New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 12:16 PM Reply

At 3/17/03 10:49 AM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Excuse me, didn't you just show up yesterday acting like you ran this place?

You lost my respect by not taking the bugger on. I was truly looking forward to the Nemesisz thread

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 12:20 PM Reply

Sorry I'm not going to have some stupid "omg i challenge u 2 a debate" duel with some kid pretending he knows what he's talking about.

If you only respect people who argue blindly, you probably shouldn't post here. Taking him on would've meant I was as much of a samp fool as he was, and it probably would've gotten me banned.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 12:25 PM Reply

Nemmy, baby, I was just pulling your chain with the last one, calm down.

Besides, that's the problem with sleep. You go away for a few hours and Nemesisz posts 7 times in the thread. I need to see some of my buddies in the air force for some go-pills.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 3/17/03 12:25 PM, TheShrike wrote: Nemmy, baby, I was just pulling your chain with the last one, calm down.

Besides, that's the problem with sleep. You go away for a few hours and Nemesisz posts 7 times in the thread. I need to see some of my buddies in the air force for some go-pills.

I came on at 10AM today and he had somewhere around 9 or 10 posts in a row. I felt the need to break it up. Mwahahaha.

BBS Signature
mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 01:54 PM Reply

i swear i just stopped for a second because there was a good Tom and Jerry cartoon on, and all of a sudden there's 10 posts by Judge, Slizor, panik and Nem are going all out, and i just finished my post on S. Korea. i guess i'm too slow.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 3/17/03 10:33 AM, TheEvilOne wrote: Has there been any talk up in Canada about tightening up security? It's something that probably needs to be done. It's too easy to get into Canada and then cross the US border.

Yes, there has been talk up here about tightening up security, maybe not as much as there must have been in the United States, but there has been some talk, even before Osama showed that we were on the hit list again, but especially after that.

Mr-Y
Mr-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 17th, 2003 @ 06:55 PM Reply

*Looking at third page, reading posts, sighs*... there goes this topic and its posters... meh, I think I'll join them in... nah... posts? who needs them... I've already had my fair number of posts here, if I didn't post too much already. :D

Spike-J-Wolfwood
Spike-J-Wolfwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 18th, 2003 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Speaking of posting too much I will celebrate my 800th post by refreshing this topic to the top of the list.

Hey it’s better than going into the general forum and starting a whole new topis for it don’t you think?

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 18th, 2003 @ 09:31 AM Reply

Hah, just what do you think I have, a life?

Actually I'm splitting time on this between the free periods I have in school, writing my novel, and doing a lot of research for a speech I'm going to give downtown about the civilian losses involved in an invasion of Iraq. Like I said, not like I care about the children anyway. I wrote the base of it before the 48 Hours speech, and I'm too far in to back out now.

BBS Signature
PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 3/17/03 01:24 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
At 3/17/03 12:25 PM, TheShrike wrote:
I came on at 10AM today and he had somewhere around 9 or 10 posts in a row. I felt the need to break it up. Mwahahaha.

Hey, Judge-
Did you ever see the night I covered the entire front page of the Politics board? I felt like, SO cool.

TheEvilOne
TheEvilOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 3/19/03 03:17 AM, PreacherJ wrote: Did you ever see the night I covered the entire front page of the Politics board? I felt like, SO cool.

Geez, I don't know about Judge, but I saw it. It was ridiculous. I laughed my ass off.

panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 01:21 PM Reply

I would like to bring to the attention of the Politics Crew, Political Council and the Regulars the stupidity of DK2Virus. I am sure that most of you if not all of you have noticed the consistent buzzing in your ears caused by this little Knat. His invalid remarks and of the wall comments have annoyed the Forum to no end. I call upon the International Members of the Political Forum (IMPF) to place sanctions on DK2Virus for his crimes. (waits for applause) I urge all members of the IMPF to boycott DK2 Virus by not responding to his childish posts. (waits for cheers and Applause). By working together we can rid the political forum of this threat of stupidity and make it safe for future Newgrounds Members. (cheers and applause)Chanting: BOYCOTT DK2VIRUS BOYCOTT DK2VIRUS BOYCOTT DK2VIRUS

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 11:34 AM, TheEvilOne wrote:
At 3/19/03 03:17 AM, PreacherJ wrote: Did you ever see the night I covered the entire front page of the Politics board? I felt like, SO cool.
Geez, I don't know about Judge, but I saw it. It was ridiculous. I laughed my ass off.

Yeah, I saw that. It was really sad. PreacherJ, I think you require some medical assistance after that one. Carpal tunnel all the way! (From typing of course. A guy named Preacher would never do THAT)

BBS Signature
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 01:21 PM, panik wrote: ...[not gonna quote all of this]...

Anyway... I'm certainly not defending him. But I'd like to point out that when you post in his thread, or even respond to him, you just give him fuel. When you complain about him, it confirms the fact that he has gotten on your nerves.

Ever consider just ignoring him?

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 01:57 PM Reply

And hence my boycott of DK2 VIRUS and FRANCE BEGINS. ::Panik enters a zen state of mind::

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 01:57 PM, panik wrote: And hence my boycott of DK2 VIRUS and FRANCE BEGINS. ::Panik enters a zen state of mind::

Oh stop with France. It's talked about joining us now that we've moved on without UN support. They just can't say no to anything. We called the bluff.

BBS Signature
Slizor
Slizor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 03:49 PM Reply

And hence my boycott of DK2 VIRUS and FRANCE BEGINS. ::Panik enters a zen state of mind::

Dude....you're an idiot.

Oh stop with France. It's talked about joining us now that we've moved on without UN support. They just can't say no to anything. We called the bluff.

They haven't exactly said that. They said that if Saddam used chemical weapons they will go to war. I would criticize France at this point, however, they recieve enough flak from people who can't objectively look at the actions of their own countries.

Dig-the-Man
Dig-the-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Just thought I would give a minor apology to D2K for the unsolicited poke… no hard feelings eh?

NJDeadzone
NJDeadzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 05:08 PM Reply

this topic is defintely becoming the "I'm taking my anger out on people that counter me the most" thread

TheEvilOne
TheEvilOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 05:08 PM, NJDeadzone wrote: this topic is defintely becoming the "I'm taking my anger out on people that counter me the most" thread

Yeah--let's try to keep personal insults to a minimum, and remember why this thread was created--as a forum for the regulars to unwind/discuss non-political issues without having to go to the General board.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 06:16 PM Reply

The only thing I really noticed in the big anti D2K(sp?) post was the misspelling of Gnat as Knat.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Well, war is on as of 9:30PM Eastern time! I'm taking bets here on how long the war is going to last and whether we're going to get ol' Sodomy alive.

I've got 2 weeks and a resounding "No"

BBS Signature
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 05:08 PM, NJDeadzone wrote: this topic is defintely becoming the "I'm taking my anger out on people that counter me the most" thread

*shakes his head*

Tis true. This was intended to be a haven, not a rant/insult thread.
Ok, well maybe rants are ok as long as juvenile insults don't get involved...

Hmmm Judge... I'll go for 1+ month and yes

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
NJDeadzone
NJDeadzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:06 PM Reply

thank you for your agreement gentlemen

2 months and they will get him alive

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 11:06 PM, NJDeadzone wrote: thank you for your agreement gentlemen

2 months and they will get him alive

Deadzone I don't know where in the hell you came from, but you've managed to gain support from people, so you can stay. The Politics Council deems it so.

BBS Signature
NJDeadzone
NJDeadzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 3/19/03 11:07 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
Deadzone I don't know where in the hell you came from, but you've managed to gain support from people, so you can stay. The Politics Council deems it so.

thank you for your support, i terribly missed the last 3 months of not posting...i had to make a big rebound and i hope i did. So who came up with that badge?

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 19th, 2003 @ 11:17 PM Reply

Judge.... please see the The New Regulars, the Council, etc. thread.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 20th, 2003 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 3/19/03 01:23 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
At 3/19/03 03:17 AM, PreacherJ wrote:
Yeah, I saw that. It was really sad. PreacherJ, I think you require some medical assistance after that one. Carpal tunnel all the way! (From typing of course. A guy named Preacher would never do THAT)

Yeah, I know. The sadness was unmatched. But hey, I couldn't sleep, it was 3 AM, and there was a sea of idiocy that night.

As for carpal tunnel... well... I'll just let you guys think whatever on that one. I plead the 5th!

=P

Word.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 20th, 2003 @ 09:54 AM Reply

At 3/19/03 11:17 PM, TheShrike wrote: Judge.... please see the The New Regulars, the Council, etc. thread.

I've read it and posted many times. However, the Council doesn't agree. Personally, I like my creation of the Regulars thread. It's gotten more use than most other threads on the front page, aside from Tollerance and the one about racism.

BBS Signature
panik
panik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 20th, 2003 @ 07:53 PM Reply

DK2 Virus,
I say lets end this little spat. I'm sure that our little back and forth petty insults have gotten boring and lame for us both. And I'm sure for the on lookers as well. If your cool with this and agree I'll even ask one of the MODS to remove my post with the Boycott DK2 virus picture... even though it was kind of funny.