New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 10:42:56 Reply

At 10/16/06 08:13 AM, DFox wrote: Thanks, glad you like :)

I'll try to check it out later when I get home from work.

Jordan
Jordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 13:38:04 Reply

Is it just me, or have newgrounds switched to Google Ads?

Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 13:39:24 Reply

At 10/16/06 01:38 PM, Jordan wrote: Is it just me, or have newgrounds switched to Google Ads?

I see google ads once in a while but they're on rotation with the rest of the ads.

elbekko
elbekko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 13:40:13 Reply

At 10/16/06 01:38 PM, Jordan wrote: Is it just me, or have newgrounds switched to Google Ads?

Ads?

Adblock plus ftw

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown [ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature
Jordan
Jordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 14:00:15 Reply

At 10/16/06 01:40 PM, elbekko wrote:
Adblock plus ftw

Naa, i like to support webmasters whos only income is from adverts.

Normal adverts don't annoy me, unless extremely overused or in the way; its popups and things that obstruct your view of the page that you should block.

elbekko
elbekko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-16 14:04:24 Reply

I have nothing against supporting webmasters, but some sites are just loaded with ads =/
Even google ads can get annoying then.

And I'm pretty sure the pay-per-view is still working, as it's still loading them, just now showing :)

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown [ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature
Storm
Storm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-19 23:57:46 Reply

At 10/16/06 02:00 PM, Jordan wrote: Normal adverts don't annoy me, unless extremely overused or in the way; its popups and things that obstruct your view of the page that you should block.

The most types of adverts that annoy me are:

- The "The page will continue to your destination in 25 seconds"
- "DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!!!" with the annoying flashy stuff.
- The popups that come up into the middle of the page
- "CONGRATS! YOU HAVE WON..."

Why do people have to put these stupid adverts. I simply prefer google ads.... text, no more.

eWhabs
eWhabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 00:24:15 Reply

Hey, is there anything new with that programming contest idea?

DFox, have you got any reply to your PM??

-Disregard females (fuck bitches) -Acquire currency (get money) -Ignite cannabis frequently (smoke sum with your homies)

BBS Signature
Jordan
Jordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 03:18:48 Reply

At 10/19/06 11:57 PM, Storm wrote: Why do people have to put these stupid adverts. I simply prefer google ads.... text, no more.

Because nobody clicks boring old text ads. ;)

Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 11:36:02 Reply

Ah! I'm so frustrated!

1. One of our customers is an asshole!
2. One of our other customers lost stuff that he needed to give us to modify (he claims it was in one of the boxes he gave to us last week - yeah, right!)
3. I'm bored out of my mind because I have nothing to really do (again). It's been pretty dead the past few days :/
4. I have to go to the dentist at 3 >:( (only for a cleaning, but still...)

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 11:49:32 Reply

At 10/20/06 11:36 AM, Jessii wrote: Ah! I'm so frustrated!

1. One of our customers is an asshole!

Buy him a butt plug, he'll get the hint.

2. One of our other customers lost stuff that he needed to give us to modify (he claims it was in one of the boxes he gave to us last week - yeah, right!)

Give him a box. with nothing in it. Tell him you modified everything that was in it when you got it.

3. I'm bored out of my mind because I have nothing to really do (again). It's been pretty dead the past few days :/

Come do my homework for me.

Buy him a buttplug too.

Craige
Craige
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 12:36:17 Reply

At 10/20/06 11:49 AM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 10/20/06 11:36 AM, Jessii wrote: 2. One of our other customers lost stuff that he needed to give us to modify (he claims it was in one of the boxes he gave to us last week - yeah, right!)
Give him a box. with nothing in it. Tell him you modified everything that was in it when you got it.

That would be funny. I would like to see it.

Or mine. I have an overdue history assignment.

Buy him a buttplug too.

lmao. I had to laugh at that one.

Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 12:43:22 Reply

At 10/20/06 11:49 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: Buy him a butt plug, he'll get the hint.

We hung up on him yesterday (last Friday he told us to ship his parts UPS red, so we did even though it was going about an hr and 15 min away and UPS lost the box - so he keeps calling and be a real ass at the same time)

That's an idea. He won't think the joke is too funny though (I already argued with him about it this morning).

Do your own damn work you lazy ass :P

Buy him a buttplug too.

lol nah! it won't be that bad except my mouth will hurt like hell afterwards (I think it's clean Jess's mouth with the waterpik day >:( )

smulse
smulse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 13:40:57 Reply

JOKES!!!

How can you tell if theres a drummer at the door?
The knocking gets faster.

How can you tell if theres a singer at the door?
They can never find the right key.

How can you tell if theres a painist at the door?
Nobody cares.

Okay yeah it was lame xD

BBS Signature
eWhabs
eWhabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 13:44:29 Reply

At 10/20/06 01:40 PM, Smulse wrote: Okay yeah it was lame xD

You said it :| !

