00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,862,001 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 04:07:52

At 6/17/08 06:54 PM, knugen wrote: Oh well, I wrote it from the top of my head.. I was close ;)

Google'd?

Nah, I'm from Sweden too and he's like Sweden's George W Bush. Although not as famous around the world but still pretty stupid.

I've got loads of fun facts about our king, not only dyslectic-related.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 04:36:42

Oh. DreamworX changed his name. Ho hum. Conversation ends here.

Neg, I approve of the reintroduction of your old signature.

In even more bizarre news today, there's an article in Metro (the slightly conservative, very complainative free tabloid newspaper in the UK) about furries. With a complete sidebox dedicated to informing the general public of the UK of thier glossary. Now every reader in the UK can now safely know what 'yiff' is...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 04:53:29

jibber jabber
Oh Boston Legel what a great show =]
dreamworks
My susgtion Herkj
Toast
Glad to see you again. What did you get banned for ?
BRUCHIM HASHAVIM =]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 05:16:01

Other rants from me today...

- Hammerhead, the newish Offspring single, has been released for Rock Band, with an announcement that six other songs they've done will be up soon (which sounds like Offspring 01). This, combined with the release of Avenged Sevenfold's Critical Acclaim and Afterlife, marks one of the days I regret only having a 20GB hard drive on my XBox...

- Despite a few dozen people informing me about it, Bloodstock remained a blocked out thought until dELta told me that it would feature pirate metal this year. Then the whole thing of it being only half an hour south of my flat clicked, and so did Nightwish headlining again this year. Anyone else planning going to this, or is everyone saving thier money for the NG UK meet two weeks later?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 05:20:28

At 6/18/08 04:53 AM, patu1 wrote: Toast
BRUCHIM HASHAVIM =]

I didn't get banned, I just took a break from newgrounds. I've been stalking the forum a bit, but i do plan to re-reg. It's cool to see there's so many people I know who still post here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 06:00:55

At 6/17/08 11:18 PM, Toast wrote: Pickpocketting
This man is amazing. Even when I was trying to spot his pickpockets I couldn't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hboPd9GzJ xg&feature=rec-fresh

Really cool! And apparently he's born in Sweden so that makes him even cooler.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 06:58:02

At 6/17/08 11:18 PM, Toast wrote: Pickpocketting

The voiceover kind of ruined it for me :( All that annoying 'right side of the law' stuff goes against my British cynicism. It's still pretty impressive though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 09:22:43

At 6/18/08 05:20 AM, Toast wrote:
At 6/18/08 04:53 AM, patu1 wrote: Toast
BRUCHIM HASHAVIM =]
I didn't get banned, I just took a break from newgrounds. I've been stalking the forum a bit, but i do plan to re-reg. It's cool to see there's so many people I know who still post here.

Who are you? Arent you that annoying kid who...

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 09:49:28

Anybody seen this trailer yet? The art direction in that movie, from what I can tell so far, is brilliant. I like the idea behind the movie, it's kind of surreal, almost like some sort of dark fairy-tale. It's my most anticipated film of 08.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 09:59:18

Oh i just got back a couple of days ago two amazing how we g and comeback together. thought you t banned because you said that atleast he didn't get banned for 3 months and you wrote that you used to get banned a lot i myself only got banned twice
how many times have you been banned and why ?
I got banned twice for 24, hours the first one was because i told some noob that violated the rules something about him about getting ban with a ban stick lol, and some mod thought i told him that i am going to ban him so he wrote in reason of banning "don't underestimate the power of the ban stick" or something like that lol. The other time i got banned for e yelling at vengeance that ban i actually deserved...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 10:27:49

At 6/18/08 09:59 AM, patu1 wrote: how many times have you been banned and why ?

Never, and so long as I have this yellow aura, forever never. It freaked all the other mods out that I had a perfect record and nearly 4000 posts...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 10:29:44

At 6/18/08 10:27 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
Never, and so long as I have this yellow aura, forever never. It freaked all the other mods out that I had a perfect record and nearly 4000 posts...

Oh ive never been banned either and ive been around longer so shush.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 10:45:07

At 6/18/08 09:49 AM, Xeptic wrote: Anybody seen this trailer yet? The art direction in that movie, from what I can tell so far, is brilliant. I like the idea behind the movie, it's kind of surreal, almost like some sort of dark fairy-tale. It's my most anticipated film of 08.

