00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

South Korea... Likes US!!!!!

1,311 Views | 13 Replies

South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 03:37:55

It never fails. Every country in the world hates America until they need us. South Korea is no exception. Remember a couple months ago they were burning American Flags, chanting "Americans Go Home"?

Now they are burning mock North Korean missiles, in support of our troops. Their new line is "Yankees Stay Here." Maybe they are starting to understand that if it were not for our Battleships, Aircraft Carriers and 37,000 heavily armed troops, their piddly country would be non-existent right now.

Americans don't mind helping out. When our Boys come home in body bags we understand it’s sad yet necessary. But one day the criticism will become too much and we'll leave the American haters to their own devices. We'll see how well they get along then.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 03:46:04

Oh yes. Leave all the America haters to their own devices and hear their voices, a few months later about "how America shirked it's responsibility to us! WAH!" People are such hypocrits nowadays.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 04:07:20

Fine, Judge. Since we are such idiots in your all powerful Lvl 9 eyes, would you please tell us why? I also fail to see how September 11th fits into this mess.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 05:48:42

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 12:44:15

At 3/16/03 03:37 AM, RaspberryLock wrote: It never fails. Every country in the world hates America until they need us. South Korea is no exception. Remember a couple months ago they were burning American Flags, chanting "Americans Go Home"?

Now they are burning mock North Korean missiles, in support of our troops. Their new line is "Yankees Stay Here." Maybe they are starting to understand that if it were not for our Battleships, Aircraft Carriers and 37,000 heavily armed troops, their piddly country would be non-existent right now.

Americans don't mind helping out. When our Boys come home in body bags we understand it’s sad yet necessary. But one day the criticism will become too much and we'll leave the American haters to their own devices. We'll see how well they get along then.

oh jesus...where should i begin. let's start out with your uninformed, "yankee go home" scenario. as i am quite sure you don't know, the reason why they were having protests was because the US GIs ran over two middleschool girls in an armored vehicle. what's more is that they were cleared of any criminal charges in a US court marshall.

now, if, for some odd reason, we had Canadian military bases on US soil, and one of those Canadians ran over a ten year old boy, i'm sure all of us would want those Canada-type people to go home. but we wouldn't know about that, now would we. but the Canadians know (somewhat) when the US pilots bombed a Canadian outpost in Afghanistan. and although Canada and the United States are allies and friends, i'm sure you Canadians were pretty pissed.

now in Slizor's Korean resource, although a little one-sided, brings up a good point that the US military isn't necessarily needed. but let's keep this in mind. the 5 million reservists all happen to be civilians, as most reservists are, and the reason there are relatively so many by percentage is because every male who doesn't have a physical or mental debilitation is required to serve a mandatory 2 years in the military and follow that by reserve status until they become, not sure of the number, 45.

not only that, how large do you think the Korean population is in thie coutry alone? beside China, Koreans are the largest Asian population in the US. the last time i check, it was somewhere around 2 million people. about half of them emigrated from Korea in their mid-twenties for graduate school and decided to raise a family here. the other half are mostly FOB, fresh of the boat. which means a good chunk of those people have already server their compensatory duty and are now, technically, reservists. so there are a lot less reservists than you would originally think.

also, you must think of the proximity of Seoul to the DMZ. if you looked at the map the is on Slizor's link, the huge bright spot on the upper-left hand side of South Korea is Seoul. north korea doesn't have to advance, nor do they have to use nuclear weapons. they can shoot standard artillery and turn a metropolis of 12 million into rubble within days if given the chance. strategy must always be thought before any attack or preparation for preemptive strike.

due to the close proximity of such a huge city to the most heavily fortified border in the world, civilian losses becomes a factor, unlike how it is in iraq. also, conversely to Slizor's text, it would be difficult for US or South Korean forces to penetrate. and if an amphibious attack were to take place, ie. In Chon, north korean troops will be there waiting.

you should never question a hungry, brain-washed man's resolve. this isn't iraq. they won't give up just like that. also most of the things we know about north korea is based on defectors and sattelite surveillence. unlike popular belief, the CIA is a joke. if they were so good, Osama bin Laden would be dead or captured, Saddam Hussein and his sons and top generals would be assassinated, and 9/11 would have never happened. let's not forget that the things we know about north korea would be much more extensive. but i just went to left field with that tangent. hungry man's resolve, right. in north korea, you either obey, and be the best, or die. and you will die if you don't do well enough. and you will die if you try to defect and you're caught. you will die if you believe in God. you will die if you say the wrong thing at the wrong time. you will die if you complain. so i'm pretty sure most people don't want to die, so they pretty much listen and do as they are told.

