New Topic Respond to this Topic
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Not sure if I should post this here or in a new thread. I just think it's plain funny, but I'm also kinda stoned right now. But iif needed I can open a thread with it. This is from the Anonymous Facebook page posted a few hours ago.

#WBC

The Westboro Baptist Church went to picket the funerals of the fallen children of the heinous shooting. Proclaiming it was âEUoegodsâEU judgement due to the state standing up for gay marriage. Well, they came face to face with hundreds of Hells Angels. The bikers formed a human wall blocking Westboro from entering. Needless to say, the disrespectful haters backed down.

You came to the wrong neighborhood, Westboro

Those bikers always follow Westboro though, they rev their motor cycle engines to drown out the shouts. most of them are military veterans.. They call themselves the Patriot Guard

Another picture that gives me hope. Drowning out the sound of hate.

Picture taken today in Newtown, CT

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

So how did everyone's end of the world go?

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 11:19 PM, theburningliberal wrote: Those bikers always follow Westboro though, they rev their motor cycle engines to drown out the shouts. most of them are military veterans.. They call themselves the Patriot Guard

That reminds me of the "South Park" episode where the definition of "fag" was changed to bikers.

I guess the WBC should change their definition too.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:33 AM Reply

Worst doomsday EVER.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 01:44 AM, LordJaric wrote: So how did everyone's end of the world go?

;;;
Lobster & champagne ~:)

I am an incredibly cheap date now when it comes to drinking

Combining my heart meds with 2 glasses of Champagne ...I was flyin'

Medicated while resting, my heart rate runs in the mid 60's
On about 8 ounces of champagne ...it up in the mid 140's ~;p

WHich is why I don't drink ...but I figured, since the world could explode, implode, stop turning, be hit by an asteroid etc. & was supposed to end, I figured what the hell !
I'll have some booze ...not the tequila shots & beer I would have liked to have had, or some nice dry martini's .
Because I figured IF the world survived ...I didn't want to inflict a funeral on my family at this time of year !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

Just popped in to get my daily points ...

& Thought I'd say a Very Merry Christmas to everyone.

While 1 of my brothers & my oldest daughter won't be here for christmas this year .
the whole Famn Damily is meeting up at my Mum & Dad's for some Christmas cheer & a feast featuring a free range turkey my neighbor raised for us .... that sucker is just over 22 lbs dressed

Hope you all have a nice day with those you care for ~:)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

humbug.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 11:19 PM, theburningliberal wrote: Another picture that gives me hope. Drowning out the sound of hate.

It gives you hope that one of the worst criminal organizations in the world faces off with one of the worst churches in the world? Neither of these groups deserve any respect or admiration.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 01:26 AM, JoS wrote:
At 12/21/12 11:19 PM, theburningliberal wrote: Another picture that gives me hope. Drowning out the sound of hate.

It gives you hope that one of the worst criminal organizations in the world faces off with one of the worst churches in the world? Neither of these groups deserve any respect or admiration.

I think people change their opinions of criminal organizations once they learn that they do/have done something "good," like the Yakuza helping victims of the recent tsunami or Hamas providing humanitarian services to Palestinians. I guess the shock of organized crime organizations doing something noble shatters whatever preconceived notions a person once had about them. Don't get me wrong, they're all horrible, it's just the shock of a new found idea that these organizations are a bit more complex than what they were previously thought as.

And for the record, that picture wasn't taken at Newtown, it's at least 2 years old (please read that article btw).

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

I'm still alive, just no net access at home until friday.... see y'all then

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 12/22/12 10:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Worst doomsday EVER.

Eh, I found the Harold Camping one in 2011 to be worse.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 12/25/12 12:28 PM, Korriken wrote: humbug.

;;;
Sorry Korriken , I missed this reply.

Was that humbug baked ?
or do you Bar-B-Q it ?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 03:10 AM Reply

Goodbye 2012 and good riddance.

That year was memorable for all of the wrong reasons.

I could only find one redeeming quality to the year and that was the movie slate.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 07:14 AM Reply

At 12/30/12 04:45 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Was that humbug baked ?
or do you Bar-B-Q it ?

that humbug was slow roasted in my shoes for 17 hours of pure unadulterated hell after working for 17 hours the previous day with only 6 hours for rest. Problem is there was a change in venue when my landlady's family all show up at her place instead of her going elsewhere because she had the only sturdy house and there was a tornado watch in effect. Needless to say it was WAY too loud to sleep. Then a tornado knocks the power out where I work an hour before i show up to work. the place has a generator, but it can't run everything so we had to turn off the AC and the grill vent kept tripping its circuit breaker. needless to say tempers were flying and I was just trying to make it til morning.

somehow I made it, I was ready to breathe fire by time i got home and apparently so was the small ceramic heater that i use to heat my room. I turn it on, lay down, and I hear this odd popping noise. i look to see the thing belching flames sparks and smoke. I open the window and hurl the thing into the yard. at this point I'm tired, agitated, cold, AND my nerves were rattled. after letting the ice cold weather in and the smoke out I tried to sleep, but couldn't because my face was practically numb from the cold. I ended up going to walmart to buy a new heater, which took the last bit of money I had. I ended up eating ramen noodles the entire week because it was all I could afford.

It also doesnt help that I wake up that night with my left hand so bad off that I couldn't grip anything because i couldn't even bring my thumb to my fingers due to incredible stiffness. and for some reason I spent the next 3 days sleeping for 16-20 hours a day. I'd wake up, move about, go back to sleep for another 8 hours, get up, move about, go back to sleep for another 8 hours. I just could not stay awake.

Needless to say, next time my boss pulls that shit, I'm raising hell about it.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 1/1/13 07:14 AM, Korriken wrote:
At 12/30/12 04:45 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Was that humbug baked ?
or do you Bar-B-Q it ?
that humbug was slow roasted in my shoes for 17 hours of pure unadulterated hell after working for 17 hours the previous day with only 6 hours for rest.

;;;;
One small advantage to working Union, they may be able to work us long hours ( although our normal work day is 12 hours or work & 1 hour of break) I've seen those 17 + hour days many times !
They have to give us a minimum of 10 hours off, they can't even call you in for many shifts earlier than that ...because of safety concerns & insurance liability. You can't have an exhausted half asleep rigger 50+ feet in the air trying to work safely

It also doesn't help that I wake up that night with my left hand so bad off that I couldn't grip anything because i couldn't even bring my thumb to my fingers due to incredible stiffness.

;;;
Criticise & complain about a tax based funded health care system all anyone wants to , at least here in Canada when you got a problem, medical help is free !

naronic
naronic
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 01:25 PM Reply

May this thread have a Good 10th year anniversary.

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 01:55 AM, Feoric wrote: And for the record, that picture wasn't taken at Newtown, it's at least 2 years old (please read that article btw).

Meh, small potatoes. That was the impression I got off of Anonymous' facebook page when they posted the image (which is where I found it, not sure which article you are referring to).

In other news, the KKK is also counter-protesting Westboro.

Yes. The KKK.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

Just got a new phone my old one died on me, it took 2 years for my Droid X to finally go kaput. now I just got a Droid Razor MAXX. its pretty kick ass, It has 2.0 GHZ proccesor and 1GB of RAM, and the battery life is 24 hours!

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 1/1/13 08:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just got a new phone my old one died on me, it took 2 years for my Droid X to finally go kaput. now I just got a Droid Razor MAXX. its pretty kick ass, It has 2.0 GHZ proccesor and 1GB of RAM, and the battery life is 24 hours!

Nice. I desperately need as new phone. When used for anything heavier than texting, it has a current battery life of about 30 seconds. 3-year old Blackberry about ready to be put out to pasture. Looking at a Galaxy Note or S3 if I can afford it.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 1/1/13 09:13 PM, Ravariel wrote: Nice. I desperately need as new phone. When used for anything heavier than texting, it has a current battery life of about 30 seconds. 3-year old Blackberry about ready to be put out to pasture. Looking at a Galaxy Note or S3 if I can afford it.

go with a DROID. you can never go wrong and dont bother with iPhones they are overpriced pieces of chinese plastic

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:12 AM Reply

I have a ZTE Warp through Boost Mobile, it's pretty kick-ass. I don't know all the spec's on it but it cost me about 200$ and I only pay 60$ service every month (including insurance, truly unlimited data and unlimited voice/text). Not a bad deal considering for an equivalent phone and service plan, I would've paid probably a fair amount less for the phone, but would be paying twice as much per month. Over the length of a contract, it would've cost more than I pay with Boost Mobile, and my payments shrink over time as I pay my bill on time. Yay.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:45 AM Reply

At 1/1/13 08:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just got a new phone my old one died on me, it took 2 years for my Droid X to finally go kaput. now I just got a Droid Razor MAXX.

I had an old trooper of a phone. Not a smart phone, but it has been dropped well over 100 times, and it has been through at least two washes.

So my wife got me a new RAZRM for Christmas. (She used our free upgrade for me).

Still getting used to the 'smart' part of it. I'm not much of a smart phone user either way. All smart I'll probably use on it will be the occasional internet reference search and the downloading of th entire Angry Birds collection. I'm hopeful that the bluetooth on this one will actually work with my car as well. Other than that's it's the usual dumb texting, pictures, and calls.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

Hey, back from the dead. Well, not really, but something kind of along those lines. How has everybody been?

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:58 AM Reply

At 1/2/13 01:49 AM, BrianEtrius wrote: Hey, back from the dead. Well, not really, but something kind of along those lines. How has everybody been?

;;;
Well I've survived several heart attacks, & slowly trying to get back to normal....which because of an enlarged heart, can never happen ...but I can still improve ( I can also go downhill as well ~:/

On the phone subject
In 2009 I bought a Iphone 3GS, it still works great.
Battery lasts for days when it's on standby & only used for phone calls & i get several hours of game & online time before needing to recharge.
Also I have had it in an Otter case, defender series since i bought it & IMO it is the only reason the phone is still in one piece & working!

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 1/2/13 01:49 AM, BrianEtrius wrote: Hey, back from the dead. Well, not really, but something kind of along those lines. How has everybody been?

It liiiives. Now we just need Imperator to show up and it'll be like 2010 all over again :P

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

In response to this PM I received:

At 1 day ago, Memorize wrote: dumbass

Dude what is your problem? I have no idea who you are and you haven't been posting since I've been back, so who are you and what's your beef?

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 09:51 AM Reply

Oh, that's just Memorize. He stops by every now and then to remind everyone that he hates liberals and posts nothing of substance with the purpose of derailing threads with rhetoric.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 1/4/13 02:42 AM, theburningliberal wrote: In response to this PM I received:

At 1 day ago, Memorize wrote: dumbass
Dude what is your problem? I have no idea who you are and you haven't been posting since I've been back, so who are you and what's your beef?

You're a liberal, so you simply must be dumb. That's him for ya.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Looks like acatalepsy is the new leanlifter and "man is more offended by that truth than by the opinion" is the new "blah blah blah. FIAT CURRENCY!!!"

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 08:23 AM Reply

At 1/6/13 03:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Looks like acatalepsy is the new leanlifter and "man is more offended by that truth than by the opinion" is the new "blah blah blah. FIAT CURRENCY!!!"

at least they have the formula downpat.

something something government masters
something something fiat currency.