New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dig-the-Man
Dig-the-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 3/31/03 01:59 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: It may seem to be uneccesary work for the mods to state a reason, but I think it would go a long way towards battling anti-mod sentiments.

I wasn't really aware that there were anti-mod sentiments here... I mean this is a fairly open forum. Is there any examples of people posting anti-mod threads (may be redundant).

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 05:38 PM Reply

I myself made a, not entirely anti mod thread, but demading changes to the way things work between the mods and us.
This led to the great bleakness of february, during which Freak left us for a while as a result of my post.
I've realized that without a restructuring of the power distribution across NG, mods are still an integral part of th BBS, without which we are powerless.
The the general, more so than here, there is still an anti-mod sentiment, and stating reasons for locks may help stop this.

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Hey a little off topic but is there a link where you can see the diffrent levels you can reach with blam and protection points. I swear that there was one. Any I guess I should post something political hmmmmm...... Saddam is neither Sad nor a Dam discuss :-)

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Newgrounds FAQ II
(http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=58090)
Just scroll down a lil bit
Thanks to Newgrundling

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
redruM
redruM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 07:48 PM Reply

This is Ramagi's version : http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=53726&page=3

Can't be entirely sure which is more accurate, but seeing as how Ramagi is the only one who can currently make sure as she goes along, you might want to follow her's.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 3/31/03 01:59 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: What I really dislike is all the "mystery locks".
It when you go to post in a topic, and it's been locked for an unknown reason.
It may seem to be uneccesary work for the mods to state a reason, but I think it would go a long way towards battling anti-mod sentiments.

Yeah, sometimes I see topics that I don't think should be really locked. But, most of the topics I see that get locked are locked for the right reason - repetition of topics (NG users should stop bugging other users for reviving dead topics, it prevents the forums from getting a lot of topics that have the exact idea of topics that have "died", but were not deleted, besides, revived topics already have some old posts, sometimes with good points and ideas, to start the new posts up), spam, unreasonable agressive manner, and many other things not helping the forums.

So, mods do deserve a lot of credits for clearing the BBS from junk, just like blammers clear the portal of junk. I know people do get pissed when they get banned and have their topics deleted, but it's usually for the right reasons.

Sometimes, mods should leave reasons for why they lock up a topic, but many times, it's pretty obvious what the reason is. And, I have seen many messages left by mods in locked topics, like "This topic already exists, go to...[and then the link]".

Whoa, too much text on something that's not even so related. I got too many ideas in my brain, I should really think less.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 09:47 PM Reply

I just thought of an interesting question...

Who is everybody's least favorite people on BBS, for me it's.

1. Benisverycool
2. veggiemeal
3. thenark

And nobody better say me... I'm very sensitive *sniffs*

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/31/03 06:00 PM, panik wrote: Hey a little off topic but is there a link where you can see the diffrent levels you can reach with blam and protection points. I swear that there was one. Any I guess I should post something political hmmmmm...... Saddam is neither Sad nor a Dam discuss :-)

Damn, I'm only Elite Guard Private, lowest rank for elite guards, and I've been at this for a while, and this rank seems pretty low when you look at the list for all the ranks... I stopped blamming and saving movies a while ago, I only do it sometimes so I can vote off my daily 5, to deposit my 10 experience points.

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 3/31/03 09:47 PM, jimsween wrote: I just thought of an interesting question...

Who is everybody's least favorite people on BBS, for me it's.

1. Benisverycool
2. veggiemeal
3. thenark

And nobody better say me... I'm very sensitive *sniffs*

good god, who cares? honestly? does it really matter? are we in third grade again making a list of people we hate? maybe you should brng a gun to the BBS and kill the people you don't like [sarcasm] a la Pico. just cut it out jimsween.

Dig-the-Man
Dig-the-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 02:56 PM Reply

I just found a fine example of MOD hatred here on Newgrounds...

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=60785

Quite funny actually, too bad he/she is probably mentally unstable....

TheEvilOne
TheEvilOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 4/1/03 02:56 PM, Dig_the_Man wrote: I just found a fine example of MOD hatred here on Newgrounds...

Ouch. Looks like someone is just begging to be banned. Nothing wrong with not liking mods, in my opinion, but posting something like that is flat out insane.

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 03:31 PM Reply

The dude who posted that is at level one and has 37 posts. 37 posts is far to few to give a shit about the moderaters. That is obviously a back up profile, thus he doesn't care if it gets banned.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 4/1/03 04:01 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
good god, who cares? honestly? does it really matter? are we in third grade again making a list of people we hate? maybe you should brng a gun to the BBS and kill the people you don't like [sarcasm] a la Pico. just cut it out jimsween.

I just said it cause i thought it would make people realize that there were people here who everybody hates.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 4/1/03 03:31 PM, implodinggoat wrote: The dude who posted that is at level one and has 37 posts. 37 posts is far to few to give a shit about the moderaters. That is obviously a back up profile, thus he doesn't care if it gets banned.

