New Topic Respond to this Topic
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 10:10 AM Reply

I'm just hanging out & waiting to go into the city for this afternoon/tonights chicken foot show. I'm doing lighting for the evening part of the multi act Concert on the Hill. With tomorrow being a sun up until it is torn down & on the trucks kind of day ( est. 14 to 16 hour day !)
Next week Dutchy Mason Blues festival in Truro NS.
Plus its sunny out today :)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 8/1/09 01:06 AM, fli wrote: They hate it.
They associate bald headed guys with drug dealers, Sinéad O'Connor, cholo gang bangers, skin heads, and similarly atrocious things.

Haha, I like how they put Sinéad O'Connor in the same category with cholos and gang bangers. She can't be that bad.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:19 PM Reply

I'm back from Orlando. Now I'm confused by my university's account summary page.

In my account summary, it says that the amount due is zero dollars and the amount not currently due is equivalent to tuition. But when I go to account summary by term, for fall 2009, it says the balance is the amount of tuition. WTF?

I did sign my MPN and do counseling before I left, so I'm sure they got that. Plus, we haven't picked up the mail yet. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing from the pages.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 06:53 AM, zephiran wrote::

Don´t know why this is so, it´s just something I´ve noticed.

Everyone has their taboos. Mohawks are, to Mexicans, very gay or very White. So my family had a hard time when I sported the mohawk, especially when they were still sorta rare.

I was part of the wave that sported it without being a punk or rocker a few years ago.
Now, even kids are wearing mohawks...
I mean, I don't know why anyone should bat an eye to it anymore.

Also. If you want your future kids to get your mail for you and you live out in the sticks (like I do) you might want to plant some berry bushes all the way to the mailbox. This will guarantee voluntary mail-getting on several days of the year for several years to come. And then when your offspring leaves the nest and you can´t be assed to produce more, you always have the thought of fresh berrylicious delights to fall back on those rainy days (and all other days for that matter) when you have to get your mail yourself.

Problem is... I'm not part of the sticks. And even then, they're not as lovely (like Alviso... which is still rural, but ugly as heck.)

San Jose is a unique in that it's a city... but a tiny city, which still has some pockets of agriculture. On the East Side, there is a vineyard and a winery! I didn't even know it existed until 6 years ago. And then there is a farm that sells actual raw milk (although, it's sells goat milk.)

I keep meaning to buy some. Raw milk, I've heard, doesn't give so much problems to the lactose intolerant. It's such a delight...

ACTUAL strawberries are also not recommended, the sizeable strawberry quells any mans appetite in a short amount of berries and time, and thus you might not make it to your destination.

Depends on the variety you use. I grow the Sequoia veriety, which can be huge. And I also grow the Alpine variety (the albino and red version) and those are about the size of my pinky finger. Although, those taste much more better than the big ones.

At 8/2/09 04:01 PM, ThePretenders wrote:
At 8/1/09 01:06 AM, fli wrote: They hate it.
They associate bald headed guys with drug dealers, Sinéad O'Connor, cholo gang bangers, skin heads, and similarly atrocious things.
Haha, I like how they put Sinéad O'Connor in the same category with cholos and gang bangers. She can't be that bad.

The bitch must die...
;-p

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:27 PM Reply

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2625336/1/
Michael_and_the_Black_Eyed_Kids

I need to know, should I change Michael's surname? His current one didn't seem to fit but what do you think?

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 05:19 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I'm back from Orlando. Now I'm confused by my university's account summary page.

In my account summary, it says that the amount due is zero dollars and the amount not currently due is equivalent to tuition. But when I go to account summary by term, for fall 2009, it says the balance is the amount of tuition. WTF?

I did sign my MPN and do counseling before I left, so I'm sure they got that. Plus, we haven't picked up the mail yet. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing from the pages.

Depends on what page you're looking at. The Financial Aid department will tell you what your cost-of-attendance is and what you are getting for loans, but it's the Bursar office who are the ones you actually pay.

Usually the financial aid will be who you go by for what you will owe before the semester because the bursar office may not put your loans onto the bill until the bank you are borrowing from actually gives them the money. What they typically do is put in a memo on your bill for the amount of the loan, so it will show up on your account summary but not on your actual bill.

Does your school have Direct Loans from the federal government, or did you have to choose from a list of banks? You should receive some paperwork from the bank if you borrowed from them in september/october outlining any fees they took out and conditions of the loan.

I'd suggest calling whichever department handles the semester bills and ask them about it, they'll check with financial aid for what you are getting for loans and grants and then they'll probably put that on your bill so that you know if you need to pay them any money or not for the semester before the loans actually get to the school.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 09:44 PM Reply

Hey, back from the dead for a bit, but then going into nothing again.

Just checking in.

Fli, it's weird seeing you without hair.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:04 AM Reply

Lulz

You've all probably seen this, but for the uninitiated, xkcd=da bomb.

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 8/3/09 01:04 AM, TheShrike wrote: Lulz

You've all probably seen this, but for the uninitiated, xkcd=da bomb.

I hadn't, but I really enjoyed the Bill Maher skit about "Old Barackey" beer. That was great.

"You know, I never thought I'd say this, but you're one of the good ones."

"Why thank you White Devil!"

*pause*

*both laugh*

*Obama look alike bartender smiles and thumbs up*

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:53 AM Reply

At 8/2/09 09:44 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Fli, it's weird seeing you without hair.

Can't be that weird... I flirted with a few girls on Friday at school, and then again at the movies.
Something about the horn-rimes and baldness that combines.

But it's gonna be a while until the tan matches up...

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:54 AM Reply

Oh, yeah...
Folks...

See the Orphan. It was GREAT. I still have my problems with it in the motivations, but... if I say anything, it would ruin everything.

EVERYONE was clapping hard at the very end.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 8/3/09 01:54 AM, fli wrote:

See the Orphan. It was GREAT. I still have my problems with it in the motivations, but... if I say anything, it would ruin everything.

Ok, Ill put that on the list with the hangover and transformers two. It's been too long since I saw a movie at the theater. As a film lover I'm sure you know the feeling

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
zephiran
zephiran
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 06:01 PM, fli wrote: Depends on the variety you use. I grow the Sequoia veriety, which can be huge. And I also grow the Alpine variety (the albino and red version) and those are about the size of my pinky finger. Although, those taste much more better than the big ones.

The eternal struggle for breeders of digestable flora and fauna: Taste over size? Quality over Quantity?

Personally I prefer the smaller strawberries best, but that´s just me. The bigger ones, however, are pretty darn ace when it comes to decorating cakes and stuff. Nothing says "Happy Birthday!" like a cake topped with strawberries sized like the smaller species of rodents.

Also. A majority of the active members on Fanart Central appear to be roleplayers of female gender disposition. It´s... Strange, to experience an atmosphere not created by teenage males high on testosterone and cock jokes. Strange, to say the least...

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.
I was gonna clean my room.
But then I got pie.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 7/31/09 11:58 PM, stafffighter wrote: this exists?

Because this is the interwebs, and you can find anything you want. And a whole lot of shit you don't want to.

Just remember kids; if someone dares you to play "Google Sepuku," don't do it.

At 8/1/09 03:16 AM, Ravariel wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZQ7rgAq -I&feature=channel

Hm... not familiar with them. Sounds good, I'll have to look into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwH_3waN gg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHTY03_M co&feature=channel

Completely under-rated singers, both of them. Cristina Scabbia doesn't get the props she's due as a singer (in my mind), but Lacey Mosley doesn't seem like a good fit for that band... case in point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZ LQ

Meh. Anette Olzon does an alright job in that band, but I'm a bigger fan of Tarja Turunen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQraziPI 3A&feature=related

I need to watch more Anime. Yep, definitly need to watch more anime.

I'm as much a fan of female singers as I am a fan of Gothic and Orchestral Metal. Guys who actually CAN sing over orchestral music are the shit, in my mind. The best example I can find of this at the moment would be ICS Vortex of Dimmu Borgir.

======

Every last one of you would have laughed your asses off at me Saturday afternoon; my dad finally taught me to drive a stick-shift, so that I could work his lawn tractor and mow the lawn for him. We walk through the basics of shifting gears, how to dis/engage the mower deck, the whole works. I go to start it, and I forgot something; the thing was in 1st gear. I lurched forward and almost went through the tool shed my dad keeps the damn thing in.

Do I need to mention how I swiped one of our trees (probably knocking the deck loose somewhere), and hit a rock one pass before being done? Yeah. He's going to love that when he gets back in town.

At least I didn't pour diesel fuel in the damn thing like my brother did.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 01:23 AM Reply

So my boyfriend and I are looking up stuff for the Pittsburgh Comicon. My college buddies will be there too. This year's special guest is Stan Lee. Good luck getting in to see him, as far as I can tell. I had to chuckle at the restrictions listed.

Also, I seem to be developing a bit of social anxiety or something, because for whatever reason, errands like this are starting to bother me. Tomorrow I need to head to an office to check on a move-in date for an apartment. I asked to be put on the waiting list. I'm sure I was, but at the same time, the woman was a bit of a nimrod and I'm not so sure, you know? I keep fearing the worst since this sort of thing tends to happen to me. She did say I was on, so I probably am, but...eh.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 03:49 AM Reply

Orphan was indeed a really good movie that completely takes advantage of your expectations for what you think the film is about. Very very good stuff.

