• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 05:53:27 Reply

How to make the line look better

Thanks, I'll try that out in a bit. Next up is ragdolls! :D

I make flashes because I can.
PM me for anything flash or web related or visit my blog!!

BBS Signature
Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 07:54:39 Reply

At 9/7/08 02:41 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
It works like a charm, and is a great way to make an illusion of a rope without actually using any rope physics.

Thing is glaiel, the rope in aether isn't all that easy to use. It's really weird that by pulling up and going in one directin, you would actually swing that way. The game was nice and all, but those silly faux physics made it really hard for me to grasp the controls, more so on the planets than in space.

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 08:08:03 Reply

At 9/7/08 05:53 AM, RyanPridgeon wrote: Thanks, I'll try that out in a bit. Next up is ragdolls! :D

I've heard they're hard, good luck. I think a while ago I saw a thread that explained them a bit, not an AS: Main topic, someone asking for help I think.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 09:57:25 Reply

Had the house to myself for the entire night. I tried callin' friends over but, everyone was busy or "might" come over. Ended up getting drunk by myself for the first time and became quite sad, depressed, and violent. An alarm wasn't turned off so I woke up at 6:30 am with 6 hours of sleep (around 12:00 I passed out on my bed mumbling about my hatred for life at the moment.)

Now I sit here, still alone, hung over, dry, with no friends, and simply just waiting for people to come home only for me to continue to sit here...

I've realized simply acting nice and happy all the time isn't good enouph for me. I've been forcing myself to be positive since the end of July, ignoring the bad, fixing drama quick without fully fixing it, and overall lieing to myself, my feelings, and my heart. Acting like this can bring you happyness and make you loved, but it's not the kind of happyness and love I'm after.

I have a good hobby, I'm fine with my life, I'm in Uni and "going somewhere", I have lots of friends and lots of places to chill... but I still don't have the one thing that matters to me - someone who I can hold at night, someone who I can talk to about whats bugging me, someone who says "Everythings gonna be okay." to me for a chance.

Yeah I smoked some resin I scrapped from one of my bowls here and had to get these feelings out and this forums always helped. :3

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 10:04:07 Reply

At 9/7/08 09:57 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: but I still don't have the one thing that matters to me - someone who I can hold at night, someone who I can talk to about whats bugging me, someone who says "Everythings gonna be okay." to me for a chance.

If it's any comfort to you, you'll always have us <3 everything's gonna be okay

except you can't hold us at night :p

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 10:12:30 Reply

You'll find someone, duder. Its just a mater of time as with most things. Get out there and find her, sir. Or him if that's what you truly desire ;) There is no point lying to yourself and your feelings, its just gonna backfire and you're gonna end up feeling worse like you have. I know this from experience. Now my best friend tends to do it. She tells, me shes fine when shes clearly not and I know something like what happened to you will happen and I hate it. But back on topic, THE GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS IS WAITING FOR YOU MR DUDER! GET OUT THERE AND FIND HER. She'll like you, even without a mullet :3

Dunno if you guys noticed my absence for 2 or so weeks, that was due to relationship troubles and I couldn't be bothered with flash or NG. But it actually did me good as I've been working harder on my sites and flash more than before ;D

</emo>
hesselbom
hesselbom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 10:29:13 Reply

At 9/7/08 05:53 AM, RyanPridgeon wrote: Thanks, I'll try that out in a bit. Next up is ragdolls! :D

Here's a great article about Advanced Character Physics needed to make a ragdoll: http://www.teknikus.dk/tj/gdc2001.htm

From that alone I learned the basic logic behind physics. If you look on my first post on this account you can see how it went with my first experiment after reading that article. Good luck!

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 11:07:08 Reply

I feel loved. C:
Thanks a shitload. Ya cheered me up. ^^

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 11:14:11 Reply

Here's a great article about Advanced Character Physics needed to make a ragdoll: http://www.teknikus.dk/tj/gdc2001.htm

From that alone I learned the basic logic behind physics. If you look on my first post on this account you can see how it went with my first experiment after reading that article. Good luck!

you have got to be kiddin me :)

JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 12:15:33 Reply

At 9/7/08 11:14 AM, funkycaveman wrote:

From that alone I learned the basic logic behind physics.
you have got to be kiddin me :)

Its funny cuz he's not!

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 13:03:19 Reply

At 9/7/08 11:07 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: I feel loved. C:
Thanks a shitload. Ya cheered me up. ^^

You should feel loved cuz we all love you!

Not as much as when you had the mullet but...Hah :P.

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 13:33:28 Reply

At 9/7/08 10:29 AM, hesselbom wrote: Here's a great article about Advanced Character Physics needed to make a ragdoll: http://www.teknikus.dk/tj/gdc2001.htm

That looks great, when you post more work PM me a link.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
RyanPridgeon
RyanPridgeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 13:46:54 Reply

Pff, duder, you think YOU have problems..

Today my parents decided that i'm not good enough for them. I got decent results in my GCSEs, but they seem to think i'm a failure. Apparently an A* , 2 As and a million Bs is not good enough, so now I ended up getting angry, and I'm moving out.

Im sick of shit, and i cant stand it any more. I think im gonna have to scrape some money together and try to hold out through my A levels.

I have 2 months before I turn 17. 2 MONTHS.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 14:46:34 Reply

At 9/7/08 07:54 AM, Coolio-Niato wrote:
At 9/7/08 02:41 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
It works like a charm, and is a great way to make an illusion of a rope without actually using any rope physics.
Thing is glaiel, the rope in aether isn't all that easy to use. It's really weird that by pulling up and going in one directin, you would actually swing that way. The game was nice and all, but those silly faux physics made it really hard for me to grasp the controls, more so on the planets than in space.

