New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 06:04:22 Reply

os1 didnt come out until 1996 in lebano i bought mne from france with ridge racer and a demo cd i had to play these a year until ps games came out in lebanon

Dark-Knight
Dark-Knight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 06:29:56 Reply

At 9/23/06 06:04 AM, TheLebanese wrote: os1 didnt come out until 1996 in lebano i bought mne from france with ridge racer and a demo cd i had to play these a year until ps games came out in lebanon

i also remember playing the original GTA that was funny.. oh legacy of kain was a sick game too

"He Who Devours Your Entrails & Enjoys It" : Lobo

BBS Signature
Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:03:47 Reply

the amazing part is the progress it made over 7 years

Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:05:40 Reply

sory for double post but i meant the progress ps1 made

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:22:39 Reply

OK Member list.
1) Dark-knight
2) MGS (Lee)
3) Dave
4) Frostbreath
5) TheLebanese
6) Crashman
7) Shinobl
8) Phildo99
9) Bahamut
10) Dejanus
11) DarkSoldier
12) Ancient-Evil
13) XwaynecoltX
14) hardD
15) Gamedude107

15th members is a lot wait until next week we might have 40 or more.

Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:26:29 Reply

At 9/23/06 07:22 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
15th members is a lot wait until next week we might have 40

thats great but there are some members who only posted to join

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:32:58 Reply

At 9/23/06 07:26 AM, TheLebanese wrote:
thats great but there are some members who only posted to join

People will post to tell us what game their playing or review a game.
You just got to give them time.

Ancient-Evil
Ancient-Evil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 07:35:37 Reply

Well done...GIve the lad a cookie *hands him a cookie*

Dark-Knight
Dark-Knight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 08:52:32 Reply

At 9/23/06 07:35 AM, Ancient-Evil wrote: Well done...GIve the lad a cookie *hands him a cookie*

how good is legacy of KAIN it kicks ass i love kain hes the best vampire ever and has the coolest voice ! are they making any more legacy of kain or soul reaver games any time soon ?

BBS Signature
Quickbeam
Quickbeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:10:33 Reply

Hey can i join? I own every playstation console there is and i even pre ordered the ps3. So am i in?

Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:13:59 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:10 AM, Saint-Anger wrote: Hey can i join? I own every playstation console there is and i even pre ordered the ps3. So am i in?

sure just stick playstation empire in you sig

Quickbeam
Quickbeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:24:06 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:13 AM, TheLebanese wrote:
At 9/23/06 11:10 AM, Saint-Anger wrote: Hey can i join? I own every playstation console there is and i even pre ordered the ps3. So am i in?

I know i shouldn't be saying this but. WHO THE FUCK MADE YOU THE BOSS!?

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:25:36 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:24 AM, Saint-Anger wrote:
At 9/23/06 11:13 AM, TheLebanese wrote:
At 9/23/06 11:10 AM, Saint-Anger wrote:
I know i shouldn't be saying this but. WHO THE FUCK MADE YOU THE BOSS!?

now one made him the boss its a RULE

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:29:48 Reply

What's everyone's favorite Playstation one game?

I don't usually pick absolute favorites with anything in life, but if someone were to ask me what I thought was the best game for PS1 I would have to answer "Rayman"! |

It's bright, it's cheerful, and it's quite an elaborate game. This is no easy win. You have to conquer 5 worlds before getting to the final stage and each world has several challenging levels. Thank goodness you can save your game, because there is no way you can play this in one sitting if you have any kind of a life at all. The characters are big and easy to see, the use of the pastel colors is awesome (everything is a soft color to some degree), and the landscapes are absolutely beautiful.

Not only that, but the soundtrack is delightful. I don't usually pay attention to video game music, but most video game music is ignorable at best or a real annoyance at the worst. The music in this game really ADDS to the adventure. It's bouncy and happy, reminds of the Smurfs. You DO remember the Smurfs don't you? If not, shame on you. Anyway, this is a big, happy adventure with heavy psychedelic overtones. It's better than being on a good acid trip because you don't have to take drugs to get there! This is a wonderful, wonderful game perfect for everyone.

Also, the original Parappa the rapa had the best music ever.

Kick punch, it's all in the mind....

