New Topic Respond to this Topic
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-02 21:56:40 Reply

At 1/2/10 09:06 PM, SevenSeize wrote: There was an 11 lb baby born too, god bless his mom.

I have a friend who was over twelve pounds when she was born, and each of her brothers was even bigger.

He followed me home, can I keep him?

BBS Signature
Yorik
Yorik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-02 23:24:39 Reply

At 1/2/10 09:56 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
At 1/2/10 09:06 PM, SevenSeize wrote: There was an 11 lb baby born too, god bless his mom.
I have a friend who was over twelve pounds when she was born, and each of her brothers was even bigger.

Does her mom walk funny?

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-02 23:58:20 Reply

At 1/2/10 11:24 PM, Yorik wrote:
At 1/2/10 09:56 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
Does her mom walk funny?

Can she walk at all?

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 10:08:52 Reply

At 1/2/10 11:58 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Can she walk at all?

I bet you a dollar she's bow legged as all hell even if she can walk.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 11:24:59 Reply

I was born in the first week of January...you do the backward math...& its still usually freezing & miserable weather wise around here at that time :'(
It's still snowing, the plow went by this morning, so I'll be going out to shovel a hole through the bank in a bit.
Flakes are now huge & fluffy , & the wind has dropped so it's actually not to bad out.
I think I'll wear shorts.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Der-Lowe
Der-Lowe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 12:13:28 Reply

The weather's just perfect. We even dodged a storm that hit Mar del Plata, with hail and all. It was 30ºC in Buenos Aires at 10am, I woke up early and went to the beach. Now it must be even hotter, I'm going again in a few hours (so as to avoid my usual heat stroke D:). Not a cloud in the sky.
There's a red and black flag; that means dangerous sea! That means big sea waves!

But that lake effect thing looks interesting.
We had a blue moon for new year, the Moon looks enourmous and beautiful over the sea. I wish we had some tropical currents instead of this halfbreeds of polar and river currents, that are both freezing and brown. But the coldness is appreciated on hot days like these.

I was born in March, conceived in July, Winter.
COINCIDENCE? ME THINKS NOT.

I went buy gas, long queues. Ew. And the car gets all dusty with the sand and wind. But well.

The outstanding faults of the economic society in which we live are its failure to provide for full employment and its arbitrary and inequitable distribution of wealth -- JMK

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 13:18:06 Reply

At 1/3/10 12:13 PM, Der-Lowe wrote: It was 30ºC in Buenos Aires at 10am, I woke up early and went to the beach.

;;;;

:'''(
I am soo jealous right now...I know that if I go to a local beach the only part that won't be covered by a foot of snow is where the tide line has melted it .

It's now freezing rain mixed with snow...just another lovely day in the Maritime Provinces of Canada .

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 13:46:19 Reply

I think they were all c-section babies, so she walks just fine. But I'm sure that scar is ridiculous.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 15:31:33 Reply

We're getting pounded here. Snow is up to my shins. Of course, I'm only 5'1", so it's easy for me to be buried in a drift. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so windy. You can barely see. I realize at some point, not only will I need to take out the trash, but I will also need to scrape off my car. Also need to finish some assignments tonight. Oh goody.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 16:52:44 Reply

Its now raining, the snows about 6 inches deep & the bottom inch is the consistancy of a slushy. Really heavy shiza to shovel.

RydiaLH...stay inside...keep warm & safe.
It sounds like you'll blow away if the storms blowing like it was here last night.
In some spots near where I was born, it was blowing 160 kph's
We had a couple places in New Brunswick where wind driven waves came in over causeways and levy's of about 10 feet (the news said several meters high ocean waves)
homes were evacuated, communities cut off. power off for around 45000 homes (we got lucky) not so far.
It's raining fairly hard now, snowing in other areas around the Province, I've got a Martini on the go, a 3 1/2 chunk of roast beast in the oven & the woodstove on bust :)
My lovers doing the veggies, I'm in charge of the roast & gravy.

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 17:57:56 Reply

I am getting WAY too excited about ordering my spring seeds.

