At 9/16/14 10:50 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
It sounds like you have some time to make a decision, so why not take the extra effort to ensure you make the most well informed decision you can? Heck, sleeping on it can change your mind. With my treatment the doctors had indicated they wanted to put me back onto the direct blood treatment. I initially held off because I thought it was worse, but now that I have been on it for a while, I am glad I finally came around to it. So give yourself some time. Think it over. Make sure the decision is what you really want.
They're going to call me eventually to schedule it, but they were going to give me a few days to make sure it was what I wanted to do. I've read more about the condition and everything I'm seeing indicates that if I were to do something like an IUD, it only slows the progression of the disease. Some of the treatments, like Depo-Provera, have their own issues.
It turns out one of my mom's friends had the same thing. She went through various treatments for five years before they finally had no choice but to do a hysterectomy. She wondered why she didn't do it sooner. I get why my mom is freaking out, but I don't want to go through a long period of misery just to delay what's likely inevitable. I should have guessed something was going to happen to me last year when the birth control I had been on just quit working and every symptom in the book came out. The one I'm on worked until all the additional bleeding and cramping for no reason happened, and that may be the disease coming through. This is one reason that conservative treatment worries me. Several of them already don't work.
In the meantime, I've also been reading about hysterectomy to make sure it's what I want to do. So far, I'm not seeing anything that will change my mind, but I have some more time.
My in-laws are coming to town on Saturday and we'll give them the news in person, since we figured that was more appropriate. I wonder how they'll take it. I figured I already was going to have some sort of conflict since they were pushing for grandkids and I had no intention, but maybe being unable to support a pregnancy either way might alleviate some issues. I dunno.