Be a Supporter!

LaserKarls Art Thread

  • 57,102 Views
  • 1,011 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 12/15/08 08:25 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote:
At 12/15/08 08:21 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A WIP.
O how did you know how i look?

they send your show over at animal planet all the time

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 08:27 AM Reply

God damn, you're so awesome! Keep it up, man.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
RadioactiveRabies
RadioactiveRabies
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 08:38 AM Reply

I did wonder what that moving rock with a videocam in it was doing...

Anyhow, nice Wip! The way you can see the brush strokes is awesum, i think ill try to colour like that, just once to see how it feels

Why does all the sweedish people i know seem to be better at art than me? >:I
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM Reply

At 12/15/08 08:27 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: God damn, you're so awesome! Keep it up, man.

Haha, thanks. As said, your getting better yourself.

At 12/15/08 08:38 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: Anyhow, nice Wip! The way you can see the brush strokes is awesum, i think ill try to colour like that, just once to see how it feels

Thanks!
The finished piece will be smaller though, I dont think you'll see the strokes as good as you do now.

threadwood
threadwood
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 12/15/08 08:21 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A WIP.

what do i have to do to get you guys to comment?

draw crappy anime! kidding...(or am i?)
second to last posting- little white creature is aces, guy's belly-button is too high
last posting- it's a 3/4 view of a face but if you isolate the nose it looks almost straight-on

other than that everything is awesome. real good with colors and lighting effects. look foward to seeing the finished versions of these.

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 06:14 AM Reply

At 12/16/08 01:21 AM, threadwood wrote:
At 12/15/08 08:21 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A WIP.

what do i have to do to get you guys to comment?
draw crappy anime! kidding...(or am i?)

Im afraid of the possibility that you might be right. haha.

second to last posting- little white creature is aces, guy's belly-button is too high

Wow, i was completely oblivious to that belly button-thing, thanks for pointing it out.

last posting- it's a 3/4 view of a face but if you isolate the nose it looks almost straight-on

Fixed in the final!

other than that everything is awesome. real good with colors and lighting effects. look foward to seeing the finished versions of these.

Thank you! Im glad you liked the white monkey-creature thing, cause hes in the new one aswell. I think this ones finished at least.

LaserKarls Art Thread

mynamewontfitin
mynamewontfitin
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 12:22 PM Reply

im liking the whimsical feel of your new stuff. very inspiring as always

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 12/16/08 12:22 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: im liking the whimsical feel of your new stuff. very inspiring as always

Thank you!
Yeah, its allmost like im making child book-illustrations, but its fun to try different things once in a while.

brotdw
brotdw
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 10/12/06 03:45 PM, LaserKarl wrote:
At 10/11/06 02:44 PM, Mogly wrote:
Looks like someones gone and drawn that on a wall in rural South Africa or something. City of god inspired.
I see where you get that impression from :)

Some quick flash-stuff, clowns are coolness.

I like this piece of work. The colors and the mood.


BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 12/16/08 04:53 PM, brotdw wrote:
Some quick flash-stuff, clowns are coolness.
I like this piece of work. The colors and the mood.

Thanks. its over two years old now though.

Bl00dRedKnife
Bl00dRedKnife
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 08:54 PM Reply

I like your color schemes, just wish I knew how you do it. Every time I try to paint something, the color choices I use doesn't seem to fit with the image.


GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 06:17 PM Reply

At 12/16/08 08:54 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: I like your color schemes, just wish I knew how you do it. Every time I try to paint something, the color choices I use doesn't seem to fit with the image.

Sometimes i work with the settings, like image -> adjustments -> color balance. But mostly i guess i jsut go from experience, and what i learnt about colors in school.

Also, a little wip. Im calling him Captain Average.

LaserKarls Art Thread

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Meh, i'll say he's done.

The text says "my average sense is tingeling! i'm WAY to high up".

..its called humor. it sucks.

LaserKarls Art Thread

Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 12/17/08 07:08 PM, LaserKarl wrote: Meh, i'll say he's done.

The text says "my average sense is tingeling! i'm WAY to high up".

..its called humor. it sucks.

well you made me chuckle nicely done, I am also a fan of that strange white monkey dog thing you created, I guess cause I see you draw a lot of people or robots its a nice change.

Sexual goodness.


My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 07:39 PM Reply

you're such a beast LK, i want to be able to digitally paint like you sometime in the future


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 12/17/08 07:21 PM, Henry-nougat wrote:
well you made me chuckle nicely done, I am also a fan of that strange white monkey dog thing you created, I guess cause I see you draw a lot of people or robots its a nice change.

haha, thats good.
I enjoy the little monkey-thing aswell, hes a fun character.

