Vengeance
Vengeance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 08:18:24 Reply

NG-Unit
Seriously, stop spamming so much. You don't need every second post in the reg lounge to be by you... Its really getting over the top and annoying. Sure we get it, you like to comment on every topic that enters the lounge. But seriously, stop using it like its an instant messenger. Its like, I come on to check if there's any topics worth talking about and have to sort through 3 pages of your boring, short, annoying spam posts.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 08:31:59 Reply

Animation Books

At 4/17/08 07:43 AM, PaperBagMask wrote:
From what jtmb02 said it sounds like its helpful and worth having a look and from Luis it sounds like I shouldn't really stick to the rules that it puts out.
So I reckon I'll just go get it sometime soon.

I was thinking of buying The Illusion of Life, which is also a good read from what I've heard. Ollie Johnston, the last living member of Disney's Nine Old Men and co-author of the book, died last week and that sparked my interest for Disney again. I think it'll be interesting to read about the animators and animations from back in the day, when Disney was still a respectable company.

The animator's survival guide costs around 65 dollars if I want to buy it from a webshop here. So I guess I'll have to import it.

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 08:57:54 Reply

At 4/17/08 07:41 AM, Paranoia wrote: So, I'm building the third reincarnation of my website (this should give a rough idea of what it's going to look like) ...

How many adverts do you want to show off on a single page Para?
Seriously...

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 09:09:17 Reply

At 4/17/08 08:57 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 4/17/08 07:41 AM, Paranoia wrote: So, I'm building the third reincarnation of my website (this should give a rough idea of what it's going to look like) ...
How many adverts do you want to show off on a single page Para?
Seriously...

You'd be surprised how hard it is to break even with bandwidth costs sometimes :P Last site I had I ended up losing something like 2x what I was getting through Google ads just to keep up with the extra bandwidth I needed to buy for the months after every new game release. So yeah, I'm not taking any chances :P

Besides, it's all pretty much valid CSS, so ad sections are ridiculously easy to stick in and take out whenever I feel like it. What you're seeing is basically the maximum whorage that the site's going to have - I'm going to lose the top bar until I get an idea on how much money I've got coming in and going out from it, and the side one's pretty uncertain.

Also, what happened to everyone's fondness for affiliating? Lots of dev sites now don't even have link sections. We used to be tight.

BBS Signature
patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 09:10:26 Reply

At 4/17/08 07:43 AM, PaperBagMask wrote: Animators Survival Kit

From what jtmb02 said it sounds like its helpful and worth having a look and from Luis it sounds like I shouldn't really stick to the rules that it puts out.
So I reckon I'll just go get it sometime soon.

I happen to own a copy of it, my suggestion: buy it, it is awesome !

pinkskull
Oh thank you very much i miss my posts to, but i focus more on breakdance this days. Well don't worry my comeback is coming =]
how reg are you
Well i don't know i am here for some time.
Oh and about the reg lounge it is not so old i was here (for what seems) months before it...

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 09:36:48 Reply

At 4/17/08 09:09 AM, Paranoia wrote: Also, what happened to everyone's fondness for affiliating? Lots of dev sites now don't even have link sections. We used to be tight.

Pfft, screw affiliation. I'm just going to add as many awesome developers as I can find banners and sites for :P

If anyone wants to return the favour, go right ahead.

http://www.brainflay.com/

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 09:39:37 Reply

At 4/17/08 09:36 AM, Paranoia wrote: http://www.brainflay.com/

http://www.brainflay.net/ , even. Stupid domain losing ex-hosts :(

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 11:48:03 Reply

Affiliation
I am trying to find a way to put my affiliates back up, but it's really a lot of icons to be displaying on any website... and that's why I am kind of straying away from it. Trying to find a place and nice design layout for them is hard.

