• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 5/26/12 09:51 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Our A/C may be on the fritz in the middle of a heatwave

FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK

Shit, time to break out the redneck air conditioner.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 28th, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 5/26/12 10:35 PM, Malachy wrote: Shit, time to break out the redneck air conditioner.

*shakes head*

Place the fan in the window. During the day, you place it so it blows out (pulling the heat out of the room) and at night you place it so it blows in (pulling the cool into the room).

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 28th, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

It's not broken broken, but I'm thinking Freon leak at this point. I'll talk to the landlord tomorrow.

It's also quite hot in here since we have all the doors and windows open. My husband burned the living shit out of the hamburgers, smoked us out, and set off the smoke alarm.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 28th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 06:12 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: My husband burned the living shit out of the hamburgers, smoked us out, and set off the smoke alarm.

You just can't catch a break today, can you?

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 28th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 06:27 PM, Proteas wrote:
You just can't catch a break today, can you?

This week has generally been better, but the weekend has been like last week where a bunch of shit happens.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

I first I thought it was just a really bad stereotypical meme... turns out high expectations asian father is real... very real.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - May. 31st, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 5/31/12 03:40 PM, Korriken wrote: I first I thought it was just a really bad stereotypical meme... turns out high expectations asian father is real... very real.

Can be the case with Asian parents. Asia Carrera's childhood/teenage story is an example of this. How bad does your home life have to be that you basically exchange sex for a place to stay for the night but still attend school during the day?

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:54 AM Reply

It's official, I have outgrown my 250cc motorcycle I got when I was 17. Today I bought a new motorcycle. I imagine I will flood facebook and the BBS with stupid pics of it when it arrives and I sign all the paperwork. I traded in my old bike.... for $400. I was almost expecting to have to pay a "disposal fee" for trading it in lol.

My new bike is a bit of a change from my old one. It's a 600cc sport bike but not one of those super sports where you're riding with your knees in your armpits. It's actually more comfortable than the cruiser-style bike I traded in. You sit more on your butt muscles rather than your tail bone, which makes commutes and longer rides nicer. I was also interested in a tricked-out touring bike that was much more comfortable than either the cruiser or the sport bikes. I didn't get it because it was just a tad bit too expensive for me now. Maybe in a few years after I've settled down and have a house I'll get the touring bike and my wife and I can go on bike trips around the country.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:45 AM Reply

Um... Well, I got my first straight "A" in a college course. Probably my last as well. Only took til the end of my third year. Analysis of Animated Cinema. Appropriate, I think.

Now to start on my twelve-minute animated thesis *starts crying at the prospect*

It's pain and pleasure.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Why, oh why, do I have class on Saturday?

At least it's only 2 hours long, and not as dull as property...

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Proteas was right. I can't catch a break this week.

Was going to run errands, do housework and game today. First, I ended up at the auto shop for a tire going. Then my infected toe got a lot worse so I went to the urgent care place. I have cellulitis and am on antibiotics. Also have a moratorium on ballet. Crap.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 07:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Proteas was right. I can't catch a break this week.

Was going to run errands, do housework and game today. First, I ended up at the auto shop for a tire going. Then my infected toe got a lot worse so I went to the urgent care place. I have cellulitis and am on antibiotics. Also have a moratorium on ballet. Crap.

Lamesauce :( New week tomorrow so maybe things will turn around for you. Car repairs are always a pain in the ass. My dad used to buy whole extra sets of 4 rims that he kept winter tires on to make changing to them easier every year. It made for a great time saver if you popped a tire too because you could just grab one of the rims with a winter tire on it and be on your way while you drop the popped tire off to be fixed at the shop.

I'm considering finding some new outdoor/exercise activities so I'm not such a shut-in on days off. I took a wind surfing class last week and picked it up easily enough. Maybe I'll check out a karate class or something soon.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 08:45 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 6/2/12 07:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Proteas was right. I can't catch a break this week.

Was going to run errands, do housework and game today. First, I ended up at the auto shop for a tire going. Then my infected toe got a lot worse so I went to the urgent care place. I have cellulitis and am on antibiotics.

;;;;
Here's to hope !
As in hoping you have a better week coming.

My dad used to buy whole extra sets of 4 rims that he kept winter tires on to make changing to them easier every year. It

;;;
Standard operating proceedure for most auto owners up here.
the problem with it, especially for us country folk...is our tires are studded.
You get ticketed for using studded tires after the April 30, & can't go on before Oct 15...unless theres a big damn snow storm.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 6/3/12 06:54 PM, morefngdbs wrote: ;;;
Standard operating proceedure for most auto owners up here.
the problem with it, especially for us country folk...is our tires are studded.
You get ticketed for using studded tires after the April 30, & can't go on before Oct 15...unless theres a big damn snow storm.

