New Topic Respond to this Topic
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 17:40:59 Reply

At 4/26/12 07:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I bet scammers hate people like me. :
Basically, I put my name in a drawing for a vacation and got a call earlier. The lady said she'd call later and I told her next Tuesday.

;;;
Hi RydiaLockHeart, how's married life going ?

THe vacation spammers are notorious to those of us in northern climes...I'd have to live for a couple hundred years to be able to go on all the free cruises & vacations out of Florida I've won in the last 10/15 years !
Caveat Emptor should always be in the fore front of your thoughts when dealing with anything that's "FREE"

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 19:43:38 Reply

At 4/27/12 05:40 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Hi RydiaLockHeart, how's married life going ?

Well, we haven't killed each other yet so I guess that's good.

THe vacation spammers are notorious to those of us in northern climes...I'd have to live for a couple hundred years to be able to go on all the free cruises & vacations out of Florida I've won in the last 10/15 years !
Caveat Emptor should always be in the fore front of your thoughts when dealing with anything that's "FREE"

The con put a message on its Facebook page since apparently they've gotten a lot of messages about those folks. The whole con seemed to be downhill this year too. Stan Lee showed up, so I think they blew the budget on him and raised the prices so a lot of other folks didn't come. (Boston having their con the same weekend certainly didn't help matters either.) But since a lot of the booths would have sat empty otherwise, you had a lot of folks who had no business being there, and it didn't help that a lot of them wouldn't take no for an answer.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 20:51:31 Reply

I've never gone to a convention. They seem like a 1980s sort of geek thing that I never experienced because I grew up in the boondocks. Then again, I did try to out-nerd some hippies who were wading in a fountain in Philly during the last mod meetup in 2008. We all said we were from the internet. They asked us if we LARPed.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 21:47:21 Reply

tired as hell. I found a good church to go to and my preacher asked me to help him fix up a house.. I was not prepared. apparently the people who were living there were beyond what even a southerner like myself would considered "trashy living" there was god shit everywhere. EVERYWHERE in EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE.

ahh well at least i got paid for it. on top of that I got some extra work to do sometimes when he needs a hand with something.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 22:22:18 Reply

At 4/27/12 09:47 PM, Korriken wrote: tired as hell. I found a good church to go to and my preacher asked me to help him fix up a house.. I was not prepared. apparently the people who were living there were beyond what even a southerner like myself would considered "trashy living" there was god shit everywhere. EVERYWHERE in EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE.

Which god was shitting there, and what did it smell like?

It had to be asked.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-27 23:53:16 Reply

At 4/27/12 10:22 PM, djack wrote: Which god was shitting there, and what did it smell like?

It had to be asked.

this one...

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-28 00:37:55 Reply

I was toying with the idea of trying to figure out what style of music I want for my cartoon. what the hell style should a semi post apocalyptic fantasy world use? *shrug* what kind of music would play as an elf walks past the ruins of New York City?

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-28 01:15:26 Reply

At 4/28/12 12:37 AM, Korriken wrote: I was toying with the idea of trying to figure out what style of music I want for my cartoon. what the hell style should a semi post apocalyptic fantasy world use? *shrug* what kind of music would play as an elf walks past the ruins of New York City?

This? :P

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-28 13:05:35 Reply

And here my husband keeps insisting we should move to Yellowknife. Considering I moved OUT of the lake effect snowbelt, the answer is no.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-29 11:56:28 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:53 PM, Korriken wrote: this one...

;;;;
GOD --- DOG

coincidence... I don't think so !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-29 12:07:37 Reply

At 4/27/12 07:43 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Well, we haven't killed each other yet so I guess that's good.

;;;
Under the laws in this country, that is a good thing ~;)

I ,like Malachy, also have never went to a Con, although I did hear of a few in Halifax, Nova Scotia's capital (& really ,its only city) I never attended, although as a coin collector, I've been to a bunch of those in several Provinces, the weekend auctions, & dealer tables/booths. Where you also see people selling vacations, newspaper/magazine subscriptions, T-shirts & not just about numismatics.

These days it seems anywhere there is a crowd, the attempt to get your money into their pocket, trumps the theme of the event you've actually come to see & what is your area of interest !

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-30 23:21:45 Reply

So I still don't think I count as a regular, but considering I have posts in this thread dating back to 2005...

Just wanted to say its nice to see some kind of continuity on NG. Pox and avie have been trolling these forums as mods since I was here then, so yeah... nice job, guys.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-30 23:33:34 Reply

Weirdly enough, I've never been to a convention. A couple of my friends on facebook were talking about going to MTAC, and I didn't find out until it showed up on the news on the day OF the convention, that there was an anime convention actually taking place in Nashville (MTAC = Middle Tennessee Anime Convention). I would have traded my left leg to have gone, just to hang out and see all the cosplayers.

One of these friends went as Organic Angel Alexiel....

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-04-30 23:39:24 Reply

At 4/30/12 11:33 PM, Proteas wrote: One of these friends went as Organic Angel Alexiel....

I'd do her.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-01 23:11:56 Reply

At 4/30/12 11:39 PM, theburningliberal wrote: I'd do her.

In your dreams.

Anybody see any good movies lately?

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-01 23:48:34 Reply

At 5/1/12 11:11 PM, Proteas wrote:
In your dreams.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Good way to get laid on a nightly basis...

Not very recent, but Act of Valor was awesome in IMAX.

Looking forward to seeing Avengers, Batman, and Battleship (yeah, I know it looks totally stupid, but hearing those guns go off in cranked up Dolby Surround will be awesome)

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-01 23:49:31 Reply

In your dreams.

Only if you're a fan of Japanese horror. Otherwise this year seems to be crap, crap based on books, crap based on comic books, and 3D remakes of old movies (and one more half assed Silent Hill movie). The Avengers, coming out later this week, might be good but at best it's going to be on par with Iron Man (more likely it's going to wind up somewhere closer to Hulk than Iron Man). If you're in a serious relationship you can settle for some crappy romances like The Lucky One or any of the half dozen versions of Snow White coming out this year but that's about the only reason I'd suggest going to a theater anytime this year.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-02 01:08:11 Reply

In your dreams.

Yeah, probably. But we all need goals to shoot for.

What's a movie? Been too busy working to know what that concept is.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-03 01:12:03 Reply

I can find humor in most anything, apparently so can the manager of a local grocery store.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-03 07:42:33 Reply

At 5/1/12 11:49 PM, djack wrote: Only if you're a fan of Japanese horror. Otherwise this year seems to be crap, crap

;;;
I really enjoyed the movie Chicken Run.
Aardman has just released 'Pirates ,Band of Misfits', another stop claymation film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPJF6mR6krM
I love a laugh & I like Pirate movies ~:)

In Dec, isn't the Hobbit being released ?

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-03 08:37:55 Reply

At 5/3/12 07:42 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 5/1/12 11:49 PM, djack wrote: Only if you're a fan of Japanese horror. Otherwise this year seems to be crap, crap
;;;
I really enjoyed the movie Chicken Run.
Aardman has just released 'Pirates ,Band of Misfits', another stop claymation film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPJF6mR6krM
I love a laugh & I like Pirate movies ~:)

According to imbd Chicken Run is from 2000 and Pirates only has a score of 7.1 (for reference Star Wars episode II got a 6.7 and III got a 7.7).

In Dec, isn't the Hobbit being released ?

Yes, 7 months from now a movie based on a book is being released that a lot of people are looking forward to. It's also a 2 part movie just like the final Harry Potter movie. Thus the classification of "crap based on books". Until it's out I'll have no idea how well they used the source material and how they deviated from the book's story.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-03 23:21:24 Reply

At 5/3/12 08:37 AM, djack wrote: According to imbd Chicken Run is from 2000 and Pirates only has a score of 7.1 (for reference Star Wars episode II got a 6.7 and III got a 7.7).
Yes, 7 months from now a movie based on a book is being released that a lot of people are looking forward to. It's also a 2 part movie just like the final Harry Potter movie. Thus the classification of "crap based on books". Until it's out I'll have no idea how well they used the source material and how they deviated from the book's story.

So, you only want to see movies that score extremely high (in other people's opinion), that are not based on any previous material? I guess movies just aren't for you, then. 'S too bad, because if I'd listened to reviews and scores, I would never have watched many movies I consider to be some of my favorites (same for movies based on other material).

On a completely different note: Holy shit, Junior Seau! :(

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-04 06:02:22 Reply

At 5/1/12 11:11 PM, Proteas wrote: Anybody see any good movies lately?

Midnight showing of The Avengers.

Best Marvel movie, hands down.

So much ass kicked, the triage will take days.

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-04 08:34:05 Reply

At 5/3/12 11:21 PM, Ravariel wrote:
At 5/3/12 08:37 AM, djack wrote: According to imbd Chicken Run is from 2000 and Pirates only has a score of 7.1 (for reference Star Wars episode II got a 6.7 and III got a 7.7).
So, you only want to see movies that score extremely high (in other people's opinion), that are not based on any previous material? I guess movies just aren't for you, then. 'S too bad, because if I'd listened to reviews and scores, I would never have watched many movies I consider to be some of my favorites (same for movies based on other material).

On a completely different note: Holy shit, Junior Seau! :(

I generally know a lot about the source material by the time a movie comes out. Despite never reading a comic book in my life I still know enough about them to find most comic book based movies infuriatingly fucked up. Despite their popularity I despised the recent Batman movies for various reasons, most importantly that the actors weren't able to properly portray the characters they were supposed to be. The Harry Potter movies gradually abandoned more of the books as they got further into the series. On the occasions where I don't know the source material before seeing the movie I do get curious about the differences and look up the source material afterwards which is why I now hate I Am Legend. Critic reviews also tend to mimic my own opinion of movies making them a very good gauge of whether I will like a movie or not.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-04 17:34:45 Reply

At 5/4/12 06:02 AM, Camarohusky wrote: The Avengers.
Best Marvel movie, hands down.
So much ass kicked, the triage will take days.

Agreed. Who'd'a thunk the Hulk would be the best part of the movie?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-04 20:30:59 Reply

At 5/4/12 05:34 PM, Ravariel wrote: Agreed. Who'd'a thunk the Hulk would be the best part of the movie?

As they say: Third time's the charm.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-05 05:15:10 Reply

At 5/3/12 11:21 PM, Ravariel wrote: On a completely different note: Holy shit, Junior Seau! :(

And now MCA. :-( RIP.

Look out Tracy Jordan, the Rule of 3s is coming for you!

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-05 15:32:10 Reply

Yeah, I know, no politics in the lounge. But this video is hilarious. He's got the Christian Bale laryngitis voice down too.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-05 15:39:39 Reply

At 5/5/12 03:32 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Yeah, I know, no politics in the lounge. But this video is hilarious. He's got the Christian Bale laryngitis voice down too.

and that's is why batman is my favorite superhero.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2012-05-14 14:45:52 Reply

I mowed my lawn today !
Summer has returned early ~:)

Lawn mowing has returned as well ~:'(

WHy is it something great always has a down side ?
For example
Why is it that cake & fattening things go right to a ladies hips & never instead go to her tits ?