New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-05-24 10:30:56 Reply

At 4/15/15 03:01 PM, TheMason wrote: And so my 30s are over today and a new decade (and new PT test bracket for the Air Force) begins...

And I thought I was silly for having some toys around in my twenties. It was my birthday too and guess what ice cream I got? Birthday cake!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-05-25 21:24:02 Reply

At 5/23/15 02:32 AM, Feoric wrote: Did Light have his account deleted?

Could be a post wipe. Been a lot of those happening lately.

Far as Suicide Squad....I've followed the property for awhile (scored a complete run with some extras for about 30 bucks on ebay a couple years back), and I truly believe that property has been utterly fucked since John Ostrander left it because it's just a case of being so uniquely his vision and everybody who's followed has focused on all the wrong damn elements.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-05-28 23:23:09 Reply

Boom. After three years, over a thousand dialysis treatments, 4 Bar exams, and a lot of idleness, I finally got a job. I now represent children and parents in child welfare cases.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

At 5/28/15 11:23 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Boom. After three years, over a thousand dialysis treatments, 4 Bar exams, and a lot of idleness, I finally got a job. I now represent children and parents in child welfare cases.

Good job.

My cookie business has more or less evolved into... making snow cones. A few kids asked if I could make snow cones. Now I have kids lining up for snow cones on a daily basis.

I've also made an enemy of an old woman who was doing the same, but she was charging $1.50 for an 8 ounce cup of snow cone. I charge 50 cents for the same size and a dollar for a 16 ounce.

Good for me though. It has saved me from having to go get a normal job. Eventually I want to expand what I'm doing and maybe even get a customized trailer set up so I can take my snack business on the road and possibly hit up festivals and events or at least cater parties or something.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Easy ice cream.
You need...

28 ounces of condensed milk
12 ounces of evaporated milk
4 cups of whole milk
4 tablespoons of vanilla
4 tablespoons of white sugar.
2 quart sized ziplock bags (you can use a gallon sized, but it's easier to divide into quart sized bags)
Food processor

Mix the ingredients and put them in ziplock bags. Use a double zipper or at least one you feel confident will not pop open and spill your treat all over the freezer.

Give it a few hours to freeze over. attach the bottom blades on your food processor, then put half of the ice cream in and whip it until it's creamy.

scoop the ice cream into a freezer safe container and if desired, do it to the other quart bag and add it as well. You can enjoy some now and put the rest in the freezer for later.

Easy, yes?

LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-09 02:28:22 Reply

I remember making ice cream like that in a science class back in high school

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-09 17:33:35 Reply

At 6/9/15 02:28 AM, LordJaric wrote: I remember making ice cream like that in a science class back in high school

It comes out as creamy as store brought ice cream and tastes better than anything you can purchase.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover

Congrats on the job Camaro, mmmmmmmmm ice cream
Been too busy to sign on, hell sometimes the closest I get to my computer is as I go by the room its in.
Work has been pretty much every day 12 to 16 hours a day since the end of April.
I'm off for the next 3 days unless you count the truck I gotta load in a bit to bring gear to a commercial tomorrow.... but I'm not working it, just dropping the shit & fleeing ~;-)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-14 08:25:46 Reply

At 5/28/15 11:23 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Boom. After three years, over a thousand dialysis treatments, 4 Bar exams, and a lot of idleness, I finally got a job. I now represent children and parents in child welfare cases.

Way to go!

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician

*IT'S PROBABLY NOT A BIG DEAL, BUT THIS POST DOES GET EXPLICIT*

I have another jailor story that occurred a couple nights ago.

Lied Through His Ass... Literally

A couple of county deputies brought a man in to jail for driving while license was invalid and for possession of a dangerous drug. I met the man and the two deputies at the sally port where I began to ask him a series of medical and mental questions. The man was also in distress over his horse that was left behind (to clarify, the horse is alright and it was taken by either Animal Control or an owner's friend). When I finished going through the check list, I ask him one final question:

"At this time, are you carrying any illegal drugs or weapons on you?"

He replied with a no.

"Ok. During the pat down inside, if I find any of these things, you will be charged with a felony for having possession of it inside a jail. If you were to told me that you had something now, you'd just be charged with a misdemeanor. Ok?"

He understood, and we all went inside to the book in area of the jail, where I began to pat him down, take his possessions (his wallet, money, rings, etc), and place them in the property bag. Not much later, it was time to take him into the property room where I conducted a full body search (we only do this only in special circumstances like if the person being brought in was for a drug related offense). So, I'm all alone with this man, who is still upset about his horse being "all alone", and I'm going through all of his clothes for any drugs or weapons that the deputies and I may have missed during both of the pat downs he went through.

Then, the part where he was completely naked...

"Ok. Lift your sack please," I said keeping a professional face.

He complied and I didn't see anything there.

"Ok. Turn around, bend over, spread your ass cheeks and cough real hard."

He complied, and that's when I saw something hanging from his asshole.

I instructed them to keep his ass cheeks spread while I carefully reach in for it slowly (I had plastic gloves on). The man at this point is attempting to hide what I just saw by partially closing his bum and pushing the item in question deeper inside the asshole, which at that point I told him to not push it back in. What I ended up pulling out was a baggie or marijuana.

"Why did you not tell me you had weed?" I asked.

"I didn't expect you guys to do a fully body search!" He exclaimed while still sobbing over his horse.

"Well I told you that if we were to find anything like this that you will be charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor."

"I'm sorry man, please don't! I'm depressed enough as it is!"

I told him to put his clothes back on, and I brought him back to the book in area with the baggie of marijuana in my hand. I showed the two deputies what I found, and despite the deputies directly telling him about the warning I gave him, they went easy on him and charged him with a Class B Misdemeanor instead of a State Jail Felony.

----------------------------------------------

That's pretty much the story right there. I'm against the current drug laws, especially marijuana laws, but I had a job to do and this does not reflect my opinions on whether marijuana should be illegal or not. This was also my first time finding an illegal substance during a book in, and I didn't realize that the proper protocol was for the person to take the drug out himself instead of me doing it due to marijuana with seeds inside gets hard overtime. I could have torn some of his tissue if I wasn't careful...

Thankfully, I did not.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-15 11:28:54 Reply

I've smoked some pretty shitty weed in my day, but nothing like that.

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-15 21:40:31 Reply

At 6/15/15 11:28 AM, Feoric wrote: I've smoked some pretty shitty weed in my day, but nothing like that.

Now I've been pondering why he had it up his ass in the first place. All I could come up with was as soon as he got pulled over, he quickly grabbed his baggie of weed and shoved it up there before the deputy could ask for his license. Then again, how long did he have it up there?

I guess at the end of the day, we'll never know...

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-19 23:34:21 Reply

That was nerve-wracking.

Someone I recently became acquainted with over Tumblr indicated she planned to kill herself. I tracked down where she was thanks to clues on her other pages and a Spokeo listing once I had a general location down since I know her name. Couldn't get ahold of law enforcement up in that state, so I ended up calling local 911 and they managed to connect me. I had a name, address, and general info about her, so there's at least that to go on. Left my information with them and we'll see if the trooper wants to call me back. Here's hoping I called in time. From her recent posts, it seems like she's terrified of entering college in the fall and is starting to crack.

Maybe @TNT or someone else acquainted with law enforcement can tell me, how seriously are these calls taken? I hope I DID get everything right and didn't send the trooper on a wild goose chase, especially considering I called from several states away.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-20 20:01:04 Reply

Got an update on last night's situation.

I had the right address, and an officer showed up and 5150'd her. He took her to the hospital where she stayed overnight for an evaluation. She was discharged this morning. Turns out her parents never knew she had issues with anxiety and depression, so now she'll finally be able to get some help.

That being said, it did scare her out of her mind to get 5150'd and she said she'd wished it happened differently. Me too, but when there's an imminent suicide threat, you don't have many options.

Beyond that, I don't know what's happening. The officers never called me back.

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-22 19:44:53 Reply

At 6/20/15 08:01 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Got an update on last night's situation.

I had the right address, and an officer showed up and 5150'd her. He took her to the hospital where she stayed overnight for an evaluation. She was discharged this morning. Turns out her parents never knew she had issues with anxiety and depression, so now she'll finally be able to get some help.

