Yeah, need answers for this for my Adult Ed geography class.
First some basic info for the data (so she knows Im not making answers up or somethin' and knows the data isn't from one group)
You can also pick a choice that best suits your answer, and then write comments; if none suit your thoughts then write your own thing, and if a pre-made choice fits perfectly, just use that.
1) Is Overpopulation a Problem?
a) Not at all! There's still global warming, terrorism, racism, world hunger, war, and cancer to deal with first. Must save the humans!
b) Yes, but technology will save us in time, easy, so it's not too big a deal.
c) Yes! It will be the end of us all!
d) Babymaking a problem? No way! It's what God wants!!
e) We can just terraform Mars. No biggie.
f) Other (please specify)
2) Visit the site http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/
What is your reaction?
a) Wow, freaks.
c) I've been there before...
d) I've seen them on that "my daughter joined a suicide cult" episode on Jerry Springer!
3) Do you consider yourself Environmentally Friendly/Conscious, or would like to be?
c) Other (?)
4) Have you considered reducing you child production because of Overpopulation or this Site (if you read into it enough anyway)?
a) Yes I've considered it, but I've thought of that before. I've been aware of the issue.
b) I never realized what an issue it was, Yes I considered it
c) (answer a plus) ...and I think I will reduce or eliminate my baby-making.
d) (answer b plus) ...and I think I will reduce or eliminate my baby-making.
e) Blasphemy! No!
5) Overpopulation is a threat to global biodiversity, and following that, a threat to all life on the planet. If you consider yourself Environmentally Friendly (3a), and don't wish to deal with your child production (4e), how do you explain that hypocrisy in your beliefs? Does it bother you, or do you deep down realize that you don't care as much as you'd want people to believe, and you say you care for the environment just to be trendy?
a) It's true, I'm a hyprocritical intellectual-wannabe trend-whore. Shh.
b) The overpopulation problem is exhaggerated. Despite the immense amount of garbage each human life will create, by recycling and paying my taxes I'm doing everything I need to.
c) I said before I didn't really care.
6) China Industrializing Is:
a) Ecological Doom
c) More market/research competition and capitalistically good prices!
d) Another theft of more hardworking (north?) Americans jobs, money, and livelyhood.
e) Yay! Fewer commies and more USAs!
7) What drastic measures would you support to cure the problem?
a) Monetary incentives for low-size families.
b) Strict birth control laws like China did.
c) Biological/Nuclear warfare. :D
d) Elimination of All Humans.
e) None! The president knows I deserve FREEDOM!
8) "Let's say we had a bad one, and all the plants and animals died, and the earth was clicking hot for a hundred thousand years. Life would survive somewhere, under the soil, or perhaps frozen in Arctic ice. And after all those years, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would again spread over the planet", "The planet has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us" (Michael Crichton-Jurassic Park[Novel]).
Is the planet in danger, or just us?
a) Just because he made a movie doesn't make him right. Life is in danger.
b) Only human life is in danger.
c) Everythings OK.
d) As I said before, Maybe the planet will die, but we are invincible. (at least with space travel)
9) Pollution from Overpopulation shows a future of "weedy" species (dandilions, pidgeons, seagulls, rats, cockroaches, ect.). Is such an undiverse environment worth environmental apathy, or does it make you want to care more? Is the possibiliy of genetically-engineered-to-toughen birdlife-for-the-sake-of-birdwatchers make it all right? (Hahaha)
a) Wee! Mechanical/Super seagulls!
b) Aww, life would be bland. We've gotta do something...
c) Survival of the fittest, baby.
10) How do you feel about the use of genetic engineering on humans for future survival, or on economically friendly crops and animals (The Cows, Chickens, Fishies, ect.)?
a) We're playing God. And we all know there's just one true God!! Ooo fishies.
b) I'm just worried we'll fuck it up and our creations will kill us somehow.
c) Knowledge is power and Technology is the excersize of this power. Lets go for it.
d) Maybe we should make our world naturally hospitable rather than changing DNA.