00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Random manga character

765 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Random manga character 2006-09-20 03:56:49

This is a random manga character that I drew A while ago. The pockets are to small though.

Random manga character

BBS Signature

Response to Random manga character 2006-09-20 04:31:46

The real problem with this piece is the ridiculously flawed anatomy. It's obvious that you enjoy the style of manga but you really need to go back to the fundamentals of art. You need to learn to draw before you learn style.

Start with still life studies & pick up an anatomy study book. They're readily available. Once you start to grasp basic structural elements of how things work, move onto lighting/depth (this also includes line variation and other such techniques that stylized art uses to create a sense of mass, depth and weight).

Stay away from digital art and focus primarily with learning to utilize traditional tools first. Digital art does nothing more than recreate traditional techniques... so you have to go straight to the source.

If you've got any questions, or just don't know where to start feel free to drop me a PM.

I'm not trying to sound harsh at all, I think this shows a lot of potential.. you have fairly developed character potential in this piece.

Keep drawing, but head back to the basics.

There's always room for improvement!

Response to Random manga character 2007-04-09 17:15:27

Pretty good trousers, I have trouble with that. But as for the face, disastarous. Dude, those eyes don't suit the shape you gave the face, the arms look as if they have a million joints, when really they should go straight, bend, then straight then another joint for the hand. It's confusing I know, but you need to work on proportion!

"If I were a bad Demoman, I wouldn't be sittin' 'ere talkin' about it!"

-Demoman from Team Fortress 2

BBS Signature

Response to Random manga character 2007-04-09 17:56:32

Learn to draw before making stylized art.

Response to Random manga character 2007-04-09 19:21:18

Way better than anything I can do

c