Leap
Leap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-07-24 18:05:53 Reply

Sup people.

Just popping my head back in and was wondering if there was anyone around from the old days.

G'day to all you new folk too.

Leapy

BBS Signature
lapis
lapis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-01 09:55:53 Reply

Hey, has the thread about Turkey invading Syria been deleted? Why?

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-01 11:20:53 Reply

At 8/1/15 09:55 AM, lapis wrote: Hey, has the thread about Turkey invading Syria been deleted? Why?

A user recently requested his account deleted. He may have been the topic starter. Unfortunately when an account goes away so do all of the threads they made

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-01 21:05:47 Reply

At 8/1/15 11:20 AM, Malachy wrote:
At 8/1/15 09:55 AM, lapis wrote: Hey, has the thread about Turkey invading Syria been deleted? Why?
A user recently requested his account deleted. He may have been the topic starter. Unfortunately when an account goes away so do all of the threads they made

I think we also have an official topic now to discuss people who ask to be deleted. I know every time my post count goes down that somebody was deleted.

I have a question though: why do people delete their accounts? It's not like their real life counter-parts will ever find their NG account and read their embarrassing posts. I mean, it's better to have something and not need it, rather than delete an account you've had for years am I right?

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-01 23:36:08 Reply

At 8/1/15 09:05 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 8/1/15 11:20 AM, Malachy wrote:
I think we also have an official topic now to discuss people who ask to be deleted. I know every time my post count goes down that somebody was deleted.

Official? No. some statwhores complain in a circle jerk every time. It does help me meet my quota of +1 posting bans though because I know where to look ^_^

I have a question though: why do people delete their accounts? It's not like their real life counter-parts will ever find their NG account and read their embarrassing posts. I mean, it's better to have something and not need it, rather than delete an account you've had for years am I right?

I really don't know. It seems like a recent phenomenon. Maybe kids learning how to internet the last 5 years are so used to being able to delete their accounts/posts/tweets by default they just assume that's how the internet is works? Back in the day, before facebook/twitter/etc you really only asked for your account to be deleted because you got a job as like a security contractor or something crazy or you felt so addicted that you had to cut the site completely out of your life and internet history....But now adays the users are asking for post wipes and account deletions but then sticking around anyway. Makes no sense to me. If you are going to take the nuclear option then you shouldn't be coming back after.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-02 01:19:21 Reply

At 7/24/15 06:05 PM, Leap wrote: Sup people.
Just popping my head back in and was wondering if there was anyone around from the old days.

G'day to all you new folk too.
Leapy

Welcome back to the regulars lounge. Some old timers are still here. Always here to have a good conversation.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-02 09:32:47 Reply

At 7/24/15 06:05 PM, Leap wrote: Sup people.

I first came here in 2008. That's probably not what you're talking about, but now that I think about it, it's about halfway through the point of the portal's history, so it probably does count now. I've been watching flash since 2004 though!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-02 12:53:48 Reply

At 8/2/15 09:32 AM, Ericho wrote: I first came here in 2008. That's probably not what you're talking about, I've been watching flash since 2004 though!

2004 was a great year for watching flash. Don't forget about the games as well.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover

At 8/1/15 11:36 PM, Malachy wrote:
I really don't know. It seems like a recent phenomenon. Maybe kids learning how to internet the last 5 years are so used to being able to delete their accounts/posts/tweets by default they just assume that's how the internet is works? Back in the day, before facebook/twitter/etc you really only asked for your account to be deleted because you got a job as like a security contractor or something crazy

;;;
Hey all.
been awhile
I haven't looked at my previous posts in awhile ....but seeing as i haven't changed my belief stance. Probably a bigger fan of the FSM than ever ( red wine might have something to do with that)
My views on Gov & the now complete control by big business interests aka the Rich I mean absolutely unbelievable rich. Buying every politician & Party elite in sight ,Is more firmly in place than ever.
After all Who Fucking Cares what Party is in power or gets elected ...When you have been buying ALL OF THEM !!!!

So if i have come to the attention of the criminals in charge ...or at least the flunkies that work for them. Cancelling my Newgrounds account, ain't gonna fix that ~;p

So in the glaring light of That ....i am just doing my best to take care of myself & those i love.
Hope you are all doing ok as well.

See ya, going kayaking

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-06 22:55:54 Reply

After attending ReplayFX con at the convention center downtown, I have decided to wander into the realm of cosplay. I thought for awhile about who to play, and decided on my Newgrounds namesake, Rydia from FF4.

I'm not a very good seamstress, but I have learned through ballet and pointe shoes, as well as costume repair. What I'll do is start with some basic parts, like a green leotard and V-shaped fingerless gloves, and modify the costume from there. I'm getting excited about this, actually. I'll also be learning more advanced sewing along the way. My mom, a retired home ec teacher, has offered to give me one of her old sewing machines so I can learn.

Wish me luck!

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-08 10:02:17 Reply

At 8/2/15 12:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 2004 was a great year for watching flash. Don't forget about the games as well.

Yeah, that WAS probably the best year, because we got Ultimate Flash Sonic, Numa Numa Dance, and Insane Orb! It's so weird how Insane Orb isn't really that well known outside this website, but it's insanely popular here.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-09 16:47:09 Reply

At 8/6/15 10:55 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
Wish me luck!

whoa ...but that costume is hot ...
Can't wait to see you with green hair ~8D

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-14 20:31:17 Reply

At least they finally figured out what’s going on with my knee.

No tears or ligament damage. Instead, I have what’s called patellofemoral chondrosis, meaning the cartilage is wearing away and it causes inflammation. There are multiple things that can cause it, but the most likely cause was my being obese for awhile there.

I got a cortisone shot (which hurt like a motherfucker) and need to go back to the orthopedist in 2 months. Other than that, I just get physical therapy 2-3 times a week, no surgery. Cleared for ballet in October.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-14 21:02:19 Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKh859Wmln8

Check out this piece of work, what do you think?

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-08-20 00:17:25 Reply

After searching for well over a year, I've found two investigative openings! One is Crime Technician in Dallas, and the other one (the one I hope to get) is Crime Scene Investigator in San Antonio. Hopefully I can land the job I've went to college for...

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature