Be a Supporter!

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

  • 1,578,981 Views
  • 83,896 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 11:28 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Think Quick!

you mean this?


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 09:02 AM, Korriken wrote:
At 3/13/13 01:54 AM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote:
Oh my gosh! Guess who just quit her job and dropped out of college!
any other nostalgia you would like?

Do you know of any websites like that one which also offer abandon-ware for MacIntosh OS? It would be awesome to be able to play the Homeworld series during a flight, but it's probably not available on Apple computers. Looking back at old games, it's disappointing how lax writers have become in developing a good plot.


"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 3/13/13 11:04 PM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote:
Do you know of any websites like that one which also offer abandon-ware for MacIntosh OS? It would be awesome to be able to play the Homeworld series during a flight, but it's probably not available on Apple computers. Looking back at old games, it's disappointing how lax writers have become in developing a good plot.

I don't think that game was released for mac, I can only find the PC version of it.

Macintosh abandonware? take a look.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 11:04 PM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: Looking back at old games, it's disappointing how lax writers have become in developing a good plot.

Sadly, graphics have become the focus in new games. It's as if Michael Bay bought the entire gaming industry. KABOOM.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Kids say the oddest things.

When my kid doesn't like something or thinks it is bad he says that you go to jail. For instances he calls bad words 'jail words'.

He also was taught a little Spanish at his previous daycare, so whenever he hears something he can understand, whether it's just gibberish, mumbled, or actually in a different language he calls it Spanish. So he naturally gets mad that he can;t understand and shouts "Stop speaking Spanish!"

Somehow those two things combined into him saying "If you speak Spanish, you go to jail." I was just as much cracking up on the inside as I was worried he would end up saying this in public...

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 03:36 PM Reply

Cold today !


BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Somehow those two things combined into him saying "If you speak Spanish, you go to jail." I was just as much cracking up on the inside as I was worried he would end up saying this in public...

yeah i suppose that could be a bit of an unfortunate word combination.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

yup.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 3/23/13 10:50 PM, Korriken wrote: yup.

That is both awesome and slightly dissapointing at the same time. I am both amused and asking "really?" is a dismissive tone.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 3/24/13 12:40 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
That is both awesome and slightly dissapointing at the same time. I am both amused and asking "really?" is a dismissive tone.

Well, if you're into metal....

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2013 @ 03:55 AM Reply

I've been up reading all kinds of greek life horror tales. So glad I decided not to join any sororities! Although, the hazing that takes place at my college is fairly mild from what I've heard (not that anyone would/could speak of the worst initiations, haha). I've never found a good enough reason that counter-balances all the negatives to get into those groups, honestly.


"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2013 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 3/26/13 03:55 AM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: I've been up reading all kinds of greek life horror tales. So glad I decided not to join any sororities! Although, the hazing that takes place at my college is fairly mild from what I've heard (not that anyone would/could speak of the worst initiations, haha). I've never found a good enough reason that counter-balances all the negatives to get into those groups, honestly.

Greek Row is a one way ticket to being an alcoholic, or a slut.

There are numerous other ways to get the social connections without all the baggage. The Marching Band is one of them. Yeah, I know there is drinking and occasional debauchery (somehow left before I got there, damn!) but there are enough flat out wierd people to keep it fairly low down.

Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2013 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 3/26/13 11:24 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/26/13 03:55 AM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: I've been up reading all kinds of greek life horror tales. So glad I decided not to join any sororities! Although, the hazing that takes place at my college is fairly mild from what I've heard (not that anyone would/could speak of the worst initiations, haha). I've never found a good enough reason that counter-balances all the negatives to get into those groups, honestly.
Greek Row is a one way ticket to being an alcoholic, or a slut.

There are numerous other ways to get the social connections without all the baggage. The Marching Band is one of them. Yeah, I know there is drinking and occasional debauchery (somehow left before I got there, damn!) but there are enough flat out wierd people to keep it fairly low down.

Agreed! Haha, I was actually in the marching band and orchestra during high school - but unfortunately, I don't have nearly enough of the time in college required to participate this year. Gotta keep practicing though so I don't get rusty!


"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2013 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 3/26/13 11:24 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/26/13 03:55 AM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: I've never found a good enough reason .
Greek Row is a one way ticket to being an alcoholic, or a slut.

ways to get the social connections . The Marching Band is one of them.

;;;
THere was this one time ....
at band camp I shove a flute up my .....
~;p
Hey all ....just got home from the Heart Specialist's
Got some really good news, & some ok news
Nothin really bad , finally ~:D


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 26th, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 3/26/13 08:35 PM, morefngdbs wrote: ;;;
THere was this one time ....
at band camp I shove a flute up my .....
~;p
Hey all ....just got home from the Heart Specialist's
Got some really good news, & some ok news
Nothin really bad , finally ~:D

My marching band buddy hates that movie. Though in seventh grade I knew a guy who sometimes did anal on himself with his flute, so I guess there was a basis in reality there.

You've got me curious. What is it?

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 3/26/13 10:07 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: You've got me curious. What is it?

;;;
Hi RydiaLockheart hope you and all yer loved ones are doing well.

My Specialist yesterday told me ...no pacemaker required .
After everything test wise I've been through, it seems my latest problems were being caused by the drugs I am on & my diet, low fluid intake.

The really good news where my heart function was below 20% back in June last year ...its in the 50% range now (anything below 30% is cause for concern/danger)

So they have adjusted 1 of my meds to a lower daily dosage, upped my daily fluid intake, taken me off one of my meds completely & will wait 2-4 weeks with an asessment on April 19 to make sure all is going ok . With other possible decreases in the meds as I 'hopefully' keep improving & or stay the same.

I got a call from the Heart clinic nurse/practitioner this afternoon & I have had my driving privileges reinstated, I am allowed to fly/travel again & I can go back to work ...limited duties & no climbing up into the rigging , but as a head rigger, remote head tech I'm finally allowed to be going back !
While I could have attempted to do so without sanction, no insurance would be in place ...in Canada you can't work in my industry without insurance. If a doctor says you can't drive, no insurance company will cover you ....no coverage, no driving, period its the law.

So I just gotta keep on following the dietary requirements , taking my drugs which will hopefully continue to decrease, although because I am in 'A fib' The nurses have said to expect that I will probably end up taking a daily blood thinner & perhaps a heart pill from now on ... but the 9 different pills multiple times a day is coming to an end ~:)

I might even be allowed to scuba dive again in the future, if I contiue to improve ~:D

Now dust off that salt shaker ! ! ! JUST KIDDING ~8)


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

How hillbilly does it sound to say I have two cousins seeing each other.


Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Malachy
Malachy
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 03:25 PM, LordJaric wrote: How hillbilly does it sound to say I have two cousins seeing each other.

Depends, are they from the same side of the family or just so happens that cousins from both sides of your family started dating? Or perhaps it is pretty hill-billy because I'm pretty sure that situation has happened in my home town plenty of times what with so few people/families living there.

I remember I had known a girl at work for almost a whole year before we figured out she was my older brother's half-sister. Would of been pretty awkward if we had dated I imagine.


¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 04:41 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 3/31/13 03:25 PM, LordJaric wrote: How hillbilly does it sound to say I have two cousins seeing each other.
Depends, are they from the same side of the family or just so happens that cousins from both sides of your family started dating?

They are from different sides, but it still feels kind of weird that it is kind of funny as well.


Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 05:51 PM, LordJaric wrote:
They are from different sides, but it still feels kind of weird that it is kind of funny as well.

How close are we talking? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...?


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 06:07 PM, TheMason wrote: How close are we talking? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...?

Technically, if they're from different sides, they're not blood related and perhaps could be called cousins-in-law at best.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 05:51 PM, LordJaric wrote:
They are from different sides, but it still feels kind of weird that it is kind of funny as well.

actually my older brother married my aunt's (by marriage) sister. not that strange, really.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 12:03 AM, Cootie wrote: Woah woah woah... is Bill O'Reilly acting like a rational human being?

whoa whoa whoa... keeps politics out of the lounge!

Also, this.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM Reply

Have a laugh, someone on my facebook posted this.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 4/6/13 04:20 PM, Korriken wrote: Have a laugh, someone on my facebook posted this.

Aside from the blatant spelling error, it's pretty good.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 04:51 PM Reply

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

bear season in Minnesota is up and I am gonna see if I can get a License through the lottery. and Snow Goose season is open due to a Conservation order ( to many so we have to CULL THE HOARD!)

looks like Christmas came early!

Malachy
Malachy
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 4/6/13 04:51 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

bear season in Minnesota is up and I am gonna see if I can get a License through the lottery. and Snow Goose season is open due to a Conservation order ( to many so we have to CULL THE HOARD!)

looks like Christmas came early!

Awesome - in NY they gave you 2 bear tags and like 5 deer tags but had a lottery for moose every 2 years. You could always ask for like 1 or 2 more bear or deer tags and I think they had a master sportman license that included like an extra tag of each and fishing license for the whole year


¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 06:27 PM Reply

bear? ugh bear meat is greasy as hell.

goose though.. cook the goose right and its awesome.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 4/6/13 05:26 PM, Malachy wrote: Awesome - in NY they gave you 2 bear tags and like 5 deer tags but had a lottery for moose every 2 years. You could always ask for like 1 or 2 more bear or deer tags and I think they had a master sportman license that included like an extra tag of each and fishing license for the whole year

problem is its limited licenses and lots of people apply for the lottery though I have my .12 Gauge ready with my .357 (two Ideal firearms for bear) and my Double Barrel .12 for goose which they need to cull the population in MN the Deer tags per person for each hunter is 4-5