New Topic Respond to this Topic
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 11:07 PM Reply

I'll admit to being a bit weird or slightly off-kilter at times, but I wouldn't quit my job without another one lined up for me to go into. Unless I won the lottery, then I'd tell them where to all get off and they'd never see me again. I'd be forever known as "that fat guy who ran out of here like an olympic speed runner being shot at after winning the powerball."

*cough*

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BBS Signature
Der-Lowe
Der-Lowe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 12:26 PM Reply

A sad day for Argentina, former President of the Republic (2003-2007) and President of UNASUR passed away today, at the age of 60, of a heart attack.
Brasil and Venezuela have decreed 3 days of mourning, and presidents of the region are expected to fly here for the ceremony.

The outstanding faults of the economic society in which we live are its failure to provide for full employment and its arbitrary and inequitable distribution of wealth -- JMK

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 12:04 PM Reply

Whoever designed the 2003 Mustang is a fucking moron, whose bright idea was it to not have it start beeping to say; "Hey idiot, your lights are still on." I've done it several times already.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 01:28 PM Reply

Batten the hatches, the horsemen are coming!

My mother just found Facebook.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 12:26 PM, Der-Lowe wrote: A sad day for Argentina, former President of the Republic (2003-2007)

What !
Another DEAD Politician YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY !

I mean I can't say it any better than "Another one bites the dust "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXd EE&ob=av2e

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Der-Lowe
Der-Lowe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 10/28/10 01:38 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 10/27/10 12:26 PM, Der-Lowe wrote: A sad day for Argentina, former President of the Republic (2003-2007)
What !

not funny

The outstanding faults of the economic society in which we live are its failure to provide for full employment and its arbitrary and inequitable distribution of wealth -- JMK

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 10/28/10 02:30 PM, Der-Lowe wrote:
At 10/28/10 01:38 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
What !
not funny

Der Lowe...I am sorry if i hurt your feelings. for that I will appologise.

I won't appologise for my feelings about government people who are dead.
I hate the bastards in life & I'm not going to be a hypocrit & pretend I care now when one or more of them are dead.
THere are several others I hate as much as political theives & that the banking thieves, & the Leaders of religious groups,. All of them IMO deserve to be put in the deepest hottest parts of hell & get the added indignity of having the imps & devils & everyone else shit (literally) on them all day.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 06:29 PM Reply

Someone detonated three bombs at my high school today and started a bunch of fires. The SWAT team stormed the place.

What's happening at YOUR alma mater?

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 28th, 2010 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 10/28/10 06:29 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:

I'm going to give my first serious seminar tomorrow.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 29th, 2010 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 10/28/10 06:41 PM, RubberTrucky wrote:
At 10/28/10 06:29 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
I'm going to give my first serious seminar tomorrow.

Dude! Don't keep us in suspence. How'd it go? What was it about? Did you remember to wear pants?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 29th, 2010 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 10/28/10 06:29 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Someone detonated three bombs at my high school today and started a bunch of fires. The SWAT team stormed the place.

Don't have one... I was homeschooled. I hope everyone's doing all right at yours, though. :-\

My brother is getting married tomorrow. I'm one of the groomsmen, and it's going to be interesting.

Color theme; Black, Blue, and Purple ala Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride." Everyone will wear black with blue or purple adornments.
Musical Selection;
Bridesmaids theme will be Wicked Pussycat by Danzig.
The Bridal march will be Rob Zombie's cover of Brick House
When the couple kiss and are presented, Stone Sour's Say You'll Haunt Me will play right around the the 1:10 mark.
And while the ceremony itself is going on, Apocalyptica's cover of Nothing Else Matters will be playing softly in the background.

Since he was raised Christian and he's marrying a practicing Wiccan, the ceremony itself is going to be a strange combination of Christian and Wiccan beliefs and rituals, there will be a Gaelic binding of hands, then they will jump over a broom.

I just got back from rehearsals. The bestman looked at me at one point and asked "what have we gotten ourselves into, man?" I just looked right back and said "I have no earthly idea."

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 29th, 2010 @ 09:56 PM Reply

A friend of mine is getting married on Halloween and the wife is a bridesmaid. Your brother's ceremony sounds a little bit like the ceremony my wife said the friend is having.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 07:27 AM Reply

I wonder if it is a failing of geekitude that I am more jazzed about TRON Legacy because Daft Punk is doing the soundtrack than because it's fucking TRON. Mind you, both make me squee like a little girl, but methinks my music geek is overtaking my 80s/sci-fi geek.

also Olivia Wilde in skintight bodysuits = yum.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 11:12 AM Reply

WOW Rydia !
In Canada , or at least around here we have graduating class of...as opposed to the alma thing.
anyway, your obviously ok...were you there ?
Why did it happen ?
3 explosions ...that's crazy .

SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 01:55 PM Reply

ha! i'm a scared, little white pumpkin.

yaya halloweens

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 04:19 PM Reply

Just a thought. Is there any chance all these people are getting married on Halloween in hopes of being brutally murded and brought back as the Crow?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 10/30/10 04:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: Just a thought. Is there any chance all these people are getting married on Halloween in hopes of being brutally murded and brought back as the Crow?

*shrug*

Originally it was going to be on the 16th, but they couldn't book the park recreational area we were at because the whole month of October was booked. Then somebody called back a little while later and told them they had an opening on the 30th, so they took it. They just got back from their honeymoon earlier this week, then had their wedding today.

And it was... interesting.

It was pretty much everything I had described earlier, plus the photographer who worked the whole thing is a fetish model. She and the maid of honor both jumped and proceeded to dry hump me at the end of the evening, and there are photographs of her (the photographer/fetish model) licking the side of my face somewhere out there in the ether. I may never wash the right side of my face AGAIN.

If anybody has any Rolaids, they would be greatly appreciated. Highlights of the buffet included; hot-wings, macaroni and cheese, chicken fajitas, and a lamb-and-cheese-wrapped-in-grape-leaves thing, in addition to cake and usual sides.

For my troubles, I was given a "Security Edition" of the U.S. Constitution signed by Penn & Teller, and a grow-your-own-girlfriend gag gift.

BBS Signature
zephiran
zephiran
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 09:54 PM Reply

At 10/30/10 04:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: ... In hopes of being brutally murded and brought back as the Crow?

I'd hit it.

D

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.
I was gonna clean my room.
But then I got pie.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 10/30/10 11:12 AM, morefngdbs wrote: WOW Rydia !
In Canada , or at least around here we have graduating class of...as opposed to the alma thing.
anyway, your obviously ok...were you there ?
Why did it happen ?
3 explosions ...that's crazy .

Mom and I were passing by the place since we were cutting down the road to get to where we were going. The emergency crews were all over and there was smoke pouring out of the place so we called Dad at home and had him turn on the police scanner. Not only did the kid set the bombs, he was running around setting fires, so the firefighters called the cops. They couldn't track him down so they called SWAT, who got the kid. No motive but it sounds like a disgruntled student. At 17 he'll probably be charged as an adult. Five felonies and one misdemeanor.

Oh, and that high school class at that same school when I graduated? 500. I waited for four hours for them to call my name since my last name begins with a Z.

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 06:57 PM Reply

Happy Halloween people.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 10:04 PM Reply

Totally

TOTALLY

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I guess I don't qualify as a regular anymore, but it's nice to see the thread is still going strong. :D

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 07:33 PM Reply

The Labyrinth is dead.

Long live the Labyrinth.

also, fuck that couch.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 07:33 PM, Ravariel wrote: The Labyrinth is dead.

Long live the Labyrinth.

also, fuck that couch.

lol.

yeah i think if you look around page 1600 or somewhere in this thread you will find i was once a regular on NG... this was years ago, I am surprised I was able to recall my account information to be honest.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:53 AM Reply

Hmmm... to spend $40.00 or more on tix for a show that's an hour and a half away on a weekday evening at the end of november when there'll be lovely (/sarcasm) weather or not to buy those tix. Mind, I've seen these guys in concert before and I love their shows... might be the last chance for a few years that they're in the states, too.

Sigh... being responsible sucks. Were I still young, dumb and full of whatchamacallits, it wouldn't even be a decision.

I think I remember you, lib... though I may have still been mainly a lurker by the time you left, I do recognize the handle. I guess a hearty "welcome back!" is in order. :P

And since y'all were wondering, the Labyrinth is a buddy of mine's comic book shop that I've helped build and worked at for the last four years. He just had twins and is headed to medical school so he let the lease expire and we moved all of the shit in there this weekend... including a hunormous leather couch that looks entirely too large in our tiny apartment. We called the place the Labyrinth because it was below ground and down a series of stairs and corners... needless to say that couch was a fucking nightmare to get out.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 PM Reply

Well at least that makes one, lol.

I see Proteas is still active on here, as he was when I left.

Haven't seen anything from Shrike, JMHX or a couple others, though. I'll hafta keep an eye out for them.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

Shrike poked his head in now and again... haven't seen JMHX in ages...

Anyway I have apparently completely lost the ability to upload attachments to email. I have switched browsers, email clients, rebooted my computer, cycled my router and modem and nothing has worked. I am officially baffled... especially because I was able to upload a couple times... then poof, didn't work.

...the hell?

lapis
lapis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 06:21 PM, Ravariel wrote: haven't seen JMHX in ages...

He was active about a month ago, I think he made several threads during his short rouse. I remember posting in at least one of them.

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:46 PM Reply

der lowe cheer up
guessing you've already seen it but if not, enjoy

BBS Signature
BeFell
BeFell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:24 AM Reply

It's called a bitch slapping hippies! You should probably pull down your pants, bend over and get ready for 2012. =P

BBS Signature