New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-16 17:00:34 Reply

At 9/15/12 07:51 PM, morefngdbs wrote: My first wife wanted the things money could buy...

My first was kindof that way. She grew-up in poverty and was the first in her family to graduate college. She expected the diploma to be the key to an easy life after college. But when things got tough, I think it caused too much stress for her and scars from her childhood (abuse & neglect) bubbled to the surface. We struggled financially, and her answer to driving 30 miles and spending gas to go to med school (while I was an E-3 in the Air Force)...was to move out of base housing and buy a freakin' house. She miscarried. Things just fell apart.

The marriage spectacularly disintegrated.

So maybe it was my fault, maybe it was her fault ... maybe it was no ones fault & shit just happens.

But I saw no reason to stay with her, so I left.

It took me some time to come to peace with it, but yeah I think the 'no one's fault & shit just happens' is the best way to look at things...trying to assign blame just fuels anger and bitterness.

All I know is I got 2 beautiful children out of that relationship who I see & get to be with all the time & that's what's really important & this girl I just asked to marry me, is more than my best friend, she gives me reason to smile & enjoy life & who doesn't care about money. Sure she realises we need it, but to her there are so many other things more important ~:)

I'm celebrating my daughter's 14th B-day next week, we haven't had a relationship since she was four. Last March she moved back to Missouri when the ex got a job here. So we're working on putting the pieces back together. Seeing her makes all the pain and suffering worth it.

As for the new fiance; I'm happy for you. I know that my second attempt is so much happier. She is my best friend and we enjoy doing so many of the same things (cheesy scy fy movies on saturday night, geek movies, books, shooting) so we actually enjoy being together. Even if she asks me what's happening politically to help her get to sleep on sleepless nights.

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-17 21:38:39 Reply

At 9/16/12 05:00 PM, TheMason wrote: My first was kindof that way. She grew-up in poverty and was the first in her family to graduate college. She expected the diploma to be the key to an easy life after college.

I have a friend like that. Same situation, and basically expected a job to fall into her lap after college. She still doesn't have one, so she became a welfare queen instead of doing anything else. She has a graphic design degree, but one look at her portfolio and you will know why she doesn't. Meanwhile, my other friend has a graphic design degree, but does it as a side business from her regular job. She's good at it, but I think she is also level-headed enough to realize art does not pay the bills unless you work for Pixar or some other company like that.

As for the new fiance; I'm happy for you. I know that my second attempt is so much happier. She is my best friend and we enjoy doing so many of the same things (cheesy scy fy movies on saturday night, geek movies, books, shooting) so we actually enjoy being together. Even if she asks me what's happening politically to help her get to sleep on sleepless nights.

My husband and I have to avoid politics. He's a bleeding-heart liberal and I'm leaning more libertarian these days. I was a liberal Democrat until after the 2008 election too, oddly enough. I think once I got out of the dorm room, I realized how the world worked. He, on the other hand, used to be a conservative and switched. Usually, it's the other way for men.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-19 21:12:12 Reply

New Favorite Hobby: Messing with pollsters who call my house.

Pollster: So, how do you feel about America's energy problem? Do you think we should be drilling domestically?
Me: Hell yeah man, we need to get that shit out of there! I think our President is wiggity wack for not tappin' into that sweet oil.
Pollster: Heh...right.

:D

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-19 21:43:30 Reply

At 9/19/12 09:12 PM, ZJ wrote: New Favorite Hobby: Messing with pollsters who call my house.

I lived in Ohio during the 2008 election, so I got quite familiar with swing state campaigning. On Election Day, someone left some Obama materials at my door. Great, except for the fact I had a 9-5 job. Ended up going to my polling place at 5 AM since even in the rural place I was in, it was damn busy.

As for messing with pollsters, after awhile they get used to it. What they're looking for is creativity. Do with that what you will. :P

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-20 10:01:10 Reply

At 9/19/12 09:43 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: As for messing with pollsters, after awhile they get used to it. What they're looking for is creativity. Do with that what you will. :P

;;;
I get pnone calls all the time from the people who provide my internet service.
They keep trying to get me to try their 'free' cable subscription & home phone service c/w long distance savings & I can 'bundle ' it all together to save EVEN MORE !
So I keep telling them...
Sir/madam if I'm paying 50 bucks for internet & its a hundred dollars for the bundle .... isn't that paying more ?
They usually respond with the same tired BS, yes its more than 50 bucks, but if you were to pay for all 4 services seperately it would be way more than 100 dollars .....
Which leads me to reply on how you called me & told me YOU CAN SAVE ME MONEY on my internet bill & what you are trying to do is DOUBLE MY Cost ! SO if you are really trying to save me money and I can have 4 services for 100 dollars, which is 25 bucks a service .... I will happily take a reduction in my internet service to 25 dollars please ~;)
Seeing as they don't have the authority or sense of humour to do anything even remotely like actually SAVE ME 1 red cent ! ! !they usually tell me to fuck off in their very nice language -"well sir if you have any problems with your internet service or would like to make any changes in the future please don't hesitate Blah , blah , blah , blah !