That being said, it did scare her out of her mind to get 5150'd and she said she'd wished it happened differently. Me too, but when there's an imminent suicide threat, you don't have many options.

Beyond that, I don't know what's happening. The officers never called me back.

That's good to hear! The officers takes suicide calls very seriously, and will go check on the person. How they approach the person can range from a number of things, but keep in mind I'm only a corrections officer, so I don't know too much on police strategy.

Anyway, I nearly had a heat stroke from pushing my motorcycle back home in the hot sun. It ran out of gas. I'm a complete idiot.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-22 19:58:44 Reply

At 6/22/15 07:44 PM, TNT wrote:
At 6/20/15 08:01 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Beyond that, I don't know what's happening. The officers never called me back.

I'm glad you reached out and helped. Depression can be managed and having your support network (family, friends, medical team) knowing what's going on is a great first step.

That's good to hear! The officers takes suicide calls very seriously, and will go check on the person. How they approach the person can range from a number of things, but keep in mind I'm only a corrections officer, so I don't know too much on police strategy.

Did you say you went to college for criminal justice? I had a few friends complete criminal justice degrees but I can't remember how deep they got into procedure since they all pretty much went to a police academy if they got hired as a cop somewhere.

Anyway, I nearly had a heat stroke from pushing my motorcycle back home in the hot sun. It ran out of gas. I'm a complete idiot.

I wear a full helmet and leather jacket every ride. I've nearly passed out a few times in traffic. My first bike didn't have a fuel gauge and I used to run out of gas all the time. The "reserve" tank literally only got me another quarter mile.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-22 22:37:14 Reply

At 6/22/15 07:58 PM, Malachy wrote:
Did you say you went to college for criminal justice? I had a few friends complete criminal justice degrees but I can't remember how deep they got into procedure since they all pretty much went to a police academy if they got hired as a cop somewhere.

I have, but Criminal Justice is such a broad topic that many people focus on different parts of it. I focused on investigations and ethical issues in the system, while others focused on probation, law, police, and a combination of them. I only took one Police course in college, so I didn't want to talk right out of my ass when it comes to how police do their jobs on a more specific level.

Learning about Police Procedure is one thing, but being a police officer is what makes you experience it.

I wear a full helmet and leather jacket every ride. I've nearly passed out a few times in traffic. My first bike didn't have a fuel gauge and I used to run out of gas all the time. The "reserve" tank literally only got me another quarter mile.

I was trying to ride it to work today, and I was surprised how small the tank really was. I've only had the motorcycle for a month, and it's a 1990 Yamaha XT600.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-22 22:53:48 Reply

At 6/22/15 10:37 PM, TNT wrote: I was trying to ride it to work today, and I was surprised how small the tank really was. I've only had the motorcycle for a month, and it's a 1990 Yamaha XT600.

That's a pretty nice bike!
I've noticed they don't size gas tanks on bikes like on cars. Most cars I think get 400-500 miles but bikes are more like 150-200 miles.

When I had a bike without a gauge I would reset the trip meter and try to fill up at around 170 miles (Suzuki gz250 that got I think 60mpg with a 3 gallon tank)

I currently own a Yamaha FZ6R and it has a digital screen that shows gas and when you hit "E" it flashes and starts a "f" trip meter that tells me how far I've gone since it started flashing E. Haven't run out of gas on this bike yet.

Commuting on it is tough. I actually bought a car in November when I realized north Texas actually gets winter. Also I was constantly avoiding being run over by distracted drivers.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-06-23 23:50:28 Reply

I have long known that I have an inner artist.

I FINALLY managed get him to come out and play. While I was at Walmart getting a new tire for my car, I was overcome with the damnedest urge to take a picture of the coffee station in the waiting area. When I got home, I began working on drawing it.

It's a bit off, but I'm also a total amateur with very little artistic experience, so I'm still happy with it.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2015-07-01 13:10:53 Reply

I was sent to the ER due to complications in my lower back and bladder, and it turned out to be my first Kidney Stone.

I'm only 23.

Damn it...

BBS Signature