Website Hosting
Tyler and I both use GoDaddy, which is $7 a month for 1.5 TB transfer/150 GB or $15 a month for 3 TB transfer/300 GB. That should be plenty, and I find that their reliable up time and choice of OS is nice.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 12:34:03 Reply

RE: Affiliation
I need to revisit my whole affiliation as well... I'm going phase out graphic banners. They are very 1990's ... people nowadays are accustomed to just having links and its more to the point and overall easier to maintain. One annoyance of my current setup is that if a banner is hotlinked and that site goes down.. my site ends up suffering with that stupid broken image icon.. It just makes all sorts of sense (for me) to just have a blog roll type of setup... where its an unordered list of sites i like.

Fuck rolling out a red carpet.

None

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 13:15:18 Reply

3 new maps...

So, the new Halo 3 map pack is freaking awesome. I'm so happy Lockout is back, even though I'm a bit unhappy with some of the mods they made to it, on the whole i know the feel of the level will persist. Also, Sidewinder is back!! AND: It's better. Also, I can't remember the name of it, but the third level is very similar to that one level in Halo 2 where you jump on top of the buildings. It's very urban and littered and it looks like it's going to be awesome for 16 player slayer.

yhar
yhar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 13:49:58 Reply

Website ads:

Why oh why would you?
Sure to recover server costs that's fine, but people put them in the worst of places possible. I've given up with adverts on my sites, I'd much rather pay out of my own pocket for my server than having to put up with frankly, ugly, adverts on my sites, i spend a lot of effort designing my sites (not that I've ever made anything good:)) and i wouldn't feel right destroying the effort with rubbish ads.

So yeah : Don't use adverts they're gay.

By the way JMTB02 i hope you know that cutenews is insecure as shit, it's a piece of piss to hack and by using it you're just asking to have your site defaced, I'd recommend removing it ASAP, because i had my site hacked because of using it :3 So yeah, might want to be wary of it :/

THIS IS CITRICSQUID POSTING

Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 14:09:59 Reply

Any coders wanna team up after Pico Day?

I have a game idea. Similar to Puyo Puyo, Columns or Baku Baku animal, it's about deleting falling blocks. Familiar yet unique rules. More of a puzzle game than those, as levels and stuff are predefined.

Graphics are half-done, though I wanna finish animating the dancing ghost mascot and also the cut-scenes. I'd like to resume the cut-scenes after May 6th and have them ready by June.

Is anyone confident they could code something like this and willing to team up to make it a reality?

I've got a .swf animation that explains the rules if you're interested. Levels have been designed but may be altered after play-testing.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 15:12:39 Reply

Halo Maps

I'm waiting until they are free. It worked out for the other ones.

BBS Signature
crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 16:16:18 Reply

My website is very messy at the moment, this happened last time I left the site alone without updating for like a week, things just go wrong and need sorting out constantly. I hope to remake an easily updated site...

Luis, I like the little affiliate banners :P

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 18:00:25 Reply

At 4/17/08 08:18 AM, Vengeance wrote: NG-Unit
Seriously, stop spamming so much. You don't need every second post in the reg lounge to be by you... Its really getting over the top and annoying. Sure we get it, you like to comment on every topic that enters the lounge. But seriously, stop using it like its an instant messenger. Its like, I come on to check if there's any topics worth talking about and have to sort through 3 pages of your boring, short, annoying spam posts.

1.) It wouldn't really be spam if I was contributing to the subject and making decent posts

2.) Sorry that I want to be part of the conversation, isn't that what the forums are about, being part of the conversation and contributing

3.) They aren't short, my posts are 3-4 lines, which are more than most of your recent posts (besides the one bashing on me of course)

I don't feel the luff here, and I'm tryin to be part of the conversation

</3 :'(

BBS Signature
MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 18:06:07 Reply

At 4/17/08 06:00 PM, NG-Unit wrote: I don't feel the luff here, and I'm tryin to be part of the conversation

</3 :'(

I agree you post a little too much but it's not annoying and you stay on subject. At least your not just blathering on about nothing.

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 18:07:33 Reply

NG-Unit he can be a bit right. You do post a bit too much at points and just keep responding and responding. You should wait a while and have everyone get to say what they want. A lot of us have real school and work, so it takes a bit longer to respond. But Vengeance, on the other hand, you should calm down a bit too...you've seemed a bit angrier recently at everyone.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 18:21:41 Reply

At 4/17/08 11:48 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Website Hosting
Tyler and I both use GoDaddy, which is $7 a month for 1.5 TB transfer/150 GB or $15 a month for 3 TB transfer/300 GB. That should be plenty, and I find that their reliable up time and choice of OS is nice.