Yeah, obviously it's not someone's primary account, just an extra account that was made - it's obvious that he expected a locked up topic and a ban. Hmmmm... Can mods find your ip?

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 4/1/03 06:29 PM, Mr_Y wrote:
At 4/1/03 03:31 PM, implodinggoat wrote: The dude who posted that is at level one and has 37 posts. 37 posts is far to few to give a shit about the moderaters. That is obviously a back up profile, thus he doesn't care if it gets banned.
Yeah, obviously it's not someone's primary account, just an extra account that was made - it's obvious that he expected a locked up topic and a ban. Hmmmm... Can mods find your ip?

I think they can but just because it can be done doesn't mean that was what this dude was thinking. He's not neccesarily true that this dude is the brightest bulb out there.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2003 @ 10:51 PM Reply

At 4/1/03 09:02 PM, implodinggoat wrote: I think they can but just because it can be done doesn't mean that was what this dude was thinking. He's not neccesarily true that this dude is the brightest bulb out there.

Well, I guess it was a pretty dumb thing to do. Mods are like cops on NewGrounds, and well, most of the time when people get caught by cops, their planned escape route does not cover some things they don't think of. In other cases, they just mess up their plan, or do not have a plane at all.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 06:54 AM Reply

Let's have something NEW to discuss on here.
How about.......

Are ponies pretty?

ZenGaijin
ZenGaijin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Yes Ponies are pretty there like the only animal people likewhen they fully grow up.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature
Dig-the-Man
Dig-the-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 4/2/03 06:54 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: Let's have something NEW to discuss on here.
How about.......

Are ponies pretty?

Mmmmm ponies... I mean... ahhh yeah, sure, they're pretty...

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 4/2/03 06:54 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: Let's have something NEW to discuss on here.
How about.......

Are ponies pretty?

(I'll start some controversy)Boooooo!! Ponies!! Ponies Suck!! the only good pony is a dead pony or a live pony walking to the glue factory. Ponies make great glue.....and steaks. Pony meat is so delicious. Yummy

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 01:08 PM Reply

Wow! ok I can't belive no one has said anything about the affirmative action case in the US Supreme Court now against Michigan State. If you havent heard of it, the court is trying to determine whether AA is constitutional or not. Personal I don't belive it is because it causes discrimination and prefferential treatment based on race. Even though it is designed to diversify a population it still is not constitutional because it gives someone more merit than another person based on skin color. If one unconstitutional act is performed and it only effects one person unconstitutionally then it is wrong regardless of what it is trying to achive. Diversity in colleges and workplaces aregoing to have to be maintained some other way than from AA. (Sorry about any spelling typos, I never have been good at spelling)

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Here is a link to the NY times on the subject. You may have to register to read it though. But check it out somewhere. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/02/politics/02SCOT.html

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Hello? panik?
We're trying to discuss something INTERSTING here....

so. back to ponies. I brush mine's tail every day.

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 03:42 PM Reply

hahahah, I swear this place makes me chuckle every day. Yeah yeah ponies. come on people there is a huge thing going on in the Supream court right now. Ok I am going to double post because I want some reactions so look for the AA in the main topic list and respond there.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 4/2/03 03:42 PM, panik wrote: hahahah, I swear this place makes me chuckle every day. Yeah yeah ponies. come on people there is a huge thing going on in the Supream court right now. Ok I am going to double post because I want some reactions so look for the AA in the main topic list and respond there.

All in favor of talking about ponies say I... Thats what I thought, PONIES IT IS!!!

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 06:29 PM Reply

minelikestoeatapplesandsugarandmilkandcarrotsandilove herandcuddleherandsqueezeherandpetherandcombherandlove herandrubherandshelovesmeandshelovestorun

Jiperly
Jiperly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 09:09 PM Reply

am i a regular yet?

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 09:17 PM Reply

Your first post in here was about 2 weeks ago, and I've never heard of you, so no.
But feel free to post and become one.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2003 @ 09:27 PM Reply

WARNING WARNING WARNING

I've noticed a few regulars and semi-regulars have dissapeared. We need to bolster our ranks and woo them back.
Among the missing in action-
Most pominent-
NEMESiZ
NoNameProphet
Judge_DREDD
House_Of_Leaves

I might add that NoName and House were some of the most promising new members I'd ever seen.
Other assorted members I can't remember.
And does anyone know when Doc_Arbitrary is due back?

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2003 @ 12:02 AM Reply

Alright, men, we're leading a revolution against MSN and Ameritech. I had DSL again for a few days then they said they were switching carriers and I was now out of range. I live in the damn state capitol! Now I'm back on 56K until I can find another DSL company!

Aaaaah!!

*raises pitchfork*

Onward to the Bastille!

BBS Signature