My other favorite line when I get a call for cable or a satelite service fro free for 3 months &/or low introductory rate is , why can't the rate stay that way ?
Why does it have to go up ?
Can't you instead lower it if I decide to keep it , after the introductory period .... after all you've spent money on a tech to come & install it.
You've had to buy the equipment you put in place.
IF I keep using it, there is no futher cost to you & so you make your money back & start making a profit the longer I keep using your service .

I also like to use,
Excuse me, but you want me to pay you to put programing into my home, that is filled with commercials that you are paid by advertisers to carry to viewers ..... & then want to be paid again by me to watch it !
Do you believe I am stupid ?
Why would I pay to get a movie or TV show loaded with interuptions for things like Tampons that as a male I will never need or even want to learn about ?!?
That has already been paid for to be shown ???

Ahhh, good clean fun ~:)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-20 10:50:24 Reply

owned.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-20 21:29:50 Reply

I laughed when I saw this headline.

U.S. Postal Service asks Floridians to stop crashing into post offices

Maybe they should stop putting post offices next to bilboards of attractive women.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-21 02:16:35 Reply

At 9/20/12 09:29 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I laughed when I saw this headline.

U.S. Postal Service asks Floridians to stop crashing into post offices

Maybe they should stop putting post offices next to bilboards of attractive women.

well it DOES get expensive after a while.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-24 20:39:50 Reply

How refreshing is the concept of a female character who throws a fit over losing too much weight?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-25 00:04:09 Reply

At 9/24/12 08:39 PM, Korriken wrote: How refreshing is the concept of a female character who throws a fit over losing too much weight?

Sounds interesting, what is it?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-25 00:28:35 Reply

So turns out that that live donor kidney thrown away in Ohio was the result of a nurse who went on break and then decided to come off break and take part, as if she knew what was going on...

Major failure in policy. You bet I'm going to have a talk with the surgeon before my surgery...

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-25 17:32:42 Reply

At 9/25/12 12:04 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 9/24/12 08:39 PM, Korriken wrote: How refreshing is the concept of a female character who throws a fit over losing too much weight?
Sounds interesting, what is it?

it's just my cartoon. I'm working on making the characters more in depth and interesting. One of the main female characters is rather muscular, not like professional body builder muscular, but she does have a slender but very sculpted body, which she considers hideous. to keep a more "feminine look" for herself she has just a little body fat to cover it up. At one point she becomes too busy to maintain her bit of body fat and ends up losing her bit of cover up fat and when she looks in the mirror to brush her hair, she throws a bit because her muscles are beginning to peek.

of course, the main reason I've even been working on this is because I'm tired of seeing the same boring concepts on tv and in movies. tired of seeing barbie doll looking females and either crazy well built or very "pretty boy" ish men.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-26 01:13:25 Reply

In honor of Avengers coming out on Blu Ray:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3lU8U--igfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-26 01:14:26 Reply

At 9/26/12 01:13 AM, Camarohusky wrote: In honor of Avengers coming out on Blu Ray:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3lU8U--igfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fail. I'm just going to post a link...

Here.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-28 04:26:15 Reply

At 9/26/12 01:14 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Here.

I think I'm going to buy the Wal-Mart version that comes with the Season 1 comic book...comic and a movie...mmmm

Oh, and hi everybody...been awhile.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-28 12:14:18 Reply

At 9/28/12 04:26 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
I think I'm going to buy the Wal-Mart version that comes with the Season 1 comic book...comic and a movie...mmmm

Target has one we got for $20 w/Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, Ultraviolet, DVD, music downloads plus two bonus disks.

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-28 19:00:37 Reply

At 9/28/12 04:26 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:

That's the one I bought. I finally got to see that second post credit scene I missed in the theater. Yeah, I could have gotten it on youtube but that wouldn't be right. It had to come after the movie.

SPOILERS.

Now I finally understand that photoshop of Loki chained to tree outside a resturant.

END SPOILERS.

It's been a while for me too. Hi. I'm a mod now. I have buttons.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-29 11:44:23 Reply

At 9/28/12 07:00 PM, stafffighter wrote: It's been a while for me too. Hi. I'm a mod now. I have buttons.

I have a zipper....means I have to be a bit more careful zipping the ole fly up after pissing...but it is much faster than buttons ~;)

Congrats ( I think ) on the mod status Stafff

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-08 14:34:34 Reply

Thought I'd share this.

As someone who was born in Ohio and has lived there for most of his life, I can tell you that a lot of this is hilariously true.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-08 20:43:53 Reply

At 10/8/12 02:34 PM, ZJ wrote:
As someone who was born in Ohio and has lived there for most of his life, I can tell you that a lot of this is hilariously true.

I'll raise you this.

I'm sorry, but Ashtabula County is not allowed to be part of New Ohio. Too many rednecks.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-08 21:16:35 Reply

Its been 9 years almost to the day since I first posted in here. Back on page 128. The days when there was the great war between the Politics Crew and the DAG. I proclaim the DAG victorious, since well I don't think anyone else still posts from the PC, and I still have my chubby sig.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 09:06:15 Reply

At 10/8/12 09:16 PM, JoS wrote: Its been 9 years almost to the day since I first posted in here. Back on page 128. The days when there was the great war between the Politics Crew and the DAG. I proclaim the DAG victorious, since well I don't think anyone else still posts from the PC, and I still have my chubby sig.

Trying to bring it back?

The drek that leanlifter1 is spewing and de-railing a couple of threads kindof has a practical aroma to it...

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 09:32:09 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:06 AM, TheMason wrote:
The drek that leanlifter1 is spewing and de-railing a couple of threads kindof has a practical aroma to it...

Anytime a person or group brings some detrimental social, "Political" or environmental consequence of this system to the forefront, pejorative distinctions are usually branded upon their forehead to stifle such concern and frighten other detractors such as being erroneously cited as posting as you say "drek" and "spewing and de-railing a couple of threads". It's a bunch of personal opinions and not facts as all you have tried to do to discredit and mitigate what I am posting on these forums to no avail. Also what you are trying to accomplish can also be considered text book "Propaganda" by way of it's very definition and as well to be considered "Ad Hominem Attacking". Perhaps next time you will try to engage in civil debate rather than taking the lazy way out by attacking the person and ignoring the issues based on your own prejudices.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 10:12:59 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:32 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/9/12 09:06 AM, TheMason wrote:
Anytime a person or group brings some detrimental social, "Political" or environ

;;;;l;
Hey leanlifter
NO FUCKIN' Politics in the lounge !
Read the damn rules before you post here.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 12:34:21 Reply

At 10/9/12 10:12 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
Hey leanlifter

I see someone was trying to get me kicked into a ban UMMM nice try.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 13:06:48 Reply

At 10/9/12 12:34 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Hey leanlifter
I see someone was trying to get me kicked into a ban UMMM nice try.

I have absolutely no concern with whether you are banned or not
I'm not a Mod, & I haven't gone running to one to get you to follow the rules.

I just happened to see your drivel in the lounge first.... if one of the other regulars had , they would have said the same thing...so please take your self important attitude & shove it where the sun don't shine.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 14:53:20 Reply

At 10/9/12 01:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Hey leanlifter
I have absolutely no concern with whether you are banned or not
I'm not a Mod, & I haven't gone running to one to get you to follow the rules.
I just happened to see your drivel in the lounge first.... if one of the other regulars had , they would have said the same thing...so please take your self important attitude & shove it where the sun don't shine.

Sounds like interpersonal issues as well as a matter of personal Opinion on your end. Please refrain from using potty mouth toward myself and also please construct more eloquent topics and opinions if you wish to engaged in civil debate with myself otherwise don't even bother.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:31:34 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:32 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Perhaps next time you will try to engage in civil debate rather than taking the lazy way out by attacking the person and ignoring the issues based on your own prejudices.

I brought you up because in the past we have had groups that play practical jokes on the regulars and noobs on this BBS. JoS was one of those guys (the DAG). The stuff you are saying is so disjointed and over the top, I thought he was bringing it back (all the ego stuff you were saying.). So I was asking the question...so no it is not an ad hominem attack.

I am not going to debate you here. This thread is for those of us who have been on the forum for awhile to socialize and take a break from politics. Please respect the rules of the forum. So either PM me with your complaint or say something in the topic threads about it. But don't rail against 'propoganda' and save your socio-economic-political screeds for the appropriate threads here in the politics forum.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:33:19 Reply

Also...my apologies to the rest of the regulars for bringing LL1 into the thread.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-10-09 15:36:56 Reply

Children settle down or I start giving out time outs.

What ever happened to the rule of 200 posts to be in the Regular Lounge? Granted I've been slightly inactive for a while.....

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature