New Topic Respond to this Topic
mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 02:23 AM Reply

you know, i always wondered what the whole deal with the yin yang was and what it entailed to one who dons it in their sig. so what exactly does that mean? hmm Ted?

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 3/28/03 01:39 AM, TheEvilOne wrote: Well, we can always use more ways to put those unwanted AOL CDs to good use...

Martha Stewart says:
"Ok, now you'll want a few power tools for this project. Preferablly a Jigsaw and a Sander.
Now, on a sheet of paper, design a nice Japanese-style throwing star.
Tape the cd to the paper, shiny side facing the paper.
Now you're ready to go to work!
I suggest using a vice grip to hold the cd in place while you saw. Now, as you cut along the pattern, you may want to tape the paper over the new edges to hold it in place.

When you're done with the pattern-cut, Use the sander to sharpen the edges, and voila! You now have turned your old AOL cds into leathal weapons to use against federal prosecutors! And that is a good thing"

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 06:48 AM Reply

You're more than welcome to add the coveted ying yang to your sign, Panik.

And mysecondstar- the ying yang is the symbol of approval of the politics crew, given to all it's members. It's only given to someone known to make intelligent posts, respectful debates, and humourous accusations;).
It's so when you see a post with the ying yang, you know it's a respectable person making it.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 06:50 AM Reply

And, on a more depressing note, I find myself less driven to post. I think I might take a little break and be back in a few days. Call it my sabbatical.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 09:34 AM Reply

At 3/28/03 06:50 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: And, on a more depressing note, I find myself less driven to post. I think I might take a little break and be back in a few days. Call it my sabbatical.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just got off my break. Eh, still waiting for MSN to get me a working DSL modem, this is the second they've sent that's failed after a week. Doing most of the posting from school.

In other news, I came across this:

"Iraqi forces, in an attempt to counterattack the use of assault ladders in urban warfare, have mobilized short range suicide Yaks. Also, the United States has moved in to bomb several strategic barbershops, hoping to curb the use of dangerous Iraqi Pompadors during combat."

- Note this isn't real.

BBS Signature
Commander-K25
Commander-K25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 01:39 AM, TheEvilOne wrote: Well, we can always use more ways to put those unwanted AOL CDs to good use...

Sorry, but AOL CDs are explicitly banned in combat by international treaty. They are considered cruel and barbaric punishment and cause the most junkmail induced battlefield casualties per year. Third worlkd nations have been known to use them as instruments of torture.

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 06:33 PM Reply

I like the signature pic....it gives my posts some flair.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 04:36 PM, Commander-K25 wrote:
Sorry, but AOL CDs are explicitly banned in combat by international treaty. They are considered cruel and barbaric punishment and cause the most junkmail induced battlefield casualties per year. Third worlkd nations have been known to use them as instruments of torture.

dont you mean AOL itself is the instrument of torture, logging you off as youre halfway through a four-hour download?

connies the worst though. any AOL users agree with me?

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 02:32 AM, TheShrike wrote: Martha Stewart says:
"Ok, now you'll want a few power tools for this project. Preferablly a Jigsaw and a Sander.
Now, on a sheet of paper, design a nice Japanese-style throwing star.
Tape the cd to the paper, shiny side facing the paper.
Now you're ready to go to work!
I suggest using a vice grip to hold the cd in place while you saw. Now, as you cut along the pattern, you may want to tape the paper over the new edges to hold it in place.

When you're done with the pattern-cut, Use the sander to sharpen the edges, and voila! You now have turned your old AOL cds into leathal weapons to use against federal prosecutors! And that is a good thing"

Yeah, I was gonna say that, even before I read this page! Good I viewed this page before I posted. True, AOL cds are dangerous. And also there's a great supply of them, since they're being mass produced.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 06:48 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: You're more than welcome to add the coveted ying yang to your sign, Panik.

And mysecondstar- the ying yang is the symbol of approval of the politics crew, given to all it's members. It's only given to someone known to make intelligent posts, respectful debates, and humourous accusations;).
It's so when you see a post with the ying yang, you know it's a respectable person making it.

I just want to add to that... to answer mysecondstar's question. I understand it, even though I'm not part of the crew. Obviously, the money sign is a symbol of greed (dark and evil), and the peace sign is a symbol of the opposite, well, not exactly the opposite, you can be a peaceful and greedy country, but peace is a symbol of light and good. Yeah, the members of the politics crew use it for intelligence posts, mostly in this forum.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 09:34 AM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote: In other news, I came across this:

"Iraqi forces, in an attempt to counterattack the use of assault ladders in urban warfare, have mobilized short range suicide Yaks. Also, the United States has moved in to bomb several strategic barbershops, hoping to curb the use of dangerous Iraqi Pompadors during combat."

- Note this isn't real.

Might as well use exploding shopping carts, missile launching goats, money-on-a-string baits (classic), or maybe armed ice cream trucks. Ads stating that they have free movie passes with a purchase of any cereal box work too.

Na, of course they don't work. I'll bet the Iraqi forces are running out of ideas how to "surprise" their enemy.

Well, I guess I've shared enough of those crazy ideas. I'll stop for a while, in case people are pissed at me for not being funny.

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 06:48 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: It's so when you see a post with the ying yang, you know it's a respectable person making it.

me thinks i'm a respectable person...and implodinggoat' gold yin yang is oh so cool. heh. don't know if i want to join a crew and such...