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:32:36 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:29 AM, dave wrote: What's everyone's favorite Playstation one game?

mine would be FINAL FANTASY VII/7

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:35:17 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:29 AM, dave wrote: What's everyone's favorite Playstation one game?

I'm not going to say one since I'll just say Final Fantasy VII. My top 5 favourite PS1 games have to be:

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Silent Hill
5. Tomb Raider

I don't usually pick absolute favorites with anything in life, but if someone were to ask me what I thought was the best game for PS1 I would have to answer "Rayman"! |

Ah, I remember the original Rayman. Fun side scroller game. :) Too bad the second game sucked, and I never bothered to play the third game.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Lebastic
Lebastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:36:33 Reply

Crash Bandicoot and the oddworld games

Quickbeam
Quickbeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 11:47:43 Reply

Definately Metal Gear Solid. I would have said silent hill but the graphics weren't as good in silent hill as they were in Metal gear.

Ah, I remember the original Rayman. Fun side scroller game. :) Too bad the second game sucked, and I never bothered to play the third game.

I used to love rayman. It was always my favourite game. I remember i had the maths version of it when i was in my early years of school. I hate rayman 2 but the first and the 3rd are great. There should also be a new one out pretty soon on pc.

lolmfaomfg
lolmfaomfg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 12:44:43 Reply

I hate ps2 at the moment because less then an hour ago i lost everything on my memory card. I had more then 30 games on it all with at least 50+ hours on it. My ffX game had 200 hours on it with everything done and now all my shit is gone. Dynasty warriors 4, 5, 5 xtreme legends, star ocean 3 all had 100+ hours and now its gone. I hate playstation right now.

Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 16:21:45 Reply

At 9/22/06 04:02 AM, Dark-Knight wrote:
At 9/22/06 03:35 AM, TheLebanese wrote:
At 9/22/06 03:20 AM, Crashman wrote: I actually just got Okami, but I have yet to play it but I am tonight.
never heard of it wats it about?
yeh i've also not heard of it whats it about..

You play as a wolf, which you must bring the world back to life from the darkness.
The story is that there was a hero that vanquished a terrible evil and along side him a wolf fought by his side. A 100 years later a guy releases the sword that kept the demon in its slumber. The world is overcome by darkness and you are brought back to life by Sakuyu and you are born into a wolfen form just like a the one who fought with Nagi. Anyways its like calligraphy in a way, you use 13 brush powers (Example: painting a circle in the sky while its dark out will bring out the sun). Well my boring description of the game probably isn't appealing but its a great game in my opinion and I already love it.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 16:56:39 Reply

At 9/23/06 04:21 PM, Crashman wrote:

Well my boring description of the game probably isn't appealing but its a great game in my opinion and I already love it.

Oh I heard about that game it looks awesome.
OK what is the worst level in a game was and why.

Phildo99
Phildo99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 18:38:54 Reply

what does every1 think, wipe front to back or back to front?

nah im kidin, has final fantisy gone to far? or can we get Final Fantisy 20-we swear this is the last one or FF 30-room for 1 more, or FF 47-lets give them another, then platinum FF9, FF 4 gold version or FF 16 with outakes from the ADR?

should they just give it up?

WARRIOR DAI GREPHER!!!!

BBS Signature
hardD
hardD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-23 19:31:31 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:

GTA vice city :]

BBS Signature
Dark-Knight
Dark-Knight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 04:59:07 Reply

At 9/23/06 07:31 PM, hardD wrote:
At 9/23/06 11:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:
GTA vice city :]

GTA vice city wasnt on the ps1.. hehe

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 05:40:22 Reply

At 9/23/06 04:56 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
OK what is the worst level in a game was and why.

OK I would say GTA vice city level death row.

OH this is on from a PS2 game mag but I think this as well.

WHY?
The coolest thing in Vice City (after the music) is the turning point mid-game where you take possession of Diaz's mansion on starfish island. You suddenly have a ready supply of money, a wardrobe of suits, weapons in the basement and a helicoper on the roof. the designers knew that in you earn it. Their answer? 'Death Row'. It's not especially hard, it's just that up to this point everything's been comparatively easy. Oh yes, and it's bent.
The mission has three parts: get to the scrap yard from the malibu, shoot throught Diaz's henchmen, then get Lance to the hospital before he bleeds to death. It serves to remind you how bad some elements of GTA really are. The biggest problems are the terrible targeting (your gun never wants to lock on to the bastard on the roof) and the sheer randomness of GTA that can make you fail the mission (weep as you get run over while leaving the malibu). Exacerbating the anger is the tedios rigamarole of the restarting, collecting weapons and health and heading back to the scrapyard, only to wade in, forgetting hosed as you flap, jump and spin about tapping R2 while repeatedly selecting the hammer.
And once you'd saved Lance, his dwindling health meant he often died from your escape vehice being barged by the insanely aggressive Al pursuit cars. Thats or he'd just wander off and get shot. Or get eaten by wolves. To be honest, the fact that however fast you got to Lance, he was nearly always dead, is a bit unfair. And the worst thing - the obvious indicator that this is a terrible level - is that for every 1,000 people who had to do it 26 times, one smarmy twat did it first go because the Al blew itself up or go wedged in a bush.
That's just wrong.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 05:57:13 Reply

At 9/23/06 11:47 AM, Saint-Anger wrote: Definately Metal Gear Solid. I would have said silent hill but the graphics weren't as good in silent hill as they were in Metal gear.

Graphics isn't a thing to worry about, unless you're playing a horror game and not as good graphics will make the game a bit less scarier. :P I'd like it if there was a remake of SH1 just to see if it's done well and if it's a bit scarier. The graphics on SH2 onwards were really good, especially if SH3 graphics were bad, it wouldn't have been as scary as I found it the first time.

There should also be a new one out pretty soon on pc.

I would prefer it if it was side scroller like the first game, but that probably won't happen.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

gamedude107
gamedude107
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 07:02:20 Reply

At 9/22/06 01:02 PM, gamedude107 wrote: i joined now (dynasty warriors 5 empires owns)
There's something I don't like about Dynasty Warriors series. Once you've played one DW game on the newer generation consoles, you've played them all. I've got 2 and 4 and when I played 4, it just seemed to be nothing really special or new. I've played a bit of 5 with my friend and again, I didn't see anything very different on 5.

It's similar to Tekken. The newer Tekken games, I feel I'm just playing the same game and the extra stuff on it can't help much. This is why I hope Tekken 6 will be the last in the Tekken series.

The EMPIRES dw games are ok, and can be fun. like completely crushing the people who annoy u like lu bu and excecuting them :D.

Lu Bu sucks i OWN him with rubbish characters, but he still acts like he strong when he just a big noob who cant admit being weak (even in prev games i could own him)

:/

BBS Signature
gamedude107
gamedude107
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 07:13:32 Reply

At 9/23/06 12:44 PM, Someguy1621 wrote: I hate ps2 at the moment because less then an hour ago i lost everything on my memory card. I had more then 30 games on it all with at least 50+ hours on it. My ffX game had 200 hours on it with everything done and now all my shit is gone. Dynasty warriors 4, 5, 5 xtreme legends, star ocean 3 all had 100+ hours and now its gone. I hate playstation right now.

:O

something like that happened ages ago when some1 came to my house when i was away, the nob erased all my memory of all my games!!!! and i have loads of games! is still havent managed to complete them again >:( i have over 40 games, every time i count i just lose count, that meant Prince of persia Sands of time AGAIN, with all the hard parts :( and ALL my other games >:( when i get the chance i will have revenge :D
, i know he has san andreas wich takes ages to complete so ill start there...

the prob is that he livesabout an hr away in car, plus ill barly have the chance to be in his room alone :(

BBS Signature
gamedude107
gamedude107
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 07:15:18 Reply

Cool, but not much point in having a PS1 since PS2 can play PS1 games

BBS Signature
gamedude107
gamedude107
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Playstation Empire 2006-09-24 07:20:17 Reply

whats ur fav thing to do on vice city and/or san andreas?

my fav thing on vice city is go on ships, get in amazing places and fight the army and go around in choppers.

my fav on san andreas is all of the above, do dog fights in hydras with a parachute for if i get hit (rarely, im ACE pilot), get in the AT-400 (passenger plane/ beoing Somenumberwichidontknowlike747 ) and go parachuting off planes while they go into buildings and/or blow up ppl and cars etc :D

BBS Signature