That's about all I got for now.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 05:19 AM Reply

So out of shape...

For some reason I decided to buy EA active for the wii... god the pain...

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 8/3/09 10:11 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 8/1/09 03:16 AM, Ravariel wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZQ7rgAq -I&feature=channel
Hm... not familiar with them. Sounds good, I'll have to look into it.

They have another singer, as well, who I don't like as much. You can hear her here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwH_3waN gg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHTY03_M co&feature=channel
Completely under-rated singers, both of them. Cristina Scabbia doesn't get the props she's due as a singer (in my mind), but Lacey Mosley doesn't seem like a good fit for that band... case in point.

Scabbia's awesome. She did one of the best tracks on the new Apocalyptica album SOS (Anything But Love). And the fact that she can do that yodel from Our Truth at the end of a concert without cracking? Amazing. Flyleaf I like a bit less... maybe she should be in a better band that could stretch her musically and become an amazing vocalist... but I kinda like the punky metal vibe they have going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZ LQ
Meh. Anette Olzon does an alright job in that band, but I'm a bigger fan of Tarja Turunen.

Tarja is definitely the better vocalist, hands down. That said, the entire Dark Passion Play album is fuggin amazing. On most of the other albums there's a few tracks that bore me. I could listen to the new one for hours (and have).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQraziPI 3A&feature=related
I need to watch more Anime. Yep, definitly need to watch more anime.

Ghost in the Shell is a good place to start. Watch the first movie first, then both Stand Alone Complex series, then Innocence and Solid State Society. They're all absolutely beautiful, with ridiculously deep and complex stories (to a fault... they're kinda difficult to understand because of all the political maneuvering and stuff). The first movie is probably one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen, the opening scene, the one where she's chasing the puppet in the camo suit and later when she tears open the tank are visually astonishing. And the movie was made almost 15 years ago, before the golden age of CGI.

Evidence. Semi-nsfw.

I'm as much a fan of female singers as I am a fan of Gothic and Orchestral Metal. Guys who actually CAN sing over orchestral music are the shit, in my mind. The best example I can find of this at the moment would be ICS Vortex of Dimmu Borgir.

You should check out Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian. This guy has the most amazing voice I've ever heard in metal.

Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.

He does get a bit overcomplicated in the studio, though. A lot of A Night at the Opera they can't do live because of all the vocal layering he did in the studio.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

zephiran
zephiran
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 8/4/09 05:19 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: So out of shape...

For some reason I decided to buy EA active for the wii... god the pain...

Now, this may sound silly, but I honestly don´t think the Wii is intended for exercise. And I don´t think exercise is intended for people, in general, and gamers, in particular either.

I´m not gonna say that you should´ve let the Active side of you lie, but I would really like to imply that if you HAD, you would be significantly more comfortable right now.

Also. I think I have a Stand Alone Complex DVD lying around somewhere. The first time I watched it I got pleasure shiverings. It was THAT good. Well, it was either that, or a declinine in temperature caused my goosebumps. Either way, I think it´s safe to assume that the entire Ghost in the Shell series is one of the "higher end" animes...

Innocence DID bother me slightly, mainly because it was rather gloomy and dark, but other than that, it was pretty darn beautiful.

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.
I was gonna clean my room.
But then I got pie.

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 8/3/09 08:55 PM, stafffighter wrote: Ok, Ill put that on the list with the hangover and transformers two. It's been too long since I saw a movie at the theater. As a film lover I'm sure you know the feeling

Never saw hangover (it's something that wouldn't interest me...)
But I love thriller and horror.

And I got a lot of expectations. But at the same time, I'm not so relentless... it is pretty hard to work with movie studios, directors, writers, etc--

That little 10 minute play I did... even the choice of cast wasn't what I expected. They way they performed it wasn't what I would agree on, and the way they improvised and removed a few lines.

But it's like a trade off too... both sides can't have what they want and so-- have your reservations-- but don't forget to have fun either.

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 06:01 PM, fli wrote: San Jose is a unique in that it's a city... but a tiny city, which still has some pockets of agriculture. On the East Side, there is a vineyard and a winery! I didn't even know it existed until 6 years ago. And then there is a farm that sells actual raw milk (although, it's sells goat milk.)

I heard that raw milk keeps the proteins and minerals that is destroyed by pasteurisation and tastes much better than the homogenised gunk you get in the supermarket.

The bitch must die...
;-p

She actually looks good with short hair instead of her usual baldness.

She must live.

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 06:23 PM Reply

For some reason, I didn't care for Stand Alone Complex. Not sure why. Maybe subconsciously I felt they shouldn't mess with a good thing?

If you want to see something visually beautiful, one of my new favorite animes, Hell Girl, is amazing in that regard. The Japanese title is Jigoku Shoujo. I refuse to watch it on anything other than a big screen. The scenery is that gorgeous in parts. However, my boyfriend doesn't want to watch the series because he finds it too depressing.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 8/4/09 09:48 AM, Ravariel wrote: They have another singer, as well, who I don't like as much. You can hear her here.

They're both pretty decent in my mind.

Evidence. Semi-nsfw.

I'm familiar with the Ghost-in-the-Shell series, I need to get my hands on a copy of it to watch. I lved watching Stand-Alone-Complex back when it was on Adult Swim. I wasn't able to follow the storyline much because I wasn't familiar with the background of the show, but it was interesting none-the-less.

You should check out Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian. This guy has the most amazing voice I've ever heard in metal.

Hansi Kursch does an all right job. I'll give him props for that.

At 8/4/09 06:23 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Hell Girl

Will definitely be checking that one out.

I watched a few episodes of "Oh My Goddess! The Adventures of Mini-Goddess" a while back, and I need to find that again. I'm not familiar with the original series itself, but to see a series where the main characters are in chibi form the whole way through? That's funny as all hell. That, and Excel Saga, love that series.

I'm a goofball in real life, not a brooding maniac, people.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 08:50 PM Reply

Going to be in NYC for a week or two.

Being the Madison Avenue Man.

Pics will be soon when I come back.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I liked the first Ghost in the Machine movie for being imaginative and intelligent, but the second movie and the subsequent series was just over kill. It's way to intellectual to follow through without forgetting the entertainment value. Although, there were a few episodes that I really liked... like the episode about those cute little tach-comas (not spelled correctly... phonetic spelling) exploring the possibility that they are truly sentient beings.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 8/4/09 08:50 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Going to be in NYC for a week or two.

Being the Madison Avenue Man.

Pics will be soon when I come back.

Crap...
was gonna ask you to pick up broadway tickets for me... Osage County. Would had given you one too...

Have a nice trip.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 4th, 2009 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 8/4/09 09:16 PM, fli wrote: like the episode about those cute little tach-comas (not spelled correctly... phonetic spelling) exploring the possibility that they are truly sentient beings.

I didn't get to see that one, but I saw one episode where they were prominently featured (episode 4 of the second season), and I laughed hysterically.

Dead serious series, nobody smiles or laughs... there's a couple of big mechas running around with schoolgirl voices, and they start going, "So the airplane is on autopilot? Maybe the plane's AI is tired and doesn't want to work today."

"Wait... we've got to do what? Draw their fire? Is it to late to call out sick?! I have a tummy ache!"

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 5th, 2009 @ 02:28 AM Reply

who knew such a good time could be had on a make-shift bed. and, in keeping with the subject of lack of shape (all right; maybe its not a current subject, but i noticed it as i browsed), i will be feeling it tomorrow.

there should be a happy, beat-up smiley.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 5th, 2009 @ 08:27 AM Reply

Tachikomas are awesome... I only wish their little Omake theater bits at the end of the shows had been translated in the version I saw. Their growth throughout the series is one of the most underrated aspects of the whole thing... they basically grow from robots who parrot humans to learning to be self-aware and have wants and needs and figure out motivations and question the nature of their existence... it's really quite a remarkable sub-plot. Intellectual all while being very cute and very very funny.

Innocence is VERY dark and depressing, but visually stunning. I can also see where people might think the series sacrificed entertainment value for obtuse intellectualism, and hold it against the show, but I watch plenty of pure entertainment series... having just one be really smart... even if it gets a bit overbearing, is refreshing to me.

ANother amazing series for the anime fans out there is Vision of Escaflowne. Quite possibly the best animated television series ever made. I say that with no sarcasm or overstatement. It is a single season, 26 episodes, and there isn't a single moment of filler in the entire thing. It's like a 13-hour movie. Every character, even minor ones you only see for a couple episodes, is sympathetic. Every one, from the heroes to the villains have rational motivations... even noble ones. Noone is all good or all bad, everyone has nuance and you like every single one (even if you also hate them). I cannot recommend the series enough.

Interesting side note: Yoko Kanno, the one who did the GitS: SAC music sampled earlier, who also did Cowboy Bebop (she's in the red jacket), also did the music for Escaflowne. Example. (scenes there are from the movie, not the tv show... the two are only marginally related and while the movie is good, it doesn't come close to the show) As you can see, three completely different styles in the three shows, all the same composer. She's one of the most impressive and versatile musicians I listen to.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - Aug. 5th, 2009 @ 11:55 PM Reply

I joined a gym that has flat screen TVs with cable built into each machine.

I ran on the treadmill while watching Star Trek.

I got some weird looks but I don't care.