I've actually heard bad things about GoDaddy. I can't remember what these rumors were but they did put me off of GoDaddy. But I guess if you lot credit them then it should be alright.

At 4/17/08 02:09 PM, Bezman wrote: Any coders wanna team up after Pico Day?

Is anyone confident they could code something like this and willing to team up to make it a reality?

I've got a .swf animation that explains the rules if you're interested. Levels have been designed but may be altered after play-testing.

There are a lot better coders here who you'd probably choose over me but if you've got no other interest or everyones busy then I'll be willing to do it, depending on what needs doing. Do you want to send over the swf/upload it so that I can see if I can do everything required etc.

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 18:29:22 Reply

At 4/17/08 06:07 PM, El-Presidente wrote: NG-Unit he can be a bit right. You do post a bit too much at points and just keep responding and responding. You should wait a while and have everyone get to say what they want. A lot of us have real school and work, so it takes a bit longer to respond. But Vengeance, on the other hand, you should calm down a bit too...you've seemed a bit angrier recently at everyone.

Maybe hes on his period...ok, end of jokes

Alright, I can calm down and not post as much. I agree I do get every other post and I can see how that could annoy some people. <joke> so I'll only try to post every OTHER post k?</joke> Anyway, sorry for annoying some people and all that wonderful stuff..

On the other side, like MrMacro said, I'm not blabbering about nothing and I am on topic, plus you said that I should wait for other people to say what they wanna say, technically if I post before them, it doesn't mean they can't still express their opinions and tell their feelings on the subject. I never post on topics which I don't have any idea on either, for example, I didn't post about the animators survival kit, etc.

But anyway, I will try to not post as fast and I'll try to calm down a bit

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 21:45:36 Reply

Is the collab excessive flow coming a bit early this year?

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 21:54:14 Reply

Turning code into a Game (non-programmers can still enjoy)

http://www.retrodev.co.uk/MiscGames/Nake dGame/TheNakedGame.html

By clicking, you can 'delete' lines of code. Click to turn them back on. This affects the game in realtime, making it both a visual demonstration of what that code does and also an exploration of the 'frailty' of the game.

You can really have a laugh playing god over the ball and paddles and can even get the paddles to descend into the code, in a postmodern twist!

It's one of the best electronic games I've seen in a while, but it also occurred to me that for a person who knows no AS, it might be an interesting interactive tutorial into what some lines of code do. Maybe.

Do you want to send over the swf/upload it so that I can see if I can do everything required etc.

I'll e-mail the file and continue discussions in private.

As long as you're confident you're able to make the engine and will see the project through, having surplus ability isn't an issue. You do need to have the ability for that kinda engine though. If you could code Dr. Mario, you can code this. It's that sorta game.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 22:01:17 Reply

Your wardrobe at a glance

Well I've been in the process of spring cleaning my place whenever im not working on pico shit... and today I was picking apart shirts that im donating to charity. It was kind of interesting to go through my shirts... i woulda sworn i was a t-shirt and jeans kind.. but as it turns out i have a ton more solid colored polos.. so then i picked em apart further and heres what i came up with...

i tend to like horizontal striped polo shirts.. none are vertical.. i tend to go with a wide variety of solid colored polos... and my t-shirts are very dark colored aside from an occasional white. And the stack on the far right was just newgrounds related shirts just for the sake of keeping it relevant...

what kind of clothes person are you?

before you actually go answering based on your hunch you should dump out your closet and really pick it apart.. you might be suprised... or not .... in which case youll have a big mess to clean.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-17 22:29:29 Reply

Affiliation!

Aff-Button!
link!
:D

I'm always open to affiliations. I think the best way to rack up on this is to basically just get-to-know some poeple. I guess poeple skills are required online even. :P
PM if ya interested.

