djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 12:07 PM, SolInvictus wrote:
At 3/30/12 11:43 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Its gone through the wash with chemicals & soap... did you have anything like bounce in there as well ?
doesn't that just mean more super-powers?

No, it just means you'll look weirder when you do get powers.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 12:43 PM, djack wrote: No, it just means you'll look weirder when you do get powers.

No, it just means he'll smell that much better when he does get superpowers. It won't be pot funk, it will be FRESH AND CLEAN!

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 01:31 PM, Proteas wrote: No, it just means he'll smell that much better when he does get superpowers. It won't be pot funk, it will be FRESH AND CLEAN!

Nobody said you'd get USEFUL superpowers.

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

This is the same thing I always say, but her we are again. If by some chance I hit the lottery, party at my new big house with all my newgrounds friends. And then you have to sleep over so if there are ghosts they don't get me. Rich people houses always have ghosts.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 07:33 PM, stafffighter wrote: Rich people houses always have ghosts.

the perfect time for mold related superpowers! or, since people don't like having non-functional fire detectors nor people trying to hoard radioactive material, i can not-believe in them away.

or you can buy us some ghost-busting packs; might be a little more effective.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Ok so lately I've been pondering the concept of racial identity... or more specifically "acting your race" or maybe even more specifically "adhere to your heritage(?)". I get a lot of funny looks from people when I'm riding in town with my windows down and playing something like this this or this

Sometimes I wonder what went wrong in my upbringing to break me away from the "this is your heritage, stick to it" philosophy. which brings up the question from me is ,"are we embedding such a philosophy into our young to the point they can't or won't appreciate something that doesn't pertain to their "culture"? Or perhaps its not even that, perhaps I've suffered some sort of brain damage or mental trauma that prevents my mind from being shut off from various things?

Most guys my age that live around me enjoy bloody violence, listen to rock country and rap pretty much exclusively, and will go after any woman that they can put their dick in, and yet, I am nothing like them at all.

I like music from all over the world, I find profane music to be annoying at best, the sound of autotune makes me wanna destroy the radio, and I prefer to wait for that one right woman to happen along...

Course, I still like violence as much as the next guy, but only in video games and watching boxing. I find wrestling to be crap (given how fake it is) and these MMA shows are.. bleh. and for some reason I find kids cartoons to be far more appealing than anything aimed at my age group... with a couple of exceptions. I find spongebob to just be stupid.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:54 AM Reply

At 3/31/12 03:46 PM, Korriken wrote: Ok so lately I've been pondering...

Meh, conformity is for the birds. Like what you like, blast your music, be it flamenco, jigs, swing or kletzmer, and give zero fucks what others may think about it. I would blast any of those tunes out my windows and likely a few more. I also like rock, rap (some), and think that auto-tune in general is terrible, but can be used in interesting ways (see: Daft Punk). Where I grew up it was classic rock and country. I got real tired of Aerosmith and the Stones, let me tell you.

I find little interesting in following trends, or sticking to any specific heritage or former way of living/thinking. I can respect social norms, cultural identities, and yet still cross them to take what is good from each one I find. If people think I'm breaking some sort of taboo for doing so then I will put on my troll face and giggle at their discomfort.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

One of my music teachers used to have a system in his car that was loud enough to rattle the windows in the cars next to him. When somebody would pull up next to him in a ghetto blaster in traffic and try to annoy him, he'd blast their eardrums with something like this and keep on driving.

What's the moral in this story? Be yourself. And if you want to fuck with people, leave an impression.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 4/2/12 05:56 PM, Proteas wrote: One of my music teachers used to have a system...

dude thats a great idea.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Now that I'm no longer living in abject misery, I renew my work on my cartoon. as I was brainstorming last night, the question pops into my head, "if this is going to take place on a double post apocalyptic earth, where in the world is the story going to take place?"

Given that the world looks very very little like the world we know, and since it takes place in what would be around year 4500 AD, trying to match up local cultures is meaningless. Some things DO persist (I've turned almost the entire North American continent into a wild west setting :P) the "races" we know are more or less gone, thanks to massive interbreeding and the mutations brought on by Ethereal Radiation thanks to one intrepid adventurer inadvertently discovering what happened to magic (It was sealed into a jewel and buried in a pyramid by a very very greedy Pharaoh) without the ethereal radiation magical beings ceased to exist but when the adventurer, the "guy with a really awesome hat" finds the jewel and tries to have it made into a ring for his woman, the bottled up magic is released all at once. He takes the jewel to a world renouned jeweler in Israel. the force of the release is enough to turn the middle east into a wasteland.

the rest of the world become irradiated by it. The radiation does not kill, but it does transform the world. eventually man learned to harvest the radiation and use it for a power supply. from it many inventions that were formerly impossible become possible, like giant robots. man invents robot, then pilots learn that these giant robots make great athletes and the Mechanized Sports League is formed.

of course, some people learn that they can naturally manipulate the radiation for various effects and thus, "magic" returns to the world, which after a few hundred years, a king rises to power, raises his own mage army and decides that those with the talent are inherently better than other and should thus be subjugated. the ensuing war ravages the world and brings an end to high technology and magic alike.

thousand years later, the story begins, some technologies have been restored (like television, video games(though 16 bit is the best thats been achieved), and trains, but many things, (like guns, aircraft, and the internet) either do not exist or are very very rare. at one point in the series, our, uhh, heroes, discover a Mechanized Football robot, Linebacker, and the elf (who i ditched his name because I felt it sucked) end up recharging its power core and reviving it... turns out the robot hates non Americans (yeah racist robot, go figure),

later in the series the elf ends up going head to head with a fully armed gunship helicopter and brings it down :P

I'm still on track for it to be a nutty crazy kind of show full of things that don't quite make sense, but at the same time, kinda does... all the while being a very, very serious plotline.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Interesting fact:

I'm not dead.

Also, I may have an album coming out, and I have a few good videos of the Sin City Scoundrels in Tulsa OK.

I'm stealing internet at the house right now... finally got a craptop.

Many awesome and unbelievable things have happened.

For example, I discovered you can fire a grappling hook from a potato gun.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 4/3/12 08:34 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Interesting fact:

I'm not dead.

Who are you again? ;)

For example, I discovered you can fire a grappling hook from a potato gun.

...I must find a way to do this and soon.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 4/3/12 08:34 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Interesting fact:
potato gun.

;;;;;
mmmm mashed potato's !
Does the gun have different settings ?
Like roast potato, or baked spud etc ?

What is a grappling potato ?
~;p

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM Reply

Grappling tater? isn't that an Irish Wrestler?

btw it just came to my attention that there is some VERY SICK SHIT that goes on in our world. here' my logic behind it.

Vegetarians eat vegetables. is that's the case, Jeffrey Dahmer is a humanitarian.

the UN leads many humanitarian efforts. I suppose its a good way to control the world population, but still...

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 01:36 PM, Korriken wrote: the UN leads many humanitarian efforts. I suppose its a good way to control the world population, but still...

;;;
well , pass the BBQ sauce & the mashed potato please ~;p

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

*sigh*

So I get up this morning, it's my weekend off (I get like 1 weekend off every month through my job because it's this odd-ball schedule they have), and we're having company over tomorrow for Easter. Fine. I go out to burn trash because we're too cheap to pay for trash pickup this far out in the sticks, and my folks leave to go have breakfast right as I'm getting ready to let my inner pyromaniac out, right? I get done with it, and as I'm walking back to the house I notice that they are back (I had been at for a while, I was burning some branches my dad chopped down last weekend). Dad is in the kitchen prepping some pork ribs to put in the smoker for tomorrow, and he's being very quiet... Mom is cleaning house, and she's being very quiet... him and Mom have been at it arguing. And apparently not the kind of arguing they normally do.

Of the two things I was able to glean from my Dad about the situation, Mom misplaced about some $200 cash yesterday, which was both her gas money for the next two weeks and my Dad's eating money on the road (truck driver), and in all liklihood was in the trash I just burned. Add to that, my mother had insulted my dad's smoked ribs saying that people always complain about how nasty they are. I don't know what my Dad said in response, but it was enough to ruin the day for them early on.

Trying to defuse the situation, I offer to run to town to get stuff for the dinner tomorrow. So I go, and I come back an hour later, Mom is taking a nap and Dad is out in the yard working on the smoker.... I sign into facebook and this is what I see from my Mother....

It was Evan Williams by the way.

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 01:58 PM Reply

not a complaint or anything, just putting out a general mod alarm; silly people have snuck in and prompted silly responses.

i thought this would be more effective than pms since i'd have to guess who'd be on later.
they haven't become too cool not to come here, right?

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 4/9/12 01:58 PM, SolInvictus wrote: silly people have snuck in and prompted silly responses.

;;;
damn I missed it.
Did they have clown noses ?
I have always found clown noses to be funny, even while clown make up can be done & look quite scary...

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

At 4/9/12 01:58 PM, SolInvictus wrote: not a complaint or anything, just putting out a general mod alarm; silly people have snuck in and prompted silly responses.
i thought this would be more effective than pms since i'd have to guess who'd be on later.
they haven't become too cool not to come here, right?

You can totally send me PMs. I check NG a few times a day but I don't always have time to patrol each forum in detail so I am more apt to see I have a new message and be able to take care of something when I have a spare minute.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 3/6/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 07:06 PM Reply

btw

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 4/19/12 07:06 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: btw

hmmmm
Well my ears aren't bleeding.
Must be all the calluses I developed on the ear drums, from all the years i've been a stgehand/rigger !

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 11:31 PM Reply

When Batman needs disposable eating utensils, he can always rely on a Batspork.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 06:05 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 11:31 PM, Korriken wrote: When Batman needs disposable eating utensils, he can always rely on a Batspork.

You know, that little bit left over on the right looks almost like an eyebrow...like batman is giving a 'wtf is wrong with you, son?" look

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Am I the only one that finds this to be funny.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 10:23 PM, LordJaric wrote: Am I the only one that finds this to be funny.

Perhaps I would too if the picture wasn't so blurry ^_^. I'm guessing the joke is that there is a bar next to a mathnasium? On a side note, a friend of mine worked at one of those math places for a little while after they graduated college.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 11:31 PM, Korriken wrote: When Batman needs disposable eating utensils, he can always rely on a Batspork.

As a fan of sporks, I am completely appalled that you would deface the beautiful, ingenious, rare, work of art known as the spork.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 4/22/12 10:24 PM, Camarohusky wrote: As a fan of sporks, I am completely appalled that you would deface the beautiful, ingenious, rare, work of art known as the spork.

your being offended offends me.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I bet scammers hate people like me. Should have figured it was too good to be true when I was at the Comicon this past weekend but the thing is they don't have my credit card number or anything.

Basically, I put my name in a drawing for a vacation and got a call earlier. The lady said she'd call later and I told her next Tuesday. Looked up the phone number that called me after my intuition said something was wrong, and it looks like I was right. So I'll probably just ignore the call. Dodged a bullet there.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 4/26/12 07:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I bet scammers hate people like me. :
Basically, I put my name in a drawing for a vacation and got a call earlier. The lady said she'd call later and I told her next Tuesday.

;;;
Hi RydiaLockHeart, how's married life going ?

THe vacation spammers are notorious to those of us in northern climes...I'd have to live for a couple hundred years to be able to go on all the free cruises & vacations out of Florida I've won in the last 10/15 years !
Caveat Emptor should always be in the fore front of your thoughts when dealing with anything that's "FREE"

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 05:40 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Hi RydiaLockHeart, how's married life going ?

Well, we haven't killed each other yet so I guess that's good.

THe vacation spammers are notorious to those of us in northern climes...I'd have to live for a couple hundred years to be able to go on all the free cruises & vacations out of Florida I've won in the last 10/15 years !
Caveat Emptor should always be in the fore front of your thoughts when dealing with anything that's "FREE"

The con put a message on its Facebook page since apparently they've gotten a lot of messages about those folks. The whole con seemed to be downhill this year too. Stan Lee showed up, so I think they blew the budget on him and raised the prices so a lot of other folks didn't come. (Boston having their con the same weekend certainly didn't help matters either.) But since a lot of the booths would have sat empty otherwise, you had a lot of folks who had no business being there, and it didn't help that a lot of them wouldn't take no for an answer.