New Topic Respond to this Topic
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 21:54:59 Reply

My aunt is a hair stylist and has been doing it for some time. My hair is really thick and you can't make it do things like slick back and whatnot either, but she uses these funky thinning scissors that thin out the hair to make it less thick and easier to handle. I also have weird cowlicks that makes my hair grow a bit weird.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 22:00:11 Reply

At 11/1/09 09:54 PM, Malachy wrote: My aunt is a hair stylist and has been doing it for some time. My hair is really thick and you can't make it do things like slick back and whatnot either, but she uses these funky thinning scissors that thin out the hair to make it less thick and easier to handle. I also have weird cowlicks that makes my hair grow a bit weird.

Yeah, Jodi does that for me as well. It's about the only way I can survive in the summer heat.

I have a whorl at the crown of my head, and the hair at the back grows out to the sides instead of straight down. It's delightful.

He followed me home, can I keep him?

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 22:18:38 Reply

At 11/1/09 10:00 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
At 11/1/09 09:54 PM, Malachy wrote: My aunt is a hair stylist and has been doing it for some time. My hair is really thick and you can't make it do things like slick back and whatnot either, but she uses these funky thinning scissors that thin out the hair to make it less thick and easier to handle. I also have weird cowlicks that makes my hair grow a bit weird.
Yeah, Jodi does that for me as well. It's about the only way I can survive in the summer heat.

I have a whorl at the crown of my head, and the hair at the back grows out to the sides instead of straight down. It's delightful.

I've got a little whorl in the upper right/back of my head, which if it gets too short makes a few clumps stand straight up and apparently my hair is predisposed to a mullet if left to its own devices. Don't ask me how, it apparently just grows longer int he back (or the hair is lower on my neck than normal?)

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 22:21:53 Reply

No, it happens. Sounds like you and I have similar problems - I had to go in for a haircut a few weeks ago because my hair was creeping down my neck, and I'll probably need to have the back cut at least two more times before the top and front catch up. The first time I chopped all my hair off I let it grow back in with no interference, and I wound up with this little wimpy ponytail in the back. If I didn't pull it into the wimpy ponytail, I had this wavy mullet that flared out to the sides because of how my hair grows in the back.

I don't regret shaving my head, but I wish I could skip past this stage.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 22:47:06 Reply

At 11/1/09 10:21 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: I don't regret shaving my head, but I wish I could skip past this stage.

Look at it this way; at least you've got hair.

Normally when my hair gets to long to bear, I go for a 2 guard on the sides with a 4 on top, faded into the back. A few years back I went for a haircut, and I forgot the numbers... I wound up telling the lady cutting it to use a 1 and a 3. I walked out of there with a military style buzzcut in the middle of January, and ever since then the hair on top of my head has been growing back in thinner and wirery compared to what it used to be. :-(

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 23:11:36 Reply

At 11/1/09 10:21 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: I don't regret shaving my head, but I wish I could skip past this stage.

In highschool I always wanted long hair. Every winter or so I would attempt it, go a few months without a hair cut and ultimately wind up with a mullet. Finally I let it grow a bit, had it evened out, then grew it out some more to get something close to it. My best attempt was actually last year or so before my wedding. I let my hair grow untended for a little over a year and it was close to actually being nice long hair, all even in the back and front too after one cut after a long while of a mullet. I thought it looked alright at mod meet that summer.

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 23:17:32 Reply

At 11/1/09 02:10 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
At 11/1/09 02:17 AM, fli wrote: It's an opportunity for you to go through a variety of lengths. You ought t slick it a bit and do the Demi Moore hairdo from Ghost. That was extremely cute.
My hair simply will not do that. There is no gel or spray or mousse on this planet that will make my hair stay back - I could use beeswax or glue, like I used to for my mohawk, but that wrecks your hair and I want it to grow out healthy.

I don't really have a lot of options for my hair. It's extremely thick and there's a hell of a lot of it, and it does not cooperate with styling.

Because I have "Mexican Hair"-- (meaning, it's thick and poofy--) I understand what it means when hair won't cooperate.

One tip that is very useful... sleep with a cap before styling in the morning.

It makes very very shinny hair, and hair that gets closer to the scalp.

Or you can grow it very long as I had done once a long time ago.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-01 23:22:20 Reply

At 10/31/09 11:52 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Go to the doctor if it gets worse. I wonder whats causing that?

it's a little bit better right now.
I'm using a steroid cream that's wonderful for these things. this was from my previous rashes that came from my medication.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 10:39:14 Reply

I found this webcomic a while back caled "Oglaf." Basically, it takes all the cliche's of the medevil games and the like, and pokes as much adult fun at them as possible. This weeks comic; the hero finds the Snow Queen. She invites him into her boudoir where strips off her skimpy outfit, he gets down to perform cunnilingus, and... his tounge gets stuck, ala "A Christmas Story."

