid to pick up C++. I know several languages and I know it's easier to pick up another programming language after already knowing one >.> And C++ is an easy one to pick up.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 12:13:09

At 12/12/08 08:06 AM, 25272D wrote:

:To be a teacher in britain, you don't need anything. I've been doing web development in my freetime for maybe 2 years now, my "Skills" (lmao) outstrip my teacher easily. It makes sense though; technology is ever evolving, my teacher is ~40, when he got his degree and what not, web development was nothing of what it is today, which is why ALL IT teacher suck. We had one in high school, he actually knew his shit, but the school system here is wank so he left and now teaches in Switzerland for loads more money :D

Sounds way to much like my high years in IT there. I actually taught the grade 12 class from time to time. I'm so glad my tech school isn't that bullshit again haha.

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 12:33:02

At 12/12/08 06:21 AM, Toast wrote: Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit? A computing teacher who doesn't know what div is?

Nope, no exaggeration whatsoever. He even said "if anyone gets a chance between now and next lesson maybe you can find out what it is and tell me next lesson", or something to that effect. I've given up putting my hand up or anything now though. The only good thing about computing is learning all the theory and hardware sort of stuff. Although the teacher doesn't really teach me anything (as I don't trust what he says at all), the book which we fill in has headings and stuff and I'll just read through the textbook to ensure I know everything on the sylabus, then if I want to know more go on the internet.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 15:29:54

At 12/12/08 08:06 AM, 25272D wrote: It's a joke really, they teacher such bad practices, UPPER CASE tags and they encourage the use of WYSIWYG, my teacher is only there for the money, by his own admission.

Hey i got a joke for you, and all the other programmers.

What did the nerdy programmer say to the girls at the beach
who were marveling over other guys' tanned six packs?

"Hey, i got atan2!"

BAWHAHAHAWHAHAAH. :]

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 15:56:31

Congrats to Rudy and now Corey Griffin for getting tablets!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 15:57:32

At 12/12/08 03:56 PM, BoMToons wrote: Congrats to Rudy and now Corey Griffin for getting tablets!

And Night-Mare >:C

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 16:58:24

At 12/12/08 03:56 PM, BoMToons wrote: Congrats to Rudy and now Corey Griffin for getting tablets!

Thanks :) i checked from my phone (since i was at school) and i started running around yelling :D i couldn't believe it.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 17:36:40

College

YAY!!! I just accepted to University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering early decision. Penn is only 10 miles from the NG HQ so maybe next year I will go visit Tom. Anyone on ng go to penn?

Games|1|2|3| Movies|1|2|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 19:37:04

Made a new game.

: Shameless advertisin' to friends.

I can't believe it's done... I haven't got somethin' done in so long. :O
Pardon me as I order myself a victory pizza.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 19:50:35

Tip of the Day
Never invite your guy friend over, and a girl friend over that like one another and have a few beers. I face the consequences of them being all over each other, and making out in my bed as I sit here typing this. I suppose it's better than fucking each other but still, it's only the beginning and it's 8 o'clock, we got until 12 o'clock -- Oh god.

Wish me luck.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 19:53:53

At 12/12/08 07:50 PM, Rudy wrote: Wish me luck.

Shan! You're own fault really :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-12 19:55:55

any of you guys hear about the virus that was developed for mac pc's?
unlucky mac users!
lmao but srsly, i found out at college today and the masterminds hit apple themselves first to test it out and got through the fire walls
and my whole department at college is run on macs...
yay more software to slow the crappy things down even more...
extra padded virus software, i bet the technicians will go overboard and installl like 2 or 3 anti-virus softwares to the server, JUST IN CASE, yeah...

anyone else hear of this new virus?
i myself am quite happy that now all the smug bastards who use mac and say "were virus free" have now been infected (or have the potential to be infencted)

welcome to the world of corrupt system32 :3