leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 09:32:09 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:06 AM, TheMason wrote:
The drek that leanlifter1 is spewing and de-railing a couple of threads kindof has a practical aroma to it...

Anytime a person or group brings some detrimental social, "Political" or environmental consequence of this system to the forefront, pejorative distinctions are usually branded upon their forehead to stifle such concern and frighten other detractors such as being erroneously cited as posting as you say "drek" and "spewing and de-railing a couple of threads". It's a bunch of personal opinions and not facts as all you have tried to do to discredit and mitigate what I am posting on these forums to no avail. Also what you are trying to accomplish can also be considered text book "Propaganda" by way of it's very definition and as well to be considered "Ad Hominem Attacking". Perhaps next time you will try to engage in civil debate rather than taking the lazy way out by attacking the person and ignoring the issues based on your own prejudices.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 10:12:59 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:32 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/9/12 09:06 AM, TheMason wrote:
The drek that leanlifter1 is spewing and de-railing a couple of threads kindof has a practical aroma to it...
Anytime a person or group brings some detrimental social, "Political" or environ

;;;;l;
Hey leanlifter
NO FUCKIN' Politics in the lounge !
Read the damn rules before you post here.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 12:34:21 Reply

At 10/9/12 10:12 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
Hey leanlifter

I see someone was trying to get me kicked into a ban UMMM nice try.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 13:06:48 Reply

At 10/9/12 12:34 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Hey leanlifter
I see someone was trying to get me kicked into a ban UMMM nice try.

I have absolutely no concern with whether you are banned or not
I'm not a Mod, & I haven't gone running to one to get you to follow the rules.

I just happened to see your drivel in the lounge first.... if one of the other regulars had , they would have said the same thing...so please take your self important attitude & shove it where the sun don't shine.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 14:53:20 Reply

At 10/9/12 01:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Hey leanlifter
I have absolutely no concern with whether you are banned or not
I'm not a Mod, & I haven't gone running to one to get you to follow the rules.
I just happened to see your drivel in the lounge first.... if one of the other regulars had , they would have said the same thing...so please take your self important attitude & shove it where the sun don't shine.

Sounds like interpersonal issues as well as a matter of personal Opinion on your end. Please refrain from using potty mouth toward myself and also please construct more eloquent topics and opinions if you wish to engaged in civil debate with myself otherwise don't even bother.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:31:34 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:32 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Perhaps next time you will try to engage in civil debate rather than taking the lazy way out by attacking the person and ignoring the issues based on your own prejudices.

I brought you up because in the past we have had groups that play practical jokes on the regulars and noobs on this BBS. JoS was one of those guys (the DAG). The stuff you are saying is so disjointed and over the top, I thought he was bringing it back (all the ego stuff you were saying.). So I was asking the question...so no it is not an ad hominem attack.

I am not going to debate you here. This thread is for those of us who have been on the forum for awhile to socialize and take a break from politics. Please respect the rules of the forum. So either PM me with your complaint or say something in the topic threads about it. But don't rail against 'propoganda' and save your socio-economic-political screeds for the appropriate threads here in the politics forum.

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:33:19 Reply

Also...my apologies to the rest of the regulars for bringing LL1 into the thread.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:36:56 Reply

Children settle down or I start giving out time outs.

What ever happened to the rule of 200 posts to be in the Regular Lounge? Granted I've been slightly inactive for a while.....

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:50:10 Reply

At 10/9/12 03:31 PM, TheMason wrote:
I am not going to debate you here. This thread is for those of us who have been on the forum for awhile to socialize and take a break from politics. Please respect the rules of the forum.

I understand this a a circle jerk for the enter word here ------------ regulars.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 16:30:11 Reply

At 10/9/12 03:50 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/9/12 03:31 PM, TheMason wrote:
I am not going to debate you here. This thread is for those of us who have been on the forum for awhile to socialize and take a break from politics. Please respect the rules of the forum.
I understand this a a circle jerk for the enter word here ------------ regulars.

You're new so you're unfamiliar with the social norms here.

We get a lot of ppl come into the thread, especially every four years, and go in and out of the forums. Things get pretty heated here.

