00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,699 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 08:57:55

At 8/5/08 08:16 PM, J1mp wrote: Yes, hes tossing baby lambs.

I thought it was going to be some sick film then :D. Anyway, looks awesome so far, did you get my pm?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 09:29:12

Productivity Day Thoughts

I was quite pleased with yesterday, i feel somewhat optimistic that this thread is finally going in the right direction. Maybe we should make a habit of taking one day out of each month to just post updates and other shit ... although you are always be welcome to post things youre working on.

I guess sometimes you feel more like sharing when you see other people around you doing it as well.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 10:04:10

Productivity Day - Thoughts

I agree with Luis on the idea of having it every month or so, but I think starting September, we should have it on weekends, because it will allow for those of us with school to really take part.

1234!
Sweet, now the next ones we have to reach---

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 10:04:45

At 8/6/08 09:29 AM, Luis wrote: Productivity Day Thoughts
Maybe we should make a habit of taking one day out of each month to just post updates and other shit.

Why settle for less than we can? I think if we made this a habit of one day a week (yes I said it) we would accomplish things way beyond our expectations! =)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 10:08:55

i agree, productivity day is a great idea. (although i didn't do anything productive yesterday). It doesn't really need to be a day though, people should just post their work more often. If you look at the last 50 pages or so before productivity day there's really not many posts about flash work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 11:34:07

OK well i just bought this XboxLive Arcade Game called Braid, and its an awesome game but so confusing. Srsly its all about time manipulation and trial and error, the game lets you lose so you can try again, if that makes any sense, so you can go backwards in time whenever you want. But every world has a different way of manipulating time and its so freaking hard, the aim of the game is to collect puzzle peices but its so hard to get them! People should really check it out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 11:39:40

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image =knighths0.swf

Tis what i have been working on in the past while. The plan is lots of weapons. Lots of enemies. Good backgrounds. Destructable environments. All that good stuff.

Change weapons: 1-7
Movement: WASD
shoot turret: E
Click E. Then click to shoot the turret.

Obviously needs alot of work. Tell me whatcha all think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 11:45:44

I did not do anything for productivity day and only just worked up the courage to post in case you all want to murder me.

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 11:45:59

At 8/6/08 11:39 AM, 23450 wrote: Tell me whatcha all think.

nice work. i love the shooting. the character movement is good as well. The jumping bugs me a bit.. the way the squat before the jump takes a bit long.. in fast and furious battle i can see that becoming really frusterating... maybe you can tweak that so that its less emphasis on that?

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 11:48:12

At 8/6/08 11:45 AM, Luis wrote:
At 8/6/08 11:39 AM, 23450 wrote: Tell me whatcha all think.
nice work. i love the shooting. the character movement is good as well. The jumping bugs me a bit.. the way the squat before the jump takes a bit long.. in fast and furious battle i can see that becoming really frusterating... maybe you can tweak that so that its less emphasis on that?

Yah. Would work alot better for a game that was slower. I just liked it because it actually looked like he jumped. Looks like his legs actually put in the power to jump that height. I'll see what i can do about speeding it up though. And speeding up character speed overall. Tis a bit sluggish.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 12:01:06

At 8/6/08 11:48 AM, 23450 wrote: Yah. Would work alot better for a game that was slower. I just liked it because it actually looked like he jumped. Looks like his legs actually put in the power to jump that height.

I agree, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of better playability. Maybe you can keep it as is and just have to modes of jumping maybe if you hold down jump it triggers that jump where its higher and puts more umph into it.. where as if you tap jump its a quick leap.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 12:18:32

At 8/6/08 12:01 PM, Luis wrote:
At 8/6/08 11:48 AM, 23450 wrote: Yah. Would work alot better for a game that was slower. I just liked it because it actually looked like he jumped. Looks like his legs actually put in the power to jump that height.
I agree, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of better playability. Maybe you can keep it as is and just have to modes of jumping maybe if you hold down jump it triggers that jump where its higher and puts more umph into it.. where as if you tap jump its a quick leap.

I think it's definately a good idea to drop the animation for sideways jump - it'll work really well for a strung, upwards jump, but you don't want to break the momentum when you're already moving in one direction.

Really sweet engine, btw. I love the camera movement.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 12:19:36

I'm creating a nice little Sol%u0449 project for myself. To improve on Cinematography and facial expressions. Oh yes, also angles. Actually it will be my first time using angles.

Title: Castle 3 Tribute: Runaway.

Starting Date: 4th August,2008.

Theme: Horror.

Description: It's basically going to be a Tribute to Castle 3. I'm sure most of you have seen it. A man wakes up in the Castle. He doesn't know where he is but he is a soldier. There are zombies in the castle. There is a gun on the floor and a grenade...

Author Comments: It's going to be hard work for me to make it as nice as possible. It's my first flash animation in 3 months. I hope it to be good after all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 13:04:25

At 8/6/08 11:39 AM, 23450 wrote: http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image =knighths0.swf

Tis what i have been working on in the past while. The plan is lots of weapons. Lots of enemies. Good backgrounds. Destructable environments. All that good stuff.

It's really neat, especially walking on top of the boss enemy =) I agree with luis about the long wait for jumping, after you click up the most frames you should wait before it actually jumps should be 2. I kept running into one glitch tho where when i jumped at a wall it would sometimes make me fall through the floor =( It happened twice, once on each level.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 13:28:22

At 8/6/08 01:04 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: It's really neat, especially walking on top of the boss enemy =) I agree with luis about the long wait for jumping, after you click up the most frames you should wait before it actually jumps should be 2. I kept running into one glitch tho where when i jumped at a wall it would sometimes make me fall through the floor =( It happened twice, once on each level.

I dont believe im making him a boss. Just a less commen enemy that crashes through the wall. Imagine how big the boss's are going to be. : )

And that glitch. Never heard of it before now. And i cant seem to recreate it. But i think i know the problem....thanks for the heads up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 14:30:04

At 8/6/08 06:48 AM, UnknownFury wrote: 1234 :)

Mandatory picture and music video.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 15:30:32

First Non-Artistic Screenshot 1: http://img79.imageshack.us/img79[IMG]/29 39/nonartisticscreenshot1ad0.png[/IMG]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 15:32:10

At 8/6/08 03:30 PM, New General wrote:

First Non-Artistic Screenshot 1: http://img79.imageshack.us/img79[IMG]/29 39/nonartisticscreenshot1ad0.png[/IMG]

God damn it. I messed up.. *facepalm*

Okay: http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2939/no nartisticscreenshot1ad0.png

And how do I edit my posts?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 15:50:52

Wa-hey

I was thinking of making a music video for this. Either that or maybe...
this?

What do you think?

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 15:51:26

Wow some really cool looking things posted yesterday. I didn't have the highest expectations of what to see but viewing today really reassured me that this place has quality.

Knugen, your mine sweeper game looks cool, It got me thinking about ways you could improve or twist the mine sweeper format. What about actually having a 'mine sweeper' go out there to clean it up? It could be a little soldier guy who you gotta run around the area without stepping him on a mine.. BUGSY MY IDEA.

British Moose - quality. That was very good. It's cool how watching that I know and can tell you are the one who's animated it. I think the walk cycles were very nice. I posted the other day saying how I wish I could make more 'animated' walk cycles ... your's here really got what I meant. They are very animated characters, er, expressive characters.

Depredation. I'll help you if you want. At the mo i'm quite up for assisting an actionscripter on something rather than being team leader myself. I'll PM you too.

J1mp - That looks class. Good job. Yes and No to your question regarding whether the image looks to flat. It does a little.. but I really like it as it is. It's very what I think of as 'cardboard-like'. It's like thin cardboard ontop of one another moving about. I really like it and I think simple-but well worked shadows would make the UI stand out enough for the clouds to retain. The UI being in the cloud was one of the stand out things I noticed looking at your image.. so although yes Luis makes sense in what he's saying it does look unique and fits. Your sprites remind me a little of Kenney's, I think perhaps because you don't use lines all to much.

AdMan - pretty cool sprites man. Keep it up. Your run cycle is simple but keeps with the style of the whole thing.

Lu - The guy glides a little as he's walking. Get it fixed son. Poor effort.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:10:06

At 8/6/08 03:50 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 8/6/08 03:32 PM, newgeneral wrote: And how do I edit my posts?
The button next to "Quote".
Wait no, it's next to "Reply".

Post last edited by citricsquid at 3:52 AM, 8/6/08.

It's not, wait... are you pulling a joke on me?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:11:19

At 8/6/08 04:10 PM, newgeneral wrote: It's not, wait... are you pulling a joke on me?

he is, you cannot edit posts on NG forums ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:12:32

At 8/6/08 03:51 PM, Mogly wrote: Lu - The guy glides a little as he's walking. Get it fixed son. Poor effort.

Yea i'll have to fix that. nice one.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:12:41

At 8/6/08 03:50 PM, citricsquid wrote: The button next to "Quote".
Wait no, it's next to "Reply".

Post last edited by citricsquid at 3:52 AM, 8/6/08.

lol!! that was brilliant

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:13:15

At 8/6/08 04:11 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 8/6/08 04:10 PM, newgeneral wrote: It's not, wait... are you pulling a joke on me?
he is, you cannot edit posts on NG forums ;)

Well I must say. That's absolutely rubbish. How can you not edit posts?

Do I have to double post if I forget to add some information? EH?

It will be better if members could actually edit their own posts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:15:36

At 8/6/08 04:13 PM, newgeneral wrote: It will be better if members could actually edit their own posts.

The problem is that we cannot in general be trusted, the percentage of people that would abuse such a feature would be far too great.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:43:49

23450, that was very cool. Like was said though, the jump thing seems like it'd get annoying.

Wolfears, good luck making a music video of a Dragonforce song :P That's gonna have to be a powerful video.

Productivity day

It would be very cool to have it once a week, I think. I didn't get to post anything, but I actually got some work done, and it looks like lots of others did too. It's also inspiring to see what everyone else is working on and to get comments on your own work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 16:52:55

At 8/6/08 04:43 PM, CrazyChihuahua wrote: Productivity day

It would be very cool to have it once a week, I think. I didn't get to post anything, but I actually got some work done, and it looks like lots of others did too. It's also inspiring to see what everyone else is working on and to get comments on your own work.

I also thought Productivity Day was also very...Productive. Having it once a week wouldn't be too bad, and it would defiantly cut down my posting once a week :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 17:14:27

RE: Productivity Day

I would mind doing it once a week, or once every two weeks (I don't care too much about the frequency, we should just do it every now and then). It's interesting to see what everyone is up to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-08-06 17:54:14

:At 8/6/08 05:14 PM, Xeptic wrote:

RE: Productivity Day
I would mind doing it once a week, or once every two weeks (I don't care too much about the frequency, we should just do it every now and then). It's interesting to see what everyone is up to.

there was no rule that says you cant share your stuff on a weekly, even daily basis. Matter of fact I'd encourage it. If anything the Productivity Day was more of a placebo, in reality you had the power to have it be productive day anyday.. mapping out a specific day was just to make it tangible and challenging i guess... anyway we could always make it the 1st and 15th of every month people are encouraged to share/update on stuff.. sort of like a month and mid month check-in.

Doing it weekly might be too overwelming for people.. especially those that like to spam this forum CITRICSQUID.

None

BBS Signature