New Topic Respond to this Topic
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 06:04 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Think turducken, but crab and lobster substituted for us seafood people.

A crab shoved up a lobster's ass...?

Owie.

At 9/3/09 06:28 PM, michelinman wrote: What's the point of deep frying cheerios? They've got no damn flavor as it is! Deep frying isn't going to do anything except make it bad for your heart and or cholesterol. Dumb dumb dumb.

Well, when you make chex mix you put butter and worcestershire sauce over the whole mess and broil it. So it shouldn't be THAT different. It would probably make a tasty granola or trail mix add-in.

----

Quick question; say your doing yardwork, you go to get a fuel can to put fuel in your mower. The can is red, marked "gasoline," and after you fill up the tank of your mower, white smoke billows out of the tailpipe of your mower like a it's going out of style, like a van full of pot smoke blowin' down the interstate. What would you say was in the gas can; gas, or diesel?

I only ask because my nose is stinging right now from all the smoke.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:18 PM Reply

It was diesel fuel.

Now I get to go learn the wonderful skill of syphoning. YAY!!! My life is complete and I am fulfilled as an individual.

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 12:22 PM, awkward-silence wrote: Today is my last free day in the States (Why I'm here, I don't know). I move to Paris on Monday and the my entire weekend is booked with family and friends.

I'm excited, over there I've got a Job, a flat about 15 min from the Arc De Triumphe (walking), and a cute little honey to keep me company. This is going to be a fun year.

I wanna go to France!!!!

Someone bring me to France! We can go get croissants.

At 9/3/09 07:02 PM, Proteas wrote:

Quick question; say your doing yardwork, you go to get a fuel can to put fuel in your mower. The can is red, marked "..........out of style, like a van full of pot smoke blowin' down the interstate. What would you say was in the gas can; gas, or diesel?

I only ask because my nose is stinging right now from all the smoke.

I'd think that would have something to do with the oil.

filler filler filler kjsajdsajksajksakjsakdj

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 07:02 PM, Proteas wrote: A crab shoved up a lobster's ass...?

Owie.

Something like that. Apparently you can also get fished stuffed in it.

I'm personally hoping for a steak-stuff crab. Surf and turf....yummy.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:49 PM Reply

I just learned three important things....

(1) always clearly mark what fuel is in what can.
(2) diesel fuel tastes really nasty, and makes me puke.
(3) I'm buying one of these tomorrow after I get off work.

Now, I am going to go and TRY and enjoy the rest of my evening.

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:25 PM Reply

Why would you put fuel in you mouth in the first place.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 08:25 PM, LordJaric wrote: Why would you put fuel in you mouth in the first place.

wiki says:

"Practical requirements

A plain tube can be used as a siphon. An external pump has to be applied to start the liquid flowing and prime the siphon. This can be a human mouth. This is sometimes done with any leak-free hose to siphon gasoline from a motor vehicle's gasoline tank to an external tank. (Siphoning gasoline by mouth often results in the accidental swallowing of gasoline, which is quite poisonous, or aspirating it into the lungs, which can cause death or lung damage.[1]) If the tube is flooded with liquid before part of the tube is raised over the intermediate high point and care is taken to keep the tube flooded while it is being raised, no pump is required"

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:48 PM Reply

I just got done with my PT test today and I passes I ran a Mile in 8:29 and 20 situps under a minute and 45 pushups under 2 minutes (all that training payed off)

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 07:22 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I wanna go to France!!!!

;;;
I've been to France !
If you come up to Nova Scotia I could take you over to France...we would go to St. Pierre & Miquelon.

Unfortunately , they are 2 tiny islands off the South coast of Newfoundland ( between Cape Breton Isalnd , the Northern part of Nova Scotia )
BUT ! ! !
It is a part of France with real frenchmen ( & women of course) the islands are about 16 miles off the coast of Nfld. It was fun, I had croissants & red wine & fresh french bread /aka baguette, with sundried tomato & olive oil, garlic butter & sweet onion, baked lightly with a little cheese...what do they call that ............honey what do you call (previous list of ingredients) ?...... right , french bruschetta.
You'd probably like it .

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:06 PM Reply

*looks around*

The City of Heroes/Villains costume creator is badass... but trying to find a decent mask that fits your outfit is another story.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 10:10 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 9/3/09 10:06 PM, Proteas wrote: *looks around*

The City of Heroes/Villains costume creator is badass... but trying to find a decent mask that fits your outfit is another story.
Looks like samurai Ozzy Osbourne.

No, that is clearly Deadpool Ozzy Osbourne.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 09:51 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/3/09 07:22 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I wanna go to France!!!!

;;;
I've been to France !
If you come up to Nova Scotia I could take you over to France...we would go to St. Pierre & Miquelon.