At 12/17/08 07:39 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: you're such a beast LK, i want to be able to digitally paint like you sometime in the future

haha thank you! Im not that awesome, i just spend to much time doing this.

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 11:16 PM Reply

well in my opinion your pretty awesome, you've got lots of style and plenty of skill to back it up.

I think i've got the style part down, working on building up the skill :-P I'll get there someday


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 10:58 AM Reply

At 12/17/08 11:16 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: well in my opinion your pretty awesome, you've got lots of style and plenty of skill to back it up.

I think i've got the style part down, working on building up the skill :-P I'll get there someday

Well thank you, glad to hear that!

Its all about practising and listening to critique, really.

also, 1000 views per page in this thread? thats crazy!
threadwood
threadwood
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 12/17/08 07:08 PM, LaserKarl wrote: Meh, i'll say he's done.

The text says "my average sense is tingeling! i'm WAY to high up".

..its called humor. it sucks.

pretty funny :)
but you used the wrong "to", it should be "too".
also, i really like the shapes coming from his head that represent his tingling sense.

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 12/18/08 12:20 PM, threadwood wrote: pretty funny :)
but you used the wrong "to", it should be "too".
also, i really like the shapes coming from his head that represent his tingling sense.

Argh, i knew i'd screw up the spelling somehow. Typical.

Glad you liked it!

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 11:05 AM Reply

A new WIP.

gonna work more with enviroments, so that i can work with better backgrounds later.

LaserKarls Art Thread

JohanL
JohanL
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 12/19/08 11:05 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A new WIP.

gonna work more with enviroments, so that i can work with better backgrounds later.

I love this one, It has a great feeling to it!
All the other updates look great aswell, you are an inspiration.

RadioactiveRabies
RadioactiveRabies
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 01:41 PM Reply

gonna work more with enviroments

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1004 715 :3
Ugh i need publicity :P

mynamewontfitin
mynamewontfitin
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 12/19/08 11:05 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A new WIP.

gonna work more with enviroments, so that i can work with better backgrounds later.

fuck yeah! :) haha. i love environment stuff. I really like where this one is going.

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 06:32 AM Reply

Thank you guys!

Also, yesterday was nothing else but art, thought i'd share it with you.

LaserKarls Art Thread

ArthurGhostly
ArthurGhostly
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Animator
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 12/19/08 11:05 AM, LaserKarl wrote: gonna work more with enviroments, so that i can work with better backgrounds later.

I love the colours. Makes it seem like a real slum.
A working man's town. That vertical water-mill is a nice touch.

The only problems I can see is that, towards the bottom. Particularly the bottom left and right - it gets a little hard to distinguish between the cliff face and the buildings.

Also - it doesn't look like the cliff has any parts jutting out from it's surface - which makes me wonder how these buildings are staying up there, and also how people have access to them.


BBS Signature
ArthurGhostly
ArthurGhostly
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Animator
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 12/20/08 08:42 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: The only problems I can see is that, towards the bottom. Particularly the bottom left and right - it gets a little hard to distinguish between the cliff face and the buildings.

I meant the bottom of the buildings, there.
That's no where near the bottom of the image.

Haha.


BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 12/20/08 08:42 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 12/19/08 11:05 AM, LaserKarl wrote: gonna work more with enviroments, so that i can work with better backgrounds later.
I love the colours. Makes it seem like a real slum.
A working man's town. That vertical water-mill is a nice touch.

The only problems I can see is that, towards the bottom. Particularly the bottom left and right - it gets a little hard to distinguish between the cliff face and the buildings.

Also - it doesn't look like the cliff has any parts jutting out from it's surface - which makes me wonder how these buildings are staying up there, and also how people have access to them.

Thank you! The problems you see are gonna be fixed, thanks for pointing them out.

A small update, i dont know how im proceeding, it feels like i messed up the colors.

LaserKarls Art Thread

e-m-b-r-i-o
e-m-b-r-i-o
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 10:13 AM Reply

the color scheme is odd... but it still looks cool... great idea... just work it man!.. beat the shit out of it till it looks finished... maybe use your current color scheme as a base, do a contrasting scheme on the buildings to make them pop... love your stuff. That's why I voted for you.


NEW DPI STUDIOS ART BOOK CAMPAIGN
CHECK IT
COME LOOK>> BUY A BOOK :)

BBS Signature
ArthurGhostly
ArthurGhostly
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Animator
Response to LaserKarls Art Thread Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 12/21/08 10:04 AM, LaserKarl wrote: A small update, i dont know how im proceeding, it feels like i messed up the colors.

That's shaping up nicely, man. :)

May I ask why you flipped it round?
I noticed you did that with another one of your paintings.

Is there any reason for this?
Or just personal preference?

It's just when I make something - it'll look totally weird to me when the image gets mirrored.


BBS Signature