This is a place for those of us who have a history of posting (ie: regulars) to chat and get to know one another beyond our political positions. We talk about movies, comic books, new computers, etc., etc. But we don't bring name calling into this thread. We don't bring our politics or religion into here (religion maybe if we're talking about things like weddings or baptisms).

We have talked about the DAG and Politics Group and their little war. And as I explained, I was curious if you were part of that.

Where you crossed the line was coming in here and bringing allegations of ad hominem and talking about "propaganda". If you wished to speak to what I said all you had to post was "Hey, I really believe this stuff and believe in what I'm posting. I am not part of DAG." And be done about it. Instead you ranted which was a violation of the rules.

So either inform yourself of the rules...and respect them...or get banned. If you have any questions PM me, I'll answer them.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 16:40:13 Reply

First fucking time I have a full night's sleep in like 3 weeks, I sleep past both of my alarms, wake up at 10:30 and damn near miss my doctor appointment. On top of that, I was supposed to be collecting dialysys samples and I slept through that... Now I have to go back on Friday. I sure hope my donor past her medical tests today, because I am tired of this treatment.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 20:56:16 Reply

At 10/9/12 04:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote: First fucking time I have a full night's sleep in like 3 weeks, I sleep past both of my alarms, wake up at 10:30 and damn near miss my doctor appointment. On top of that, I was supposed to be collecting dialysys samples and I slept through that... Now I have to go back on Friday. I sure hope my donor past her medical tests today, because I am tired of this treatment.

Oog, that's rough. Best o' luck w/your donor.

On a completely different note, I was wondering if, with the sudden influx of... shall we say... the more aggressive of political neophytes (which I totally just typo'd as peeophytes), if a political thread in the style of Heathenry might be appreciated. Or if it would sink off the front page like a stone because noone "got" it? I remember having some assistance from Iferion and others when I started the original and it was some of the most intelligent conversation we ever had on this board. Kind of brushing up against the "NPITL" rule here, I know, but it was the only way I could think to get a response except to have a ridiculously obscure topic make a few people raise an eyebrow as it broke world records reaching dead status.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 21:29:22 Reply

At 10/9/12 04:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I was supposed to be collecting dialysys samples and I slept through that... Now I have to go back on Friday. I sure hope my donor past her medical tests today, because I am tired of this treatment.

;;;
Hey Man, good luck with the process.
I am 100% with you on being tired (dare I say sick & tired ~;) of what I am going through... but what choice do you or I really have 'eh ?
It seems like I am never going to get my strength back.

I'm going into the heart clinic myself next week. Been having some 'hollow' feeling in my chest & have some blood irregularities that need to be addressed .

I've been asked to participate in a experimental drug testing .... but from what I have been given to read about it, my interest is almost nil.
Members of the study group have no idea if they are getting the new drug or an established heart med.
THen there's all the additional hospital visits, additional blood work, & other tests ... & you sign for a 4 year period !
4 bloody years of meds, 3 times a day !

So while we may be on different sides of the political spectrum, I understand dealing with a life threatening health condition Camaro H.

Good luck.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 00:53:45 Reply

damn how old are you guys with all this health shit?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 09:30:14 Reply

At 10/10/12 12:53 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: damn how old are you guys with all this health shit?

Sadly America has some of the most health issues out of any country in the world regardless of age :-(

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 11:23:08 Reply

At 10/10/12 09:30 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/10/12 12:53 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: damn how old are you guys with all this health shit?
Sadly America has some of the most health issues out of any country in the world regardless of age :-(

Neither the time nor the place.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 11:39:50 Reply

At 10/10/12 11:23 AM, JoS wrote:
At 10/10/12 09:30 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Neither the time nor the place.

WHAT ?

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 11:40:16 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:29 PM, morefngdbs wrote: I've been asked to participate in a experimental drug testing .... but from what I have been given to read about it, my interest is almost nil.

If they had some sort of kidney cloning testing or something like that, you bet I would take it. Not only does the drug have the chance of performing better than any current one, they usually cover all related health expenses, sometimes whilst paying you an extra fee.

Even if it cost money i would seriously think about it. I have yet to exhaust,or really try, much of the current treatments so I wouldn't be as despirate as some though.

Members of the study group have no idea if they are getting the new drug or an established heart med.

That's typical for such tests. But hey, if they cover the cost it's worth it. if they end up giving you the new drug and it works,it's worth it. If your participation assists in getting a new drug that works, it's worth it. I'd say that unless they require to stop a certain current treatment that is working, there really is no downside at all.

THen there's all the additional hospital visits, additional blood work, & other tests ... & you sign for a 4 year period !

Your condition will still be here in 4 years, right? What's a few pills to attempt to treat or cure it?

Speaking of pills, if my transplant is successful, I will be on pills for the rest of my life. For the first few days I will be taking somewhere between 30-50 pills a day, including high amounts of Prednisone. Last time I took high Prednisone I gained 30 pounds, got moon face, lost half of my hair, and got large permanent stretch marks across my adbomen.

I'm 27 now. We found the root condition when I was 20. By that point I had permanently lost 50% of my kidney function, so it's likely I had it well into my teens.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 16:52:46 Reply

@ Camarohusky

My thoughts and prayers are with you man. I may have missed it, but do you have any timeline on when the surgery will take place?

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 16:58:54 Reply

At 10/10/12 11:40 AM, Camarohusky wrote: If they had some sort of kidney cloning testing ...
Speaking of pills, if my transplant is successful, I will be on pills for the rest of my life. For the first few days I will be taking somewhere between 30-50 pills a day ...

My grandfather had a liver transplant in 1995 (he was 62) and he had to take a lot of pills until he passed of stomache cancer in 2006. He had to take so many pills, especially the ones that suppressed his immune system from attacking the new liver. Has things improved with immune-repression?

That's my hope for cloning...that someday medicine can grow an organ that doesn't have the damage/condition and that won't trigger the immune system to attack it.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 17:09:27 Reply

At 10/10/12 11:40 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/9/12 09:29 PM, morefngdbs wrote: I've been asked to participate in a experimental drug testing .... but from what I have been given to read about it, my interest is almost nil.
If they had some sort of kidney cloning testing or something like that, you bet I would take it. Not only does the drug have the chance of performing better than any current one, they usually cover all related health expenses, sometimes whilst paying you an extra fee.

Even if it cost money i would seriously think about it. I have yet to exhaust,or really try, much of the current treatments so I wouldn't be as despirate as some though.

That's typical for such tests. But hey, if they cover the cost it's worth it. if they end up giving you the new drug and it works,it's worth it. If your participation assists in getting a new drug that works, it's worth it. I'd say that unless they require to stop a certain current treatment that is working, there really is no downside at all.

Your condition will still be here in 4 years, right? What's a few pills to attempt to treat or cure it?

Speaking of pills, if my transplant is successful, I will be on pills for the rest of my life. For the first few days I will be taking somewhere between 30-50 pills a day,

;;;
Damn Camaro H that's rough man.
I take 7 different types. I take my meds 3 times a day.
2 of them are beta blockers (regulate heart beat & pressure).
1 is a blood thinner (Pradox) which is much better on you than its predasessor warfarin aka rat poison
2 different lasik's doses & a pill to help protect my stomach lining
I also take a big ass horse tranq size pill twice a day that I really thought might be a suppository when I first seen it ! Thank the FSM that I only have to choke it down twice a day as opposed to sticking it up my ass ~;) lol.
Yeah, I've got a life sentence.
I don't take my meds now, I will probably/might last a day according to my doctor.
If a healthy person takes my meds... it wioll probably stop their heart at the doses I have been weaned up to.

CHF will never get better.
An enlarged heart will never get better.
WHat I hope for is to improve, if I can get my heart function up above 30% would be really good. I was at my sickest below 20% function, I am now over 25% & no longer have any sign of illness .... but the damage has been done.
What would be great is if my right atrial chamber started pumping again, that would be the best case senario.
So my heart only has 3 chambers pumping blood. If I can heal to have all 4 chambers working chances are i'll go to 50% or possibly better & life except for a couple of regular drugs will be close to normal.
THere is also the possibility in the future (generally at least a year after diagnosis) for electric shock to the heart muscle that isn't working, or an implant (pace maker) to send regular signals to the chamber that at this time isn't working.
THere is also the possibility of a trasplant further down the road.