God, i'm getting tired. if you find any holes, i'll be sure to yell at you.. er.. patch them up for you.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-16 21:51:25

>Oh, UNPossible, I'm just joking with you. I think he's an idiot though. You're a regular. You should know when I'm kidding.<

Beg your pardon Judge (Not being sarcastic), but I was never one to be able to read people through the Internet. No hard feelings from me.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 00:42:47

Judge, sorry but i have to steal that Hypocrite GIF, i found it very useful and entertaining, no hard feelings!

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 03:13:56

At 3/16/03 03:37 AM, RaspberryLock wrote: It never fails. Every country in the world hates

South Korea has a population of 50 million. They spend $12.8 billion dollars on military expenditures a year. Thats 2.8% percent of their GDP. Granted that doesn't match the extreme militarism and aggression of America, but I would hardly call South Korea a "piddly country" you arrogant fuck.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 09:20:38

Considering that South Korea's nuclear arsenal has the words "Made in the USA" stamped all over it (I have posted the sit in another thread), of course they're going to be happy. They have ready made nukes, North Korea are still amassing and assembling theirs.

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship

Never underestimate the significance of "significant."

NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 12:16:51

[sniff]

i wrote too much up there. no one reading =*(

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 12:25:15

At 3/16/03 12:44 PM, mysecondstar wrote: unlike popular belief, the CIA is a joke. if they were so good, Osama bin Laden would be dead or captured, Saddam Hussein and his sons and top generals would be assassinated, and 9/11 would have never happened. let's not forget that the things we know about north korea would be much more extensive.

It is true... the American law enforcement and national defense agencies are made out to be practically omnipotent (mostly due to the usual Hollywood Jazz). They suffer a great deal though of lack of cooperation amoungst eachother. FBI, CIA, ATF...so on and so forth hardly help eachother out with information matters and when they do have a joint investigation, it turns out to be nothing more than a glorified pissing contest.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 12:28:57

Sure, other countries only like the US when they're helping them, but the US is only helping out when they have some benifit by doing so. That's not any less hypocrit.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 12:40:44

At 3/16/03 12:44 PM, mysecondstar wrote: oh jesus...where should i begin. let's start out with your uninformed, "yankee go home" scenario. as i am quite sure you don't know, the reason why they were having protests was because the US GIs ran over two middleschool girls in an armored vehicle. what's more is that they were cleared of any criminal charges in a US court marshall.

now, if, for some odd reason, we had Canadian military bases on US soil, and one of those Canadians ran over a ten year old boy, i'm sure all of us would want those Canada-type people to go home. but we wouldn't know about that, now would we.

Bad analogy. This would only make sense if the only thing that was preventing the US from being overrun by another country was Canadian military presence. As it stands now, the US in South Korea (and the US presense in S. Korea going all the way back to 1953) has been the only thing preventing North Korea from invading South Korea. Sure, US presense in South Korea may have cost the lives of 2 south korean citizens due to some irresponsible GI's, but ultimately it has saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of South Koreans by preventing an invasion from the North.

Response to South Korea... Likes US!!!!! 2003-03-17 13:15:50

first of all, US presence is more symbolic than protective. 37,000 troops is not enough to take on a full onslaught of several million north koreans (unlikely, but you never know).

also, it's the best anology that most people could relate to. unfortunately none of you would know what it is like to have people occupy your country and do anything they want to like they own the place. i've seen GIs grope my cousin's girlfriend, pushing around the elderly, getting drunk in Itaewon, and more. and then they finally kill two middle school girls after 50 years.

so until you can relate, or at least understand anything i just said, i'm afraid arguement is invalid.