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 10:32 PM Reply

On a side note about AOL,
The reason why they're floundering is because they're using tactics that worked in 1990 (ie ignoring electronic spam, and spamming people's real mailboxes with 'free' software.)

Die, Steve Case, Die.

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm finaly out on my own. I have DSL and not one piece of spam in 3 years.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
TheEvilOne
TheEvilOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 10:36 PM Reply

If I'm not mistaken, didn't both Steve Case and Ted Turner recently resign from AOL Time Warner?

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 11:16 PM Reply

Yes, both did.

And I'd still like to say "DIE STEVE CASE".

He did, afterall bring us the evil that is AOL.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 29th, 2003 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 3/28/03 07:48 PM, Mr_Y wrote: I just want to add to that... to answer mysecondstar's question. I understand it, even though I'm not part of the crew. Obviously, the money sign is a symbol of greed (dark and evil), and the peace sign is a symbol of the opposite, well, not exactly the opposite, you can be a peaceful and greedy country, but peace is a symbol of light and good. Yeah, the members of the politics crew use it for intelligence posts, mostly in this forum.

Hey man why do you equate greed with evil?

Haven't you ever seen Wall Street?

"Greed is good, greed will save America."

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 29th, 2003 @ 08:24 PM Reply

Evil is such a simple concept.

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 29th, 2003 @ 10:09 PM Reply

Hey check out the Audio Portal....I'm the featured artist. Booyah!

Anti-corruption
Anti-corruption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 01:58 AM Reply

Posted: 3/29/03 08:22 PM

At 3/28/03 07:48 PM, Mr_Y wrote: I just want to add to that... to answer mysecondstar's question. I understand it, even though I'm not part of the crew. Obviously, the money sign is a symbol of greed (dark and evil), and the peace sign is a symbol of the opposite, well, not exactly the opposite, you can be a peaceful and greedy country, but peace is a symbol of light and good. Yeah, the members of the politics crew use it for intelligence posts, mostly in this forum.

Money is just an object. it cannot stand on either the pure or the evil sides. but human can do it.

Greed isn't bad. it is just netural personality.
Greed can spurt a person to work harder and produce better and more results.

and it's the human actions that reveal whether his action is good or evil. whether his action is enthical and constructive. or evil and destructive.

and this ppl should be stop immediately with quick and constructive methods. before it ruins everyone.

implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 05:59 PM Reply

I got accepted to UNC Chapel Hill, no suprise or anything but still its nice to know.

Hopefully they will have a decent basketball team again by the time I'm a senior there.

If they don't get to the final four at least once while I'm there I'll be pissed.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 06:34 PM Reply

I just wanted to adress an issue, Have I gone insane? I ask this because after reading a few posts I noticed nemesis trying (while he wasnt trying that hard) to be more peacfull when posting and shrike was insulting him. Is it just me or is anyone else confused?

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 3/30/03 06:34 PM, jimsween wrote: I just wanted to adress an issue, Have I gone insane?

*laughs*

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 07:35 PM Reply

Yay! I got banned yesturday for 5 days by Stuporman, but after I E-mailed him he dropped the ban, since it was my first ban. Phew, I'm lucky. (I can't say exactly what I got banned for, lest I get banned again, but it wasn't spamming, wasn't being offensive against another NewGrounds member - I hardly do that stuff - I was trying to help someone - seriously helping, however, I included something in it that can be used against NG to sue the site, but anyway, thanks for dropping the ban man, if you're reading this, I won't do it again).

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 07:42 PM Reply

Hmm.. posting about warez or roms, perhaps? As far as I know, that's the only thing that could be labeled taboo and help here.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate

I know what It iiiissss... Ive read up on the rules of BBS and im pretty sure I know what it is. I cant imagine what it would be like to get banned... Ugh

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate

At 3/28/03 11:16 PM, TheShrike wrote: Yes, both did.

And I'd still like to say "DIE STEVE CASE".

He did, afterall bring us the evil that is AOL.

LoL, I noticed there are less and less AOL cds in my mailbox. There were a lot of CDs before, but they (I think completely) stopped sending them, and they also stopped including those CDs free in computer magazines, so I guess that is obvious that evil AOL is going bankrupt. PRO: no more mailbox spam, no more trash on roofs and the streets, one less common waste item to deal with. CON: no more projectiles to throw. :(. Ah well, I guess overall, it's still a good thing.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 3/30/03 06:34 PM, jimsween wrote: I just wanted to adress an issue, Have I gone insane? I ask this because after reading a few posts I noticed nemesis trying (while he wasnt trying that hard) to be more peacfull when posting and shrike was insulting him. Is it just me or is anyone else confused?

Yeah, I just looked over the posts, and when I think about it, it does seem to be pretty weird. That is pretty strange, cuz it's a totally different story in different topics. I guess I'm a little confused too.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2003 @ 07:49 PM Reply

To be completely honest, it's because I'm under a good bit of stress, and there is no easier thing to target than the words that come out of his mouth. Looking at my recent posts, tho- yeah...

As to why Nemmy is being more peaceful... who knows?

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 11:42 AM Reply

Yeah, I'm back! Internet is all fixed and I'm cruising at DSL speeds again. I'm guessing you haven't all killed each other?

BBS Signature
Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2003 @ 01:59 PM Reply

What I really dislike is all the "mystery locks".
It when you go to post in a topic, and it's been locked for an unknown reason.
It may seem to be uneccesary work for the mods to state a reason, but I think it would go a long way towards battling anti-mod sentiments.