-Disregard females (fuck bitches) -Acquire currency (get money) -Ignite cannabis frequently (smoke sum with your homies)

BBS Signature
DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 14:57:04 Reply

At 10/20/06 01:40 PM, Smulse wrote: Okay yeah it was lame xD

Meh, needs a little work :)

BBS Signature
Mister-Mind
Mister-Mind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 15:33:31 Reply

Hows the programming crew site going?

Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 16:21:07 Reply

Update on the dentist front: I'm now told that it's life or death if I don't get the last 3 wisdom teeth taken out >:( well maybe not death, but they're not grown in fully and one's impacted (stuck below the gumline) because I don't have enough room. I'm sooo not happy! Not only is it expensive, but it's just a royal pain, literally!

Mister-Mind
Mister-Mind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 16:54:42 Reply

Dont when they remove youre molars. Theres a slim chance that if its below the gumline when they remove it if they touch the bone or something that you have a chance of being a parapaligic. But thats like a 1% chance. Thats what my dentist told me when my bros molars were being removed.

Best of luck jessica. =)

cherries
cherries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 16:56:36 Reply

Im grounded till January.

0x41
0x41
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 17:30:21 Reply

At 10/20/06 04:54 PM, novalyfe wrote: Dont when they remove youre molars. Theres a slim chance that if its below the gumline when they remove it if they touch the bone or something that you have a chance of being a parapaligic. But thats like a 1% chance. Thats what my dentist told me when my bros molars were being removed.

Best of luck jessica. =)

I'd be concerned because it sounds like your dentist doesn't know what he's talking about. Or he was just joking.

Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-20 19:57:58 Reply

At 10/20/06 04:54 PM, novalyfe wrote: they touch the bone or something that you have a chance of being a parapaligic. But thats like a 1% chance. Thats what my dentist told me when my bros molars were being removed.

Dude! You're wrong! I've had one removed and there's a NERVE in your mouth there that can cause paralysis or numbness in your lip. You can't become a paralyzed from it. Your freakin spinal cord needs to have a major problem with it in order to become paralyzed. I think next time you need to research :X

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 01:56:39 Reply

Hmm...
So I'm working on this Chess game in C for class.....
It reads in a "board" from a text file, displays it, and then displays every way that white can put black in check with ONEmove only.

So essentially I just have to run through a chess board and calculate every possible move for every possible piece and display anything that puts black in check.... Sound simple enough?

I thought it was done last night ( I've been working on it solid since last saturday ) but as it turns out, Rooks had a special case where they would slide right off the board and fuck everything up...

I'm still trying to fix it.

It would be EASY, but we got a few restrictions with the assignment...
1) No data structures. You don't need them.
2) Use only one board. No temporary boards for the moves, it's inefficient. ( No data structures is inefficient too..... apparently that doesn't matter )

So my basic algorithm is to loop through the board, and call the function for each piece as it finds them. These methods will (using a pawn for an example) move the piece straight up. Then check to see if black or white are in check. Then move the piece back. Now check if the pawn can attack on the diagonals. If it can, make the attack, and see if either player is in check. Move the piece back. That's all a pawn can do, exit the function

The board keeps going, looking for the next piece.

This is all fine and dandy, until you have a rook, that keeps on sliding until it runs into a piece of its own color, or captures a black piece. The problem is occurring somewhere with my references to the location of the piece. As it moves accross the board, once in a while the row and column values go too far, and when I try to reset the piece at boar[ row ][ column ] it resets a random piece of data from memory, instead of the rook I want. This fucks up the whole board, because now the rook is left in the far left corner, or wherever it was, and I have an @ or a blank or something else where the rook should be, and the program doesn't like it.

I get missing or extra moves that shouldn't be there, and a fucked up board in the end...

Any suggestions? :P

If anyone read all that, I'll give you a cookie.
RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 03:26:55 Reply

... I said fuck it and added a second board. Made my life SO much easier.. everything works fine now.

elbekko
elbekko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 05:09:49 Reply

Couldn't you just have put an if statement before moving the piece that checks if the move can be done? >=/

BBS Signature
Jordan
Jordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 11:04:55 Reply

Kurt got suspended for hacking his school's website.

How 1337.
eWhabs
eWhabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 11:30:05 Reply

At 10/21/06 11:04 AM, Jordan wrote: Kurt got suspended for hacking his school's website.

How 1337.

Haha, I did but they never found out :P

they suck

BBS Signature
elbekko
elbekko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 11:37:07 Reply

I demand that every parser shall put a restriction on the amount of 'lol's in a post.

BBS Signature
Jessii
Jessii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 13:01:16 Reply

At 10/21/06 11:37 AM, elbekko wrote: I demand that every parser shall put a restriction on the amount of 'lol's in a post.

lol ok lol :P

eWhabs
eWhabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-21 13:03:18 Reply

At 10/21/06 11:37 AM, elbekko wrote: I demand that every parser shall put a restriction on the amount of 'lol's in a post.

lol that would be funny lol but why a minumum number of 'lol's lol? That's stupid lol

lol

BBS Signature