New Topic Respond to this Topic
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-07 01:49:57 Reply

If it's the thread I'm thinking of...it's not here anymore from a "collateral damage" type move with the OP being caught up in something unrelated.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-07 08:58:15 Reply

At 5/7/11 12:30 AM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Considering the general amount of fucktardness that was in that thread I'm not too sad about its demise.

There was an incredible amount.

At 5/7/11 01:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: If it's the thread I'm thinking of...it's not here anymore from a "collateral damage" type move with the OP being caught up in something unrelated.

That makes me feel a bit better. I had the feeling maybe the man himself laid the smacketh downeth.

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-08 19:50:59 Reply

I had a vision this morning.

I envisioned an alternate universe not unlike our own, where certain events that have unfolded during human history took a different turn of events. In it, Mark David Chapman did not shoot John Lennon, he tripped at the last second and unloaded his .38 into Yoko Ono instead. Stevie Ray Vaughn never got on that Helicopter, he took a bus, and Jon Bonjovi got on the helicopter instead. On and on throughout history, tragic mishaps that happened in our universe, did not in this one, and TRULY GREAT music flourished and great minds from the past who passed on before their times went on to enlighten untold generations more.

But there were two constants in this Universe from our own, two singular entities who's existence threatens art and higher thought for generations to come in this perfect world. I think you know who these people are without my having to mention them.

I saw an older, heavy set man, drinking his coffee on a Sunday morning, and picking up a phone to call a friend. The voice on the other end of the phone spoke quietly....

"Hello?"
"Bill?"
"Speaking, who is this?"
"Bill, this is your friend Sam, how the f*ck are doing?"
"Lovely, Sam. How are Malika and the kids doing?"
"They're doing all right. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about, are you reading the morning paper?"
"No, I haven't gotten it yet... is there something I should look for?"
"Perhaps. There's something on the front page that's REALLY bugging the sh*t out me, man, and we need to do something about it."
"Do you want to just go ahead and TELL me or are you going to make me wait for it?"
"God you're crotchety in the morning. But I'll go ahead and tell you, the headline reads 'Bieber and Black sell out Shea Stadium in 5 minutes.'"
"... do WHAT?!"
"We need to do something, Bill. This sh*t cannot go on for any longer. Do you have Ted's phone number handy?"

The conversation goes from there, as two middle aged men begin to form a plot. And they contact a third, but he refuses to participate in their plan, so they go it alone.

My vision went on from there, as the two men, dressed in black leather and trench coats straight out of Matrix STORM the gates at Shea Stadium, exchanging automatic gunfire with security guards as they make they're way to the back-stage area. There, they find the stars of the show, eating the souls of a couple of sacrificial concert goers, and our heroes UNLOAD a hailstorm of lead into their carcasses, dousing their remains with holy water and rock salt to finish them off.

The papers the next day read....

"The War on Good Music is OVER; Kinison and Hicks eliminate Bieber and Black. Ted Nugent unavailable for comment"

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-08 22:45:28 Reply

At 5/6/11 11:40 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
Which is why a BB or other 'shot' style round should be used.
Or go get one of these .
You may not be accurate, you just spray projectiles over a large area ~;)

I want that for Christmas!

At 5/8/11 07:50 PM, Proteas wrote: I had a vision this morning.

e papers the next day read....

"The War on Good Music is OVER; Kinison and Hicks eliminate Bieber and Black. Ted Nugent unavailable for comment"

If everyone would just listen to FUNK's music, we wouldn't have these issues.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-08 23:00:19 Reply

A Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I hope none of you have to put up with a Jewish mother.

Oi Harry, why haven't you called in 3 months? My back's been hurting and the sink is overflowing.....

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-08 23:13:59 Reply

At 5/8/11 11:00 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: A Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I hope none of you have to put up with a Jewish mother.

Oi Harry, why haven't you called in 3 months? My back's been hurting and the sink is overflowing.....

The elusive Asian Jewish Tribe?

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 1/4/2015] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-08 23:17:47 Reply

At 5/8/11 11:13 PM, Malachy wrote: The elusive Asian Jewish Tribe?

Partner's mother.

Though I have met an Asian Jew, yet he was not stingy. I think the two sides cancelled each other out.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-09 19:12:23 Reply

At 5/9/11 04:43 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I've never seen a guy wearing a matching outfit with his girl smile.

I have, and it was creepy as all hell. O_o;

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-09 19:39:12 Reply

At 5/9/11 07:12 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 5/9/11 04:43 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I've never seen a guy wearing a matching outfit with his girl smile.
I have, and it was creepy as all hell. O_o;

;;;
My girlfriend & I both bought the same shirt at the Ozzie show last year...we have a deal that if shes wearing hers...I won't wear mine.

My brother & his wife in South Korea have matching PJ's.

I'll never have that problem...I don't wear them.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-09 19:55:22 Reply

At 5/9/11 07:39 PM, morefngdbs wrote: My brother & his wife in South Korea have matching PJ's.

That's actually what it was; matching pj's. Our church deacon's nephew and his wife showed up to services one Sunday morning wearing matching pj's that SHE made for the both of them just to show off her mad sewing skillz. Purple and white diamond pattern. AND THE GUY WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Whipped.