So yeah, it isn't a death sentence, but chances are my time line here has been shortened by this.

But like Camaro H, they are getting better at keeping those of us with these conditions alive longer.

Also age has nothing to do with what happened to me.
I caught a virus,it is similar to a flu virus & you suffer the exact same symptoms as having the flu.
Anyone can catch it... it attacks the heart muscle weakening it. Often you just get weaker & weaker & thinkin gyou have the flu you go to bed & never wake up.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 17:37:28 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:09 PM, morefngdbs wrote: But like Camaro H, they are getting better at keeping those of us with these conditions alive longer.

I'm sitting here going stir crazy since I'm now unemployed and a full-time student getting my teaching cert. I'm in-between terms...and so don't have anything constructive to fill my time with so I'm feeling kind of useless.

Then I read yours and Camaro's posts and my problems seem small.

When did you catch this virus, if I may ask?

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-10 20:35:23 Reply

At 10/8/12 09:16 PM, JoS wrote: Its been 9 years almost to the day since I first posted in here. Back on page 128. The days when there was the great war between the Politics Crew and the DAG. I proclaim the DAG victorious, since well I don't think anyone else still posts from the PC, and I still have my chubby sig.

I was in the PC.

In other news: my husband was freaking out since the debate is on tomorrow and so are the Steelers. Fortunately, they're shifting the game over to the CW so everyone can watch what they want. His words: "I don't care about the game. I wanna watch the Steelers."

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-11 02:32:38 Reply

As we prepare for the vice presidential debates tomorrow it would be good to read this.

mfw Ryan must smile through answers like a piece of shit.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-11 08:34:05 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:37 PM, TheMason wrote: When did you catch this virus, if I may ask?

;;;
I started feeling ill the end of April, 2012.
;;;
Went to a doc, May 15
first heart attack , June 2
Second June 3
3rd right at the desk of the triage nurse in a Halifax Emergency room June 5

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-16 12:02:00 Reply

So today i was going to start the 'Study' on a new experimental drug.
I was getting answers to question I had that arrose from the report sent to me, explaining what they were expecting, agenda for visits, drug additions, changes, possible side effects all that stuff.

While I was talking to the person who would be my nurse & main case worker, they announced the study had reached its target of people needed & would close at noon today... seeing as I wasn't due to meet with the study doctor's until after my heart clinic appointment tomorrow. I am not eligible to join.

Not quite sure if i am relived, or disappointed. Although I had pretty much decided to participate.
Oh well looks like those who believe in Karma could say it struck 'eh ? ~;)

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-16 13:02:02 Reply

At 10/16/12 12:02 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Not quite sure if i am relived, or disappointed.

At least there's no new schedule to learn and work around.

So my transplant has been pushed back at least a couple months. Yay... I get to be mostly useless until March instead of January, and that's only if the surgery actually happens in January (This assumes I'll need 2 months of recovery before I can realistically start working).

On a completely different note, the forum has become significantly moe quiet and much more boring with leanlifter's recent absence. May have been batshit crazy, but definitely entertaining.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-16 13:46:25 Reply

At 10/16/12 01:02 PM, Camarohusky wrote: So my transplant has been pushed back at least a couple months. Yay... I get to be mostly useless until March instead of January, and that's only if the surgery actually happens in January (This assumes I'll need 2 months of recovery before I can realistically start working).

Sorry to hear that Camaro. On the useless side...I'm with you. Can't wait for this year to be over and start, yet another, career.

On a completely different note, the forum has become significantly moe quiet and much more boring with leanlifter's recent absence. May have been batshit crazy, but definitely entertaining.

Yeah...gave me something to do.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-16 13:47:44 Reply

At 10/16/12 12:02 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Not quite sure if i am relived, or disappointed. Although I had pretty much decided to participate.
Oh well looks like those who believe in Karma could say it struck 'eh ? ~;)

Sorry to hear that. Any other experimental treatments?

BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-16 15:26:38 Reply

Hello.

BBS Signature