New Topic Respond to this Topic
implodinggoat
implodinggoat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2003 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 3/26/03 08:26 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: You may see a ying yang in mine and other's signatures.
This is the symbol of the Politics Crew, an organization for exactly that.
Tell me if you wish to apply to join, and I'll look over your posts and issue my verdict. :)

I would sort of like to join, argueing errr... debating about politics is one of my favorite past times.

Dig-the-Man
Dig-the-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2003 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 3/26/03 08:26 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: You may see a ying yang in mine and other's signatures.
This is the symbol of the Politics Crew, an organization for exactly that.
Tell me if you wish to apply to join, and I'll look over your posts and issue my verdict. :)

I would love to join... jus' hope I wrote enough. I have just recently been abducted by Newgrounds so... here is hoping...

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2003 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 3/26/03 03:33 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
well i'm sure if we threw you into the middle of the desert in a middle of a sandstorm we'll see how well you can navigate through that. it's a mistake that happens. unfortunately, they made that mistake at the wrong place at the wrong time. perhaps we would put robots out there so they don't screw up like us humans? right...

Yeah, I guess it's hard to follow the GIANT COLUMN OF TANKS when there's sand flying around.

Commander-K25
Commander-K25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2003 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 3/26/03 09:56 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote:
Yeah, I guess it's hard to follow the GIANT COLUMN OF TANKS when there's sand flying around.

Sandstorms can be pretty fierce. Visibility can drop to almost nothing in those conditions.

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 12:56 AM Reply

At 3/26/03 09:56 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Yeah, I guess it's hard to follow the GIANT COLUMN OF TANKS when there's sand flying around.

it's hard to follow the giant column of tanks that is kicking up sand with more sand plying around at the same time flying at 40 mph as tracks become covered up and you can't see the tank in front of you because of all the sand and you can't hear them because of the roaring winds.

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 12:57 AM Reply

I'm back. Anyone notice I was gone?

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 12:59 AM Reply

Uhhhh....yeah...

ichbincow
ichbincow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:04 AM Reply

Jane fonda aka HANOI HANA=typcal of the hollywood mentality which is prevalent today as it was then.

nuff said

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:14 AM Reply

*yawn* study break I have a physiological pschycology test tommorow. BOring stuff. You guys and girls (house of leaves) are much more interresting. I havent been on the last few days (Miss me ?) so I read through the old posts and I guess it seems that people really don't need to let off anymore steam for awhile. I guess everybody has accepted the fact that there is a war and has settled in for the long haul and waiting to see what happens. I think that we just need to send a huge force and overwhelm them...and we need catapults, scaling ladders and battering rams to combat their ditches of oil. Great now their going to get pointy sticks like in brave heart to stop our tanks. I would admire these enemy soldiers for their cunning if they were'nt fighting for such an evil man (saddam not bush if there was any confusion). Any way back to the books I guess. I really enjoy coming to this thread, I say we keep this thread and not put it under clubs. Who wants to join a club when you can join a Society. The Regulars Thread Society. Support your troops. Panik

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:25 AM Reply

i missed you panik! it's been a while since i've seen the "i want to be JudgeMeHarshX" sig. good stuff. haha

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:30 AM Reply

Thanks,
*sigh*
I dont want to study anymore

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:40 AM Reply

physiological psych is pretty crappy stuff. i didn't like it too either. but you gotta do what you gotta do, you know?

JudgeDredd
JudgeDredd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 12:56 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
it's hard to follow the giant column of tanks that is kicking up sand with more sand plying around at the same time flying at 40 mph, and you can't see the tank in front of you because of all the sand and you can't hear them because of the roaring winds.

they're fitted with all manner of 'non-viual' tracking equipment..

oh, i generally like what JudgeMeHarshX has to say for himself - is that sufficient to get me in this "coffee lounge" business?

** slurps coffee milo mix **

)
mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 01:49 AM, Judge_DREDD wrote: they're fitted with all manner of 'non-viual' tracking equipment..

such as what. i'd like to hear of these aside from the M1A1 Abrams which has infrared.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 01:14 AM, panik wrote: I think that we just need to send a huge force and overwhelm them...and we need catapults, scaling ladders and battering rams to combat their ditches of oil

Follow this link.(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30774-2003Mar15.html)
Scroll down, no need to read it all.
The military has issued things like battle axes & battering rams for troops going into Baghdad.
Ironic, huh?

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 02:13 AM, TheShrike wrote: Follow this link.(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30774-2003Mar15.html)
The military has issued things like battle axes & battering rams for troops going into Baghdad.
Ironic, huh?

that is freakin' hilarious!

JudgeDredd
JudgeDredd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 02:28 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 02:00 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
such as what. i'd like to hear of these aside from the M1A1 Abrams which has infrared.

yes infra-red, and battle-group GPS feedback..

"..tanks and other military vehicles face off under a dusty Texas sky. They're kicking up dirt, burning diesel fuel to create smoke screens and firing at each other"

2001, "Independent research institute SRI International has been awarded an US$8.8 million contract by the U.S. Department of Defense to develop combat-training instrumentation systems using wireless and Global Positioning System technology."

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 3/27/03 02:28 AM, Judge_DREDD wrote:
At 3/27/03 02:00 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
yes infra-red, and battle-group GPS feedback..