It seems like a strange film and I've never heard of it before. Isn't the song in the trailer also used as the theme for The Beauty and the Beast?

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 10:54:37

Oh wow, you have 3,999 posts now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:13:30

At 6/18/08 10:27 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Never, and so long as I have this yellow aura, forever never. It freaked all the other mods out that I had a perfect record and nearly 4000 posts...

One more post till 4000...Make it here Kayn, make it here!

Well...I've gotten quiet a few bans, some 1 days and 3 days when I was still lurkin the general forum

And I got a 30 day ban from BigBadRon (de-modded now, yusss) while I was in the flash forum? He went out of his way and came into the flash forum to ban me. Oh yeah, I got that because I made an alt the day I got banned, but it was before I got banned, and then I got banned for 1 day, and I used the alt so I got a 30 day.

Yup, I doubt you can read that last sentence

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:16:07

Sorry for double post...but no new submissions in the portal?

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:29:38

I was banned quite a few times before becoming an affiliate.

Most of the time it was cause I ventured into the general forum. Man that place was like a mine field, post anywhere, if the thread gets deleted, BAN!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:39:21

How successful you are on Newgrounds reflects how successful you are in real life.

True or false?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:46:35

I don't think I've been banned on this account but I was banned a few times on my old '03 account Gutya-1.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:47:07

I have been banned for a week once and three times for 16 hours or something. What's the point of a soft lock anyway?

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 11:59:59

RE: Success, Newgrounds, and real life

I think it depends... I can say that some of my success in newgrounds has spilled over into my real life. Same with other artists who've had opportunities open up as a result of their success on the site. On the other hand I find that I'm more vocal here on the site than i am in real life so in that respect, NG hasnt really affected how I really am outside of the site. I still like being very low key and secretive about what I do amongst my friend. Meh I've never been the braggy type. I'd like to think my work speaks for itself and if it doesnt then it probably wasnt very good anyway :P

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 12:08:18

NG Success
NG is a good barometer, but like any site it's a specific audience. If you compare gaming on different sites things change dramatically. For example Newgrounds tends to be more receptive towards violent genres (shooters, zombie killing, etc) while Kongregate leans towards casual/strategy/rpg (Tower Defense, etc).

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 12:19:06

At 6/18/08 11:39 AM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: How successful you are on Newgrounds reflects how successful you are in real life.

I believe false, just because you can be whoever you want here on the internet, but be demolished for it in the outside world. For instance, you can make movies and do your hobby, but a lot of people that you'll find in the real world won't accept that. That's why I like NG as a congregation of people who all like doing the same thing.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 12:34:01

Success on NG vs. Real Life:

I think a lot of the same fundamental principles apply, like creativity, ambition, hard work, obsessive compulsion, and talent. As much as we'd like to think our "e-personality" matters in our flash's success, I think it plays a pretty small part, whereas in real-life, your personality and people skills are often what help you advance or hold you back.

So, maybe success on NG boils down to your core traits a lot more than real life where a good personality can offset a lack of skill.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 12:45:03

At 6/18/08 12:34 PM, BoMToons wrote: Success on NG vs. Real Life:

I think a lot of the same fundamental principles apply, like creativity, ambition, hard work, obsessive compulsion, and talent. As much as we'd like to think our "e-personality" matters in our flash's success, I think it plays a pretty small part, whereas in real-life, your personality and people skills are often what help you advance or hold you back.

So, maybe success on NG boils down to your core traits a lot more than real life where a good personality can offset a lack of skill.

Sometimes the most successful people have crappy personalities, they just know how to hide it when talking to the public.

I really doubt the CEO of exxonmobil is a fun guy to hang with for instance.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 12:54:24

At 6/18/08 12:45 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I really doubt the CEO of exxonmobil is a fun guy to hang with for instance.

Hes very fun.. me him and richard branson went skydiving last weekend. Girls night out.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 13:22:10

At 6/18/08 12:45 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Sometimes the most successful people have crappy personalities, they just know how to hide it when talking to the public.

But the thing you can't say, is that they ALL have crappy personalities. I know a few of the people who are those donators of everything ever made in this world pretty personally, and I have to say that they really can be good people.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 14:11:03

I was banned once by oscar :[ I hated him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 14:22:01

I was banned once, by Luis, for making a topic with a non descriptive topic title.

I was so proud of my zero bans status and you ruined it! You ruined it...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-18 14:24:29

Yeah, Oscar gets a little banny sometimes. RIP schorhr :(

BBS Signature