? What do you mean that pulling up makes it hard to use? All the controls are up makes you move up (if there's gravity it basically reduces the effect of gravity), down makes you move down, and left and right make you move left and right. Then the rope pulls you in. I really don't see how that's a weird funky control scheme or anything..... Any suggestions for future development though?

RyanPridgeon
RyanPridgeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 14:57:36 Reply

Meh, I guess nobody at all cares about me...

I can tell I'll be a hobo.

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:02:59 Reply

At 9/7/08 02:57 PM, RyanPridgeon wrote: Meh, I guess nobody at all cares about me...

I can tell I'll be a hobo.

I care about you. My parents weren't happy with my results either despite getting all As except a B and a C. And they often tend to disapprove of whatever I do, but moving out? Is it that bad? Surely there is more to it than just the results thing. Have you spoken to them about you moving out? Do you have a friends house you can stay at?

MrAbnormal
MrAbnormal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:06:16 Reply

I got to the cock and balls!

RyanPridgeon
RyanPridgeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:07:02 Reply

At 9/7/08 03:02 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Surely there is more to it than just the results thing.

Yes. Much more I don't want to talk about.

Have you spoken to them about you moving out?

It was their idea.

Do you have a friends house you can stay at?

Yeah. But I don't like imposing.

Thanks anyway D:

BBS Signature
TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:16:10 Reply

I'm the son of a cochead-biker and a hippy that did a lil' too much LSD and got HPPD... don't even get me started. lol

Anyway....... I wish I could give every NG character and NG series character a hug and a beer right now. I was bored and just realized how much I love NG again.

I might give 'em some acid too... I would love to slip 2 hits in Foamys coffee... that get him really talking. >:3 Hehehehe.

BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:19:35 Reply

At 9/7/08 03:16 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: I'm the son of a cochead-biker and a hippy that did a lil' too much LSD and got HPPD... don't even get me started. lol

Anyway....... I wish I could give every NG character and NG series character a hug and a beer right now. I was bored and just realized how much I love NG again.
I might give 'em some acid too... I would love to slip 2 hits in Foamys coffee... that get him really talking. >:3 Hehehehe.

I totally agree with you. Imagine Dad (Dad n' Me) getting totally wasted and just slaughtering everything. The wasted tankmen then try to fight him off using their weapons which they can't aim, so they kill everyone to. That'd be awesome. And I went to your website and it told me I can meet Naughty Women in my area. Booya

Hey yo

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 15:35:18 Reply

At 9/7/08 03:06 PM, xxflareknightxx wrote: I got to the cock and balls!

Same 'ere! You've kinda just gotta angle up as high as you can, double click straight up to shorten the rope, and repeat till you're at the entrance.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 16:02:52 Reply

At 9/7/08 03:06 PM, xxflareknightxx wrote: I got to the cock and balls!

Haven't we all?

BBS Signature
RyanPridgeon
RyanPridgeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 16:50:37 Reply

Oh god my game is popular!

:D

Im gonna make it into a full blown game if it's this fun :P

BBS Signature
Alpharius120
Alpharius120
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:05:37 Reply

At 9/7/08 04:50 PM, RyanPridgeon wrote: Oh god my game is popular!

D
Im gonna make it into a full blown game if it's this fun :P

Do it. Just actually have a point. And keep in the cock and balls, and you go to that to beat the level and it ejaculates you to the next level.

Hey yo

tommattox
tommattox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:09:04 Reply

Wow just downloaded Google Chrome and it's rather "spiffy" (well anything would seem "spiffy" since IE is the only other browser I've ever used : / ) IE7 stopped working and begun taking 5 minutes to load each web page so I (after 10 minutes of waiting) downloaded Chrome :D I must admit I like it.

Nice game Ryan ^^

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:24:55 Reply

after a discussion about hacking my school's database so i can go to another class, my brother sent me this link. it's basically comics made for programmers. people who have never done any programming or never used a computer might not understand all of it.
http://xkcd.com/327/

i thought it was pretty funny so i started reading more. there's a lot of them i didn't even understand, but some of them are just so hilarious. i recommend u guys to read it too.

http://xkcd.com/249/

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:35:57 Reply

extreme kansas college of dentistry

At 9/7/08 05:24 PM, Toast wrote: i thought it was pretty funny so i started reading more. there's a lot of them i didn't even understand, but some of them are just so hilarious. i recommend u guys to read it too.

xkcd is one of those comics that can end up being hit or miss on an every update basis. Seeing as Randall is an ex-NASA scientist, a lot of the jokes can and do fly over people's heads. But then again, there's plenty of comics there that touch on completely non hard-scientific things (there's a lot of philosophy and romance stuff there, as well as a lot of pure net humour).

Should be in everyone's RSS feed, just in case it ends up being on a topic you don't have to Wiki to learn the theory behind

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:41:16 Reply

Yeah, XKCD is good, albeit old now. I get my web comic kicks off on amazingsuperpowers, it's so dark I love it.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 17:41:47 Reply

web browser
I've been using firefox for a long time. I downloaded google chrome when it came out and so far it looks good, except some small glitches and annoying things. I like what they did with the web adress bar thuogh.

comics
I actually don't read web comics very often, and now I feel like I should. I guess the type of web comics I should read would be something related to gaming, internet, or other nerdy things. if you guys have anything to recommend ill have a look at it.

also:
http://xkcd.com/331/ lol

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-09-07 18:42:27 Reply

At 9/7/08 05:35 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: extreme kansas college of dentistry
At 9/7/08 05:24 PM, Toast wrote: i thought it was pretty funny so i started reading more.
Should be in everyone's RSS feed, just in case it ends up being on a topic you don't have to Wiki to learn the theory behind

I've got a strange urge to join a contented protest :/

BBS Signature