New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-14 23:35:33 Reply

At 12/14/12 04:17 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Fuck me. Could this year be any worse?

Ugh, tell me about it. My daughter has been in the hospital this week, and it's put me on edge. Then this thing about the Kindergarten...hits several buttons close to home.

Maybe that's why I've been on the rag today on the BBS. I should stop drinking and go to bed.

Glad to hear your brother wasn't at work!

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 11:56:10 Reply

At 12/14/12 11:35 PM, TheMason wrote: Ugh, tell me about it. My daughter has been in the hospital this week, and it's put me on edge.

She doing OK?

Maybe that's why I've been on the rag today on the BBS. I should stop drinking and go to bed.

Seriously. I've been pretty cantankerous all year because of my treatment. People never realize how much effort being cordial is until you're placing that effort elsewhere like worrying or not dying.

Glad to hear your brother wasn't at work!

His store wasn't close to the shootings, but he might have been on break at the time.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 11:59:44 Reply

At 12/14/12 08:19 PM, Silverdust wrote: I will be spilling my rage onto my keyboard for the next few days, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

well keep it in one thread.

JOIN FREEMASONRYIJOIN RNCIJOIN THE NRA NOWI JOIN AIPAC
Getting banned for telling it how it is since 2006!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 13:17:30 Reply

PSA: had the Guns & Morals thread locked in favor of the already existing Gun Control thread.

that is all.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 17:51:06 Reply

2012 seems to be the Year of the Antibiotic for me. Long story short, I have an abscess inside my nose I'm taking them for. No idea how it got up there to begin with.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 18:20:05 Reply

We're trying to potty train my 3.5 year old. It's less potty training and more potty motivating. He's got all but one of the mechanics down (hasn't learned to point his penis down when taking a #2 and has peed on the wall numerous times), but he just doesn't want to do it...

He's probably just gets too focused on what he's doing to answer the phone when nature calls, just like his father was.

Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-15 20:09:33 Reply

At 12/15/12 01:17 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: PSA: had the Guns & Morals thread locked in favor of the already existing Gun Control thread.

that is all.

I didn't want to completely divert the discussion in the broad gun control thread which seems to be more about the legal issues. My thread was intended to be focused on the morality and values of our culture.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-16 00:18:37 Reply

My mom had different issues with me when I was getting potty trained. I would hold it all day until she put me in the bathtub. Then I'd pee in the bathtub, and she would have to clean it and start over. I wonder how she finally got me out of that habit, now that I think about it. I'll have to ask her.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-16 04:02:42 Reply

well, I now have no chocolate eating roaches in my place. problem is, roaches that don't like chocolate are still around. i gotta find something that all roaches like... but what?

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-16 09:22:37 Reply

At 12/16/12 12:18 AM, RydiaLockheart wrote: My mom had different issues with me when I was getting potty trained.

;;;
Men & Ladies, this is a true & rather horrifying story on how I derailled my youngest daughters potty training & set it back months !

My daughter was around 2 & a half we had been working on getting her to use a toilet, she had recently graduated from the training seat to the regular toilet seat ...with help .

I got up in the middle of the night to pee.
I left the seat up ! ! !
Little did I know what that mindless oversight would do to her & us .
After I had fallen back to sleep I was awakened by blood curdling screams of terror, my youngest child had woken & decided to go & use the toilet on her own. With only the night lite in the hallway, she attempted to sit on the toilet, but because there was no seat, she slipped butt first down into the toilet ... & the seat & lid fell down on her !
So When I arrived at the bathroom, I saw her little feet kicking with her head & arms , all of her that wasn't in the toilet ( she was literally bent from the waist so that her belly was on her thighs & her bum in the water in the toilet her head, arms & feet sticking up out of the half closed Seat & lid on her upper back! ! ! ! !)

She was 100% , Absolutely Convinced the Toilet Had Attempted to EAT HER !
Which she proceeded to tell anyone she met .

To make a long healing & toilet training story shorter, let us just say It took much longer with by having to go back to the potty chair, then the insert for small children on a toilet etc to get her trained & that to this day, I always put the seat down, even in Men's rooms . I can't even look at a toilet with the lid up, & not want to put the lid down ! She's gone on & is fine .... me I can still sometimes picture a terrified small girls face sticking up out of the toilet screaming in terror.

I believe it may have traumatised me more than her !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-16 09:55:38 Reply

At 12/14/12 04:17 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Fuck me. Could this year be any worse?

Well its all suppose to end on the 20th/21st so ...it could get worse .
OR
Maybe that's better ~:)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-16 21:04:45 Reply

The reaction to the antibiotic sent me to the emergency room. Hives are going away and throat is no longer swelling, but now I have to watch my leg to make sure I'm not developing a blood clot. The charley horse and inability to feel my foot, in conjunction with my other symptoms at 4 AM, was what convinced me to ask my husband to take me. Otherwise, I'd have just taken Benadryl and gone to bed. At least that was my first ER visit in 29 years of existence.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 00:05:46 Reply

At 12/16/12 09:04 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: At least that was my first ER visit in 29 years of existence.

Welcome to the club.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 08:39:31 Reply

At 12/16/12 09:04 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: The reaction to the antibiotic sent me to the emergency room.

;;;
Wow ! An antibiotic did that to you ! ! !

At least that was my first ER visit in 29 years of existence.

I've never actually heard if an emergency visit to the hosptal in the USA , costs you money ...or do you have to have health insurance to go in ?
Can you just go to any emergency room ( usually the closest) & they'll see you no tmatter what ?

PS , glad to hear you are on the mend ...

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 11:00:31 Reply

Well, Sandy Hook and all, but you move right along.

Debt crisis talks again this morning!

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 11:23:18 Reply

At 12/17/12 08:39 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Wow ! An antibiotic did that to you ! ! !

Antibiotics are a huge cause of allergic reactions. There is one anti-biotic that turns me red. Luckily that's all it does. The hospitals and clinics I go to avoid that one like the plague.

Also, my wife is allergic to one of the -cilins, or one of the -acins but I'm not sure which. However, they're very careful with all anitbiotics they give her as related antibiotics can trigger that same allergic reaction even if it is not the specific one she knowns she's allergic to.

I've never actually heard if an emergency visit to the hosptal in the USA , costs you money ...or do you have to have health insurance to go in ?
Can you just go to any emergency room ( usually the closest) & they'll see you no tmatter what ?

Yes, it's very expensive.

There is usually at least one hospital in every major city the recieves public funding to treat all who enter, regardless of insurance or payment. I'm still sure that most hospitals will take you once or twice if you're condition is bad. If you come in ith a mild headache once a month with no insurance the hospital, unless it's one of the hospitals with a duty to care for all, will likely turn you away.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 15:34:51 Reply

At 12/17/12 11:23 AM, Camarohusky wrote: If you come in ith a mild headache once a month with no insurance the hospital, unless it's one of the hospitals with a duty to care for all, will likely turn you away.

;;;
I believe that's one of the reasons for the triage system now in place up here.

Too many people would simply go to the nearest emergency room, because they had a cough or felt feverish ...things they could simply go to a walk in clinic or to see their own doctor for (remember up here, almost all the services provided are free)

So for the last 5 years or so, at least here in Nova Scotia as soon as you walk in, before you even register & produce your Provincial Health Card. You are seen by a triage nurse or an emergency medic.
They prioritize you from ... go have a seat to ...the ceiling & floor trap doors opening & medical personel are all over you, your moving on a gurney down the hall as fast as they can move you ! (that's what happened when I went in in June of this year & had a heart attack as I walked through the doors !)
When my zip wheel broke back the first week of October, a piece went into my hand, right beside my thumb, almost through to the other side & there were several small pieces in there along with 1 large piece about an inch by 3/4's of an inch ...the bleeding wasn't too bad when I arrived at Dartmouth General Emergency ,I wasolding pressure on it. I was into see a doctor in about 45 minutes ( it was quite busy) & out the door after having it cleaned & stitched up in less than 2 hours.
Cost $0.00

But there is no cost for any of that ... it isn't free, our much higher taxes pay for it. But it is a nice thing to have ....care waiting there ... anywhere you go to in Canada !

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 21:04:41 Reply

I have insurance, so odds are they'll send me a bill for a copay or anything else that isn't covered. One thing I can say is the hospital was nice enough to pay for our parking. I was poked and prodded to make sure I wasn't going into shock, and once they determined I wasn't, they figured I was free to go. They did also do some preliminary checks to make sure I didn't have a blood clot, and I wasn't showing signs, so that's good. However, if my leg continues to hurt the way it did, they did refer me to someone. We'll see.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-17 21:17:46 Reply

Just took my nephew to the comic book store he picked out a Avengers comic (one of the many teams) and a Green Lantern comic and he picked out a green lantern ring (blue one) he had his mouth on it until i showed him to open it and look at the pictures he's been looking at them for a while now.

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-18 01:46:40 Reply

At 12/17/12 11:23 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Yes, it's very expensive.

There is usually at least one hospital in every major city the recieves public funding to treat all who enter, regardless of insurance or payment. I'm still sure that most hospitals will take you once or twice if you're condition is bad. If you come in ith a mild headache once a month with no insurance the hospital, unless it's one of the hospitals with a duty to care for all, will likely turn you away.

Where I live all hospitals are required to give you sufficient treatment to stabilize your condition, but that is all that they are required to do. I'm not sure if that is something specific to my state's laws, but if I (for example) cut off a finger while slicing an apple, I could drive to any hospital with an emergency department and they would reattach the appendage with no up-front charge. However, I would receive a bill in the mail several weeks later for services rendered.

Also, the adequacy of care you receive may be questionable if you have no insurance. Services may be slower and the end-result may be less than sufficient to ultimately resolve your condition if you aren't missing part of your anatomy or in immediate danger of death without life-sustaining treatment.

Also interesting to note, if your condition is severe enough, you can be hospitalized even without insurance. I haven't had medical insurance since I turned 21, but when I checked myself into the hospital earlier this year (at age 24) insurance was the last question they asked me, and the least important. At the time I was a danger to myself and to others, so they were more concerned with treating me than they were with getting paid. I did receive a bill for 5 grand in the mail afterwards, though.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-18 12:51:15 Reply

At 12/18/12 01:46 AM, theburningliberal wrote: Where I live all hospitals are required to give you sufficient treatment to stabilize your condition, but that is all that they are required to do.

That's the Federal law. However, most cities and regions have dictated one hospital to care for all who come rgardless of insurance. Many other hospitals choose to do so themselves. Medicare also conditions its funds on a certain amount of indigent hospital care.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-18 14:34:57 Reply

At 12/18/12 12:51 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/18/12 01:46 AM, theburningliberal wrote: Where I live all hospitals are required to give you sufficient treatment to stabilize your condition, but that is all that they are required to do.
That's the Federal law. However, most cities and regions have dictated one hospital to care for all who come rgardless of insurance. Many other hospitals choose to do so themselves. Medicare also conditions its funds on a certain amount of indigent hospital care.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter which hospital you go to in my area or whether or not you have insurance. You will still be seen and still be treated. My ex-wife actually had a full batch of prescriptions paid for by one hospital as a result of lack of insurance (what she had she could've died from without the pills). I personally have been treated for a variety of things ranging from lacerations to diverticulitis (condition similar to appendicitis, but involving abnormal growths on the colon) without insurance at a variety of hospitals in the area.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-18 15:09:13 Reply

@Camaro

Also, I just realized that I miscalculated my GPA. I didn't realize they weighted classes based on credit hours, so my total GPA is actually a 3.7 instead of a 3.6

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-19 22:34:47 Reply

At 12/18/12 03:09 PM, theburningliberal wrote: @Camaro

Also, I just realized that I miscalculated my GPA. I didn't realize they weighted classes based on credit hours, so my total GPA is actually a 3.7 instead of a 3.6

Realized that this actually belongs in another thread... But on the topic of school, my business law professor went through and re-graded our tests (all of which were administered via our school's online course management software)... I ended up picking up almost 20 points on the tests when he regraded them, leaving me with 6 A's and a B on my business law tests, lol... and a 3.692 total GPA for the semester :)

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-19 23:23:51 Reply

As Emperor of this Lounge and Founding Father, I declare everyone sucks. Except Poxxy.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-19 23:31:15 Reply

At 12/19/12 11:23 PM, JMHX wrote: As Emperor of this Lounge and Founding Father, I declare everyone sucks. Except Poxxy.

Well, merry christmas to you, too.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-19 23:35:27 Reply

At 12/19/12 11:31 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 12/19/12 11:23 PM, JMHX wrote: As Emperor of this Lounge and Founding Father, I declare everyone sucks. Except Poxxy.
Well, merry christmas to you, too.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-20 13:29:37 Reply

At 12/19/12 11:35 PM, JMHX wrote: CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE.

Relax Napoleoon. Yelling won't make you any taller.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-20 14:29:12 Reply

At 12/20/12 01:29 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/19/12 11:35 PM, JMHX wrote: CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE.
Relax Napoleoon. Yelling won't make you any taller.

;;;
Or Smarter

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-12-20 17:34:12 Reply

At 12/20/12 02:29 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Or Smarter

Napoleon was actually pretty dang smart.