ZOMG Spikey-Ball-Of-Pain! (Soon........ soon... >:3)

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
ConAir
ConAir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 00:25:44 Reply

Wardrobe

I'm all over this topic, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to show off my t-shirt collection.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 09:40:59 Reply

I miss my cool glove level icon :(

At 4/17/08 10:01 PM, Luis wrote: before you actually go answering based on your hunch you should dump out your closet and really pick it apart.. you might be suprised... or not .... in which case youll have a big mess to clean.

You just reminded me - I really need to clean my stuff up. At this point I can literally slide out of bed down a pile of papers and clothes.

Anyway, I do like my tshirts. The geekier, the better. I'll generally go with short sleeved shirts or jackets over them, or both. And long-sleeved shirts with for less casual situations, but still with a geeky t-shirt as a backup. I usually spend all of the money in my PayPal on shirts from web-sites which only about three people in Lancashire will get, so I try to get as much wear out of them as possible.

BBS Signature
yhar
yhar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 10:53:55 Reply

I've got about 10 Internet related t-shirts.
I have:
Viva la crustacean! (Wearing it now)
Toy Dolls ( a band)
Billy talent (a band)
"Shoes, they are like hats for feet" which is from beaverandsteve.com
A squid and unicorn from beaverandsteve.com
Newgrounds tankmen
"You spin me right round baby" (Pictured below)
"FREE HUGS!" with a picture of a squid
Squid by zekeyspaceylizard
The pants party by rawrclothing.com

And more that I've forgotten and will end up double posting about when i remember.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

THIS IS CITRICSQUID POSTING

UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 11:26:39 Reply

At 4/17/08 10:01 PM, Luis wrote: Well I've been in the process of spring cleaning my place whenever im not working on pico shit...

That reminds me.. I really need to clean my desk up and sort out what I still need/want.

There is no point me posting pics of my wardrobe. Its all black t-shirts, with a few exceptions, most of which are band shirts ;D

Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 11:47:19 Reply

At 4/17/08 06:29 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Alright, I can calm down and not post as much. I agree I do get every other post and I can see how that could annoy some people. <joke> so I'll only try to post every OTHER post k?</joke> Anyway, sorry for annoying some people and all that wonderful stuff..

No, your fine NG-Unit, if you were spamming and such i'm sure you would have a pm from a mod or anyone who it is annoying, i mean it's kinda rude slagging people off in the topic where i think it should be said via pm...

But now were on the subject, i am sure i'm not the only one who thinks this, Vengeance is stuck up his own fucking ass and needs to try not to be such a dick all the time.

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 11:53:58 Reply

The internet shirts in my wardrobe are fairly limited actually.
Tankman parachuting, Newgrounds Black, Megatokyo NPC and something from a webcomic stall in London who's name I can't remember with a fire axe on it stating "In case of fire, break glass", with 'fire' scribbled out and 'zombies' written over it. Tempted to get an XKCD hoodie.

A £140 ($280) gouge where my fanboy organs used to be...
So I placed my preorder for the six month late European version of Rock Band against my better judgement. I feel almost happy I'm saving £40 off the RRP...

I'm worried the VG forum isn't more... up in arms over it.

If I do end up dragging a console down for August, there will be a no shoes rule for the drums and an enforced policy of 'if you can't ban me, your first turn on the game WILL be on the vocals...'

BBS Signature
CrazyChihuahua
CrazyChihuahua
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-18 12:23:34 Reply

Wardrobe

I have pretty much no shirts from the internet. I have a fair bit of Trailer Park Boys shirts (look nice and are humourous) and picked up a Guitar Hero 3 shirt yesterday (ya, I know, but it looks good, and I'm a fanboy). Beyond that, it's lots of solid-coloured, long-sleeve T-shirts. Also, I don't own shorts. Only pants.

Super-pricey Rock Band

Kayn, I spent around $250 to get a copy from eBay (just came out, wasn't in Canada yet), and while it's expensive, I can say it's completely worth it. The game is amazing, especially when you get a group of people going on it. The price they're charging over there for it is very steep, but as I said, it's awesome, and the library of songs (in-game and downloadable) is very nice, with someone for literally everyone.

BBS Signature