We prepped a nice big bed in front of the family room windows, and I want to plant it as a butterfly garden. A lot of butterfly-attractant plants are annuals, but I'm lazy, so I'm sticking to the varieties that come back every year. We've also been talking about our long-term plans for upgrading to a nicer house in 5-10 years, and I think a garden with a lot of low-maintenance plants would be a selling point.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 18:12:19 Reply

Just shoveled out behind my car so I can get to class tomorrow. It was up past my back bumper and all my tires were submerged. I'm really not sure how much has fallen in this area, will need to check. But a nearby location has had 19 inches in the past 48 hours.

Both interstates were shut down for a while and may be again. If that's the case, none of my classmates are getting back to school, except for the locals.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 18:46:26 Reply

Oh look, it's 55 degrees outside.

And this is in the bay, not Sol Cal too.

Have fun with your snow!

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 22:02:37 Reply

At 1/3/10 05:57 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: I am getting WAY too excited about ordering my spring seeds.

You're not the only one. I had a guy ask me yesterday when we were going to get our seedling plants in. Bear in mind, it is January and 14 fucking degrees outside, and he's wondering when we'll get flowering plants in.

I just wanted to look at the guy and go "What are you on?"

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-03 22:47:36 Reply

I'm disappointed by the snowfall in my area. The local papers and TV stations were going apeshit about this storm and we got what amounts to a normal snowfall total. Less than 6 inches, and the roads were clear even though we're still technically in a winter storm warning. And this isn't just a patch of nothing before the rest hits, the roads have been clear and no extra accumulation since I headed to the mountain this morning around 8. We even went out to eat an hour away on the highway and hit no trouble spots at 7 and had a fine trip coming back just now.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 03:44:56 Reply

So, I'm feeling down in the dumps.
I don't have food poisoning.

I have MRSA... drug resistant staph infection.

Potentially life threatening, it's gonna require a lot of treatment because it is drug resistant. It was weary at first... I have a boil on my upper part of my thigh. Didn't think of it much.

But after googling my symptoms, and going back to the doctor, and getting a culture from my boil and pee-pee, we've found out that it's MRSA.

Good thing is that it can be cured, but I have to finish ALL the drugs... or get a even worse mutant form of it.

I've read that garlic has benefits...
I ate a whole head of raw garlic in the morning. That was painful. (I blend it with water and drank it quickly. Tomorrow, I'm gonna chop it up and mix it with peanut butter... they say that the peanut butter coats the garlic taste and makes it more palatable.)

Even more painful, putting a raw compress of raw garlic on my boil.

I plan to do this, and take my meds. Doctor said there's nothing wrong with it.

I may had gotten this when I was trying out pants at the mall. That's a scary thought, isn't it? I mean, how many of you have tried on pants in the fighting room?

I got to be especially hygienic because my dad is diabetic, and this could kill him. (Diabetics need to treat wounds immediately.)

Anyways...
Garlic... meds... for several days... lysol everywhere... handwashing...

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 04:30:45 Reply

At 1/4/10 03:44 AM, fli wrote: Garlic... meds... for several days... lysol everywhere... handwashing...

Ick. :(

For more palatable garlic get some Brie, roast the garlic cloves in the oven, then spread them on toast with the Brie. Deliciousness.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 10:52:50 Reply

There's better ways to get garlic into you Fli, than the torture you described !

I just came inside, for the first time in 3 days its not snowing, raining, or both. It's still cloudy and cold but its a wet cold that IMO is much harder on you than a dry cold.
There's only a bit over 15 cms (6 inches) of snow down, the bottom layer is a thick icy slush.
It was raining fairly steady this morning for an hour or so, temperature around the freezing point.

My last day off, I've got some work to do tomorrow :(

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 12:20:49 Reply

Today is the first day of my winter class. I've had the teacher before a year or so ago but I'm still confused by the whole half-online thing because the class has a lecture monday thru friday from 4-5:30 in-classroom, but her calendar has a 6am-12pm online thing for submitting work and reading and whatnot, which I hope is just her way of saying "please do this stuff before class" because I would like to get some hours in at work during weekdays this January which happens to be 8am to 3pm.

The snow storm was a bust for me over here. All we seemed to get was a few inches and a lot of wind. It's weird wind, because it's really warm gusts instead of frigid.

Grades were posted for the fall semester and I was happily surprised that I did so well. I gloated about it in my blag. TL;DR: 2 As, 3 A-s, 1 B

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Der-Lowe
Der-Lowe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 13:08:17 Reply

At 1/3/10 01:18 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 1/3/10 12:13 PM, Der-Lowe wrote: It was 30ºC in Buenos Aires at 10am, I woke up early and went to the beach.
;;;;

'''(
I am soo jealous right now...I know that if I go to a local beach the only part that won't be covered by a foot of snow is where the tide line has melted it .

It's now freezing rain mixed with snow...just another lovely day in the Maritime Provinces of Canada .

Well, it got cloudy and the sea water did not warm enough. Temperature went down to 25ºC
=(

At 1/3/10 01:46 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
I think they were all c-section babies, so she walks just fine. But I'm sure that scar is ridiculous.

I was one. So was my brother; our position inside my mother was identical.

At 1/3/10 03:31 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: We're getting pounded here. Snow is up to my shins. Of course, I'm only 5'1", so it's easy for me to be buried in a drift. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so windy. You can barely see. I realize at some point, not only will I need to take out the trash, but I will also need to scrape off my car. Also need to finish some assignments tonight. Oh goody.

Aw. TAKE CARE, LISTEN TO MOREFNGDBS HERE >=(

At 1/3/10 05:57 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: I am getting WAY too excited about ordering my spring seeds.

We prepped a nice big bed in front of the family room windows, and I want to plant it as a butterfly garden. A lot of butterfly-attractant plants are annuals, but I'm lazy, so I'm sticking to the varieties that come back every year. We've also been talking about our long-term plans for upgrading to a nicer house in 5-10 years, and I think a garden with a lot of low-maintenance plants would be a selling point.

My grandmother's garden is full of butterlflies. And hummingbirds. My cousin's cat caught one once. Cats are some mean hunters.
But anyway, the advantages of living in the subtropics.

At 1/4/10 03:44 AM, fli wrote: Anyways...
Garlic... meds... for several days... lysol everywhere... handwashing...

I like Garlic... but that disease does sound awful. Hope you get better!

The outstanding faults of the economic society in which we live are its failure to provide for full employment and its arbitrary and inequitable distribution of wealth -- JMK

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 17:59:39 Reply

At 1/4/10 01:08 PM, Der-Lowe wrote: I like Garlic... but that disease does sound awful. Hope you get better!

It is awful... you get boils...
and if it gets in your lungs, you can die.

You can die from the boils too because you can get sepsis. The lung form is more dangerous.

But in my case, I'm very healthy. But I'm highly contagious. And draining the pus is horrible... like a half cup of liquid comes out of my body.

And the worse thing is that some staph infections are resistant to antibiotics, and people got to get hospitalized. I'm sure my case won't get that bad, but still... I can pass it to my dad and husband, who are most likely to die from MRSA.

Soooo... I took my meds in the morning. The afternoon, I ate a head of garlic and it's easy to eat it when it's minced in peanut butter. The peanut butter covers up the taste. And I took another shower and there's a hole in my skin. Not very big... but noticeable. Like the sharpened point of a #2 lead pencil. I also put a poultice of garlic on it.

Hopefully, I will get better in a few days.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 21:24:46 Reply

So a magazine in Australia put a model on the cover without airbrushing the shit out of her and now people are complaining that she wasn't fat enough.

This might just be me, but aren't the claims that she doesn't represent "real women" extremely insulting in the sense that they're implying she isn't even a real person?

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 21:32:27 Reply

At 1/4/10 09:24 PM, Elfer wrote: This might just be me, but aren't the claims that she doesn't represent "real women" extremely insulting in the sense that they're implying she isn't even a real person?

I occasionally read the blogs on the Glamour website, and one of the entries resulted in a bunch of posts of women going "Oh, fat is beautiful, but skinny is SO GROSS!"

I'm 5'7" and weigh 118 lbs. You can see a few of my ribs, and my hip bones are somewhat prominent. I'm small-breasted and have a 27" waist. According to these bitches, I am disgusting and starve myself.

I pointed out the inherent hypocrisy in their comments and was promptly attacked.

I gave up. It wasn't worth it.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 21:37:24 Reply

Also fli: I've heard that the compound in garlic that's effective against such bugs tends to be broken down in the digestive tract. Also, raw garlic is an irritant, so eating a lot of it could cause damage to your digestive tract, which would be a whole other thing to worry about. You might want to consider cutting back from a full head a day.

However, I know they've soaps based on garlic extracts as a topical treatment for MSRA, so when you're not working somewhere that you need to avoid reeking all day, you could take a crack at mixing some mashed or ground up garlic with soap and washing with that.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-04 21:45:13 Reply

At 1/4/10 09:32 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:

I'd just like to say that from what few pics of you I have seen, I find you to be quite attractive despite your perfect super-model dimensions.

I think the main thing people don't like with those kinds of magazines is putting on a pedestal the air brushed, perfect skinned, body-make-upped and perfectly toned women who spend their entire time making sure they look good, time that is inconceivable to any normal human being.

In regards to one of those articles, I find it interesting that the girl who was interviewed for it was talking about how even a year or two ago, she wouldn't have sat for the photo session and that now there's a change in how they all view women so that not everything has to be absolutely perfect in the magazine.

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-05 09:09:16 Reply

At 1/4/10 09:45 PM, Malachy wrote: I think the main thing people don't like with those kinds of magazines is putting on a pedestal the air brushed, perfect skinned, body-make-upped and perfectly toned women who spend their entire time making sure they look good, time that is inconceivable to any normal human being.

The silly thing here though is that this is a former Miss Universe, which is more of a glamour model thing than a fashion model thing, meaning that the amount of time invested to get yourself into that kind of shape could be accomplished by pretty much anyone who really wanted it. The thing that separates most women in industrialized nations from being miss universe isn't body shape, it's more like facial bone structure and effervescence.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-05 12:06:27 Reply

At 1/4/10 09:45 PM, Malachy wrote: she wouldn't have sat for the photo session and that now there's a change in how they all view women so that not everything has to be absolutely perfect in the magazine.

;;;
Did any of you see the item in yesterdays news about the dating site that threw out 5000 members because they gained weight over christmas...seems this site has new members voted in on looks...you don't look good enough, you can't join !
L O L ,should rename it from the 'beautiful people dating site' to the 'shallow people'

By the way I've seen skinny (count every rib) dancers puling on a little bit of belly skin they have to bend to be able to find,,,call it FAT ! If seen this in traveling dance groups/stage acts as well as when Ice Capades used to tour.
These girls would be like size zero & I guess they were shooting for a negitive number ???

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-05 13:24:34 Reply

At 1/4/10 05:59 PM, fli wrote: Soooo... I took my meds in the morning. The afternoon, I ate a head of garlic and it's easy to eat it when it's minced in peanut butter. The peanut butter covers up the taste. And I took another shower and there's a hole in my skin. Not very big... but noticeable. Like the sharpened point of a #2 lead pencil. I also put a poultice of garlic on it.

Dude... is it really necessary to eat raw garlic by the bulb? You can't like take a dietary supplement or something? I mean, you're going to sweat the stuff out and smell because of it, why subject yourself to the eye-watering and nose-burning torture of eating a massive amount of it raw?

At 1/4/10 09:32 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: I gave up. It wasn't worth it.

I know I've made ill comments about people of your body type in the past, but at the time I wasn't aware that you were built the way you were. So I'm going to take this opportunity to say I'm sorry, and if people don't like you for the fact that you were born the way most people desire to be, fuck 'em.

-----

I rerecorded the message on my answering machine this morning. Sometime in the next week or so I'm going to sit down with Audacity and a microphone and do the one I want (make it sort of a SAW tape kind of answering machine message), but I did a variation of the mental health institute message that would fit into the 30 message space on my machine.

Hello and welcome to the mental health hotline
If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.
If you have multiple personalities, press 2 3 4
If you are paranoid, we know who you are and are tracing this phone call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and satan will tell you which number to press.
If you are delusional, please leave a message and the mothership will contact you later.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-05 13:31:12 Reply

Hey...its January 5th.
Its my birthday...I know this because Mom just phoned to wish me a happy B'day.
I really got to learn to pay more attention...but I'm was excited about not having to go to work until tomorrow.
The gear never made it there today, & the schedual has been pushed because of that :)

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2010-01-05 13:32:09 Reply

It occurs to me that we didn't do a poli awards thread this year.

Oh well.