*starts packing*

Unfortunately , they are 2 tiny islands off the South coast of Newfoundland ( between Cape Breton Isalnd , the Northern part of Nova Scotia )
BUT ! ! !

* continues packing*

You'd probably like it .

I know exactly what that is, and I LOVE it and Im done packing I'll be there in the morning.

At 9/3/09 10:12 PM, stafffighter wrote:

That's Lady Gaga.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 10:12 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 9/3/09 10:10 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 9/3/09 10:06 PM, Proteas wrote: The City of Heroes/Villains costume creator is badass... but trying to find a decent mask that fits your outfit is another story.

shit I knew you ozzy had to be deadpool.

awkward-silence
awkward-silence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 9/3/09 07:22 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

ute little honey to keep me company. This is going to be a fun year.

I wanna go to France!!!!

I've got extra room in my carry-on. Hop on in!

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 10:06 AM Reply

I think tonight I'm going to see if I can get a "Hatler" meme started on 4chan.

While generally stupid, it would be temporarily beneficial to politics forums everywhere to dismiss Hitlergenic arguments with a simple "HATLER"

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 10:08 AM Reply

So would we then post a picture of Hitler wearing a funny hat?

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 9/4/09 10:08 AM, Ravariel wrote: So would we then post a picture of Hitler wearing a funny hat?

Or just a regular hat. You know, whatever fits.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 9/3/09 08:48 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I just got done with my PT test today and I passes I ran a Mile in 8:29 and 20 situps under a minute and 45 pushups under 2 minutes (all that training payed off)

You're gonna have to pick it up a lot man. You're good with pushups since you only need 42 in 2 minutes, but situps you have to have 49 in two minutes if I'm not mistaken, and you have to be able to run 2 miles in 15:30 to pass basic. And I would post a picture of "hatler" but I couldn't find a good base pic that would fit well with him wearing a hat. Lol.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 11:25 AM Reply

the sky is burning !

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 9/4/09 11:21 AM, michelinman wrote: You're gonna have to pick it up a lot man. You're good with pushups since you only need 42 in 2 minutes, but situps you have to have 49 in two minutes if I'm not mistaken, and you have to be able to run 2 miles in 15:30 to pass basic. And I would post a picture of "hatler" but I couldn't find a good base pic that would fit well with him wearing a hat. Lol.

I'd say concentrate on the running, it's likely going to be harder than doing sit-ups. Also, it's a good idea to surpass the requirements instead of passing at 60%.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 01:46 PM Reply

Meh, the running is easy. I can run 5k (3.1 miles) in 18 minutes, doing 2 in 15:30 should be cake, even for a non-track-dude. But as long as you bust your ass during basic, you should be able to reach those numbers fairly easy. The actual hard part is going through with Basic and quashing any cases of the "fuckits" that happen to come along. Keep your head down, do the work, and you'll be golden.

Good luck!!

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 10:06 PM, Proteas wrote: *looks around*

I would wear a gimp mask with that suit.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 9/3/09 10:12 PM, stafffighter wrote: No, that is clearly Deadpool Ozzy Osbourne.

Deadpool is really Ozzy Ozbourne? Okay....

I'm working on a series of Architext Missions that uses all my characters at some point or another. My villain character that you see there dressed up as Deadpool is supposed to be a former head of security for a tech corporation in the game who lost his job to my main hero-side character, is now homeless, and has it out for my hero. So his main outfit is grey khakis, sneakers, a dirty t-shirt, and... long hair with circle sunglasses.

I realized the other day that his build pretty much mirrored Deadpool's abilities (dual sword wielding along with a mix of self-regeneration and tough defenses), so I thought... why not give him a DP outfit? So I did the Ryan Reynold's DP from the Origins move (dark red shirt and khaki pants) for one outfit slot, and the comic book DP outfit for the other.

I've got to work on the head of it a little more, though. That split circle thing on DP's mask isn't available in-game, so it's going to be tricky. However, I could just as easily re-work the costume and turn it into Deathstroke/Slade.

------

Siphon Pump: $5.
2 foot length of clear plastic tubing; $2.
Duct Tape (to hold both together); $3.

Siphoning gas out of my dad's truck to put in his mower? Priceless.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Although I am tempted after yesterday.

To give you all a general idea of what Diesel Fuel tastes like... think of a really bad tasting cheap wine you've had, and then add a slight motor oil after-taste, and you'll get the general idea.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 9/4/09 11:21 AM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/3/09 08:48 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I just got done with my PT test today and I passes I ran a Mile in 8:29 and 20 situps under a minute and 45 pushups under 2 minutes (all that training payed off)
You're gonna have to pick it up a lot man. You're good with pushups since you only need 42 in 2 minutes, but situps you have to have 49 in two minutes if I'm not mistaken, and you have to be able to run 2 miles in 15:30 to pass basic. And I would post a picture of "hatler" but I couldn't find a good base pic that would fit well with him wearing a hat. Lol.

hey man in the beginning of the summer I couldn't do 5 push up much less run a mile in under 8 minutes 30 seconds, (it took me 12 minutes) so I say thats a really good improvement because by nature I am a fucking coach potato.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 9/4/09 05:47 PM, Proteas wrote: Siphon Pump: $5.
2 foot length of clear plastic tubing; $2.
Duct Tape (to hold both together); $3.

Siphoning gas out of my dad's truck to put in his mower? Priceless.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Although I am tempted after yesterday.
To give you all a general idea of what Diesel Fuel tastes like... think of a really bad tasting cheap wine you've had, and then add a slight motor oil after-taste, and you'll get the general idea.

I don't know how large your lawn mower is, or how its gas tank is set up, but many of the ones I've seen just have a plastic tank in it that is relatively easily removable...or honestly, why not just duct tape a gas can to the opening and tip the thing over? a few hundred pounds isn't that hard with leverage.

Those plastic no-spill gas containers are pretty cheap and found at most gas stations.

I need to get a better one, the one I have is 1.3 gallons (for when the motorcycle runs out of gas) and I have not once successfully used it. gas goes everywhere.

At the outfitter we had a bunch of no-spill ones with these cool little push-button nozzles for the generator at the outpost and they were a breeze to use.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 9/4/09 06:11 PM, Malachy wrote: I don't know how large your lawn mower is, or how its gas tank is set up, but many of the ones I've seen just have a plastic tank in it that is relatively easily removable...or honestly, why not just duct tape a gas can to the opening and tip the thing over? a few hundred pounds isn't that hard with leverage.

If this was the piddly little Murray lawn tractor we used to have, it wouldn't be a big deal. As it is, this is an all-steel International lawn tractor with a 40+ mowing deck on it, with the top of the engine sitting about chest high on me (I'm about 5'10 or 5'11" depending on which gas station I'm running out of).

So yeah, tip this thing over.... not likely, even with leverage.

The conversation with my dad last night was interesting, though.

Me; Okay, I'm not going to tell you WHAT I did, I just want to know; what was in the gas can in your garage?
Dad: ... did you pour diesel fuel into my tractor?
Me: Probably.
Dad: That's the same can I pumped deisel fuel out of 6 months ago when your brother did the same thing! Why did you do that?!
Me: Because it was a big red can marked "Gasoline."
Dad: Well, it wasn't, it was diesel fuel. The gasoline is in the blue can next to it. You should have asked.
Me: I shouldn't have HAD to ask, because it was a BIG RED CAN marked GASOLINE.

For those of you who don't know; blue fuel cans are typically marked KEROSENE, as his is. We went back and forth like this for a few minutes, and I finally said I was going to take a big sharpie and relable the cans for what they actually contain. He no response or protest to that.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:42 PM Reply

I see that it's more than your typical riding mower.

do you have anything that runs off diesel? I don't see why he kept that fuel after your brother did that and left it around to be used again later unless you have something that uses the fuel.

A friend back home once filled his step-dad's diesel truck up with regular unleaded and fucked it up something fierce.

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 08:44 PM Reply

I suppose if Dante can do it, I can too. Depending on which way school goes, there's a chance I may enter the state police academy and I'd have to go through all the training. Sure, I danced for years, but I am a total wimp. I could never do a pull-up, and I can count how many push-ups I can do on one hand. I also have no endurance. Of course, I'm not sure if school will head that way yet.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 9/4/09 08:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I suppose if Dante can do it, I can too. Depending on which way school goes, there's a chance I may enter the state police academy and I'd have to go through all the training. Sure, I danced for years, but I am a total wimp. I could never do a pull-up, and I can count how many push-ups I can do on one hand. I also have no endurance. Of course, I'm not sure if school will head that way yet.

hehehe just make friends with a second degree black belt or higher and is a total health nut, and ask him/her to help you train. like said my friend Lee (a secondegree black belt/Health nut/Health Guru) does 300 push ups a day and 10+ miles and weight lifts . I asked him to help me and i'm healthier than ever.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 9/4/09 08:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I suppose if Dante can do it, I can too. Depending on which way school goes, there's a chance I may enter the state police academy and I'd have to go through all the training. Sure, I danced for years, but I am a total wimp. I could never do a pull-up, and I can count how many push-ups I can do on one hand. I also have no endurance. Of course, I'm not sure if school will head that way yet.

I'd take the state police test, but apparently there's a minimum height requirement for men. wtf. It's like 5'11" and I'm 5'9"

¥ ¥

BBS Signature