My dad didn't start buying studded tires until all the kids were driving age and after I wrecked the family car on black ice. But yeah, we had the same rule about using studs outside of winter. But in a pinch I'm sure a cop would let you off with a warning if you only have 1 studded tire while you bring the popped one to a shop. Hell, it sure beats driving on a donut with a 45mph max limit, especially if the closest tire store is an hour drive up the freeway.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

I'm watching the Venus transit of the sun. Live online. With Astronomer commentary.

I fucking love the internet.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Turns out I'm allergic to the antibiotic I was on. The doctor put me on a new one and I'm taking Benadryl until my face no longer looks like someone with cleats ran over it.

The way my luck has been recently, if I were on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," I'd phone a friend and get voice mail.

LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 6/5/12 09:28 PM, Ravariel wrote: I'm watching the Venus transit of the sun. Live online. With Astronomer commentary.

I fucking love the internet.

Damn I missed it. I was on a field school so I had no internet.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 6/9/12 01:40 AM, LordJaric wrote: Damn I missed it. I was on a field school so I had no internet.

NASA still has video up.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 6/9/12 01:50 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 6/9/12 01:40 AM, LordJaric wrote: Damn I missed it. I was on a field school so I had no internet.
NASA still has video up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9rM8ChTjY

There ya go.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

So I was getting all lost on the internet today and I came across an interesting story about users on reddit being banned for "spamming" and there was a story about a user named SolInvictus who was a moderator in the /politics section of all places and was a redditor-for-hire as it turns out.

Our solinvictus?! The dramaz!

Also, here's a pic of the type of motorcycle I bought a couple of weeks ago. No action shots yet. It's still in the break-in period so I've been babying it quite a lot. Going to get some hard saddle bags installed if the dealership can ever find the correct mounting kit.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 10:14 PM Reply

About to send off my first post-graduation job application. Wish me luck.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Took yesterday off for my birthday. The husband surprised me with a spa day. The only thing is I did ask them to leave the lump hanging over my one toenail alone. That's leftover from the cellulitis and I'm getting it removed Monday. May have an ingrown toenail which started the whole mess too. We'll see what happens.

Parents are coming down tomorrow. Dad already got the Chocolate Ammo I sent for Father's Day.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 6/16/12 03:10 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Parents are coming down tomorrow. Dad already got the Chocolate Ammo I sent for Father's Day.

;;;
Sounds like its family time for you today as well !

I've got the whole famn damily coming here today.
Nothing like a health scare to make all your relatives want to come see you.
Not sure if its all concern or looking to protect their interests in any possible inheritence if I kick off suddenly ~;)

My honey started a huge pork roast in the slow cooker hours ago, going to be a pulled pork, with her home baked beans, her own attempt at coleslaw that has something making it hot & its spicy , my families potato salad recipe that I've perfected, corn on the cob, & all the home made condiments from our garden last year, sweet mustard pickles, beets, chow-chow, salsa .... should be a good feed

I've got 6 types of home made wine all at least 4 months in the bottle, 2 are berry wines, (reddish) 2 different whites, A cab sav & an Italian (de brusio )
Now if only I was allowed to drink ! ! !

I personally think its way past time for drug developers to come up with drugs that work even better if you drink !
Make like designer pain killers that go with beer
Virus & beta blockers that work best with 3 or 4 glasses of wine .
Cancer Drugs that really kick ass if your having a couple of rum or whiskey shooters !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

Three generations of the Camarohusky family are going bowling today.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

OK, I'm trying to order a Mystery Box. Why has the page been processing for 20 minutes?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 09:24 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: OK, I'm trying to order a Mystery Box. Why has the page been processing for 20 minutes?

It's a mystery.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 09:24 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: OK, I'm trying to order a Mystery Box. Why has the page been processing for 20 minutes?

It says it's all sold out for the time being. Mystery boxes mysteriously become available whenever they need to clean out a desk or find space for more convention swag.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 06:10 PM, Malachy wrote: It says it's all sold out for the time being. Mystery boxes mysteriously become available whenever they need to clean out a desk or find space for more convention swag.

No, what happened was I reported the problem after I tried twice and nothing happened. Luis emailed me back and said they were having problems, and he was going to take the boxes down until they got the problem ironed out.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 08:25 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 6/21/12 06:10 PM, Malachy wrote: It says it's all sold out for the time being. Mystery boxes mysteriously become available whenever they need to clean out a desk or find space for more convention swag.
No, what happened was I reported the problem after I tried twice and nothing happened. Luis emailed me back and said they were having problems, and he was going to take the boxes down until they got the problem ironed out.

I saw the thread in general where he talked about that. The topic was about how this was the first time mystery boxes ahven't flown off the shelf. My guess is that everybody already has 5 copies of snow snow for lucy. Seriously, how many of those did they make?

Also, hi. I'm not dead.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature