New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 17:01:58 Reply

At 8/16/12 11:41 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Sorry to hear about everyone's bad news. I have had some good news to hopefully brighten the mood. A kidney match has been found for me. Now we're just waiting for my brother to get off his ass and get tested, then hopefully I can have the surgery before Thanksgiving.

I'm glad to hear it. My daughter several years back was going into kidney failure due to Lupus. I got flown from Korea on emergency leave to donate mine if need be. Luckily that ended up not being necessary. :)

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 17:06:54 Reply

At 8/31/12 03:24 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 8/31/12 02:34 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they have ducks in Guatemala?
Apparently they do. Did not knwo this before.

and if so how would you get a Automatic shotgun restricted to the US military ( or if your a civilian and do a mountain of paperwork) get it there for said ducks?
I just picked the first Banana Republic I could think of. Those places are notorious for being able to find military grade guns easily.

Well if you can't get an AA-12, you can always get a Saiga. They come in a more traditional shotgun style and AK style. I've seen 100-rd drum mags for them too.

I think I need one for the turkeys in my back yard. :)

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 17:26:45 Reply

At 8/31/12 05:01 PM, TheMason wrote: I'm glad to hear it. My daughter several years back was going into kidney failure due to Lupus. I got flown from Korea on emergency leave to donate mine if need be. Luckily that ended up not being necessary. :)

Was her failure acute (short term) or chronic (permanent)?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 17:28:59 Reply

At 8/31/12 05:06 PM, TheMason wrote: I think I need one for the turkeys in my back yard. :)

I think it would be more fun to hunt turkeys using hand weapons, like a spear, a blade, or an unenhanced bow. Then again, I have heard turkeys can be quite vicious.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 20:06:34 Reply

My dad uses his .52 BMG to shoot woodchucks. No, there's not much left afterwards.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 22:30:58 Reply

At 8/31/12 05:28 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I think it would be more fun to hunt turkeys using hand weapons, like a spear, a blade, or an unenhanced bow. Then again, I have heard turkeys can be quite vicious.

they're evil. your doing nature a favor shooting them.

JOIN FREEMASONRYIJOIN RNCIJOIN THE NRA NOWI JOIN AIPAC
Getting banned for telling it how it is since 2006!

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 22:49:00 Reply

At 8/31/12 08:06 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: My dad uses his .52 BMG to shoot woodchucks. No, there's not much left afterwards.

I picture the little woodchucks exploding like a waterballoon.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 22:51:54 Reply

At 8/31/12 10:41 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Did this guy beat up a baby or something? Getting Ebola as karma for stealing a phone seems like just a wee bit of overkill, no?

he stole it from an ebola patient. he had it coming.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 22:53:25 Reply

At 8/31/12 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I picture the little woodchucks exploding like a waterballoon.

nah its more like instant Disappearing. nothing left but feet...

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 23:02:20 Reply

At 8/31/12 10:30 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 8/31/12 05:28 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I think it would be more fun to hunt turkeys using hand weapons, like a spear, a blade, or an unenhanced bow. Then again, I have heard turkeys can be quite vicious.
they're evil. your doing nature a favor shooting them.

But they're tasty.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-08-31 23:10:18 Reply

At 8/31/12 11:02 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: But they're tasty.

shoot em and eat em your doing your tummy and nature a favor.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-01 11:20:10 Reply

At 8/31/12 05:26 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 8/31/12 05:01 PM, TheMason wrote: I'm glad to hear it. My daughter several years back was going into kidney failure due to Lupus. I got flown from Korea on emergency leave to donate mine if need be. Luckily that ended up not being necessary. :)
Was her failure acute (short term) or chronic (permanent)?

It was borderline between stage 2 and stage 3. So it was acute but teetering on the edge (as I understand it) of being chronic. As it stands it is something we watch regularly.

Now do you have issues with heat stress (don't mean to be personal)? She was in Florida w/her church group working on habit for humanity...and had a heat issue and came home and was very intolerant of the heat.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-01 13:12:53 Reply

At 9/1/12 11:20 AM, TheMason wrote: Now do you have issues with heat stress (don't mean to be personal)? She was in Florida w/her church group working on habit for humanity...and had a heat issue and came home and was very intolerant of the heat.

Aboslutely. However, I don't know if it's tied to the kidney failure or to the specific treatment I am on.

My kidneys have been slowly failing for longer than 6 years. When they discovered it 6 years ago I had already permanently lost 50% of my total function. Last summer I was probably around 20% function (10% is the approximate level deemed to be failure) and I was just fine in the heat. This summer I am on peritoneal dialysis which dializes my blood through osmosis in the peritoneum. It allows me to eat more variety as it drains off enough potassium, but with that it drains off my fluid like crazy. Ever since the temp reached 80 here in July I have been feeling bad. I had to spend a couple days at my parents' house to use their air conditioning.

One of the things I am looking forward to post transplant is being able to enjoy the hot sunny days like I used to, instead of getting nauseus. That and swimming. (Actually allowed to swim, but don't want to with this tube coming out of my belly...)

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-01 13:27:09 Reply

At 8/31/12 11:02 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: But they're tasty.

I agree
especially the free range ones that I buy from a couple of kliks up the road frommy house.
No artificial steroids & growth hormon
No mass fed 'drugs' to keep them healthy in mass production factories.
No "injected Butter " (like any of those processing plants would actually use butter as opposed to an edible oil product -cringe-)

WHite meat so juicy, you'd swear it grew under water !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-01 16:35:12 Reply

anyone here know where I can get some plutonium?

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-02 10:08:40 Reply

At 9/1/12 04:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: anyone here know where I can get some plutonium?

If cheesys scifi '80s movies are to be believed (*cough*Back to the Future*cough*)...Lybians.

Also...when I hunt Turkey I like to do it wearing nothing but a kilt and weilding a precision flathead screwdriver.

But I am now off of active duty Air Guard (lost my position due to cuts), so I'm back in school to teach High School. So I'm hunting this year to stock the deep freeze and save food money. :) So I may use a gun instead of my macho screwdrivers and buck knife to stalk deer and turkey!

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-02 13:49:51 Reply

At 9/1/12 04:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: anyone here know where I can get some plutonium?

;;;
Supposedly Iran is producing it now.
Not really sure if they are selling it.
BUT
I've seen in several different publications (like the BBC, Al Jazeera English, Reuters) that America has put a boycott on trade with Iran, so you probably can't order any.
Should be easy enough to check out...after all you've got like 500 different police/government agencies keeping you 'safe' in your country....who could tell you for sure

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-02 21:24:13 Reply

At 9/2/12 10:08 AM, TheMason wrote:
If cheesys scifi '80s movies are to be believed (*cough*Back to the Future*cough*)...Lybians.

well I should look into that because I just got my Delorean! now I just have to put it in the Flux Capacitor calibrate it get to 55 MPH and I should be in 1985!

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-03 00:18:17 Reply

At 9/2/12 09:24 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: well I should look into that because I just got my Delorean! now I just have to put it in the Flux Capacitor calibrate it get to 55 MPH and I should be in 1985!

Of course, you could always avoid the VW loaded with AK wielding Libyans, and just time your speed with a lightningbolt of power at or exceed 1.21 Jiggawatts. (I know it's "giga" but I prefer to mispell it to match his mispronunciation.)

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-03 01:09:00 Reply

At 9/3/12 12:18 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Of course, you could always avoid the VW loaded with AK wielding Libyans, and just time your speed with a lightningbolt of power at or exceed 1.21 Jiggawatts. (I know it's "giga" but I prefer to mispell it to match his mispronunciation.)

but I has the bullet proof suit, and lightning is unstable unlike the power of plutonium!

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-04 14:21:14 Reply

ugh. i got off from a 10 hour shift yesterday morning at 7:30 am, was told I was needed back at 2pm. after washing my uniforms and tossing them in the dryer, i hit the bed, got 4 hours of sleep before getting up getting rdy and going back for another 17 hours of work.

after i get home i realize i have insomnia.

son of a bitch!

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-04 14:39:28 Reply

I GOT SOMETHING REALLY PARTISAN AND IDEALOGICAL TO SAY ABOUT POLITICS

jk i dont

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-04 15:14:33 Reply

At 9/4/12 02:21 PM, Korriken wrote: ugh. i got off from a 10 hour shift yesterday morning at 7:30 am,

I hate those short turn arounds. At one of my old jobs every once in a while one of us would get unlucky and have a terrible turn around. Once a month we had store cleaning until 2am. If you were unlucky you would get the 6am opening shift the next day. The store manager tried to avoid this, but it didn't always work out, and boy did the time I got stuck with this sucked... On top of the short turn around, when you had to do the 2am cleaning watch, you still had to show up at the original 1pm time.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-04 15:27:02 Reply

At 9/4/12 02:21 PM, Korriken wrote: ugh. i got off from a 10 hour shift yesterday morning at 7:30 am, was told I was needed back at 2pm.

man that sucks. I hate when they do shit like that to me. I usually just go home take a shower go back to work and set a clock on my phone and sleep in my car in the parking lot.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-04 18:18:51 Reply

At 9/4/12 02:21 PM, Korriken wrote: ugh. i got off from a 10 hour shift yesterday morning at 7:30 am, was told I was needed back at 2pm. after washing my uniforms and tossing them in the dryer, i hit the bed, got 4 hours of sleep before getting up getting rdy and going back for another 17 hours of work.

after i get home i realize i have insomnia.

son of a bitch!

*ugh* My last unit was like that, and it happened a couple of times when I was on active duty. And it was worse those days my insomnia kicked in.

But now my position got cut and I'm on terminal leave until 1 October and then it's living off of student loans and the GI Bill! Yay!

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-05 16:43:08 Reply

My first day of substitutite teaching begins tomorrow. PE of all things! I wonder if it's like it was 20 years ago when I was in High School...

Go Warhawk Class of 1993! Woo!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-06 23:43:10 Reply

At 9/5/12 04:43 PM, TheMason wrote: My first day of substitutite teaching begins tomorrow. PE of all things! I wonder if it's like it was 20 years ago when I was in High School...

I remember P.E. class with substitutes being awesome. You always got to play dodgeball on those days. Hope you did something cool like that.

Sig by Capcom - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-07 08:41:09 Reply

At 9/6/12 11:43 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 9/5/12 04:43 PM, TheMason wrote: My first day of substitutite teaching begins tomorrow. PE of all things! I wonder if it's like it was 20 years ago when I was in High School...
I remember P.E. class with substitutes being awesome. You always got to play dodgeball on those days. Hope you did something cool like that.

For the most part I let them vote and do what they want. It's a small school and for three of the classes I had 4, 6 and 11 students. Only in two did I have any number of students. For the 8th graders I had them play 'long base' per the coach's instructions. Looked like mass chaos or Calvinball (for Calvin & Hobbes fans).

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-08 17:05:58 Reply

I was bored today so I began to delve into the possibility of buying a tablet. Upon thinking about it for a few hours, I decided that ipads were oversized iphones that can't make phone calls and android tablets are oversized android phones that can't make phone calls, neither being worthy of my time or money.

then my mind began to wander even more and I ended up on Quibids.com out of curiosity on how the site works. what I read blew my mind.

people are actually stupid enough to sit there and spend 60 cents per bid for a chance to buy something. I looked over a few bids to see how crazy this sites profits can be.

$50 chili's gift card $3.44 bidding starts at $0.00 and bids go up 1 penny each. 344 bids on it. 344 x $0.60 = $206.40 + $3.44 for the card

holy shit.

a fool and his money are soon parted. everyone who didn't win lost 60 cents every time they hit the bid button and have nothing to show for it.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-09-08 18:16:57 Reply

At 9/8/12 05:05 PM, Korriken wrote: a fool and his money are soon parted. everyone who didn't win lost 60 cents every time they hit the bid button and have nothing to show for it.

If you go after a lot of items and only aim for the big ticket items, you can still bid a fair number of times and have a high likelihood of making out ahead. Takes a bit of luck and dedication to the style of bidding.

If you were running a store or something and sold these items for market price, you could easily make profit using these bidding sites.

However, you're right, if you'r just looking for one purchase, the potential loss from bidding does not make up for the small chance of getting the item.