This guy needs to turn it into a daily comic. Weekly isn't enough for this kind of humor, however graphic it can get.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 11:42:21 Reply

At 11/1/09 08:20 AM, Proteas wrote: I tried posting this on 4chan's /b/ yesterday,

;;;
THat would be a great poster, for all the 'H1N1' vacination bullshit the media is whipping into a frenzy around here.
Although we have had thousands of people tested,( Nova Scotia still only has 6 confirmed cases of H1N1). sampled & tested until we've completely overwhelmed the labs...people craming emergency rooms...because they have a sniffle.

Yet the poor deluded fools who make up most of the humanity in any given area (is there any wonder why Politicians can be so damned inept, yet contiue to get re-elected) are literally lining up by the hundreds to get 'vaccinated' !

I absolutely love the Health Dept Message to stay out of 'crowds or crowded situations' as best you can...then they open limited vaccination sites that cram hundreds of people for hours into line ups...the idiocy has got me astounded !
Funny ole world we live in ...if you equate 'funny' with pathetic .

I would like an explaination for, some of those with the highest risk, are young children...so why again are we not simply going into schools & vaccinating any kid who's parents wants them too ???
I do not know,but I do know, the circle of confusion is becoming a sphere up here ;)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 12:24:56 Reply

At 11/2/09 11:42 AM, morefngdbs wrote: THat would be a great poster, for all the 'H1N1' vacination bullshit the media is whipping into a frenzy around here.

Hm....

Anyone here want to add a little Doctor's mask to the picture?

Funny ole world we live in ...if you equate 'funny' with pathetic .

What irritates me about all this is the way they say it's "not near as dangerous as regular flu," but they keep playing the whole thing up in the media as though it were more so, calling it a pandemic and everything, making people nuts about it.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 17:31:32 Reply

What gets me is health care workers, like nurses who out of want of TV time or a better contract will sue a state or their employer for mandatory flu vaccine requirements, that have been in their contracts since they began working there because they think the h1n1 vaccine is somehow more dangerous than the regular flue vaccine.

yet, after every story of how more people died of h1n1 the news will explain that the vaccine is the exact same as the regular flu shot, so why are people throwing fits about how much more dangerous it is? fuck, people with egg allergies shouldn't be taking the seasonal shot either!

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 18:24:11 Reply

6,845 minutes until puppytime.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 18:51:54 Reply

At 11/2/09 06:24 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: 6,845 minutes until puppytime.

Someone excited?

Or incredibility anxious?

Or a combination of both plus boredom and a calculator?

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 18:56:08 Reply

I cheated by using an online countdown creator.

I am insanely stoked. I'm freaking out, but in a good way.

BBS Signature
SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 20:38:08 Reply

By the way, totally unrelated...I think I have found my Halloween costume for next year.

"Oh, man. Don't tell me I've been slaying hot girls this whole time!"

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 20:53:15 Reply

At 11/2/09 08:38 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: By the way, totally unrelated...I think I have found my Halloween costume for next year.

oh god, the belt and arm things are what I imagine will happen if Steampunk apparel shows up in hot topic

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 21:12:33 Reply

At 11/2/09 08:53 PM, Malachy wrote: oh god, the belt and arm things are what I imagine will happen if Steampunk apparel shows up in hot topic

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSH!

If you don't say it, it won't happen...........

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 21:21:19 Reply

At 11/1/09 11:22 PM, fli wrote:
At 10/31/09 11:52 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Go to the doctor if it gets worse. I wonder whats causing that?
it's a little bit better right now.
I'm using a steroid cream that's wonderful for these things. this was from my previous rashes that came from my medication.

The same thing happens to me any time I take any antibiotics. (what you were saying earlier about breaking out etc)

On the topic of hair, mine is horrible and I do nothing with it.

I wash it, and sometimes I dry it.

thats it. I never have pretty hair. I'm faaaaarrrr too lazy.

At 11/2/09 05:31 PM, Malachy wrote: What gets me is health care workers, like nurses who out of want of TV time or a better contract will sue a state or their employer for mandatory flu vaccine requirements, that have been in their contracts since they began working there because they think the h1n1 vaccine is somehow more dangerous than the regular flue vaccine.

yet, after every story of how more people died of h1n1 the news will explain that the vaccine is the exact same as the regular flu shot, so why are people throwing fits about how much more dangerous it is? fuck, people with egg allergies shouldn't be taking the seasonal shot either!

I was offered it at my last doctors appointment and said no.
Theyve also got a law being passed right now saying all school age children will be required to have it, this year, which I also hate. I wasnt planning on making my son take it.

At 11/2/09 08:38 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: By the way, totally unrelated...I think I have found my Halloween costume for next year.

hot

also puppies yay

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 21:37:08 Reply

At 11/2/09 09:21 PM, SevenSeize wrote: thats it. I never have pretty hair. I'm faaaaarrrr too lazy.

Pfft, your hair has looked pretty in every pic of you I've seen. Don't know what you're talking about.

I was offered it at my last doctors appointment and said no.
Theyve also got a law being passed right now saying all school age children will be required to have it, this year, which I also hate. I wasnt planning on making my son take it.