I'll never have that problem...I don't wear them.

The one time where matching your partner isn't a fashion foe-paux. >:-D~

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-09 22:52:54 Reply

The only matching clothing I'd ever wear with a spouse would be a toga. To a toga party.

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-10 09:15:55 Reply

At 5/9/11 10:52 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: The only matching clothing I'd ever wear with a spouse would be a toga. To a toga party.

I like wearing matching birthday suits with girls.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-10 20:03:26 Reply

At 5/10/11 09:15 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 5/9/11 10:52 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: The only matching clothing I'd ever wear with a spouse would be a toga. To a toga party.
I like wearing matching birthday suits with girls.

Personally I'm not into the suits matching, but whatever makes you happy.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-10 21:04:38 Reply

At 5/10/11 08:03 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 5/10/11 09:15 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: I like wearing matching birthday suits with girls.
Personally I'm not into the suits matching, but whatever makes you happy.

;;;
You do realise 'birthday suit' means Nude !

I've been off the booze now since March 1/11
I've been thinking of not drinking as often , or possibly continuing the dry spell throughthe first part of the summer .

But a family memeber sent me a photo, from a temperance meeting, where the ladies had signs up about how they would withhold themselves from drinking men.
After seeing the photo, I've gone back to drinking right now !
I hope the medicine I'm presently taking doesn't react badly ...but I'm drinking a 4 fingers straight rye over 2 ice cubes, as I type this !
(I really needed it & no they aren't looking any better....I'm not sure there is enough alcohol in the Province to get those girls looking prettier !!!!!)
But I took the threat seriously & I now feel safer ~;)

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 00:53:21 Reply

Well at least nobody lost on that deal.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 20:55:54 Reply

At 5/11/11 12:53 AM, LazyDrunk wrote: Well at least nobody lost on that deal.

Even Freud would say, "Hell no."

BTW, how old of a rye?

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 20:56:37 Reply

At 5/11/11 12:53 AM, LazyDrunk wrote: Well at least nobody lost on that deal.

Amen. ;-D

There was a comedian on the Bob and Tom show a while back who was asked "if you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?" He responded by saying "The 1920's. Why? Well, at that time, girls who were homely looking, flat chested, and had short hair were the hottest girls around. Which means somewhere around that time, there was a BEAUTIFUL girl who was stacked and had long hair, but she had self-esteem issues. BINGO!!!"

-----

I finally got my Zombie Apocalypse gun completed, I just found my camera so I can post a picture of it. It's my Mossberg 500 shotgun with a few modifications. 18 1/2" security barrel, Pachmar Vindicator pistol-grip and forend, and a Viridian brand green-laser sight I found here locally for CHEAP. I wound up spending a little more than what a Mossberg Cruiser would be new, but it's a little more badass than anything you would get off the shelf, too.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 20:59:16 Reply

ACK!!! Forgot the picture.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 21:00:47 Reply

At 5/11/11 08:59 PM, Proteas wrote: ACK!!! Forgot the picture.

Nice. But seriously, laser sight? A GREEN laser sight?

You need a flashlight mounted foregrip.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 21:08:11 Reply

At 5/11/11 09:00 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Nice. But seriously, laser sight? A GREEN laser sight?

Yep, see attached picture.

I modeled this after my friend's (the dude I bought my swords off of who was ex-military and had the meth problem) Remington 870. Since he was a Class 3 weapons dealer, he got a hold of a police issue 870 with a 14 inch barrel, pistol grip, and a red laser sight on it. He had knives and other weapons scattered throughout his has "just in case," but this was the gun he reached for first for home defense.

His also had a full turkey-choke installed on it, and could put a shot-pattern about the size of a golf-ball at 30 yards I want to get THAT kind of mod.

You need a flashlight mounted foregrip.

I'm thinking about it.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 21:15:25 Reply

At 5/11/11 09:08 PM, Proteas wrote: His also had a full turkey-choke installed on it, and could put a shot-pattern about the size of a golf-ball at 30 yards I want to get THAT kind of mod.

That, my friend, is the definition of overkill.

I'm thinking about it.

It makes more sense on a shotgun than a laser.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 21:17:17 Reply

At 5/11/11 08:55 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: BTW, how old of a rye?

;;;;
Its something I never would have picked myself...but a female i know who works at the village liquor store told me about iot.
Forty Creek Barrel select.
It won distillor of the year 'Whiskey Magazine
& the rye got an 8.5.
Crown Royal Select Special reserve got a 7.75
Canadian Club Classic got a 7.75
Canadian Club Sherry cask got a 7.75
Crown Royal got a 7.5
Canadian Reserve got a 7.5

Those were the top 6.
It is really smooth, not sweet, brewed in small batches , run off in copper stills & aged in several different casks, whiteoak, & then finished in sherry barrels.

I was recently in Toronto Ontario & couldn't find it.
It's from a Canadian brewer.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 21:30:34 Reply

At 5/11/11 09:15 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: That, my friend, is the definition of overkill.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? >:-D~

It makes more sense on a shotgun than a laser.