"..tanks and other military vehicles face off under a dusty Texas sky. They're kicking up dirt, burning diesel fuel to create smoke screens and firing at each other"

2001, "Independent research institute SRI International has been awarded an US$8.8 million contract by the U.S. Department of Defense to develop combat-training instrumentation systems using wireless and Global Positioning System technology."

i knew GPS would come up.

you can deviate from course for a few minutes but then it becomes incredibly difficult to get back on course. and Iraq is no Texas. there is more dust and sand kicking up at upwards of 40-50 mph on top of the sand kicked up by tanks and trucks. regardless of the GPS system, if you can't see someone at such close proximity, it will not do much good for you.

plus you are on a trek of hundreds of miles. radio contact is not established through the entire journey. let's say radio contact is kept every 15 minutes. everyone sees dust in front of them. everyone checks in ok until you realize about an hour later that someone in your convoy has strayed. by then it's been an hour. at 40 mph you've gone off course by 40 miles. it won't show on the broader spectrum of the GPS and as you pan out you'll notice that they are off. at which case the entire convoy must stop and send an expeditionary force out. but you may not want to do that because you may lose even more men. at which point you are betweena rock and a hard place.

it's human error. it happens. i'm sure it's happened a handful of times but we've been lucky enough to find our men and carry on. it just wasn't the case this time.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 06:58 AM Reply

I looked over both of your posts, and you both seem to be very intelligent individuals.
I expected as much from goat, as I've read a lot of his posts, and Dig turned out to be acceptable, too.

Just try and steer away from the flaming, insulting, derogatory posts, Dig. We don't need another Nemesiz ;).

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 3/27/03 01:49 AM, Judge_DREDD wrote:
At 3/27/03 12:56 AM, mysecondstar wrote:
oh, i generally like what JudgeMeHarshX has to say for himself - is that sufficient to get me in this "coffee lounge" business?

Oh, yes yes, we all love J-to-the-udgemeharshx.

"Giant Column of Tanks" is my new phrase of the day.

BBS Signature
panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 04:12 PM Reply

Hey Ted, I forgot to add in my post last that I to would like the privilage to use the Yin and Yang in my signature.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 3/27/03 02:13 AM, TheShrike wrote: Follow this link.(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30774-2003Mar15.html)
Ironic, huh?

I'll quote it just in case people are too lazy to go to the link.

"Troops here have planned extensively for urban fighting even as they hope to avoid it. Some of the $30 million in supplementary special equipment purchased since December by the 101st, for example, has urban implications, if not the hint of a medieval siege: 162 battering rams, 486 grappling hooks, 81 folding assault ladders and 81 battle axes."

LOL OMG, ASSAULT LADDERS TOO!

"...$30 million in supplementary special equipment purchased since December..." Special equipment! OMG!!!!!!111 Obviously, no human cannot handle the high tech items!

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 05:48 PM Reply

Damn I was right this is like brave heart haha

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 3/27/03 05:48 PM, panik wrote: Damn I was right this is like brave heart haha

Fight fire with fire. Or in this case, fight sticks with sticks.

The US military is about to get medieval on Saddam's ass.

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 3/27/03 06:26 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 3/27/03 05:48 PM, panik wrote: Damn I was right this is like brave heart haha

LoL... Killing the old fashioned way sounds like fun, more original than using rifles.

If I wasn't so lazy, I may also suggest to them that they equip the troops with baseball bats. May come in handy in special situations. You never know. Golf clubs (and golf balls) can also be useful. And not to forget to mention golf carts (or mini go carts), they fit into really thin paths in urban combat. And of course, old and useless common household junk, such as AOL cds.

Sorry if I went too far, I just found this interesting.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 3/27/03 06:26 PM, TheShrike wrote:

LoL... killing the old fashioned way...

Well, I guess they should've taken some baseball bats too, not to mention golf clubs (with golf balls), they may come in handy. While they're at it, golf carts (or mini go-carts) can also be useful for driving through narrow paths and chasing after the enemy. And, not to forget old and useless household junk people have to dispose of daily, such as free AOL cds, as projectiles to throw/launch.

Sorry if I went a little too far, I thought that this was a little interesting to suggest new weapons.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2003 @ 11:04 PM Reply

WTF? I double-posted? sry sry sry sry guys, don't get pissed. I just posted and found that there was an internal error (you know that message), and then pressed back and typed my message again, cuz I thought my message was not posted. Damn! I just killed my joke (not funny anymore), and probably ended up on a few people's enemy lists as stupid spammers. Noooooo!

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 12:59 AM Reply

it's all good Mr. Y no worries.

TheEvilOne
TheEvilOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 01:39 AM Reply

Well, we can always use more ways to put those unwanted AOL CDs to good use...

House-Of-Leaves
House-Of-Leaves
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 28th, 2003 @ 02:16 AM Reply

The Iraqi army is now dressing in American military garb.

That's really sad. Guerilla tactics are awful, and...yeah, I'm not saying too much about this now. No opinions other than, how sad.

It's not as easy as they thought it would be.

Oh, yes. And the US dropped a 5,000lb bomb. Assured all of us that 'it's not the biggest in our arsenal'. Well, THANK YOU Captain Obvious!

Anyway, I've always loved the Yin Yang in that signature, and I was going to ask if I could use it, too, but I'm not sure if I want to join any 'politics club' or whatever. I might just be too much of a bitch for it. ;)

Whatcha think, Ted?