See, at that age, it's probably best that they do just get the flu in my opinion. They're immune systems need to get used to fighting off things naturally. Unless he's got asthma or some other underlying condition and you know to bring him to the doctor if he gets really bad, there's no big problem with him passing on the shot.

¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-02 22:03:21 Reply

At 11/2/09 08:38 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote: "Oh, man. Don't tell me I've been slaying hot girls this whole time!"

YOU CAN DO EET!!!

*cough*

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 06:45:55 Reply

At 11/2/09 10:03 PM, Proteas wrote: YOU CAN DO EET!!!

I meant to say that you could easily pull off that look, skunky. :-3

Is that from Brutal Legend? It looks pretty good.

BBS Signature
tony4moroney
tony4moroney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 08:36:40 Reply

I contracted food poisoning on Friday from sharing drinks. After figuring I'd seen through the worst of it, I decided to treat myself to an entire pizza and a generous serving of ice cream. Problem: I'm lactose intolerant.

Apparently I survived it though, so I decided to test fate again and try the same combination another time. I must be why Darwin's Theory remains one.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 17:15:06 Reply

At 11/3/09 08:36 AM, tony4moroney wrote: Problem: I'm lactose intolerant.

So that's you, me, fli, and more (I think). Can we call it a club, yet?

Apparently I survived it though, so I decided to test fate again and try the same combination another time. I must be why Darwin's Theory remains one.

You're a much braver man than I, or at the very least, stronger in constitution than I. I'm just waiting for the day they make a soy juice that actually tastes like milk, instead of a vanilla milkshake. I miss my granola breakfast cereal, dammit. :-(

--------

Drunk Ewoks on the Today Show. It's exactly what it sounds like, you will laugh. I'm George Zimmer, and I guarantee it.

BBS Signature
tony4moroney
tony4moroney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 19:52:04 Reply

At 11/3/09 05:15 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 11/3/09 08:36 AM, tony4moroney wrote: Problem: I'm lactose intolerant.
So that's you, me, fli, and more (I think). Can we call it a club, yet?

You're a much braver man than I, or at the very least, stronger in constitution than I. I'm just waiting for the day they make a soy juice that actually tastes like milk, instead of a vanilla milkshake. I miss my granola breakfast cereal, dammit. :-(

Soy is absolute garbage, but due to financial constraints I've been forced to substitute it for milk as often as I can.

I've also read that high consumption of soy products can lower your testosterone levels, but there isn't highly conclusive research on that, however much of the bodybuilding community avoid it like the plague read into it what you may, but I tend to be skeptical of it.

Now I hear you saying "Wait milk? What?"

Not sure about your local supermarket but there should be a lactose free milk range. If not, I'd search around for some it's more common than you'd think, I haven't tried powdered milk but you can order powdered lactose free milk from the internets. Not sure how long you've been deprived of milk for, but man, the moment I discovered it I was so excited I almost hopped and skipped like a schoolgirl.

Currently over cereal but you better believe I ate cereal everyday, oftentimes substituting or eating it immediately after a main when I discovered the miracle of lactose free milk.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 20:17:33 Reply

At 11/3/09 07:52 PM, tony4moroney wrote: A

Soy is absolute garbage,

My counter to this, soy sauce.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 20:23:36 Reply

At 11/3/09 08:17 PM, stafffighter wrote: My counter to this, soy sauce.

Soy sauce isn't trying to imitate something it clearly is not, though.

I've heard of lactose free milk, tony, I hadn't thought to look for it hear locally because I'd be very leary of how it tastes compared to real milk. Is it any good?

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 20:34:32 Reply

At 11/3/09 08:23 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 11/3/09 08:17 PM, stafffighter wrote: My counter to this, soy sauce.
Soy sauce isn't trying to imitate something it clearly is not, though.

I took his statment as an attack on soy in general. If this was a mistake I apologize. Bacon Bits are also soy, aren't they?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 20:52:25 Reply

At 11/3/09 08:34 PM, stafffighter wrote: I took his statment as an attack on soy in general. If this was a mistake I apologize. Bacon Bits are also soy, aren't they?

As an Agent of the BCA (Bacon Copyright Association) I'm afraid that information has not released to the public and never will be.

Now if you'll come with me, we have to question you about where you got this information...........

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2009-11-03 21:02:24 Reply

At 11/3/09 08:34 PM, stafffighter wrote: I took his statment as an attack on soy in general. If this was a mistake I apologize.

S'all right. All is forgiven. :-)

The thing I don't like about Soy Milk is that it (the last brand I had being Silk) overcompensates; it's TOO thick and creamy, it's TOO sweet. If they toned down the taste a bit, it wouldn't be so bad.

Bacon Bits are also soy, aren't they?

I think the fake ones are, but there are real bacon bits on the market. I like to put some in with my eggs when making scrambled eggs, then put it on a biscuit with a slice of processed cheese (which doesn't bother me for some reason).

BBS Signature