I can't fire from the hip and be sure I'll hit anything with a flashlight, though.

It's not sighted in to a particular point down range, it's sighted in parallel to the barrel. With buckshot, the laser just gives me a general idea of where the shot will wind up.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-11 22:28:51 Reply

Classes are over. I just have to defend my thesis on Monday, and then I can graduate when I pass everything. Hopefully full-time employment will come soon. I already have one offer and a potential second one so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, there's the possibility I'll be moving to another state for a job, but my car insurance company has decided to screw around with me, so I may be calling for quotes soon just in case. Of course, I get to go through the whole insurance mess after the wedding when my fiance and I consolidate (along with name changes but that's separate).

Yeah, I want to change my last name. I have several reasons. One, it creates consistency and less confusion if we have kids. Two, it's a nice gesture, IMO. Three, my last name begins with a Z and I'm tired of being last for everything. Take school for instance. When the teacher divvied out school projects, the people before me got good ones, and by the time they got to the Ws, all the crap was left. It may seem silly but that sort of thing has always grated me.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-12 09:16:21 Reply

At 5/11/11 10:28 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Classes are over. I just have to defend my thesis on Monday,

;;;Congrats & good luck

Yeah, I want to change my last name.

;;;
i have a friend who took his wifes last name.
She was an only child & didn't want that branch of the family to end. So this way their kids have her family name...I thought it was a great fix to a problem that was important to her.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-12 11:05:04 Reply

Congrats rydia!

When I went to the town hall to fill out paperwork they basically let you do whatever you want with your name. You can both change it to whatever the fuck you want, even first and middle names.

My wife had a hell of a time when she took my name, though. First of all - all of your school records are still in your maiden name - and will stay as that if you graduate before getting hitched. When we moved to another state (which we did the day after getting married and again last summer) and she had to apply again for professional licenses in the new state and all her education paperwork from before we were married came in under her old name and it mucked the whole process up even though she said an all of the paperwork that she had maiden name stuff might come in under.

Second, all of your bills are either in your name or your husband's name. It's not totally imperative to try and consolidate everything as soon as you're married. For a year or two our TV bill came with both our first names and the wife's maiden name, all because we tried adding me onto the account and they didn't switch the last name! Also, if you have car loan or a title under your maiden name, try to get the name changed on those documents BEFORE moving to a new state. If you have a loan on the car, the loan company probably has your title and it's next to impossible to get it from them to change the plates to a new state if they have your old name on the document and the new state will be all confused when you bring in a title with your old name.

Lastly, you will in all likelihood lose your marriage certificate at least 2 or 3 times because most places want the original thing sent to them to verify when you tell them to change your name on important stuff (and even unimportant crap like connecting your internet). For a few extra dollars you may as well ask for a couple of original copies when they send it to you in the mail/when you pick it up after the ceremony. Some of those places will forget to send your certificate back or you will stuff it in the car to send in the mail and forget about it and it'll disappear. We have since found 3 different original copies of our marriage certificate in all sorts of places (long after we ever needed them!).

Most of our name problems were a result of getting married and moving to a new state almost immediately. If you have a few weeks after you get hitched before moving, then get all the major documents changed over to your new name and avoid the hassle of having to deal with two separate DMVs when you've got a drivers license with your maiden name and a new last name for everything else when you go to get a new license from your new state. Or, if you are getting married after you move, transfer all that important stuff over to the new state while you still use your maiden name.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 1/4/2015] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-12 18:56:29 Reply

The wedding's not until the end of September so we have time. By that point we'll be moved to wherever it is we'll end up. Where my fiance and I end up pends on some job offers.

I have one other additional consideration. If I copyright my thesis under my maiden name, what happens when I get married to the copyright, assuming I do copyright it?

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-12 19:04:56 Reply

At 5/11/11 09:30 PM, Proteas wrote: Are you saying that's a bad thing? >:-D~

Well, actually, yeah.

I can't fire from the hip and be sure I'll hit anything with a flashlight, though.

It's not sighted in to a particular point down range, it's sighted in parallel to the barrel. With buckshot, the laser just gives me a general idea of where the shot will wind up.

Practice, my friend, practice. As long as your foots lined up with the barrel that's where you'll shoot.

At 5/11/11 09:17 PM, morefngdbs wrote: I was recently in Toronto Ontario & couldn't find it.
It's from a Canadian brewer.

I see. How do you like rye in comparison to scotch?

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-13 18:25:34 Reply

At 5/12/11 07:04 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: I see. How do you like rye in comparison to scotch?

;;;
Unless its single malt I don't drink scotch.
I like my scotch over ice.
Depending on what I am or have eaten, usually decides what I'd like. For grilled meats, or wild game I like Laugavulin or Oban... if I'm having several out at a bar , or at a party I like a lighter scotch, like Dalwhinnie

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2011-05-14 03:18:23 Reply

My fiance has been looking at potential honeymoon spots for a couple days. Never mind we're gonna have to delay one for awhile but whatever. I see those Sandals resorts on TV and he's been looking at one but I dunno if they're any good or not.